Posted

PlayStation Home: Totally Tropical

PlayStation Home will be offline from 8AM BST on Wednesday 23rd May for routine maintenance. Here is what to expect after the update…

Granzella bring us a new personal space that’s linked with the Southern Island Hideaway – My Private Hideaway. The definitive tropical paradise personal space has arrived and the view is amazing!

Granzella_Hideaway_1024x576

This log cabin matches the atmosphere of the tropics and there’s a great view of the landscape.
Whether it’s a quiet time or a party with friends on the balcony, this tropical mood can always be enjoyed. From the balcony you can go to My Secret Garden. In addition you will also be able to go to the My Private Hideaway dedicated fossil excavation area. This log cabin offers tons of excitement!

From the My Private Hideaway personal space you can go to the fossil excavation area.
A variety of fossils rest in the island’s rock wall. Let’s make good use of this excavation equipment and dig for fossils. Anything you dig up is yours, of course! Once the fossil is safely excavated, let the appraiser under the stairs see it.

Konami_Auras_684x384

Also this week, Konami brings you their newest line of Auras. Check out some of their unique auras like the plasma shields, rainbow glow and glow dust. Plus Konami’s take on some classics such as hellfire, lightning storm and snow storm. Unleash the power within!

DSquid_MaleAll_23_05_2012_1280x720 DSquid_FemaleAll_23_05_2012_1280x720

Delirious Squid stretches its tentacles once more with a range of bright tees and quirky accessories. Who wouldn’t want to look as if they have a bear trying to swallow their head? Boring people, that’s who! Crazy-cute pretty much sums up the theme of the ladies’ tees, hats and peep-toe shoes. The guys’ range is more rugged, but includes some familiar freaky faces. MC Squid and Squiddy Bones have draped themselves all over each item. Go backpacking in Delirious Squid world – these bags and boots are all you need!

Look forward to a new game in the Lockwood Publishing Showcase next week as part of Lockwood’s epic Fantasy Update. Brinsop the Evil Dragon descended and started wreaking havoc – Brave warriors will be rewarded!

Lockwood_ComingSoon_230512_1280x720

Prepare your friends for action by sending a fantastical pet their way – Rachis the fire breathing Cockatrice and Gribbler the Dragon are available from the Lockwood Gift Machine 1 week early! Visit the Gift Machine now and get sending!

27 Comments
4 Author replies
supersmith2500 22 May, 2012 @ 17:51

A another personal space? *sigh* Really?

Hey SuperSmith!

So, personal spaces not your thing? If not, what type things are looking for in Home? It would be great to hear your thoughts and suggestions. You can join me and others on the PlayStation Forum (http://community.eu.playstation.com) to discuss your ideas in more detail.

Devils_Demon 22 May, 2012 @ 18:13

People still play Home then??

Hello DD!

Yes, there is a wonderfully lively and growing community of users who regularly use Home.

Have you been to Home lately? It has been updated quite a bit over the years so there may be things you are interested in available now. Home is a social hub for game enthusiasts to meet-up and discuss games or play a wide variety of games together in a fun and dynamic way.

Devils_Demon 22 May, 2012 @ 18:14

People still play this then??

Nistelroy78 22 May, 2012 @ 18:14

i would rather that they are updating clubs in home, especialay the Clubs TV screen in Japan HOME people can watch videos from YouTube on it . but no only in Japan .. why not in Europe its sucks that its gadget there cant be used.

The very first reply 1#/supersmith2500.

Not the fan of Creativity of a Personal Space like Granzella’s?

residentSteve 22 May, 2012 @ 18:30

@2&3 I know what you mean home and near to me are a complete waste of time why do Sony bother with the both them is a mystery to me and with Sony losing so much money at the moment it’s about time they got rid of it.

i hardly use home now gets so boring pointless! Wast of money. Or tho its gd for events like e3 and gamescom

the cash cow has really done well getting cash of all the ppl buying stuff every-week.

i’m sure the higher ups are rubbing the greedy money grabbing hands.

in short it wont end.

still partially between the 3 home regions still sucks. :|

CoolRichy008UK 22 May, 2012 @ 19:23

6&7 PS HOME IS NOT A WASTE OF MONEY AND THEY WILL NOT BE TURNING IT OFF ANYTIME SOON SO SHUT UP if they did people would looze anything they bought on ps3 home and then people would have ago at sony

sony makes money from ps home to make more content for home that makes money that makes more content for home and so what if al2009man is on ps home NA n so what if they got a bigger better ps home its because they pay taxes that makes more money then the EU home thats why ps home NA is bigger the eu has got loads of good ps home content no onder you 2 dont like ps home because you 2 get bored of it and never give it a chance

there are more people that love ps3 home then all who thinks its a waste of money when sony know’s it isnt sony put laods of time and effort into ps3 home and its here to stay anyone else who dont like ps3 home Keep your comments to urself and stop trying to ruin home for us rich people who can buy things on ps home

isn’t codeglue launching a line of clothes from the u love green collection, made by a home user? Im mystifed as to why such a unique itemisnt highlighted in the blog

Heya JK! You are so right, Codeglue will be launching a new women’s clothing line called “U Love Green” that has been designed by an actual Home user! These items will be published next week at which time we will definitely be giving these items their well deserved fanfare. Stay tuned for more details :-)

@CoolRichy008UK

dude ITS THERE OPINION!

I Love PS HOME and cant wait for E3 IN HOME!

blue77ranger 22 May, 2012 @ 21:55

Ok

blue77ranger 22 May, 2012 @ 21:55

Ok

My home has stopped working, nothing happens.

@Zoba: Can’t wait for E3, But.. Can you make more spaces more often where they are global? I friends on US & basically we can’t hang out in public spaces. I think it would transform home & public spaces will be bust more often. Like for example when im on very late no one speaks english or its dead. That where global spaces come in handy. Oh and nice update this week :) Big fan of the squid clothing like allways.

bust* Busy :X

residentSteve 23 May, 2012 @ 09:06

Yawn

Blood-Red-RoseUK 23 May, 2012 @ 09:13

I’ve realised that a lot of Brits who post comments here are either really young and can’t spell very good or are just lazy typers. In any case, it’s rather embarrassing, Britain is an English speaking country and yet there are even people from non-english speaking countries here that type better English than those from Britain!

SirJake_Brookes 23 May, 2012 @ 09:45

First off if you don’t like PSH then don’t write a comment on here. 2. CoolRichy everyone has they freedom of speech so chil a bit. 3. British people are older on PSH & can spell & speak Queen’s English & non-English speaking countries learn our language because they countries have proper English lessons. Update is perfect but seriously Sodium needs a castle as I’m a Royal in prestigious Royal House of Sodium & HRH Crown Prince of Sodium. Cheerio

I agree i often fall foul of the grammar police for putting in typo example ppl= people it called fast texting I’m a fast writer.

sometimes i have to correct my goof spelling on the next post, funniest thing is i can read other people typo posts too.

anyways my mum says a funny thing to me she said I’m a republican so we don’t need the queen. :p

just saying ;)

Carnivius_Prime 23 May, 2012 @ 12:26

Home’s usually been my main form of communication over the internet with my PS3 friends. So much so that I don’t use anything else anymore. Still enjoy the bowling.

@19 “First off if you don’t like PSH then don’t write a comment on here”

Are you joking? If ANYONE has an OPINION on Home they are perfectly entitled to voice it here. Discussion encourages improvement, after all. And anyone who thinks that blog posts should just be full of butt-lickers is being ridiculous!

Here’s my opinion on Home:

1) Too many “transition” screens. C’mon, get some streaming tech in there!
2) Character models look like they’ve been designed by a twelve year old who has just been given a 3D modelling program to mess about with. Dead eyed, unrealistic, just poor. It makes the whole thing look silly.
3) Your avatar prances/skips along in a camp way when they should be strutting like Nathan Drake. Footfall sounds would help.
4) Too many unfinished spaces. I got bored of checking back in the Resi5 space only to find it’s still not finished.

Show full comment

@19 “First off if you don’t like PSH then don’t write a comment on here”

Here’s my opinion on Home:

1) Too many “transition” screens. C’mon, get some streaming tech in there!

It has potential but at the moment it STILL needs work. The footfalls & avatar animation would have been the first thing I’d fixed… the silent running makes me feel disconnected from the world I’m pottering about in, and Home will never be appealing while it stays this way.

@ Bumblebee

I agree with you in part, yes people who have opinions should be allowed to discuss their respective points of view.
However I am presuming Jake’s comments were directed towards the people who pop on here and just say ‘people still use home?’ or just knock it for what appears to be for the sake of it.

You have offered constructive criticism which is much more than they have. By reading your post you appear to use home on occasions so have a basis for your argument, whereas they obviously have no interest in it and dare I say ‘are just trolling’

I haven’t been able to log in to Home since the last software update, it just freezes on startup, forcing me to power down the console. I’m not the only one, are Sony aware of this?

Hello KungSkabb. Yes, we are aware of the issue and currently taking steps to address it. In the meantime, it would be a great help if you could explain in more detail what you experience when you run into this issue. Any sceen shots or video would be wonderfully helpful. You can go to the PlayStation Forum http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Skandinavisk-Forum/ct-p/20 to post.

I would rather Sony spent time making amazing spaces that you can interact with (Sodium), rather than making clothes all the time.

I mean their must be atleast 1 million+ clothes by now so people arnt exactly spoiled for choice.

Blood-Red-RoseUK 23 May, 2012 @ 17:15

@19
No I have to disagree there, I mean sure..ok, there CAN be older users on PSH but the majority are younger ones. And yes SOME can speak/type proper English whereas most cannot. This was my point, and I do also believe it rather shows how those with spelling probs have a tendency to use PSH more so than that of those who don’t, just saying. btw no offence intended within this comment

SirJake_Brookes 24 May, 2012 @ 00:47

I always like constructive criticism especially with people who clearly didn’t get my comment or other people comments to & Thanks for reply backs.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history