Posted

PlayStation Home: Welcome The Year Of The Dragon

PlayStation Home is offline from 8AM GMT on Wednesday 18th January for routine maintenance. Here is what to expect after the update…

Celebrate the Chinese New Year in style in the brand new Mahjong apartment. Invite your friends to play Mahjong Attack, our version of this very popular Chinese game.

It’s the year of the Dragon, so we’re giving away a free Chinese Dragon! Known for his wisdom and loyalty, this dragon is a worthy companion to have at your side. Just visit Home Square to pick up this reward, absolutely free.

ChineseDragon_1280x720

Everyone loves cute ponies, right? If you say no, you’re clearly kidding yourself. The latest herd of Stitchkins have come cantering into PlayStation Home and they are some seriously adorable equines. Starshine and Aurora are big-eyed unicorns who stamp their little hooves to get your attention. If you wouldn’t be seen dead with a pink pony, then maybe Nimbus and Storm are more your style. Longer limbed Pegasus, these winged miniature horses never give up trying to fly, even if their stubby little wings aren’t big enough to lift them. Whichever you choose, their antics are sure to brighten up your day!

Also this week, Granzella bring us ‘Great Edo of Nippon’ – a Japanese Edo period themed space.

Along the shop-lined streets of this space, townspeople and merchants can be seen going about various occupations such as cargo delivery, running food stands, and samurai duties as well.

In the local clothing store, among many other Japanese costumes, you’ll find stylish kimono, samurai outfits, and even swords to complete the look. Change into a samurai outfit or kimono and experience the traditional Japanese culture of the Edo period.

Upon entering the city you can try your hand at the Goldfish Scoop and the Shooting Gallery mini-games. However, there’s a strange rumour going around the city recently…

Apparently, people say something is haunting the city!

Edo_7820x450_04Edo_7820x450_01

Konami bring us some new additions to their Urban Camo range – try sneaking up on your friends in a variety of elaborate disguises, such as a treasure chest or arcade cabinet.

The PlayStation Home January Sale continues, and you can now pick up a great value bundle containing all of the Winter Villa furniture for just £2.99 / €3.59.

That wraps it up for this week. See you in Home!

32 Comments
0 Author replies
CoolRichy008UK 18 January, 2012 @ 10:20

wow cool update a free dragon and a new japaneze space.

anyone know what happend to the ireem beach and the other ireem space that japanese one with the stalls where we got the free costume i miss them spaces :(

oh and bte mr catkiller i know why i was being a jurk all this time it was because of a bad thing that sccared me in 2003 somin todo with a ex gf being nasty to me but as of yesterday me and her have made up and now are friends and now the curse i had is finally gone

I Richard hereby apologuse to everyone i ever offended or upsetted the last few years or when i said stupid babyish stuff i didnt mean to say it takes a big man with a big heart to say sorry and i am sorry totally the old me has been killed the new nicer me is here

oh and as for me beign on certain FB pages its only harmless fun if you dont like what i say just ignore it on there ok

chat to u lot again soooon

Wait-Jester-Sec 18 January, 2012 @ 10:23

Very nice update :) Just wondering… is there any info on EU getting the new clubhouse? or is that just for NA

now can we have sypro: the year of the dragon on the psn store :P

Blood-Red-RoseUK 18 January, 2012 @ 10:33

Edo space looks terrific, can’t wait to don some Samurai clothing.

CoolRichy008UK 18 January, 2012 @ 10:36

good thing i got £25 left im gonna buy all the japaneze clothing and what ever i got left (i am not gonna buy a pink my little pony) lol maybe a blue one and name it rose lol

Another great update – well done. :)

Thank you for your reply last week, James, regarding the Winter Event quests. Will the final 2 quests be up and running at last today do you know?

Thanks. :)

“free Chinese Dragon” Cool;) I will visit soon + i will give the ‘Pink Pony’ a miss :D Anyway i got a cute Kitten & cute Sackboy to follow me about in HOME :D (shame they both can’t follow me at the same time tho)

James Gallagher 18 January, 2012 @ 10:50

Hey everyone, how do you feel about the new time for this blog post and the Home update? Just letting you know that, from now on, we’re planning to publish this post on Wednesday morning during the regular Home maintenance.

Finally, he comes to Europe good update :) Add more games with level up and the Home will be great :)

I prefer to have the blog post the evening before so that we know what to expect and look forward to the next day but I guess Wednesday morning is OK too if you want to do that instead. :)

yeah I like the new update time! goes well with the store update so everything is on one day! perfect! ;p nice

Blood-Red-RoseUK 18 January, 2012 @ 11:15

@ Cool richy’s #1 comment – You never ever fail to amuse me darls.

how long will this maintenance take today? just wondering.

Interesting .

Cool update this week! Can’t wait to check out the new Granzella space and grab the free dragon.

I also much prefer the new Wednesday slot for maintenance.

Is the casino planned for europe.

The “Great Edo of Nippon” space looks amazing. I’ll definitely being tacking a breaking from my trophy hunting and spend some time in there.

That Chinese dragon companion looks awesome.

I’m confused though. If the Home updates are being posted, will the store updates be on another day now?

Disregard that. Right after I posted that comment, the store update shows up. How ironic.

I like the new time. fits well with the ps store update :D

Also I cant seem to find the RC game in pier park, if its indeed missing do you know a date?

finnally a space!

good update but i have a zombie companion!

jgvb

A good update, i like it :)

Hi awesome update love the dragon it looks cool just wondering when is the HUGE ps home update happening

OH GOD! BRONIES IN PLAYSTATION HOME!
This sh** has officially gone full circle.

CoolRichy008UK 19 January, 2012 @ 16:18

the new update day for ps home and store is better cuz it dont clash with the ps updates.

i bought all the japaneze stuff in home and 2 of the cute ponys lol also if you wanna know how to make a japaneze face in home its easy todo

1 goto wardrobe
2 then face
3 eyes – make them long and small
4 eyebrows – make theme like this \/
5 add lines above the eyebrows and volla you got ya own japaneze face lol
——————————————————————–

and ieatpixels whats wrong with bronies lol you should be worried about them manga girls lol

CoolRichy008UK 19 January, 2012 @ 16:19

Carl-G i bought the black blue pony and the pink one trust me get both and show the girls they wil go awww lol

ZiG-ZaG-LeGeNd 20 January, 2012 @ 08:16

Chinese new year? If they’re doing that, then y not do Anzac day

STEALTHSNAKE1 20 January, 2012 @ 09:21

Please please please can we have some information on a realease date if any ? for choplifter HD on PSN EU ? many thanks.

Immortal-Wolf- 20 January, 2012 @ 19:29

WoW

CoolRichy008UK Still on PSN thought? PSN would ban him after the death swearing messages he sent me and few others as CoolRichy008UK swears saying he gonna come round mine stab my mum then smash my head in till i bleed to death Sony PSN im making a formal complaint as you lie saying you take death messages very seriously but looks like u don’t il be contacting Sony PSN again this time a police warning to Sony PSN

This is so cool.

SirJake_Brookes 21 January, 2012 @ 21:44

@30 I agree police should be involved about coolrichy and death threats and James I think Sony should permanently ban him because he’s a threat to everyone on PlayStation Network and new Wednesday update is better so more people can go on PlayStation Home on Thursday before weekend. Kind regards J.L.Brookes

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history