Posted

New Year, New Uncharted 3 DLC; Fortune Hunters’ Club Grows

Happy 2012! We’re starting the year off with a fresh batch of UNCHARTED 3 DLC content and more in the pipeline that prophecies forbid us from fully portending quite yet. Hope you’ve all gotten 2012 off to a rocking start even with all the 2012 phenomenon chatter. If not, we’re about to make your end of days talk and your UNCHARTED gaming life much more awesome.

First off, today we’ll be releasing four maps we teased a couple of weeks after the UNCHARTED 3 launch.

uncharted3_map pack_thumb

You’ll be getting the Cave, Fort, Lost City, and Sanctuary maps in this download pack. Dynamic lighting effects, new particle effects and a slew of technical changes have been made to these maps. The lighting was reworked from scratch. New textures and weather effects are apparent and freshly decorate all maps. We poured hours of development time into these maps to make them be really fun in the UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer ecosystem. This map pack is a taste of how far we can go to remix some of your favourite maps into a completely new UNCHARTED 3 gameplay experience.

If you’re a member of the Fortune Hunters’ Club these maps will be available free to you. If not, you can gain access today by purchasing the FHC from the PS Store. It’s a fantastic deal at €24.99 / £19.99

Initially, the Fortune Hunters’ Club offered savings off the seven multiplayer packs (three character skin packs, four map packs) that will be released for Uncharted 3. We’ve kicked this deal up a few notches and are now offering 14 total packs, 7 new packs that we will be revealing as the year progresses! As a FHC member the savings for these 14 packs will be over 60%! Current membership and any new membership purchased will include all currently available and any upcoming DLC packs for Uncharted 3 as well as an exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club theme that will let you know when new Uncharted 3 DLC hits right from the XMB of your PS3.

Besides the fun new maps you’ll be playing on today, we wanted to tell you about some future hits of DLC. We have three new character skins packs coming at you next. The Rogues Pack 1 and Rogues Pack 2 will let you play as some of the major thugs and minor characters from Uncharted 3. Donut Pack 1 will giant-size some of your favorite Uncharted 3 heroes and villains.

2012_1_17_U3DLC_DonutSully 2012_1_17_U3DLC_DesertAgent44 2012_1_17_U3DLC_Ali

Details on how and when the three new skin packs will be available, and what DLC is coming after that, will follow in our next blog update. We have a lot more DLC coming at you. To whet your appetite, here’s a hint to as what it may be:

U3DLC_Upcoming

Any guesses to why Lazarević is holding half a Janus head?

As you see we are currently hard at work on completely new DLC for your UNCHARTED 3 online adventure. As soon as all the content is fully baked, tested through QA and we have locked release dates you’ll be the first to know. For now, let’s explore some new maps together. See you online!

35 Comments
0 Author replies

WHAT WHY NO VILLAGE!!!!????

And when will you start releasing new maps instead of remakes?

The FHC now gets 14 packs? Thats epic really glad I payed for it and more doughnut characters is sure to be good for a laugh, can’t wait to play the new(old?) maps :)

residentSteve 17 January, 2012 @ 17:30

Will you be releasing a doughnut version of chloe and elena?

For the 1st DLC for UC3 i hoped for New Maps Not Old Updated ones, which ‘imo’ is Lazy

@residentSteve

na naughty dog don’t dig fat chicks ;D

jk.

If you’re gonna do another Flashback map pack to include Village and so forth…DO IT LAST.

We need new maps, not rehashes.

Just what I needed, getting kinda sick of trying to go for those skeleton skins in co op adventure.. I do wish they made the Villain skins available for co op since that’s all I play and I’m losing out on half the skins like that.. Uncharted 2 had the same issue..

“An exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club theme that will let you know when new Uncharted 3 DLC hits right from the XMB of your PS3”.

How does this work? I have the theme installed, what’s supposed to happen when DLC is available?

Wow, new map pack, the Lost City and the Sanctuary is my favorite! I’m looking forward some new co-op adventure ;)
Otherwise, do you know something about the UC3 Beta rewards? I would love an UC3 Beta Tester avatar! :)

A new co-op mode.. play as evil??

Will download the new DLC later today :)

What about some DLC for the single player.
The main game was too short, too many ‘running away from things’ scenarios, hardly any platforming/puzzles in the latter half of the game compared to the first half.

The game was incredibly rushed as was evident by the latter chapters.

I hope you make up for it with some main game DLC (I don’t do multiplayer)!!

When will come in the store? I don’t see the dlc.

Can anyone say when online trophies will be coming to UC3? they are sorely missing and everyone can get the platinum without them now, like UC2.

@14 DLC trophies don’t count towards platinums anyway

$5.00 off theFHC <_<

Carnivius_Prime 18 January, 2012 @ 16:09

Brilliant stuff. I’ve missed Sanctuary and the new version looks beautifully done. The rest of the remixes looks superb too. And to those on about new maps; We had plenty of great new maps in Uncharted 3 itself so it’s great to be getting more of the ‘classic’ maps from Uncharted 2 to begin with. Means I have even less reason to load up Uncharted 2’s multiplayer since Uncharted 3’s is far superior. Only a few missing from Uncharted 2’s list now. Though I wouldn’t be upset if they ignored the Temple. It was by far the dullest map. The Village on the other hand would be a nice addition.

@Omegabug2003 I have to disagree. I was glad to be done with puzzles. They’re easily my least favorite thing about Uncharted. Moving levers and turning statues is boring compared to satisfyingly figuring out the best way of clearing an area of tough enemies.

sharpenedpixel 18 January, 2012 @ 16:45

This is pretty horrible, map packs, and so expensive. This is meant to be Uncharted, not a cash cow like Call of Duty -_-

Connor_mufc_1985 18 January, 2012 @ 17:15

@18 how is 14 dlc packs for £20 horrible ?

WHAT HAPPEND TO THE PRICE??? Yesterday you guys said that this map pack would be 50%. Really hope that it is a price error on the store and will be fixed soon!

LOVE YOU GUYS! Thanks heaps :D

I joined the FHC but they are still charging me for the isa helmet, the heghast helmet and armor. How do i fix this?

How about a patch for the spinning ring of death glitch?

I love what you did to the maps.

@SyncroUK i think it’s not working. It didn’t show up for me.I just searched it on the store and got it for free.

i can’t wait for the doughnut pack to come out i will die laughing when i play it.

MP, neh.

@kempobert There three if you get the pack that has all three together they didnt intend for fhc members to get them individually

free* don’t know what happened to my english there :s

@ Omegabug2003. Naughty Dog have already made a statement to the fact that they have absolutely NO intentions of making/releasing ANY single player dlc now or at any time in the future. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but now you know and can move on and stop living in false hope. Sorry once again.

what is the little white star that some ppl get next to there level? And how do u get it

STEALTHSNAKE1 20 January, 2012 @ 09:21

Please please please can we have some information on a realease date if any ? for choplifter HD on PSN EU ? many thanks.

sharpenedpixel 20 January, 2012 @ 12:04

@19 Connor_mufc_1985 I bought the whole game for £25, the DLC packs are going to be mostly skins if not map packs. They’ve got another £20 of your money for minimal work as the skins take no effort as they’re mostly from the game(s).

Connor_mufc_1985 22 January, 2012 @ 17:09

@33 sharpenedpixel i already bought the fortune hunter club and have the map pack and skins so far naughty dog and sony didn’t have to add the other 7 packs and for no extra cost but they did and im glad theirs at least 3 confirmed map packs and new co-op dlc so yea theirl be skin packs but 4 map packs and co-op dlc is worth £20 without skins if you compare the likes of CoD and BF who charge £11 for 1 map pack you got nothing to complain about and btw its sony who sets price of uncharted 3 dlc not naughty dog.

I refuse to pay for maps that I already own and skins that should be unlocked for free. I can’t believe people buy into this stuff. I was already disappointed for 4 of the “original” maps being rehashes. However, when NEW maps are created I will probably buy them.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history