Posted

LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta Dates Announced – San Diego Game Jam Recap

My fellow LittleBigPlanetians,

I’m happy to report to you all that the LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta will begin next Tuesday, July 10th. Those of you lucky enough to be selected will start receiving codes in the next couple of weeks, and we will be sending out vouchers to more people as the test continues through to Tuesday, July 31st.

In related news, we recently had a really amazing group of LBP creators join us for an entire week here at SCEA’s San Diego Studio where they were able to get their hands dirty experimenting with LBP Karting‘s Create tools. I think it’s safe to say that a good time was had by all, and the participants gave us invaluable feedback on some tweaks that will end up giving you all really great experience when LBP Karting hits store shelves later this year. The LBP franchise has always had a strong community element so it was great to have the people we’re making the game for in our studio face-to-face talking through their creative ideas and processes.

At the end of the day, this level of interaction helps us make a better game. Big shouts out go to Spider-Jew, JustinArt, LamboLover4898, ConfusedCartman, codibear8383, Crazy_s, and Taffey. We are truly grateful that you all could spend some time with us at our studio – thank you for your continued support.

LittleBigPlanet Karting CreatorsLittleBigPlanet Karting Creators Dinner

We had an awesome ti-… You know what? I should let THEM tell you about it. Check out the link here to read about their impressions on creating in full 3D, some fascinating stories about mad cow disease, what it’s like to work with the team here at San Diego Studio, and something about a save fairy that sounds totally weird. Thanks again, hope to see you all online next week!

25 Comments
0 Author replies

Cant wait Hope i get in.

Fingers Crossed.

As i said before i am not very sure about this LBP game.I hope that i will be one of the lucky people to try it out.

mickaelcpereira 06 July, 2012 @ 20:34

Fingers crossed too. The game looks really fun. I hope to be selected.

I will be checking my emails every minute then :D I WANT IN! ! ! :P

I hope I’m in to to be honest. I got in the LBP VITA Beta (which was amazing). If I get in to this, I’ll play it then I might pre-order it (I will anyway but I want to play it first). :D

How long will it be before the entire Crash Team Racing track set will be recreated?

PRIMERAaskals 06 July, 2012 @ 23:56

my chance is now 1:100 for winning :)

ShadowGandalf 07 July, 2012 @ 02:55

How do we recieve codes if we get chosen? E-mail? Private Message on blog? If it IS Private Message, where do i access the message? Forgive me if i sound stupid, but i don’t post here much, I usually only look

cool i cant wait to see if i got in

Shadow__AAM 07 July, 2012 @ 05:26

cant wait for the game i really Hope get the code in little big planet was a total crash to me :( but my friend got the code!

@shadowgandalf
They sent invites to ur e-mail account linked to ur PSN account

XxLil_SugarxX 07 July, 2012 @ 17:28

For some reason, as big as a Lbp fan I am, I don’t think I’m going to get in. I still have my fingers crossed and my hopes up, but I’m doubtful.

Hope I get in!

I’m not sure about this game. I don’t like Modnation racer much and this game isn’t by MM. I haven’t seen level creation with the LBP freedom of making it a pinball game or something different other then carting. Still no answer on costumes, stickers, materials or items that we could use from LBP so I presume it’s “NO” and that would be all key for me to buy it. If not I wait for the announcement from MM about what they are going to have for us in the future.
Maybe a beta key could knock me from my socks…

pepijngamer 08 July, 2012 @ 11:10

Does this mean I’m still able to be selected? If it is, I really hope I get in!

Darkwatcher 08 July, 2012 @ 19:28

Hope I get in ! I really want to try this game, looks awesome!

Mr_KNIGHTRIDER 08 July, 2012 @ 20:36

Hope i get an e-mail ! , will buy it when it comes out those types of games are great fun.

AnAkiiN-A7X 11 July, 2012 @ 06:42

I don’t have LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta!!

mr_moneypenny 11 July, 2012 @ 10:59

Hi!
I registered a time ago, but when I visit the beta page, instead of the “you haven’t got permission bla bla bla”, the “you can’t sign up any longer” message is shown. Does this mean that I’m not “competing” for a BETA key? I’m sure I registered correctly…

Have the EU codes been sent out? Didn’t get one if they have :(

I really want to get into that beta! Hope I actually get the code, but for now, FINGERS CROSSED!!! :p

Tryed lbp vita, awsome. Lets see if i can get a beta of LBP Karting , cause i liked modnation racers.

Been invited onto the LBP Karting beta, entered my code last night only to find its for the US only version, didn’t even mention that when I signed up (as far as I can remember) are they testing the UK yet?

SeanHanlon98 30 July, 2012 @ 13:58

hope i get picked game looks amazing !

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history