Posted

The 4 April SingStore Update, Discounted Songs And More…

Hi all,

Oh, what lovely and sunny past few weeks we’ve had here at SingStar’s HQ in London! I hope you were all as fortunate as us with the weather, wherever you are.

Sir Mix A Lot_Baby Got Back

This week, let’s welcome spring with Buddy Holly’s ‘Peggy Sue’ and ‘Baby Got Back’ by Sir Mix A Lot plus all five tracks from the Elton John song pack are now available as singles. Really looking forward to giving Martika and Sade a try too at the weekend.

Martika_Toy Soldiers NEW NewSade_Your Love Is King

I have already highlighted this in the list below, but please note that Sunrise Avenue’s ‘Hollywood Hills’ is only available for download in certain countries.

Good news: we have finally had the go-ahead to publish the ‘You Decide’ discounted list in game for you so keep an eye out for that in the ‘Charts’ section.

By the way, you voted for the 80s theme, so check out the website here for the list of all fifteen tracks available at a discount. This is the last ‘You Decide’ list we’ll be publishing but we’re hoping to be able to run a few more promotions for you in the not so distant future.

Last but not least, there will be a patch release this week (Wednesday but follow us on Twitter @SingStarHQ for up-to-date info) so be aware that you will have to patch all your discs at some point.

The update includes support for the official wireless headset , and a fix for stability issues some of you have been reporting.

I think that’s all I have for now. Looking forward to seeing you again in two weeks’ time!

Ciao,

Nina xx

PS: Good news for those of you with Android smartphones: we’ll be releasing the DanceStar Mobile app for you very very soon.

In English
Buddy HollyPeggy Sue
Chris MedinaWhat Are Words
Def LeppardAnimal
Elton JohnI’m Still Standing
Elton JohnSacrifice
Elton JohnNikita
Elton JohnSad Songs (Say So Much)
Elton JohnCandle In The Wind
Fury In The Slaughter HouseWhen I’m Dead And Gone
MartikaToy Soldiers
SadeYour Love Is King
Sir Mix A LotBaby Got Back
Sunrise AvenueHollywood HillsAvailable in AT/AT/BE/DE/LX/NL/CH only
The BandThe Weight
In Spanish
BarricadaEn Blanco y Negro

Track has previously been released on a disc.

16 Comments
13 Author replies
Nina Scherer 03 April, 2012 @ 15:00

Update: I have just found out that the patch release will now be next week instead. Will keep you informed but should be happening on 11th April now.

Another good update :)

Are there any plans to add new features to the SingStar game in the near future? (Playlists [without PSP], launch the game without disc, …)

Nina Scherer 03 April, 2012 @ 15:05
2.1

Only time will tell ;)

RagdollMuffins 03 April, 2012 @ 15:19

My number one wish: Vanessa Carlton!

You said for some weeks ago that you would look into the possibility to let users upload more than 5 singstar videos, been loking further into this, and is there any chance it will happend? :)
On dancestar it’s unlimited it looks?, but on Singstar 5 is really too littel, you must atleast double it to 10 if unlimited is too much :)

Nina Scherer 03 April, 2012 @ 15:38
4.1

It’s with the team but if I hear anything you’ll be the first to know :)

ChrisEngdahl 03 April, 2012 @ 16:01

Can you PLEASE patch DANCESTAR Party so we all who has problems with the camera can actually enjoy the game fully? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I started this thread back in January and haven’t HEARD A SINGLE reply!!!

And AGAIN, if you go to the community page on dancestar.com you can see that A LOT of people are having this problem!!!

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 09:34
5.1

Hi Chris,

Apologies that you haven’t heard back from anyone. I’ll check with the team and get back to you although I have the feeling this is not a DanceStar Party releated issue so we might not be able to do anything about it. Keep you posted…

Nina

Is there any way to access songs that were updated last month on the PSN store when you are using a Party 20 song voucher as we cannot access the Adele tracks that were launched last month and they are not appearing at all on the Playstation store.

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 09:37
6.1

Hiya –

They should be available for you soon.

‘…and they are not appearing at all on the Playstation store.’ – I guess you mean when you access the PSN store with the voucher?

Nina

Wow, amazing. Not in a good, not in a 2012 way, but still amazing.

Oh dear. Nothing for me. Some seriously uncool music choices. Whoever is picking these songs really needs to broaden their musical horizons. I mean.. Def Leppard? They weren’t even cool back in the day. Even my “hair metal” friends wouldn’t touch Def Leppard.

Show full comment

Currently I’m singing my way to work listening to The Vaccines. Very “singable”. Would go down a treat at SingStar parties with my friends. But this list… is bad. VERY BAD! I suggest the SingStar team head off to a musical festival some day, such as Reading or Leeds, and look at the tens of thousands of people there… Tens. Of. Thousands… and do a quick survey of what the people who enjoy music enough to pay £200 to stand in mud and rain for a weekend would like to hear on SingStar. Rather than knocking on your neighbour’s door and asking their mum. Elton John? Sade? Def Leppard? Martika? SO NOT COOL! Sure, they have their fans, but the discerning musical aficionado would not have them on their iPod. And if they did they’d not admit it in public.

Something’s gotta change!

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 09:48
8.1

‘If you wanna come back it’s alright, it’s alright
It’s alright if you wanna come back…’ :)

what about guns n roses ?? come on guys, its one of the best rock bands ever and theres not even a effin song on any singstar

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 09:38
9.1

That would be good. Have a word with them for us? :)

Still no current songs? Dissapointed..

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 09:41
10.1

Don’t cry, please. :(

I’m sure there are SOME songs you like amongst the nearly 3,000 we have released over the years?

Nina, did you actually see me driving home? That is the very line I was crooning at the top of my lungs, and just the sort of thing we’d go nuts for on SingStar.

Show full comment

On a more positive note, I just managed to fix my launch model PS3 after it has been dead for two years… it YLoD’d, which I fixed but it was still dead… turned out I needed a £3 ribbon cable… which means I have access to all my old SingStar party videos again! I’m SO chuffed. However, I wish, I SO wish, there was a way to export them… exporting to Facebook is pretty good but it would be great to export the pics to the XMB… and the videos but I suspect there would be copyright issues to deal with… but it would be great to be able to back them up to a secure file and import them to my new PS3… i.e. export to a file where they can’t be accessed from PC and therefore cannot breach any copyrights; then import that file directly back into SingStar. At the moment once your PS3 dies, these memories are GONE! Unless you’re like me and determined. To think I almost sold it for parts…

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 14:53
11.1

I did – I am everywhere :)

By the way Nina, it you want to come to Reading Festival, I’ll be there… it will be my twentieth!

I would suggest that event-related SingStar updates would be good, e.g. Foo Fighters are playing Reading, so release some in time… or perhaps when Debbie Gibson decides to make a comeback tour, release some of her massive hits to coincide…

That last one was a joke but I hope you get my point.

Well, I say it was a joke, I actually quite enjoyed some Debbie Gibson back in the day. But don’t tell my friends.

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 15:03
12.1

If only we could get some Foos :) I can look into Debbie though!!!! If that is your greatest wish?

Great selection of discounted 80’s songs. I’ve got most of them on PS2 discs, but i’ll be buying at least 6 of them anyway!

As for the regular DLC, it’s all broken up song packs and old songs.

How about something new? Get hold of those songs that are being played on radio repeatedly like “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5, “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes. When I go to a karaoke bar, I do tracks like “Bad Touch” by Bloodhound Gang, “Crystal” by New Order, “Runaway Train” by Soul Asylum (yes, it’s on a PS2 disc), “Karma Police” by Radiohead and “Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth” by Dandy Warhols.

Those are the kind of songs I want on the SingStore!

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 14:49
13.1

Glad you like ’em, enjoy!

I’m sure it will come as no surprise to you when I say that all of the ones you mention above are on our list plus msny many more (and some for years) but it doesn’t mean we can just ‘get’ them. That would be nice though if it was that simple.

Hey Nina, will Sunrise Avenue’s “Hollywood Hills” ever be available on the UK SingStore?

There’s loads of other videos by European artists i’d love to see in the SingStore, like “Ayo Technology” by Milow, “Pushed Again” by Die Toten Hosen (which is on a PS2 disc only released in Germany) and if there’s any other videos you can get from the band Minor Majority, that would be awesome too.

Over the years SingStar has introduced me to a lot of new artists i’d never have heard otherwise, so thanks for that!

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 14:52
14.1

Hey

I don’t know. Currently it is only licensed for the stores mentioned above. If it clears for others, we will release it, of course.

Maybe on some of the ones you mention. We’ll see. Nice to hear that we helped you discover some new music! You’re welcome. :)

Nina

We need some LMFAO songs on SingStore

Nina Scherer 04 April, 2012 @ 16:02
15.1

OK!

Nina thanks for answering, yes I tried to access through the voucher code and songs still aren’t availible but they are availible in the normal PSN store now when they weren’t before. Will this change?

Nina Scherer 10 April, 2012 @ 17:22
16.1

Hey – the store should be in line with the SingStore within the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay but if you’re specifically after Adele you should be able to get hold of the tracks with your voucher from tonight :)

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history