Posted

Battlefield 3 Premium With Close Quarters Available Today Exclusively On PlayStation 3

Hi everyone!

Today, we have some Battlefield 3 news for you straight from this year’s Electronic Arts press conference at E3.

Premium banner

On stage at E3, DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach unveiled a whole year of great Battlefield 3 content. If you didn’t catch the press conference yourself, we’ve got the details for you right here!

Our biggest news is the launch of our massive content offer, Battlefield 3 Premium. If you buy Battlefield 3 Premium, you’ll also be able to download and play our latest expansion pack Close Quarters today. That’s two weeks earlier than non-Premium members on PlayStation 3, and one week earlier than Premium members on other platforms thanks to the early access that PlayStation 3 players are getting!

Here’s the Battlefield 3 Premium launch trailer hot from E3:

Battlefield 3 Premium: all five expansion packs with early access
So what does Premium get you? Well, purchasing Premium will give you all five themed expansion packs for Battlefield 3, including two weeks’ early access (except – of course – for the Back to Karkand pack that we released in December last year!). You’ll also get a number of unique in-game items, like the new ACB-90 knife, a set of Premium dog tags, weapon camos, soldier camos and more.

Premium CIAB Right The Premium Knife Premium CIAB Left Weapon and Soldier Camos

BF3_Close_Quarters_925 Dog tags

At E3 today, we also showed the complete line-up of expansion packs for Battlefield 3.

BF3_Back_to_KarkandBack to Karkand

Giving you four fan favorite maps from Battlefield 2 with enhanced destruction (Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, Gulf of Oman, and Wake Island) and 10 new weapons, this expansion pack also offers new vehicles like the US VTOL fighter jet, new Assignments, Trophies, and dog tags

BF3_Close_QuartersClose Quarters

Close Quarters brings the Battlefield indoors. The shift in environment means gameplay is fast and frantic, combining instant-action with the tactical squad play Battlefield has always been known for. Four new maps are included, and Close Quarters also adds what we’re calling “HD Destruction” – meaning you can destroy just about everything in the game by firing your normal rifle bullets at them

BF3_Armored_KillArmored Kill

Coming September 2012
In September, it’s all out vehicle warfare. Armored Kill includes four new maps (including the biggest Battlefield map ever) and a number of new vehicles including tank destroyers (a new tank class somewhere in-between Infantry Fighting Vehicles and Main Battle Tanks), mobile artillery, an ATV and an all-new gunship

BF3_AftermathBF3_End_GameAftermath and End Game

Coming late 2012 and early 2013 respectively
Stay tuned for more!

That’s it for now! Battlefield 3 Premium is available today at the PlayStation Store and the Battlefield 3 in-game store for £39.99 / €49.99.

Thanks for reading, and let us know what you think in the comments section below. I’ll also be happy to answer any questions you might have on Premium or the first three expansion packs!

28 Comments
0 Author replies
chrisredfield_97 04 June, 2012 @ 21:51

yh!!!

fjallalind25 04 June, 2012 @ 21:58

Crap, so I have to buy Premium on both PS3 and PC since I own the game on both platforms

Stonesthrow 04 June, 2012 @ 22:00

I’ll get this eventhough I already got Karkand.

price for australia?

ShadowDoGGG 04 June, 2012 @ 22:10

Ea… seriously… get a knife and sit on it. This is ridiculous

What a complete rip off!! BF used to be my favourite war game, now it’s a money grabbing hore! Such a demise. Such a shame. I will be spending my hard earned money on an original game thanks.

Anybody know how much the DLC packs cost on their own as I’ll get this if I save money. But as I already have the first one that would mean the packs have to cost more than £10 for this to be worth it and I don;t think they cost that much do they?

BF its one of my favorite games… but this is more expensive than the game it self. EA… this is a shameful move.

Stonesthrow 04 June, 2012 @ 22:24

It’s pricey but it’s a lot of content. Should blow plenty of new life into the game.

@7 I’ve been wondering the same thing but I bought it anyway just now.. Want to start playing Close Quarters right now :p I’d be surprised if it ended up being cheaper by getting them seperately.

Any price drop for plus members.

I’ve always championed Battlefield, but not anymore! Still after all this time the glitches, bugs & hackers are still apparant. EA/DICE why don’t you fix the game first eh?

Think i’m going to give up on this now, as the support has been terrible & they’ve turned out even worse than Activision & CASHCOM…..and that’s saying something!

Highly disappointed. Excellent game but too many things wrong with it to dedicate any more time or invest anymore money into it. If I like the look of some of the expansion packs then I may pick some of them up but Close Quaters doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

Roll on MOH Warfighter & Black Ops 2!

silent_strike95 04 June, 2012 @ 22:53

@7 + 9
I believe the packs cost £12 each. That makes it a total of £48, excluding Karkand. So, still a slight bit cheaper.

On top of this, it offers some extra stuff like some assignments, Double exp weekends, and competitions. If you plan on getting all the DLC anyway, Premium appears to be very worthwhile at this time. There are also some other things not yet detailed, which will be released exclusive to Premium. It’s probably just gun camo, Character camo or something as silly as a Golden Repair tool.

So really, if you plan on playing this game as late as March 2013, when the final DLC is planned, then it’s worth it.

battlefield 3 servers are down.

TehPhilosopher 05 June, 2012 @ 00:25

20 new weapons and more vehicles. So BF3 went pay-to-win? Well, it was fun while it lasted.

how much download space for each of them and what price in Australian dollars

@TehPhilosopher if by that you mean, that you can’t win if you don’t actually have new maps with new vehicles/doesn’t have game at all, then yea, sure.

People are strange. It was a given, that there will be multiple new DLCs coming and that was ok, but when they put them in a pack – that’s a moneygrabbing bs or however else you want to call it. If I was playing BF3, that would be an awesome deal I guess. Pay for ~1 game, get 9 months of new content, no more money spend through that time + access to additional events.

TehPhilosopher 05 June, 2012 @ 08:44

No, I mean whether the guns and vehicles are exclusive to Premium, or included in the DLCs for everyone. If former, then Premium is pay-to-win. If latter, it’s fine, since everyone who plays the new maps gets the same content.

The deal is very good, and I’m most likely getting it. The only “problem” is that there are so many good games coming in the same time window, so I’m not sure if I have the time to play BF3.

deadmeat3171 05 June, 2012 @ 09:32

And the ps3 gets to exclusively pay an extra £5+ for it

You expect us to pay for lag and glitches and getting kicked out and ps3 system freezing up …. I use to play bf3 all the time not no more paid extra for VIP when bought the game an now nothing for VIP well F U dice goodbye

DICE=SCAM ,,,,,,,VIP DOESNT MATTER =SCAM ,,,,,,,,,,

commando-robbo 05 June, 2012 @ 11:40

money well spent here, £40 for hundreds of hours worth of gameplay with tons of awesome content is a bargain. Played the New maps and they are total carnage!!The basic game is incredible and worth every penny, this just rekindles the fire.

wizards-sleave 09 June, 2012 @ 20:57

Rip off, just concentrate on making a new bf game completely, and sort ya servers out.

I’ll refer people to the John Riccitiello (current CEO of Electronic Arts) recorded shareholder report.

Rip-off in New Zealand and Australia, NZ$89.99/A$79.99!!!

swaggha24_7 12 June, 2012 @ 10:04

I have Back to Karkand so why am i not being given a discount, since Karkand is included in the premium offer. This is unfair and a bad marketing tactic to loyal fans who will spend hard earned money on a game. I want a discount for it and i want it now!!!

@ swaggha24_7

We won’t get a discount because EA are money grabbers just like Activision & CASHCOM! :(

I think that if you have Battlefield 3 on PS3 and PC you should get the premium for both system and if you bought Back to karkand you should get a discount for that one as well!!!!!!

battlefield 3 prmiume !

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history