Hello Gran Turismo fans,
As you may have read or seen there is new incoming content for GT5 and I am very happy to confirm that the date for the new content will be 21 December.
So what’s coming up? Firstly, we’ll have a second DLC Car Pack which follows on from first Racing Car Pack in October. Car Pack 2 will contain a new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35, 2011 MINI COOPER S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, and a 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R. Priced at €3.99 in Europe, the pack can be purchased from the PlayStationStore.
On the same day, a ‘Family Upgrade’ will be made available for free from the store. This means that if you bought the October DLC – Racing Car Pack 1, Course Pack 1, or the ‘Complete Pack’ that contained both – more than just one user per PS3 can now access the content. This means that family members or mates sharing the same PS3 can use those courses and cars as they will no longer be limited just to your particular PSN ID. The upgrade doesn’t apply to the Racing Gear Pack or Special Paint Pack and if you buy the new Car Pack 2 then this sharing function will be automatic.
The good news gets even better for players who have bought or intend to buy one of the first DLC packs (including, of course, the Complete Pack). As a special gift they will get the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards free. The refresh cards will take any car back to being ‘as good as new’ while maintaining any modifications or paint jobs you have given your motors. You will need to install the new functionality update to benefit from this rather nice stocking filler.
Speaking of functionality updates, 2.02 will also be available on 21 December. The update will add several new enhancements to GT5 as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the benefits of update 2.02 include:
- Offering the ability to change wheels on standard cars
- A ‘copy’ feature will be added to settings sheets
- In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application.
- Free tickets have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update).
- Pressing the □ button in the car ticket selection screen of the Car Delivery, will now allow you to exchange all car tickets at once.
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the □ button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the △ button will show the drivers list.
- An option has now been added for ‘Max. number of participants – this is featured in the room settings of My Lounge.
- Added ☆ marks which show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event, in the event selection screen of seasonal events.
- Racing sound effect adjustment.
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been adjusted.
The seasonal feel good factor doesn’t end there. In the spirit of the festive season, players who have installed the 2.02 update will also be gifted the stunning Toyota FT86 ’12 completely free of charge.
So there you have it, GT5 not only continues to get bigger and better, there are even a few special gifts being thrown in for good measure.
We hope you enjoy the new content and here’s wishing you Happy Christmases all round and plenty of on-going fun on the Real Driving Simulator!