Posted

‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update 11th April 2012

Episodes from Liberty City heads its way onto the PS Store on this fine sunny day*. This includes both expansions (The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony) and won’t require the original GTAIV disc.

For PlayStation Vita we now have Stardrone Extreme, a game that I can only describe as really, really colourful!

U3DDMapPack_DLC_london_3

There is a varied bunch of DLC content today, too from Dynasty Warriors 7 to Uncharted 3. Yep, Uncharted 3 has a new set of maps available today for you fortune hunting folk out there. Nothing like running around on the streets of London, eh?

FFXIII-2-Gilgamesh-2

Gilgamesh also travels through time to say hello and then proceed to make your life difficult in a new coliseum battle for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Noel gets his outfit from Assassin’s Creed and Serah gets her outfit designed by a member from AKB48, a Japanese group so big both in members and popularity.

The Journey soundtrack today is also being released today, too. A game praised for its music, I am sure this will go down a treat for some.

We’ve also got a bit of a sale going on for various Tom Clancy titles. More information will be detailed courtesy of Andy soon but, you’ll be able to hunt the offers down once the store refreshes later today.

As always, the list of content follows below.

Happy gaming.

Adieu!

*It was sunny as I wrote this. It may not be sunny now, however…

PlayStation Network New Content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only:

PlayStation Plus

• Silent Hill (PS one) – 100% discount

Until May 9th

• Pure Chess – 20% discount

2 weeks only

• Pure Chess – Park Pack – 100% discount

2 weeks only

• Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City – 40% Discount

1 week only

PS3 Games

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City includes both The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony together and does not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

£14.99, €19.99, AU$29.95
PEGI: 18
Availability: Not Available in KW,QT,SA,AE

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded

Play through all the iconic movie moments re-imagined and updated for today’s gaming standards. Experience stunning visuals, a unique blend of action and stealth, and upgraded multiplayer. In the new MI6 Ops, test your 00 mettle in various agent skill challenges.

Refined. Recharged. Reloaded.

Prices: £39.99, €49.99, AU$79.95

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Betrayed by Darth Vader for the last time, Starkiller has escaped and faces a new journey to find his true identity. Unleash fury – wield dual lightsabers and new force powers to crush your enemies. Unleash truth – sequel to the award-winning story, continue the epic Star Wars saga.

Prices:£8.79, €10.99, AU$17.45
Availability: Available only in AU,BE,FR,DE,NL,NZ,IT,PT,RU,ES,UK

Pure Chess

Experience the game of chess like you’ve never seen it before. Download Pure Chess to see how stunning and beautiful chess can really be, and find out if you are a Grandmaster in the making.

Prices: £4.99, €6.19, AU$10.25
PEGI: 3

PS3 Demos (Free)

• Summer Stars 2012 Demo
    PEGI:
    Availability: Only available in AT, DE,  IT, ES, CH
  • Sniper Elite V2 Demo
    PEGI:
    Availability:
    Not available in Germany

PSVita Games

Stardrone Extreme
Compatible with PlayStation Vita only. Gameplay requires PlayStation Vita memory card (sold separately).

StarDrone Extreme is a high-speed action thriller with a mix of arcade action, pinball, breakout, physics and collect-the-objects. Explore the level to find key power-ups and earn more points that will ultimately let you compete against the world on the StarDrone Extreme leaderboards.

Prices: £3.19, €3.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in AU, NZ

minis

• I Kill Zombies
    £2.49, €2.99, AU$4.95
  • LA Gridlock
    £1.74, €1.99, AU$3.45
    PEGI: 7
    Availability: All
  • Golf Mania (released 4th April)
    Prices: £2.49, €2.99, AU$4.95

• Legend Stage Pack 3
    Prices: £3.19, €3.99, AU$6.95
    Availability: Not available in NZ
  • New Weapon Pack 6
    Prices: £1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45
    Availability: Not available in NZ

Motorstorm RC (Vita cross compatible)

• Special Monster Truck: Atlas Earthquake
    Prices: £0.21, €0.25, AU$0.45
    PEGI: 3
    Availability: All
  • Special Buggy: Atlas Excavator (Free for ONE week)
    Prices: £0.21, €0.25, AU$0.45

Warriors Orochi 3

• Weapon Pack
    Prices: £1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45
    PEGI: 12
    Availability: Not available in NZ

Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 3

• Elite April Drops – Black Box, Black Ice & Negotiator (Thursday 12th April release)
    Prices: Free

Prices: £7.99, €9.99, AU$15.95

Mass Effect 3

• Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Multiplayer Expansion
    Prices: Free
    PEGI: 18

PSVita DLC

Motorstorm RC (PS3 cross compatible)

• Special Monster Truck: Atlas Earthquake
    £0.21, €0.25, AU$0.45
  • Special Buggy: Atlas Excavator (Free for ONE week)
    £0.21, €0.25, AU$0.45

• Stairway to Heaven
    £1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45
  • Dynamic Atom Theme
    £1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45
  • Dynamic Cliff Theme
    £1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45
  • Dynamic clouds over silos theme
    £1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45

• Infamous: Festival Of Blood Trailer
    Availability:
    Not available in DE
248 Comments
41 Author replies

Hello Jawed

Could you look into this for me as I would like to purchase the game?
Thanks Jawad

joshualeuty96-2- 11 April, 2012 @ 13:34

Okay update this week, will be picking up Stardrone for my new PS Vita

Hello Jawed

Could you look into this for me as I would like to purchase the game?

Thanks Jawad

Wasn’t there a pinball game coming to Vita today?

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 14:43
4.1

It’s been pushed back. Date to be confirmed.

When are we getting Skullgirls?

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 14:43
5.1

I was fearing this question…

There is no date for it yet.

No Skullgirls…? :/

Am I wrong in thinking that I bought the GTA IV DLCs over a year ago (if not two)…?

They’re only on the store now? :/

Nice update! Wondering how many tracks are on the Journey soundtrack?

uncleniccius 11 April, 2012 @ 13:37

Any information on the Ghost Recon Beta for PS+ Europe? Thanks :)

La_Mangouste 11 April, 2012 @ 13:37

If I purchase Pure Chess on Vita, will I be able to play it also on PS3 (like for Motorstorm RC) ?

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 14:46
10.1

PS3 only.

No skullgirls?

Apologies. RE: my last post – I guess I was using the disc, and they weren’t standalone.

Please forgive me, fine sir.

wheres skullgirls

Nice update. Anyway has a date for Skullgirls, retro city rampage & nexuiz been set ?.

I know konami has said EU date for skullgirls is soon.

RCR has a may release but no idea when.

Nexuiz is out on 360, PC in may & nothing on PSN version other than being confirmed.

Thanks :D

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 14:47
14.1

These are all going to be confirmed by Konami.

Hey there, any idea on when Skull Girls will be on the store?

Hello Jawad! Only 3 questions this week.

Part 1:

1. Language Support
The Czech Store is in English only. It’s not a surprise. But every time I access it, I have to go through a message that specifically says that it is “MOMENTARILY only available in English”. Well, maybe not “momentarily” but definitely in the sense of “at present”. It suggest that some time in the future it will be availalbe in the Czech language. But will it? I know the Czech PSN market is very small and that localisation of the Store would probably not be profitable but if there is no chance of it happening, at least remove the word “momentarily” from the welcoming message. I’d bet the same is true for other Stores from countries with less promiment languages.

2. Misnaming

Show full comment

Hello Jawad! Only 3 questions this week.

Part 1:

1. Language Support

2. Misnaming
The Journey dynamic theme finally came last week but why is there a “2” at the end? It looks no different from the one the US got. Is there a No.1 or is it just a misnaming? Speaking of which, “Arc the Lad 1” has quite a huge space between its title and the “(Full Game)” apendix. I’d bet there are other instances of errors in titles elsewhere.

SW:TFU 2 is only £9? i thought publishers didnt know how to sensibly price stuff, too bad i got it for 97p back in january at currys.
also when will we get tomba :D

Argh, the PSOne and PS2 Classic releases seem to be dying down, this isn’t good! Any there any good ones in the pipeline? (Naively) awaiting a possible release of SSX Tricky

Where is pinball classics for ps3 and vita dont tell me we have to wait again!

PS+ users were supposed to have a discount on GTAIV Episodes…

I was ready to buy them for 12 bucks as in USA.

For 20, I’ll pass.

I’m disapointed.

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 15:11
20.1

D’oh! Will update the post.

40% Discount for Plus members for 1 week.

Hey Jawad! :)

Do you know when the DLC packs for Worms Ultimate Mayhem are coming out? It’s been a while since the game was released and I haven’t heard anything about them yet (plus, they have their own trophies already):P.

Keep it up!

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 15:12
21.1

I haven’t anything about them yet either. I’ll try and find out something.

Bah! Releasing that Ezio outfit after I already finished and sold off FFXII-2! Poor show Squenix, no wonger for you. :P

Might take a gander at that Pure Chess mind.

Oh, and do you know when we’ll get Skullgirls? I don’t actually want it, I just want to feel included. :)

Part 2:

3. NeoGeo
Any insight as to why PS3 versions of NeoGeo Station titles cost more than the PSP versions? The games are the same, are they not? It’s like this everywhere I’ve looked (CZ, UK, USA, JP).

Also, it is a huge, HUGE shame that the US is getting SMT: Persona 3 FES this week and we aren’t. The US Store may not have as many PS2 games as the Stores in Europe but their quality:quantity ratio is much better.

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 15:01
23.1

1. I imagine this will happen but I have no idea when.
2. Usually it’s because there is another version. In this case one was incentive based. We’re looking to change the name to avoid mixups.
3. They are different products, to put it simply.

Some Megaten games are planned for us but there isn’t a date to announce. The differences are always going to be related to legal or license. Those are the common two, at least.

I did think we had a few vita releases today and skull girls any info on the vita titles I thought we would have pure chess dr who to name a few…what’s up with the vita release lists will we get disgaea and supremacy mma on the store???

Surely Zack Zero’s original price wasn’t £19.95. That’s higher than it launched at! :)

Hi Jawad, could you please say if there are any plans to release Timesplitters 1, 2 and Future Perfect on the store under PS2 classics?

Good update though, will get the Warriors Orochi DLC and maybe the Journey Soundtrack, oh and Silent Hill too

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 15:23
26.1

I haven’t heard of anything for these. Would be nice to see them though.

laticspieman 11 April, 2012 @ 13:42

Howabout putting star wars battlefront 1 and 2 in the ps2 classics section off the store?

Also do you have a release date for dr who the eternity clock? (please have a plus dicount)

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 15:22
27.1

No date has been announced.

Hi, any idea if we’re getting Persona 3:FES (PS2 Classic) any time soon?

I think the US just got it.

LOL

Infamous: Festival Of Blood Trailer
Availability: Not available in DE

i feel so sad for german people if they cant even download gametrailers.

Hmm it seems that Sniper Elite V2 Demo is a “PEGI 3”.

Still no news on the EU regions getting the extra Plus games we were promised last month? Not even an update?

All in all, a pretty poor update this week. Absolutely nothing of interest for me. Gutted. Roll on next week I guess.

Very good pricing on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. More games at this price range. BOO YA

Just the Journey soundtrack (18 tracks) for me this week.

@ 4 & @ 18 The Pinball Arcade only comes to Europe in a month.

Sniper Elite V2!!!

Sorry but until I see some trophies on the U3 DLC I’ll be passing…

hi whoever works for sony please pretty please put tekken 3 and tekken 4 on the eu psn store pleaseeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!! would love to have those two games on it :)

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 15:24
36.1

No Tekken 3 has the lil’ guy Gon is a licensed character.

GevallenEngel 11 April, 2012 @ 13:45

Hi
Just dropping by to make a few suggestions.
Would it be possible to put Parasite Eve 1 on the store, it would make me very happy :)
Also, since I missed out on it in the past, perhaps the Wild Arms series entirely?

It would be awesome if you pitched in these idea’s, I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one wanting this :)

Thanks for the update!

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 15:24
37.1

I’m pitching in a few (yes, Spyro and all those, too!) but it isn’t the quickest of tasks.

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 13:45

Wutage and all asking about gta4 DLC

gta4 DLC – uses all songs from gta4 and adds some from the DLC – 300 tunes no new stations

gta episodes from liberty city (STANDALONE) all new songs new stations 150 songs

it is diffrent from the dlc and dont need gta4 to play it i had it before im gonna buy it again because the songs in gta episodes (NOT THE DLC) are cool especialy vice city radio

How many tracks are in the Journey OST?

colmshan1990 11 April, 2012 @ 13:46

There’s some ‘Star’ prices there.
Stardrone for €3.99 is great and would win the price ‘Wars’ if it were not for The Force Unleashed 2 ‘Forcing’ it with a €10.99 tag!

WANT SKULLGIRLS

Still no sign of the Ridge Racer Vita dlc that we should have had 2 weeks ago … what is going on here?

Hey I was just wondering where the demo for Batman Arkham Asylum is. I was going to recommend it to a friend of mine but it’s nowhere to be found on the store anymore. The strange thing is I could still download it via my downloads list, so it’s still on your servers, just not available on the store. Why?

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:11
43.1

Publishers are free to pull content for reasons they may or may not disclose.

Demos are generally limited in general.

No Persona 3 as a PS2 classic? …Yet again, I am disapointed.

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 13:47

jawad plz ad the darkness 1&2 to the store and MGS COLLECTION

and guess what everyone coming soon is a new worms game called worms revolution google it looks great :D

What happened to the GTA plus discount? sure that was mentioned. also any word on I am alive being fixed. ironically its not alive, it just hangs the ps3 and I need to cut the power. I won’t buy a broken product and won’t buy at all if plus discount goes before its fixed

WHAAT!? where is Pinball Arcade for PS3/Vita??

Where is the rest of the Ridge Racer Vita DLC? The US Store is way ahead with an extra track, cars and songs.

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 13:49

why cant sony eu merge with the NA sony store so we can get all the games they have and they get games we have

I was going to download the Journey Music but I’ll not pay more for absolutely no reason. It’s $4.99 (about 3,80€) on the US Store. The GTA bundle is $15.99 on there. That’s about 12€, not 20€. US PS+ Members also get a discount. The Pinball Arcade game isn’t available either. What about Skullgirls?

Weren’t you guys working towards offering the same things everywhere in the west? But, according to your customer service, you were also working on an 18+ section for the German Store… that was about five and a half years ago.

With regards to the Journey sountrack, does the download consist of just a set of MP3s, or is it in some format that can only be played on the PS3? What I’m getting at is, can I move it onto other devices?

Any news on the Birds of Steel demo for the EU? The US got it a while back.

Still no Auditorium HD?

From skullgirls.com:
“Skullgirls will be released on April 10th on PSN in North America, and April 11th on XBLA worldwide.”

So what happened this time?

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:15
54.1

Just as you have quoted, there isn’t a EU PSN date yet.

Where is Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock, was advertised as releasing this week.

CookieMonsterES 11 April, 2012 @ 13:50

@BEYOND-14
I think there are 18 tracks in the Journey OST.

Jawad, is there any chance to see here the Marvel Comics Dynamic Theme the US Store published a couple of weeks ago? So far there’s only one (Iron Man), but I’d like to know if we are getting it as well.

Also, would be nice to see the Fallout New Vegas DLC discounted or offered for free for Plus members like you guys did with the Fallout 3 DLC pieces. That was awesome.

playahater94 11 April, 2012 @ 13:51

Great, I see the download sizes have disappeared again. *facepalm* Not all of us have unlimited bandwidth you know.

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:17
57.1

These won’t always be available at hand. I had issues getting these up today hence the removal in today’s post.

No Skullgirls – another delay on EU PSS. Can you finally create unified certification/QA process for EU and NA regions? This is getting more and more annoying and ridiculous with every release that goes through it. Just release the damn thing(s) – Steam can do it, XBL can do it, every other digital distribution platform can do it, but PSN can’t? I though world-wide releases should be a standard by now.
Also: No Oceans!

Wish i could try(i.e demo)of that ‘Pure Chess’ game. Anyway cool update;)

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 13:54

o ye where is sour patch kids the new game on us store we want candy lol

sharpenedpixel 11 April, 2012 @ 13:54

Is it possible to get Yakuza Dead Souls DLC for those of us that had to get it second-hand?

Also, Disgaea, Hyperdimension Neptunia/Mk2 and Okami avatars please! It’s a license to print money as loads of us want them. The Hyperdimension Neptunia avatars have a listing on Pram’s Wishlist on the American NIS website with lots of votes on it but nothing is happening. Is there any news?

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 13:54

cool name Carl-G g as in great :P

Thank for the update.

I know this is off topic but can you fix your internal clock because it’s still in GMT it should be in BST.

Thanks

Griever_Zero 11 April, 2012 @ 13:56

Damn, no Skullgirls ;(

So why doesn’t Denmark (DK not DN) get Disgaea 4 DLC or Neptunia MK 2 DLC?

Please Clarify

flashfumoLIVE 11 April, 2012 @ 13:56

A pretty lame update overall, but there’s more Neptunia DLC so that’s okay. <3

Wheels Of Destruction, where? It was advertised on the blog before release as it being part of the AU/NZ regions and now nothing.

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:22
66.1

I haven’t heard about those regions being added but perhaps they have been added with my knowing?

EternalChaos72 11 April, 2012 @ 13:56

were the hell r the avatars!! another BS update!

Artemisthemp 11 April, 2012 @ 13:56

Again is Scandinavian and Polen Exclusive from NISA DLC.

@Jawad

I posted this last week, but I’ll try my luck this week as well:
“Say do you know if there’s a possiblity that we can get the the Killzone 3 avatars from the us store? the one from the EU stores r a joke. Thx in advance for answering.

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:23
69.1

No plans for that.

Hi Jawad!

Just a quick Question, are you going to put anymore PSP titles on the store for us Vita owners?
I would really love to have FF7: Crisis Core and Phantasy Star Portable on my vita. Thanks.

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:24
70.1

Just like the PSOne/PS2 classics it’ll be a slow process. CC is a disc only title for the foreseeable future though.

Skullgirlz must be delayed again cause of all the languages in europe.

Oh wait .. xbox approved EU versions already .. so why is sony EU behind ?

Its like Trine 2 all over again.

supersmith2500 11 April, 2012 @ 13:59

Nothing but loads of DLC. No avatars, no PS1 games, no PS2 games, no nothing. Look at US store. They have better content over there. This is seriously starting getting beyond a joke.

And the PS2 classics range is already ruined with thanks to Midas and other budget software companies. :(

I mean why is every company is treating US costumers like Pro and don’t care for EU customers. I know it’s not your fault Jawad but can people at SCEE get their heads together and release better games for a change.

Already asked last week but since didn’t get an answer will try again in the hopes of getting one this time.

When RE4 HD was announced in Europe,Sony promised free avatars for those of us who bought the game.For months Sony said was Capcom fault for the delay and lack of the avatars in the store.Well,4 weeks ago those avatars finally appeared in the store and aren´t free.Are we ever going to get them or even those who bought the game,have to pay for them?

Any news on mortal kombat dlc sale? I’m patiently waiting :)

No Skullgirls.
No Persona 3 FES.
No Pinball Arcade.

As always, great job SCEE.

guitardevil6 11 April, 2012 @ 14:03

Just Silent Hill and Access episode for me!

Hope to see the Silent Hill PSP games up on the vita store soon! Please :D

extermin8or_ 11 April, 2012 @ 14:04

Soo any news on the Dr who game: the eternity clock and when that’s due to drop i believe y the end of April now :/ only another week or two and yet we haven’t heard anything yet :o so when will we get a date at the very least? :) great update otherwise

Hey Jawad, few questions:

1) Any idea if Tombi is going through the process for being put on PSN? Heard Monkeypaw had the rights to those games now, and inevitable they’ll put them up here like on Arc the Lad.

2) Do you have any idea if there will be God of War avatars? I’d love them!

3) Have you heard anything about a possible discount for the MGS Collection on Vita if you have it on PS3? I’d love for there to be some sort of incentive to have two copies of those classics which are easy on the wallet.

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:25
78.1

1. Will find out about this.
2. Will ask about this.
3. Not heard about this. Most likely something Konami would decide.

Yay. Some Vita love.
I have no idea about any of these games but I am instabuying them the moment they go live.

I have a question that I am not sure anyone will give me an answer for.
When will arctic storm go back onto the psn store?
This was one of the best racing games available for the psp go. I feel like I paid for someting that has now been taken away from me with zero compensation just because one dubious individual found an exploit within the game now everyone else gets punished!!

Are they going to fix the issue and then put the game back up please?
I have zero interest in whatever the game allowed the hacker to do but I would like to be able to download a game I paid for on my PSP go less than six months ago and play it on my vita or at least be given a refund / compensation.

It doesn’t fill me with confidence in PSN and digital distribution from Sony if they are going to just flip a switch and deny customers access to games that they own.

I understand the vulnerabilit...

Show full comment

Yay. Some Vita love.

I have a question that I am not sure anyone will give me an answer for.
When will arctic storm go back onto the psn store?

Are they going to fix the issue and then put the game back up please?

I understand the vulnerability is an issue and would want it sorted out to protect our investments in the vita but it would be nice if there was at least some statement that the game is going to return :(

@ hans832009

Where was the Eternity Clock advertised as being released today?

If you go on the Eternity Clock twitter page all they ever say is “we’ll be announcing the release date soon.”

AaronSOLDIER 11 April, 2012 @ 14:07

LucasArts FTW! Look at that price compared to other games on the store

Still no PS1/2 Classics I guess we’ve seen the last of them. Only thing I’ve bought off the store this year is the Sly Trilogy, pretty poor.

Nothing much for me today just going to get the free add on for resident evil operation racoon city.

No Persona 3: FES and Skullgirls? The European PS Store disappoints yet again.

Will Europe being getting the ps2 classic Persona 3 FES like the US?

I find it very odd that when people ask for things on this blog – the US gets them while we don’t – some examples sale on Disagea 3 and other NIS items, White Knight Chronicles dlc, certain ps2 classics -in particular RPGS
you know real classics that are hard to come by and listed for outrageous amounts on ebay instead of ones you can find for a quid in a cash converters or cash generators

psychobudgie 11 April, 2012 @ 14:09

Skullgirls? GTA Price? Plus Discount for GTA?
Not being funny here but the GTA Price is way higher than the US with or without the discount.

supersmith2500 11 April, 2012 @ 14:11

Btw, Sonic 4 Episode II is out next May. PSN first on May 15th meaning it should be out on 16th for Europe since every Wednesday is update day. If I don’t see it released on that date then I’m done for.

Hi Jawad,

Can you confirm that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is not available in Ireland? Seems odd that the publisher would choose to exclude us.

Thanks,

Lee

Jawad Ashraf 11 April, 2012 @ 17:27
87.1

Other regions do get added over time for certain games so it may just be a case of waiting patiently.

I really don’t understand the need for secrecy regarding the store releases. Especially when you have Sony exclusives which you really should be promoting and shouting from the roof-tops. What _IS_ happening with the Doctor Who game? It’s a popular brand, it’s not going to be on XBLA and… we know nothing about the release date.

How can Assassin’s Creed III or Resident Evil 6 have a release date set already? How can their QA be less complicated or involved than a downloadable title? How come things appear seemingly “ad hoc” on the store, yet physical releases rarely fail to meet release dates set months before?

Is Pure Chess buy one version get both?

For people asking for Pinball arcade it’s releasing in MAY.

I’ll just add that physical releases have release dates that occasionally slip. Big deal. It’s something we all have come to expect and while sometimes disappointing we have learned to live with it.

Why can’t digital downloads have release dates set weeks in advance, and if they slip… well, they just happen to slip and we’ll have to live with it.

It’s the fact that every Wednesday update is more or less a blind lottery with most people here find frustrating.

Yup very disappointed. US get a really nice pinball game that’s vita compatible. We get ….. Stardrivel. -1

Ridge Racer Vita DLC? :(

Might check Stardrone Extreme out anyway…

i buy a lot of games either on disc or via the store but its becoming a laughing stock. you have customers every week throwing money at you and you can’t deliver. i dont care what hack excuses you have because clearly there isnt issues releasing stuff on steam and xbox live in the very same regions.

for a company that wants to make money you sure as hell DONT WANT OURS.

Sony anounced record lost of miljard yen (4,9 miljard euro).

There is the reason why our prices are more expensive then the US ones. Still that is not how you get money from your customers, thats alianating your customers. I hope you guys are not with the +10000 employers that will be sacked but please get your act togheter and make the brand better.

nemesisND1derboy 11 April, 2012 @ 14:24

Hi Jawad,

I recently got a PSP Go, and went to download the theme from the Store so I could claim my ten free games, only to find its not there anymore.

Any chance you could help?

Ok, now I’m REALLY disappointed! First there’s Disgaea 4 DLC but not for me because I live in the “wrong” country even though I’ve bought all previous released packs. Then there’s no Persona 4 FES. Really poor week! I’m so tired of these region-bull****. If this continues I’m NOT buying Orbis.

colmshan1990 11 April, 2012 @ 14:28

Is it true Pure Chess is a similar deal to Motorstorm RC? A buy one PS3 copy, get the Vita version free, or vice versa? And that it’s coming to PS Vita today?

As usual, the variation in content and the huge discrepancy in price between the currencies is a disgrace. Supposedly a global company, shame on you Sony!

What time will this roll out, because the ME3 DLC hasn’t appeared on the Irish store yet.

I’ve just bought a psn voucher whilst on my lunch so I can download skullgirls when I get home from work. What a waste of time :-(
Any idea when we’ll be getting it? If not I’m gonna take my psn voucher back and trade it for ms points

Classics request!

PS1: Chocobo Racing
PS2: Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle, DBZ: budokai tenkaichi 3. Timesplitters trilogy?

@ AaronSOLDIER:

I hope it doesn’t end like this. There are still a LOT of Classics missing on the European store. Including Spyro, which, as I previously said, is the biggest offender given its nature as, you know, the former unofficial Sony mascot alongside Crash Bandicoot (who, thankfully, managed to avoid Spyro’s fate).

There actually are two “store updates” in “my” week, the PS Store one on Wednesdays and the… other one on Thursdays. The saddest thing is that the latter is the one I know I can wait for with more optimism, which is made even more depressing by the fact I was expecting way more from the PS Store when I first bought my PSP back in 2008.

If “that’s it for the PS1 Classics” for real, then I guess I’ll get my “pocket Spyro” through other means. And, as sad-to-say as it is, I’m not talking about the Game Boy Advance.

RedeyedRonin 11 April, 2012 @ 14:35

PURE CHESS!
cant wait to play that awesomeness 20% discount and free dlc this week im totally happy

Instead of telling us if we can get Spyro, can you tell us with certainty that we won’t get Spyro so that I don’t have to waste my time asking each week to keep up the demand?

Kinda fed up of asking now. . .

Can you ask Ross what happened to Silent Hill PS+ game?

gah when will I ever learn? read first, post later! >_<

@playahater94

Seconded on that! Why have the Download sizes disappeared? I need to know how big GTA4 Episodes are in total GB Wise as my PS3’s nearly full on Space :/, Great price on Star Wars might pick that up but need to know Download Sizes disappointed that these have disappeared all because of a silly Format Issue with the Playstation App on the iOS Device not being displayed for iOS Users! Come on guys PC Users use this site more than iOS Users use that App to check the PS Updates!

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:39
107.1

Apologies for this but there were issues obtaining them. Hopefully I’ll get the column back next week.

Pretty new to the blog.
Update looks pretty good this week; how long after the “heads up” does the store go live usually?

So we get all that crap and not Skullgirls? Congrats.

I repeat my old questions:

1. Any news on why Poland and Scandinavian countries do not get NIS content anymore?

2. Why EU has to pay twice for Blazblue Extend DLC (if someone want it on VITA and PS3), US gets both versions while paying only once.

Other than that, I’ll be picking Gilgamesh for 13-2 for sure.

Regards

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:40
110.1

1. Finding out.

2. That’s down to the publisher, not us.

BluSpykz usually around 17:00 CET but dont be suprised if at 19:00 nothing has happened yet

it wont be the first time

Where the hell is Skullgirls? Iv’e been so excited for it and im playing the US demo right now in anticipation, Im getting so fed up with the Ass EU store i think i’ll be just getting $ now.

windowsmsnlipi 11 April, 2012 @ 14:49

hmm i wish i was american

supersmith2500 11 April, 2012 @ 14:51

@ #110
I agree what you say there. SCEE always fails now, we always get games/avatars MONTHS later than US or hardly get any, Most PS1 and PS2 Classics suck with thanks to Midas, weak Plus discounts, never catch up with US, too much DLC on store and that’s about it. Things starting to get worse and ugly.

Will the UK ever see the Maulkiller skin for the force unleashed 2?

Or the Dr Doom DLC for super hero squad for that matter, the trophies are there, just no dlc to get them.

Coody-Baroody 11 April, 2012 @ 14:56

What is wrong with some of you people? Just what OTHER free PS+ games from the other month are you moaning about not getting?
The free content on PS+ has been awesome for the last couple months; Trine 2, Far Cry 2, Shift 2 (all 3 Platinum carrying games) and Shank 2.

Thats not including all the minis, avatars and PS One Classics for all those that like them (dont interset me)

We have more than got our moneys worth with PS+ recently so what other free games are you going on about?

Just EU getting screwed over again.. This time, with no Skullgirls, and no idea as to when we will see it.

I too want Persona 3: FES :(

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 15:04

stop moaning you lot it makes me look good LOL (NOT)

Good work SCEE. Instead of trying to mange the problem and try to say something in your protection you just delete all the critic. Yeah! Running from the problem like a little kid is much better thenn try to make your (already bad) reputation better!

James Gallagher 11 April, 2012 @ 15:11
120.1

We welcome your feedback but profanity and personal insults aimed at members of staff will be moderated.

windowsmsnlipi 11 April, 2012 @ 15:06

@118 yeh i dont get it .. i would agree with them deleting your post if it wasnt true what you said but.. it is the truth so im confused ..

Hello Jawed

I recently downloaded the Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown Trail and enjoyed it then when I looked on the store for the full game I could not find it.Could you look into this for me as I would like to purchase the game?

Thanks

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:41
122.1

I’ll find out about this.

Star Wars 2 is set at a decent price might pick that up

But iam So Close To Putting My Vita On Ebay, I Thought Things Might Change This Time Around Guess Not… which is a shame.

Like people have already said Where is The Ridge Racer DLC That The Usa Got Weeks Ago, it is Shocking The Way We get treated over here,

Also Looking at Play I can Look Forward to Mortal Kombat Or Disegea for Vita Game Release for april cant wait ^_^

lol why do developers even put their stuff on PSN if it’s just going to get screwed over? Skullgirls won’t sell as much because of this blunder. It’s up on XBLA but not here lol. MS must have magic power or competence. Oh well I hate XBLA because of gold but it’s better than waiting a few weeks for skullgirls on EU PSN. I’ll be playing Witcher 2 then. OH and bring persona 3 FES out.

Am I blind or is the Sniper Elite V2 demo not on the store?

Hi, Isn’t STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED II available in Greece? Why not?
Also, when is CLOSURE released?

bonjour
je voudrait savoir quand la maj du store en france sera faite?

Jawed!

Is there some new PSP games that from today are backwards compatible with the PSVita?

Or is the one we got now all there is to it?

Still no Digital Devil Saga 1/2 or Chrono Cross :( Another let down.

Still no resident evil operation raccoon city spec ops mission 1 dlc here in sweden..Comon release it for us already!! :/

Anxiously awaiting the update… wanna play the NEW Uncharted 3 maps!

Magic the gathering expansion packs, what has happen to them? From what I heard there were 3 which had been released. We only had 1 in Europe so far.

Wow ! thanks a lot Jawad for the update ;-)

I’ll buy the episode for 12€…

Hmmm…. wait a second : what if I said “for 8 bucks I would have bought them” ? 60% discount ?

just kidding :-p

when are we going to get the full trials of the god of war games and infamous 2 for eu plus subscribers?

you always say ask the publisher, so here we are.

where are they?

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:44
134.1

Full trials? Isn’t that contradictory?

Trials will and can be removed at any time. After all, that’s what they are. They are more often than not limited in release so eventually get removed be it our own products or other publishers.

Does pure chess have cross platform play?

x-_vodka_paul_-x 11 April, 2012 @ 15:44

is the store updated yet

Something tells me Skullgirls is gonna be Trine 2 all over again.
Skullgirls it out on XBLA in the EU. it even has a friggin demo something most PSN releases lack.

To quote Marcus: STEP YOUR GAME UP SONY!

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 15:44

gta episodes from NYC 8.99 if ur a plus member jawad ur a genious ^^ il deffo renew my ps plus friday then other 1 october

windsorblue01 11 April, 2012 @ 15:45

would love to know why all the competition winners on the official playstion site are from france

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 15:45

vodka try it 4pm

Nothing for me this update.

Any news on the free dlc I should have got for Renegade OPS as part of te PLAY promo?
It’s been months now and I feel like SCEE just hope we forget about it!
How hard can it be? Last I heard we were meant to be getting an email about it, nothing has arrived!
It doe not encourage me to take part in any future preorder offers.

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:46
141.1

It is coming, but you had to have either pre-ordered or purchased within a specific time frame.

Hi Jawad, thanks for the feedback. Any idea when the Ridge Racer DLC will be posted? And when the Silver pass will become available? Thanks in advance!

x-_vodka_paul_-x 11 April, 2012 @ 15:47

cheers gamer

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 15:47

marky gta episodes from liberty city will be about 4gb both dlc are 2GB roughly so episodes might be 4 or 6gb dnt frget episodes standalone has new tunes & stations

CoolRichy008UK 11 April, 2012 @ 15:48

its ok vodka dude ^^ try 4pm if not try every 30 mins lol

Weren’t a lot of the PSone games everyone wants already coded in PAL when they first released on discs in the EU more than a decade ago?

Shouldn’t it just be a case of asking the developers for the PAL version of games. Or am I missing something.

P.S Good or bad news on Syphon Filter 2? I can take it.

Connor_mufc_1985 11 April, 2012 @ 15:55

I remember the good old days when the store updated at 3pm sharpish without fail :(

Update. Make it happen.

They should do these updates around lunchtime really…

Hi Jawad. I’ve just seen your replies regarding Skullgirls and the Pinball game (and for what its worth Doctor Who is more or less the same) which are basically “Release Unknown”.

I really can’t understand this. How hard can it be to get a release date for Skullgirls, Pinball or whatever, when a game like Assassins Creed III which has been in development for two or more years, will have had thousands of people working on it… has a fixed release date? I can pre-order AC3 now and pretty much be guaranteed to get it on or before the date stated. Can’t you just pencil in a release date for your Store releases? If any slips, as long as we’re informed beforehand and not at the last minute I’m sure most people wouldn’t mind.

Digital software will never take off when people have no information or certainty regarding release dates.

Any sign of the Skype app for Vita?

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:09
151.1

Looking at the tail end of the month at the moment.

I have money to spend and i don’t have all day to do it ;)

good update, but wheres the Rock Band 3 DLC? we missed last weeks Evanescence track pack and this weeks also. Whars going on?

@ No 29 Basket21:
Germany’s censorship borders on obstructing the human right of access to content. Sadly one cannot keep censoring out the past, nor treat it like it’s not there. Maintaining this state of denial is more damaging to a society in the long term that obfuscating it away(case in point, Mars orbital imagery that is heavily & illegally censored). Face up to your past, stop letting a certain group put the guilts on you collectively as a people, and move on. The open accepting of the truth will set you free.

Show full comment

@ No 29 Basket21:

I heard that Journey is coming to lbp2 soon Jawad. Can you possibly tell us when please? That game is, for all of it’s brevity, a def puller-in for wanting to replay it again & again, and to help others thru their Journeys and show them where to find glyphs. I will be buying the Soundtrack. The credits track is particularly beautiful. Funnily enough Journey has changed meaning etymologically since it has been part of our language. One earlier particularly apt middle-english meaning of “jurnee” glosses as “rite of passage”. Nice :) …

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:11
154.1

Can’t say I know a thing about LBP2/Journey, sorry!

chrisandsheva 11 April, 2012 @ 16:04

Another sweet update (for me), in that it’s becoming more clearer and annoying now to a lot more people about the EU being a 2nd class region regards to ‘others’… But it’s the reasons why that have had me upset over this, for like ages… it’s because we (the EU/Europe) Are Allready sce number1 spenders, providing them the most income/profit outa any other region.. So we are allready ‘loyal’ and They Know it.. But instead of rewarding us there using us in their corporate strategy to ‘win’ more ground (from m$) in the US… i mean how many times now has european xbla exclusives for m$ been released On Time for US.. yep backroom/business policy, But At Our Expense.. well nothing new i guess. At least those ‘clever’ scee support posters are becoming rarer though… btw. i still buy sony 1st… but it’s a shame.

Hey,
First time comment, long time fan.

keep meaning to buy the Force Unleashed 2 and keep forgetting, noiw you do it for an awesome price.
I tip my hat at you sir, thank you very much.

Mr. Jawad

I as well as lot of other people for example #64 , #68 and #110 would like to know –

Why NIS DLC are not available to Scandinavian / Poland ?

Considering NIS DLC – used to be available for all in Disgae 3 atleast if my memory serves me right.

Thus why do you not want our money as we want to offer our money to you for NIS DLC ?

Br
Ren

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:14
157.1

I’m chasing a resopnse. It’s most likely a publisher a decision that have no bearing on but if I get a proper response to share then I’ll feed it back to y’all.

Just updaaaaaaaaate

Hi Jawad,

Nice to see that whoever is setting the prices for these PS Vita games is still keeping them nice and low.
I hope that still applies when Zen Pinball 2 is released!
Speaking of which, any idea on a release date?

Thanks :)

Any news on episode one of the walking dead game yet? Next week?

Oh look, a new game for my Vita… Oh, it’s not coming out in Australia…. :(

@ Hustle_X:

Spyro isn’t just the Classic I’m most eagerly – and gradually less patiently – waiting for. It’s also the best (or should we say “worst”?) example of the abyss between our PS Store and those of the other two, usually more Sony-cuddled regions. That’s why I said “biggest offender”, because Spyro’s past role as one of the flagship series in the PS1 lineup is why it now shouldn’t even be supposed to be among the missing games.

However, the Disney licensed ones have basically been re-published without any one of them missing. I wonder why some games don’t seem to have any of the problems others shouldn’t have, but instead do.

SuperGotenks 11 April, 2012 @ 16:32

Is there any chance that SSX will be going to be available as a downloadable game ????

“IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN HOLLAND AND WANTS THE DLC FOR ATELIER TOTORI & DISGAEA 4” All of the released DLC is availible since last week if you search for Disgaea in the search menu you will find every piece of DLC for Disgaea 4 including Adell, Rozalin etc. Same counts for Atelier Totori, i needed to type in different things like Atelier, Totori or both in order to get everything there is, BGM packs, party members etc..
It’s all there you need to use the search function in order to get it, i don’t know if they put it all together in this update cuz i can’t get to my PS3 right now. Hope this helped in any way.

Hey Jawad

please can you answer my question ,About a year ago i downloaded the ballad of gay tony will this work standalone or is this just dlc

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:20
165.1

This new version is standalone. The old DLC will require the disc. They will be labelled on the store as a DLC or Standalone to identify between the two.

chrisandsheva 11 April, 2012 @ 16:41

@ neutronbomb
Whats this, a Walking Dead game due out.. didn’t know about that… you sure it’s not a android vers of the app ?… Hope your right as it’ll be great (i hope) playing a game about that awsome tv show.. Just roll on autumn for season3… don’t know how to ‘use’ my laptop to see it any quicker, so have to wait till then for FX to put it back on.

@Jawad Only skullgirls is Konami.

Retro city is self published by VBlank Entertainment Inc & Nexuiz is THQ.

Thanks for the reply anyway. I’ll try to bug the developers on facebook/twitter for more info haha.

sony u really taking the [DELETED] out of uk ps plus we get 1 game this week silent hill its a gd game but the americans got a better update to there store hurry up nd get our store up-to-date like theres

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:22
168.1

There are more updates along the way. Plus updates for us don’t all happen in one go. There’ll be more stuff on the way.

chrisandsheva 11 April, 2012 @ 16:47

Post 165.. doubt Jawad will answer that (lead to ‘awkward’ questions etc), but i wouldn’t think theres a snowballs chance # that it will work without the gta4 disc… the devs don’t ‘usually’ allow things to be so easy… hope i am wrong, but very much doubt it.

KING_OF_POWER11 11 April, 2012 @ 16:55

Is there any chance to have ps2 game tokoy extreme reace zero & shadow heart & kingdom heart & final fantasy 10 & 12

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:30
170.1

FFX already has an announced HD remake of a sort. Generally speaking, if it’s not in Japan then it’s unlikely we will see it.

Shadow Hearts I will ask about but chances are there aren’t any current plans given the first two games were originally published by Midway.

Paralellogram 11 April, 2012 @ 16:59

lol what a pathetic update, and you wonder why sales have deteriorated. Give us what we want still dont have the PS1 classics we want, dont care what issues are involved you have the power to pressure the developer and give your loyal fanbase what they want, however sony employees bunch of lazy nerds who only care about $$$ not the community

Okay, the demo of Sniper Elite V2 has a PEGI-rating of 3? :P

Sniper Elite V2 Demo
PEGI: 3

Could you clarify on the 20 quid euro 2012 cards, I’ve ordered two as they are advertised as pan credit. now it looks like they could be just the game update. are you aware of this?

Wow. Updates like these are a constant reminder of why I spend 2-3 times the amount of money (and get more value) on my US account than my native EU account.

Well done SCEE. Well done.

Why is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II not out for Ireland.

spacedelete1 11 April, 2012 @ 17:16

This is exactly why Sony you are running into financial problems.

instead of releasing some great classic retro games from the PS1 and PS2 you just want to shove some shovelware and DLC down our throat.

you have a massive retro games library to choose from yet you ignore them for some stupid DLC costume for a game no one cares about.

i seriously can’t wait Sony for the day you announce your leaving from the games industry because right now your a joke.

dont know why you lot moan wheres skullgirls wheres skullgirls have you not realised that the europe store is rubbish im english but when it comes to the psn store im american and guess what im playing SKULLGIRLS hahaha…..that is all

Hi they have just announced legend of dragoon ps1 classic on the us blog will Europe be getting it as well it is due on may 1st over there

Shadowdragoon 11 April, 2012 @ 17:26

Sigh, why no Disgaea 4 or Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 DLC for Norway (and the rest)?
scee really need to get on to threat the European continent equally..

Second, still find PSP games I have on UMD thats not on the store, Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex is one. Next week ill try to have a full list ready. ;)

Cross region gifting.. WHEN? the way non-UK countries are treated this is really needed, (and how much better US is treated than EU)

PS, Found any thumb-tacks on your chair yet? ;)

Does Pure Chess have trophies and how many if does?

@Sony Staff

More important, flag i (and u) see in this comment i want to see on my Portable ID too…

Asking for this long time, no any answer…

Jawad Ashraf 12 April, 2012 @ 10:33
180.1

I honestly don’t know how many trophies (it’s not something I’m told or look into).

spacedelete1 11 April, 2012 @ 17:46

Sony and SCEE i am getting very impatient with you.

give us some decent PS1 and PS2 classics. you don’t mind putting up some overpriced DLC up on the store but for some reason you don’t want to put any great PS2 classic which would put most PS3 games to shame like Okami, Kingdom Hearts, The Warriors.

get your act together or you will be forced out of the games industry. you seem to forget that there is Nintendo and Microsoft you are competing with.

what about The House of the Dead 4 Demo for PS Plus???

ChairyBoyArmy 11 April, 2012 @ 18:01

Hey all, please tell me you have some news about “The Warriors” please say they can come out to playyyyy

dgnfly