Posted

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Update – 18th July 2012

It’s the middle of July, it’s time for an update to Your Instant Game Collection!

Two new titles for you this week, from Wednesday’s Store update.

The first is Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light (84), a fantastic isometric co-op adventure, starring everyone’s favourite grave robber.

With Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, enjoy a classic formula of combat, exploration, puzzles, and breathtaking visuals in this fast-paced arcade experience. Team up with a friend or go at it alone as you traverse deadly traps, fight hordes of undead enemies, and collect dozens of weapons, artefacts and relics.

Our friends from Square Enix have also thrown in all five downloadable content packs at 50% off, including three sets of challenges and story missions, as well as two sets of character skins that let you play as either Raziel and Kain (from the Legacy of Kain series) or Kane and Lynch.

All these packs will be 50% off exclusively for Plus-members for two weeks from Wednesday.

The second addition this week is Saints Row 2 (82), the craziest sandbox ever to grace the gaming world and another one you’ll recognise from SCEA’s Plus re-launch line-up.

Saints Row 2 brings true freedom to open-world gaming. Limitless customisation, multiplayer co-op, competitive multiplayer and killer combat are just a few of the features that make Saints Row 2 the most over the top sandbox in gaming.

Vehicles can be fully customised along with your crib. The full co-op story campaign has seamless integration (for example, one player drives while the other shoots). An array of awesome vehicles like planes, helicopters, motorcycles, boats and cars can be piloted and used as weapons. Over 40 missions, new activities, diversions, races, weapons, vehicles, cribs, city districts, and interiors make Stilwater over 50% larger than before.

Saints Row 2 also comes with three fantastic add-on packs to fill out your experience, and of course, they’re 50% off for the first two weeks, again exclusively for Plus-members.

This week we’ve also got a launch discount on NASCAR 2011, 20% off for the next month, giving you the chance to drive around and around in a gigantic circle at high speeds without risking grizzly death.

And on the 25th July, we’ll be launching Foosball 2012 from Grip Digital, again at 20% off for a full month from launch. Best of all, if you buy the PS3 version, you’ll get the PS Vita version absolutely free!

Put a date in your diary, 1st August is our next big update to Your Instant Game Collection, when we wave goodbye to Deus Ex: Human Revolution and replace it with the next big hitting Game of the Month.

What will it be? Time will tell. I won’t. But I might drop some hints again because we all had a good laugh.

Oh, just one last thing, there are some pretty nice bonus items to grab in August. More on that in two weeks.

See you in the comments!

The Instant Game Collection

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection
Don’t forget the eight other fantastic games available to download for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (89)

THE TRUTH WILL CHANGE YOU. To save his life after a deadly attack, Adam Jensen had no choice but to become physically augmented with cybernetics. Driven by his need for answers, he soon finds himself chasing down leads all over the world. The choices he makes, as he unravels a vast conspiracy, will help determine the fate of humanity.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be available until 1st August 2012

Darksiders (83)

Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between heaven and hell. Dishonored and stripped of his powers, War must return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.

Darksiders will be available until 15th August 2012

Renegade Ops (80)

Renegade Ops is the most explosive experience on PSN. Control five different vehicles on land and air, each with unique abilities in stunning environments. Power up your skills for the ultimate in destruction. Play alone or team up offline with two player split screen and experience the chaos of four-player online co-op with your friends.

Renegade Ops will be available until 15th August 2012

Outland (83)

In the middle of Balance and Chaos, now stands one man whose efforts may bridge the ancient divide, or doom the world to destruction. The award-winning studio Housemarque, maker of Super Stardust HD, has created an ambitious platformer inspired by epic adventures such as the Prince of Persia series. Each player’s adventure will take him between light and darkness and force him to adapt to an ever-changing world.

Outland will be available until 12th September 2012

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (82)

In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration. But Stranger is keeping a secret and needs expensive surgery to survive. In his quest to earn enough Moolah, Stranger reluctantly accepts the ultimate bounty from the owner of the Mongo River and suddenly his adventure takes a very different turn.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD will be available until 12th September 2012

inFamous 2 (83)

When Empire City comes under attack from a mysterious creature known only as “The Beast”, not even the electric super powers of Cole MacGrath can save the town from complete destruction. Battered and defeated, Cole finds himself fleeing towards the southern U.S. city of New Marais in search of a way to overcome this powerful new nemesis. Playing as Cole, explore the vast, decaying metropolis of New Marais and form relationships with the good people of the city, or side with their corrupt counterparts.

Available all year round.

MotorstMotorStorm Apocalypse on PlayStation Plusorm Apocalypse (77)

Test your bottle and your reflexes as you hit the streets of a crumbling city in 40 nerve-shattering races. Take your chances against the apocalypse in 13 awesome vehicle classes, from rocket-powered superbikes and lightning-fast rally cars, to formidable monster trucks and fearsome big rigs. Create your own online race events for up to 16 players, customise and share thousands of vehicles and unlock tons of perks and rewards to smash the opposition and climb the global leaderboards.

Available all year round.

LittleBigPlanet 2 (91)

Download LittleBigPlanet 2 and take your Sackboy on an adventure packed with clever tools, quirky characters and loads of multiplayer fun. Get creative and build absolutely anything you can imagine, from shoot-’em-ups and racing games to your very own movies and music. Then share your unique creations online with the rest of the LittleBigPlanet community. There are millions of levels out there just waiting to be discovered, all built by fellow LittleBigPlanet fans right across the globe.

Available all year round.

Huge Discounts

NASCAR 2011 at 20% off until 15th August

NASCAR The Game 2011 takes the next generation of NASCAR racing games to a whole new level finally capturing the very essence of what makes NASCAR America’s number one motorsport.. Players can choose to play as themselves or as one of the sport’s real-world drivers as they battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Each pro driver has the AI characteristics of his or her real world counterpart, setting the stage for intense rivalries played out on the track. Damage is meticulously detailed and multi-car wrecks are the most extreme ever experienced in an officially licensed racing game.

Foosball 2012 at 20% off from 25th July until 22nd August

Buy this game and get the PlayStation Vita version FOR FREE. For the first time ever, play foosball on your PlayStation 3, with local and online multiplayer, global leaderboards and full cross-compatibility with PlayStation Vita. Play this game and hone your skills to crush the online competition, or get together with your friends and enjoy foosball like never before.

290 Comments
36 Author replies

Ah, that’s the very first time I already own one of the titles (Saints Row 2), but it was inevitable at some point so I’m not bothered. It’s been over ten years since I controlled Lara Croft in any shape or form, so I’m looking forward to playing around with that. Thanks!

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:10
1.1

I can confirm that over the next couple of months there’s at least 3 brand new titles that are going to be available in Plus, so don’t lose heart. :)

SGTSTEELFACE 17 July, 2012 @ 13:03

Thanks Ross love the update Deus ex is brilliant on my 2nd playthrough trophy hunting then il turn to these games

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:11
2.1

Very pleased you’re enjoying it, I too need to bash through my second playthrough.

Ugh got saints row 2 with saints row 3 (like most people who like saint row or bought saints row 3 did) so picking saints row 2 as the game really wasn’t a good choice IMO but can’t win them all I guess

FortyPercent 17 July, 2012 @ 13:06

Loving Deus Ex so far since it was put up, and Saints Row 2 could be great. Thanks for the update.

Ross is there no day 1 discount for dyad for us or Is this clarification that we aren’t actually getting it tomorrow?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:25
5.1

DYAD is not on our release schedule for tomorrow but we’ve confirmed it’ll have a Plus discount a launch.

Bacon_Crispies 17 July, 2012 @ 13:07

Already own Lara but interested in Saints Row 2, played 3 recently and it was awesome.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:12
6.1

Saints Row 2 is a lot of fun, especially in co-op.

Btw, are the current Deus Ex DLC prices discounted for PS+ users? It will be a month or two before I can get around to playing them and I don’t really want to get my credit card out yet until I have a few more things to buy.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:13
7.1

Hello – yes the DLC and the PS2 version of Deus Ex will revert to full price from tomorrow’s update – if you want to take advantage of the 50% off deals you’ll need to pick them up before tomorrow’s update.

You can actually pick up all the DLC for less than £5 at the moment.

SGTSTEELFACE 17 July, 2012 @ 13:07

@ everyone its gonna be inevitable that we will have some games already such as I already had infamous 2 ,lbp 2, outland and darksiders when the game collection launched and its still a good deal

Yet another game that most gamers bought at release.. I think the people who wanted saints row 2 has already bought it. I preferred the way ps+ worked before, giving free games that not a lot of people had heard about. Also, I think the games in the US ps+ has been better if you are going to offer games most people that wanted them already have.

Oh, and during last heads up, you said we should say if we wanted you to give all the months free games at the start of the month instead of spacing it out like this. I would much prefer you gave everything at the start.

Thanks

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:21
9.1

The reason we’ve created PlayStation Plus Presents in Europe is specifically to ensure that plus members will get the chance to play top-notch games that perhaps wouldn’t be on everyone’s radar, and you’ll also see plenty more games in the IGC that people won’t own.

If you’re a really engaged buyer of brand new games, there’s plenty of value to be had in the way of launch discounts coming up as well.

@Bacon_Crispies Just don’t expect SR2 to be anything like SR The Third. The graphics, physics, etc., don’t compare at all, but it is still very enjoyable once you get past all of that.

HI ross

Please answer

1. Can you ask Telltale games to give us Wallace and Gromit’s grand adventures to PSN.I have done everything in my power to contact them (email, Facebook, twitter) but they haven’t replied at all and your the last hope, please get this game as soon as possible, as this has been asked for a long time now please make it happen. I really want to play these games, as do many other people. I`d rather play these episodic games then any others by Telltale (walking dead, Jurassic park, Sam and max).

2. Please also push harder for Crash Bash, Myself and a lot of people would love to play this game, its not as if we can even get from the USA PSN as they don’t have it as well, with others like Tombi and Spyro, people can just buy them off USA PSN.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:22
11.1

I’ll pass your request on to the account manager for Telltale. Regarding PSone titles, Jawad is making strides in this area just recently so we’ll have some new ones coming through in the future.

Thanks for Lara Croft, I was hoping for that one.
As for Saints Row, this is the beauty of PS Plus. I would never have bought it, but now I get the chance to try it out anyway, and maybe even like it! :-)
All in all, great update, also on the DLC packages.

Hey Ross,
Do you know (and is able to hint about) if there’s going to be any Buy a full year of PS+ and get 3 free months and/or a extra game for free before Christmas?
Will absolutely sign up for another year, but rather hold out for such offering.

S-o-h-a-i-l 17 July, 2012 @ 13:11

Ross, thanks for the great games. Not a big fan of Saints Row but who can pass up a free game right.

I was just wondering if you could give us a hint at whats to come next month, also is another Vita sale possible ?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:15
14.1

Andy will be working on any upcoming Vita sales, as for hints on next month’s Game of the Month, I will be dropping a few on my Twitter feed.

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light – GREAT!
I liked the demo of this and have often been tempted to buy it but always had other games on the go at the time. Really pleased to get this.

Saints Row 2 – GOD NO!
Not for me, I won’t even play this tosh for free. Good to see variety though I guess.

PS- what do the bracketed numbers after the game names indicate? Are they review scores or something?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:23
15.1

Ah well, can’t win them all. :)
The bracketed numbers are PS3 Metacritic scores, just so you have a quick reference.

I already own both games, unfortunately, and neither NASCAR, nor Foosball interest me. Plus, I already owned most of the 10 initial games that were on offer, either on PS3, or other platforms. Still waiting for these PS+ updates to offer me something.

I hear there will be a summer sale soon on the store, any news on that? Maybe a vague date, like July, or August?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:26
16.1

I can confirm that there is a Summer sale coming up but no info ont he timings yet. Andy will keep you updated.

young_hastings 17 July, 2012 @ 13:12

i wish saints row 2 had trophies there is still hope for a patch if mgs4 is gonna get trophies soon. cool update though i like the way we get updates in the middle of the month as well as the start

cheeky4life 17 July, 2012 @ 13:12

HI ross

Its been a long time, I was wondering if we are any closer to getting Crash Bash yet, its been quite a while and it still hasnt released, is it having problems with Q&A as legally it should be fine as its a Sony game.

Nice

Looking forward to play Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light.

windsorblue01 17 July, 2012 @ 13:13

saints row 2 a game so old no trophy support and got free when bought saints row the third cant believe people wanted this just because the americans had it sold mine £4.00 ebay glad to get rid of it

CookieMonsterES 17 July, 2012 @ 13:14

Please, Ross, consider adding all the games for the month in one go as they do in the US/CAD Store.

S-o-h-a-i-l 17 July, 2012 @ 13:14

Also is there any word on Sound Shapes release date for Europe as well as a PS plus discount like there is for the US ?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:27
22.1

No launch date info but there is a Plus discount.

bregalad920 17 July, 2012 @ 13:14

Very poor choices, how old is saints row 2 now and it also has no trophy support so trophy hunters don’t bother with this game, lots of people got this game free anyway with saints 3, and guardian of light really? Played the demo thought it sucks, there are better PSN games than this limbo is one. You should be fired for this crap!

sandystrachan 17 July, 2012 @ 13:14

Meh …
20% is “Huge”?
@Ross any chance getting “DYAD” as part of our instant collection when its released .?
Any Beta coming .?
Better games in august ?.( ie games that arent 2years plus old ) .?
Current games so we get to use the online side to them …..
( probably wont reply ) .

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:28
24.1

No, I probably won’t.

Meh nothing for me, SR2 has no trophies and the last Tomb Raider I played was the first one on PC. Does anyone know when Tony Hawk’s is out on PSN? I gather Microsoft nabbed ANOTHER timed exclusive -_-

devill7shash 17 July, 2012 @ 13:15

hi Ross,
any news about when we will get Deus Ex in english on the belgium store?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:29
26.1

I’ll chase this for you, we definitely set about making this happen – I’ll make sure it’s taken care of.

johngenegenie 17 July, 2012 @ 13:15

Thanks for the update… I’ll be picking up Saints Row 2 myself (never played a SR game, but heard decent things), but not Lara Croft. I already have that (Same with Deus Ex) – Ho Hum – At least I get one more game! Yippee!

Overall of late, I can’t complain with PS+ – I just now fear that there’ll be a constant revolving door of games that I have/had, as I am known to be an early adopter of games I want lol.

Not that that is your problem, of course – It’s mine ;P

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:18
27.1

Don’t worry too much, I can absolutely guarantee 100% that there will be enough content you/anyone doesn’t already own included in the subscription to more than cover the cost of membership – not to mention plenty of extra savings on Special Offers and Plus exclusive discounts.

Not bad at all. How about Twisted Metal, Catherine and Limbo next month? Two Worlds II GOTY would be nice too. :)

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:30
28.1

Nice suggestions – probably not next month because we have ‘plans’ but I’ll take those into consideration for sure.

Great titles but i’m still getting through darksiders! How do people go through games so quick. Anyway, great service, great blog, great content, I’m a converted playstation fanboy now. Getting so much for my money. Thanks Ross and Sony.

TroubleMaker411 17 July, 2012 @ 13:18

@15 – MikLSP
Those bracketed number appear to be (by a quick search on their site) the opverall Metacritic scores
Although they went the cheeky route and planted the slightly higher score for Darksiders (which is deserved, from all accounts the other console had serious framerate issues that the PS3 didn’t see)

OT.
Cheers for the update Ross.
Nothing really for me, Maybe Lara Croft, but that’s it!

Looking forward to the games ahead. Considering the amount I buy, I can’t complain at a couple of updates with little to none for me!

dylanwiggan 17 July, 2012 @ 13:18

Games without trophies should not be in the instant games collection in my opinion, as it means a lot of people will never play them. Looking forward to Tomb Raider though.

Carnivius_Prime 17 July, 2012 @ 13:19

I don’t like any Tomb Raider game or Saints Row. Was hoping for Ratchet & Clank All 4 One like the US store has had for a lil while now but I hope that’s still on it’s way.

ShadowDoGGG 17 July, 2012 @ 13:19

Are we not allowed in betas no more then? Even little big planet karting beta seemingly wasn’t open to ps+ members as far as I can tell, it’s owned by Sony.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:31
33.1

Oh, you’re well served on the Beta front, I assure you.
They went a different direction with LBP Karting but you’ve got something special coming up.

Pacman_Ownage 17 July, 2012 @ 13:20

As much as I appreciate all the big titles hitting Plus for free and discounts…

I’d much, much rather have PSN titles :/

The whole of PSN for me, is to play much smaller games that wouldn’t normally see the light of day. But having to keep downloading 10+ GB games when the majority I bought on disc, (because I prefer physical copies) is a bit of a kick.

But what you’ve done in particular this time with Guardian of Light, and Saints Row 2 is fine by me, as long as there is a choice for PSN titles and disc based games, I’m fine.

I know it’s apparently the future and all, and soon enough I’m going to have to go back to Scrabble and Monopoly when it’s raining.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:33
34.1

Hey, I’d never knock Scrabble.
Let me reassure you that we’ll never stop offering download only PSN titles in Plus, you have a few great ones coming up as part of PlayStation Plus Presents, you’ve got some classic PSN titles in the line-up going forward and of course if we offer a brand new game in Plus (and we’ve got some in the running) then they’ll always be PSN.

Also if it is possible Ross, could you make all the 3 games available to download at the start of the month like the US. Thanks

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:33
35.1

We’re going to have a bit of an experiment with this since opinion is divided.

@devill7shash The English version is already a week in the Store :) Was fixed in a day.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:33
36.1

Oh thank goodness, I thought that should have been taken care of!

UnitedDevil 17 July, 2012 @ 13:20

Cool, looking forward to these.

It’s becomming somewhat of a dilemma deciding if to buy certain games these days. Should I get Tony Hawk HD or will it be on PS + next month? Help!

i gotta be honest here bit of a crappy deal giving us a game most ppl got for free when saints 3 launched.

its a 5 year old game and looks like its off a ps2 there isn’t any trophies and there is no online..

talk about bottom of the barrel being scrapped. very disappointing.

got Lara . hated saints row. love ps plus. been member since start and it gets more worth it as time goes by. ur mad not to join

crackalakaling 17 July, 2012 @ 13:22

any chance for Jak and Daxter trilogy as one of the free games? That would be sweet.

gr0undp0und 17 July, 2012 @ 13:23

Preferred when we had PS2 and PS1 classics.

Will SCEE be supplying larger online storage or free HDD?

devill7shash 17 July, 2012 @ 13:25

@Tha_soh i just looked yesterday and it was the same, i will check today when i get back home thank @Tha_soh and sorry Ross

This month 2 out of 3 are already in my position. The DLC for Tombraiders is not worth the price (not even with the discount) and Deus Ex should be in any collection. That leaves the o so crappy Saints Row 2. Kind of disapointed this month,
Anyway I stopped buying games because of plus and wait till next month for a better selection of games.

Will be picking up Nascar for sure, been looking into getting it recently and was extremely disappointed to see the game not available over here at all so it’s awesome to see a game that wouldn’t otherwise be released to be available for download.

Been wanting to get Lara Croft for a while so will give that a playthrough but although have SR2 on PC so nothing exciting there. Looking forward to whatever the next update will bring :).

toxic-inferno 17 July, 2012 @ 13:29

Hey Ross!

Could you find out when the winners for the Weekend Debate will be announced?

Thanks

Ah damn I was looking forward to that :( any idea when we’ll be seeing dyad?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:36
46.1

Sadly I don’t know at the moment, I’ll follow up with the account management guys and see what the plan is, but you will get your launch discount.

Any news on when Vita/PSP will come out of the PS+ ghetto and get some content on here? There are still handheld gamers out there, you know…

Is that it another SCEE’s lessful of a plus update the olympics are so be here in UK & this very EU blog doesn’t mark it.

but SCEA does they get more discounts then 2 plus a further 2 free game so in fact it not 12 to start of now overall 14 games SCEA has we get 10 plus 1.

i like SCEE example what partially means, because we know what it means sony doesn’t.

McMahon-Man 17 July, 2012 @ 13:32

Excellent work, well done to the PS+ team.

The 3 brand new games are likely to be PSN games right? I should still head out and buy any new boxed games I want?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:37
49.1

Brand new titles in Plus will always be download only.

@Ross What Twitter account you using for hints? :D

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:37
50.1

You’ll have to find it on your own. :)

Oh and Ross tell andy that I hope the perfect summer sale title is available you know heavy rain :D

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:38
51.1

He’s here all week folks! Thank you, Thank you!

Please could rockstars Smugglers Run be put on psn, great fun

colmshan1990 17 July, 2012 @ 13:35

PS+ combined with Steam is resulting in a very large ISP bill. :(

Can you make any discount for LIMBO, please?

hey thanks for the plus update for Turkey.But for some reason Infamous 2 is not showing up as free for ps plus subcribbers it is in freebies folder but it still has price tag on it.I cant download this game as a plus member and it is common problem because my friends who are also in ps plus cant download it too.Can you please look in to this?thanks.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:38
55.1

Yes absolutely, I’ll take care of it for you.

will need for speed the run be part of the free plus games any time soon ??

SCOTCHmfCHIEF 17 July, 2012 @ 13:37

why not drop them here aswell , or just yell us

No celebration of the 2 year anniversary of PS+ this month? :(

I was hoping for some renewal offers like ‘Buy 12 months get 3 months free’ like we’ve had before, make it happen Ross :)

jakster123x 17 July, 2012 @ 13:41

The PS Blog app just laughs at me whenever i submit a comment -_-

Anyway, thanks again Ross, i’ve been wanting to try Guardian of Light for a while and i’ve not played SR2, although i doubt it can live up to the awesomeness of JC2. We’ll see. :)

Also, i’m ready to embarass myself with the August GotM teasers again.

And gamers are insatiable, Ross, i’m sure you know this by now.

Damn, i forgot to buy Journey as well. I’m finished now.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 13:46
59.1

Go and buy Journey! You’re denying yourself.

petewasbristol 17 July, 2012 @ 13:42

Not a great month for me in terms of games to download, but you can’t win them all eh!

Would love to see more PS1 classics being made available (I know in the past you have had Silent Hill and Res evil 2-3!).

So yes, more classic PS1-2 games would go down a treat!

obiadekanobi1980 17 July, 2012 @ 13:44

wow ross thank the guys for deus ex its one of the finest games ive played and ive played alot over the years how i didnt pick this up on release day is bey…. hang on i remember now GAME wanted 45 quid for it so i told them to buck off but with a slight change of the first letter lol

also hurry up and get your streaming service up and running as last months freebies weighed in for me at 37 gig!! which took a whole day to download and install infamous 2 took 1h 4m to install for me but thats my only gripe!!

i was a big moaner about the lack of plus at the start as an early adopter and even stopped buying it at one point as i lost faith in the service but im back and its better than ever keep it up guys!!

oh and please tell mr gallagher sorry for all the abuse i used to give him about plus lol i take it all back if i ever meet him ill buy him a pint!!

Deus Ex, Lara Croft, Saints Row 2… Three great titles… that I already own… Yeah, I know, logically it will undoubtedly average out to great value over time, but it’s kinda hurting the “Christmas every month” aspect of Plus as I open the presents and find that they’re all last years toys repackaged.

It’s completely irrational, but right at the moment of reading the update it actually feels like its detracting from my satisfaction with Plus more than not getting anything new would. Odd creatures we are, us humans.

@Ross McGrath thanks

Sadly I think I’m one of the few who much preferred the old plus system. Had all but two of the things so far :( Never had any of the minis or ps1 games and used to stick them all on the PSP.

We need more adventures in the Plus mix and where are the promissed beta’s? I started plus the second month this year but no beta and games like LBP Karting and Dust are handing out plenty of beta codes but not to us paying customers!

What about Spyro? an EU release was promised.

undergroundgr 17 July, 2012 @ 13:47

you should tell us which game will go live at least one month before.its not fun when you see the free plus game and its one that you recently bought.not fun at all.

undergroundgr 17 July, 2012 @ 13:48

i was excited with the new plus at first but now im having second thoughts.this way we might get nothing new and usefull in months.place the ability to choose from a variety please or get the plus back to its old form then…

HighflyerVII 17 July, 2012 @ 13:51

I’m *slightly* disappointed that I have both of these titles already. However, I still have far too much to get through (just started Bayonetta), so I’ll let you guys off ;)

salvellinus42 17 July, 2012 @ 13:51

Please answer:

Those 3 brand new titles… Are they retail games or..?
And can you tell are we going to see one of those brand new
titles in august?
Can we get Some Naruto games? Ultimate Ninja Storm maybe?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:17
70.1

Brand new titles will always be download only games.
Yes, you will get something new in August.

Hi Ross
Will Eu be getting same (or preferably better seeing as we don’t get same incentives as US with Play promo) discounts on Expendables 2, Sound Shapes, Papa Yo and Counter Strike: Global Offensive?
And Dyad discount tomorrow or is Eu getting delayed release? Same with Malicious? Neither mentioned in post.
Also US getting PSone games too but none for us?
Thanks in advance

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:20
71.1

Unfortunately DYAD will not be available tomorrow, but all titles in PLAY in the US will see Plus discounts.

We released Malicious months ago, also with a Plus discount at launch.

@ ross McGrath,

When does EU/UK get there PS+ like they have in NA cause there getting MUCH more then we do for there $49,99 a year with PS+ why not us 2…?

and when do we get the beta’s….?

Well there are no hints as of now ;P

andrewsqual 17 July, 2012 @ 14:02

Hmm I feel sorry for anybody who bought the Guardian of Light after it has only gone down in price by 50% the last 13 days now. Shame this is one of the 2 other Plus games this month then.

jakster123x 17 July, 2012 @ 14:03

@70:

They’re PSN only titles.

No hints needed @(nixx2k)

I have a feeling that “Ratchet and Clank, all 4 one” will be the new Game of the month.

I’ve been a PSPlusser for about a month now and really happy with it. Even though I’ve already bought Lara Croft I still need to beat LBP2, inFamous 2, Deus Ex, etc.

Just have one question. Is there any reason the Plus-section of the European PSN is cluttered with so many icons and maps (some of them empty)? What I really like about the American PS+ is that one can access it immediately from the user interface and it will only have like three maps (games, avatars/themes and discounts, if I remember correctly). It’s so much more organized and it seems to me to be an easy fix to improve the quality.

Apart from that, keep on rocking! I’ll be hoping for Mortal Kombat, Arkham City, LA Noire or some great HD Remakes/PSOne Classics. :)

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:22
77.1

Thanks for the feedback – I’ll pass this on to the Store merchandising team.

hi, do you have any info on what install size both Saints Row 2 and Tomb Raider will be please?
What will all the recent great freebies I want to watch I don’t go over my download limit…..BTW great update again, 2 more games I haven’t played :)

There’s a typo in the post. It says “Huge discounts”.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:23
79.1

Trololol.

Any chance we’ll ever get Vita games in PS+? Not just discounts, but like, game of the month type offers (Discounts are pretty awesome too, just in case anybody’s listening!)

hi ross
1st timer. just woundering any of the dead space games in da pipe line or bio shocks that would be great. also waitin each month kills me. cheers
PS+ rules

hi ross
PS+ rules

I’m new on here. Hello. I’ve only ever been an occasional 90 day subscriber and my last subscription ran out just as the IGC kicked in. Who wouldn’t be interested in that ?…..at first glance.

This month though it certainly feels disappointing. Deus ex(got it already), SR2 finished on xbox and no trophies=no desire to play it again. I tried the demo of Lara and wasn’t impressed. Not many savings to be had either so i would say i prefered the old PS+ system where you:
A) Got all PS+ content at start of the month
B) Were offered lots of less valuable titles that are newer such as PSN games and Mini’s instead of games that a lot of people already played years ago.
Sorry to be negative on my first post but it definately felt like PS+ was better value for money before the change.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:25
83.1

There’s still going to be more brand new PSN content than there ever used to be included in Plus, I assure you.

Legend of Dragoon and more than 1 title a month please.
I like to be treated with the same respect as US.

hi ross
1st timer
any chance of 1 or both dead space and bio shocks in future that wud be great.
cheesrs PS+ rules

Yoshikart64 17 July, 2012 @ 14:27

Not hyped for either of these two although I’ve heard good things about Guardian of Light. Something good to play with a friend perhaps? I can’t complain though as the original 10 games were all pretty good for me. And for £40 I can take a few months of ill suited content for myself.

I hope the Instant games aren’t just ones that the US has received previously as that just takes away all the surprise. Getting weird and unexpected gifts is half the fun.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:32
86.1

There will be some cross-over, but plenty of the stuff you get here will be EU only.

Thanks for the update, if they just update Saints Row 2 with trophies :|

Also i’m gonna hazard a guess and say (hopefully) that one of the new PSN titles we got for free next month will be Jet Set Radio since Sega have given PS+ quite a lot of freebies over the last year (megadrive games, renegade ops, VF). You heard it here first :)

already own both the BD titles this month, wordt part is i own them digitally so i cant sell em. oh well at least i get tomb raider and foosball looks good, good thing its discounted. its also awesome that its a pay once get both version deal like moterstorm rc

skatepunk36 17 July, 2012 @ 14:31

cool update… always thought about buying the lara croft game… plus deus x = awesome plus month

LIKE-NO-ONE 17 July, 2012 @ 14:32

I was hoping for Ratchet & Clank All 4 One like the US store.

Another thing, any upcoming offers for renewing Plus subscription?

Any plans for Mass Effect 2 or any RPG titles in future updates?

Good afternoon, thanks for the update!

On the subject of PlayStation Plus for PS Vita, I understand there’s not a big enough catalogue of Vita titles at the moment to start offering them monthly, so here’s my idea: why not offer some PSP games on the side in these first few months?

I’ve been playing some PSP games on my Vita and it’s like they get a new life there. I’m very impressed with some of them. Also, PSP users could get in on the offer as well.

It’s about time the portable side of PlayStation got some goodies as well. Hey, by offering some portable titles on the side, maybe you’ll convince some people to get a PS Vita :D

What do you think?

jakster123x 17 July, 2012 @ 14:35

@87:

Yeah, i just realised SR2 has no trophies… Yeah, i’m one of those people. Although i’ve d/led some classic PSOne and PS2 titles either for nostalgic reasons or because i missed out.

heathengray 17 July, 2012 @ 14:36

Hi Ross,

Great games this month (Deus Ex has me engrossed at the moment). I’ve already completed SR2, but installing it will give me the excuse to go mental again.

I hate to ask, but I missed the weekend golf sale last month. Would it be possible to get Everybody’s Golf World Tour Complete Edition on sale again? It was a ridiculously good price for the game and all the DLC and I’ve been kicking myself since – even thought I own the original game! I’d even get the Vita version in anticipation of buying the handheld!

It’s also my birthday tomorrow, if that has any sway from a guy turning 29. Please?

Regardless, keep up the great work, the move to full games for plus is a good one as I couldn’t play everything to completion each month… now my concern is HDD space, having already upgraded to 500gb.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:47
95.1

As much as I’d like to convince Andy to put the game back on sale immediately, you may have to wait a little while. Sorry!

This is the worst monthly update I’ve ever seen on PS+ and definitely not a good start for a new action plan.

A game so old it doesn’t even have trophies, and a game whose beta was the worst waste of bandwidth, completely and utterly boring. And then all three are shooters, whether third person or first all guns, go figure.

This isn’t exactly a good start to a new plan, I feel like I got ripped off. I was really hoping for Rainbow Moon, but instead we get it 1 dollar lower in price than US’s REGULAR pricetag. You’re always giving lame western style games how about giving some love to people with a different set of taste? Your entire collection including the “all-year round” screams A SINGLE PERSON’S TASTE-BUDS. Variety people, ever heard of the word?

I miss the old PS+ already. You say there are “presents” coming up, I sure hope they won’t be a disappointment like the rest of this nonsense

Hi Ross,
any chance we will get Deus Ex in english on the german store? We asked already but didn’t get an answer. The game is in german/french/spanish etc. but no english. There are a lot of non german speaking people in germany and people like me that play games and watch movies in english.
Thanks

Ugh… have both of those games. What about good games like Ratchet and Clank? :P

Oh well, I expected to see a little game as Guardian of Light. Good one, sadly I already got it. What I didn’t expect is a 4 years old game that doesn’t even support trophies as SR2.

But @Ross could you pretty pretty please grant us the english version of Deux Ex HR in the german store?
I’ve set my PS3 to English and so do many many others, as you can read on the german blog. All of us are forced to play Deus Ex in french or to constantly switch language settings on the PS3.

It really wouldn’t hurt to offer us an alternative download of the UK version, no loss for SCEE. And there is a rumor going round that the same demand has already been granted to the belgium store.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 14:55
99.1

This is Square Enix’s call, but I will ask the question for you.

Yeah! Glad i do not buy Lara Croft on previous Sales. :) Now it´s for free. From my Point Plus is now much better than the Old Plus. I got more Games than i can even play. Some Games i bought were so bad…. now with Plus it doesent matter. Sorry for my Bad English.

Keep Going!

I’d like to see motorstorm rc on here as that could encourage the vita gamer too. The odd game where you get both versions would be awesome

Bgjknpqswvyu 17 July, 2012 @ 14:47

Hi Ross, is there any news on a release for Machinarium & Closure?

@96: Come on. Saints Row is not a shooter, its an sandbox game, or an Action-Adventure. And Lara Croft is a Fixed camera platformer. Only Deus Ex fits the shooter description.
I don’t like shooters, but I do like Lara Croft and SR2. Who cares if it has trophies or not?
So, what you YOU want? Some obscure JRPG, that no-one else will like? I hope not!
If you don’t like the current offering, you can always cancel your subscription. Noone is forcing you.

Hi Ross,

Can you please add the sizes of the games in the Future?

I would say Lara croft, not for me but I said that about renegade ops and loved it, deus ex:hr and loved it so bring on the games. Saints row 2 I’ve fancied but never played so that’s good. Would like ratchet and clank all 4 one and just cause 2 sometime but I’ve not been happier as a plus subscriber and can’t wait to see what comes up in the next few month. Good work.

beatthemwell 17 July, 2012 @ 15:06

my eyes tearing from happiness i really stopped going to game stores in my city thanks plus from KSA

Fantastic, I’m glad now that I couldn’t afford to buy LC:GOL when it was discounted recently. Looking forward to playing it.

I think the staggered release is much better, I’d rather have something new to play every fortnight than get it all at once. I’ve still hardly touched most of the initial IGC games from June, as there were so many at once.

As for the new titles you’ll be giving us for PS+ over the coming months, Okami possibly? I can only hope.

Already have SR2 but never played Lara Croft, Thank You! :)

Great update.
Can you say if there any plans to bring any new retail games (as in day&date new) to PS+ subscribers, i.e. getting it the same week it releases in physical form?

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 15:21
109.1

It’s highly unlikely that you’ll ever see a brand new retail game in Plus (at no cost).

Not too exciting, I have Guardian of Light and its underrated. Saying that i still have at least 8 out of the original 10 to play through, I don’t need my LBP2 disc, and I can finish space marine and deus ex after only renting them. I’ve also discovered how great Trine 2 is.

Unfortunately i have them both, good game for anyone who hasn’t played them yet. Pity saints row 2 doesn’t have trophy patch though, would probably play it again otherwise. 3 and 1 were better i thought but still a good game.

I am actually frightened to buy any games at this stage for fear that they’ll pop up on plus, might just play whatever plus gives me and the big retail releases from now on.

I want to add a vote for Okami, I wouldn’t mind free resident evils either despite recent sale.

AndreasAchilleos 17 July, 2012 @ 15:29

Hey Ross, is it true that ps plus members get another two free games for this month ? I coulda sworn I heard that somewhere?

Gibbon_Elite 17 July, 2012 @ 15:31

I love PS Plus but another game I own in Saints Row 2, not sure whether to re-subscribe for a 3rd year, it great content don’t get me wrong but I have most of these games. The US games such as Ratchet and Clank All 4 one and Just Cause 2 were one I did not have for example. Any chance of them coming any time soon?

I will give Lara Croft a go anyway, played the IOS version.

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 15:49
114.1

Hand on heart, I genuinely believe there’s enough in Plus to justify even the most hardcore gamer paying £40 a year, discounts, DEFINITELY more than £40 of new games you don’t have, and Betas and cloud storage and everything else.

@113: Yes, that’s the two mentioned in this post… Lara Croft and Saints Row.

Thanks, good update. I always wanted to play Saints Row 2.

AndreasAchilleos 17 July, 2012 @ 15:36

@115 oh I’m a total mug, I thought it said 50% off the game haha my mistake cheers

Thank you for the update Ross, i was hoping for Saints Row 2. Ive heard alot of good things about it. Co-ops?!

Greetings,

Can you ask Square to release some of its classics in the store like Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts BBS or Star Ocean?

fusionhunter 17 July, 2012 @ 15:47

Thanks guys! Looking forward to Laura Craft, first I’ve ever had a game that’s on PS+ (Saints Row 2) but it’s nice to have to again, lost it a while ago. Also look forward to PS+ Presents. Sounds tasty

Sorry Ross, my bad regarding Malicious. Forgot we already had it. Not used to us getting content before US. Got me all conflumoxed :)

Ross McGrath 17 July, 2012 @ 16:00
121.1

Yeah it was quite a shock, believe me. ;)

Devils_Demon 17 July, 2012 @ 16:01

First of all, keep up the great work with Plus. It had a shakey start but this year it’s definitely worth having. This update does nothing for me (have both games) but that’s fine and to be expected.
The only down side to having Plus is that buying a game/dlc (either new or on Plus) is a bit of a gamble these days.
For example I bought COD4 last month because I had 40 in my wallet. I wanted Black Ops but it was 60 euros so I settled for COD4 instead. Less than a week later Blops was reduced to 35 euros. Then I bought one of the Map packs for Blops for 15 euros and then a week later they were all 7 euros.
I bought Journey a few weeks ago too, guarenteed it’s gonna be free/reduced in few weeks.

But I digress. Plus is still very worth having and I’m glad I’m member.

As for this ‘experiment’ of whether to release everything at once or stagger them every 2 weeks..
stagger them. I like having something to look forward to every 2 weeks.

Nice update, great work on Plus so far Ross! I only got a PS3 a couple months ago so it seems I’ve benefited more than most! Especially Deus Ex which for some reason escaped my radar, really glad I got to play it.

I know this is hopeful but any chance we could see Catherine, Silent Hill HD, Heavy Rain or Vanquish in the future? I’m sure any of those games would be great for Plus xD

Damn!

Nothing for me again! I think I may have to stop purchasing games if the PLUS freebies are recycled titles! I was expecting something new…..kind of hoped the PSN title would have been Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD…..SIGH…..oh well! :(

For those that haven’t played Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light, then you’re in for a treat!

Terrors_Of_Death 17 July, 2012 @ 16:13

Awesome update Great job on plus. Already own saint rows 2 but still good game. I have not tried the tomb raider yet but most def will.My question is when is the eu going to get the US PLUS Games like Just Cause 2 (the reason i got psn plus was for this game)and gotham city impostors

johnnydude84 17 July, 2012 @ 16:14

Hi,

Thanks for the update. While Saints Row is not for me I will check out the Tomb Raider game. I must admit having signed up for PS+ last month I came in at a good time. While I already played Deus Ex I had not played any of the other free games (massive backlog at the moment).

More importantly I just really wanted to comment to Ross. You response to post 24….GENIUS!

Solid_Snake1987 17 July, 2012 @ 16:15

Can’t say they were top of my list of games I wanted to play, but two games I haven’t played is much better than none.

Going to be really cheeky now and suggest a few titles I would like to appear in hope that somehow it could happen:

Rayman Origins, Driver San Francisco, Sonic Generations, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space, Bioshock 2, Dead Rising 2: Off The Record.

Any of them turn up and I’ll be one happy guy.

Any chance we could see Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One as a freebie at some point, considering the US PLUS Members were lucky enough?

Hello Ross, i hope you will answer me!

first i want to thank you all for the great games that you are giving us!

Infamous 2, darksider, deus ex and now Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light… that’s really amazing !!

i just wondering if the next update…

will it be just PSN titles or full ps3 games ??

i hope that it will be full ps3 games, cause that’s really AMAAAAAZING :) !

plz answer, ROSS !

thanks again .

@Ross Are we gonna get some psone classics and minis for free like how it was before, or are these retail/psn games all we get now?

Great lineup Ross!

1 vote for having the releases be spread over the month

Also: maybe not Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, but some Crack in Time love? pretty please?

And another vote for Okami and Jet Set Radio.

Keep up the good work!

ChrisSmith24 17 July, 2012 @ 16:24

Awesome update! :)

Guardian of Light looks awesome, and whilst I would never have bought Saints Row 2 I’ll definitely give it a go if its free!

In regards to how the content is presented, whilst it was initially quite jarring to see only one new free game at the start of month (especially as I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution a while ago but haven’t gotten round to starting it!), I think I do prefer it spaced out in the current system of new game first wednesday of every month + 2 more every 4 weeks.

Thinking in terms of greediness, we should get more content if the instant game collection updates every 4 weeks as opposed to the start of every month. As whilst there are 12 months in a year there are 52 weeks – 52 / 4 = 14 updates to the collection a year. Unless I am wrong in thinking the collection updates every 4 weeks, and instead simply in the middle of every month, in which case ignore me.

Show full comment

Awesome update! :)

But if I am correct, everyone stop complaining that you want them all at the start of the month as while you’ll get a bigger fix for the short term – we may miss out long term.

Yoshikart64 17 July, 2012 @ 16:26

I actually have a second question (please ignore the feeling of entitlement).

Will there be cases (as in planned now) where there will be more than 3 games given a month? For example would it be recommended to be checking out store at Xmas for some goodies?

ShadowDoGGG 17 July, 2012 @ 16:26

Oh and please don’t start reducing BD digital titles because some people are moaning about the download size, they can get bigger hard drives :D They will always be the best value for our ps+ buck

Devils_Demon 17 July, 2012 @ 16:27

@130 You would rather have crappy Minis and PSOne games than full retail and psn games??

Good news that the US PLAY titles will receive PLUS discounts, when released within our store :)

‘Plus’ manages the leap from dull to dreadful in just a few short months.

A pointless con to entice money from those that don’t spend it. This is hardly the premium service I was fooled to believe I was buying; And yes, the joke’s on me for buying repeating subscriptions.

It’s embarrassing to know that I trusted Sony come through on this, especially as subscribers are becoming far and few between. It’s as though the whole world knew this was pure BS, except me. Out of the sixty seven people on my PS3 friends list, four are ‘PS+’ subscribers…four!

‘Plus’ have had their last penny out of me.

Prem-aka-Prince 17 July, 2012 @ 16:41

Hey Ross, thanks for your hard work.

I’d like to express a thought I haven’t seen anyone say- personally I’m probably more likely to play Saints Row 2 [SR2 makes me think Soul Reaver…] WITHOUT trophies than with! I like getting 100% trophies so in fact the lack of them means I will be able to boot up the game ‘no-strings-attached’ and play as much or as little as I want!

For the other comment readers, I think this Lara Croft is a really good game, I hope many people will be introduced to it because of PS+ and shame to those who ignorantly brush it off as a “typical shooter”. I thought it was respectably creative and engrossing and a fitting experiment from the Tomb Raider universe. I also hope there will be a sequel! Maybe this added exposure increases those chances, maybe not.

Hello Ross,

I am a long time subscriber of PS+, one game we got early on was critter crunch but when my subscription expired recently that game didn’t work anymore I tried downloading the full game unlock but its missing from my download list and in the store I unable to do so it says I gotta pay.

Can you look into this much appreciated…

Prem-aka-Prince 17 July, 2012 @ 16:42

p.s. I like the staggered releases, though I don’t see how it makes much difference. There are short-sighted people among those who complain… some don’t think it through, do they? If you move it forward (or back?) half a month to satisfy them… it’s still a month between releases. Nobody would really be getting anything sooner in the long run!

Being able to go on the store once a month and download it all in one go may be a bonus for some, but less opportunity for surprise and longer waits between freebies is a loss for others.

I just got my Plus account last month and I still can’t believe the luck…half of the titles were on my shopping list on amazon, sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Now, regarding Lara Croft and SR2…it is disappointing that SR2 hasn’t converted it’s in-game achievements into trophies, like Uncharted did. I won’t believe that it is hard to do, it should be a couple of lines of coding. Still, the game is fun so I am thankful for that. Never played a Lara Croft title so I might as well give it a try.

@Ross, is there any chance we might get All4One in Europe as game of the month or some discount for the Ratchet Trilogy in the near future?

woestijnkroket 17 July, 2012 @ 16:46

whats up with all these bluray games that didnt sold well? (farcry2, darksiders, spacemarines, motorstorm and now saintrow2 aswell) Why are you dumping these crap games on to your paying customers?

Thanks for the heads up on the update. I’m in favour of drip feeding the content personally rather than a content drop once a month!

Can I just ask for future games that you guys try not to include ones without trophies? Trophies is the incentive for me to try a ps+ game – even if it’s no good at least we get some trophies as a consolation! ;-)

Really happy with deus ex and TR as ps+ games tho! :)

Neconthrope 17 July, 2012 @ 16:50

So a lara croft game and SR2 ( would of been better if it was SR3 but theres wishing) well lets be honest you can pick that up for a fiver brand new on disc.But more to the point after reading the latest article on Kotaku about PS+ store update is Just Cause 2 also getting released in SCEE region or is it just a SCEA exclusive or pinned for later release date here..
Hopefully later updates will give us something more to be happier about..

alby20002000 17 July, 2012 @ 16:52

Im a gamer with a massive library of games to play (both retail and psn) and I am also a massive Sony fan, I wanted to become a ps plus member for soo long, I waited and waited and finally jumped on when journey became available a week early to plus members.

It’s a few months since then and here is what I think of the service.

+ it’s great for people who dont spend much on their ps3(retail and psn games)
+occasionally get good discounts on games
+great for new ps3 owners

-not good for hardcore gamers because all the games you get are old
– it makes you not want to purchase anything new because it will probably come out free on plus in about 2 years time

So overall you do get more for your money, but you will probably get games that never interested you or games you already own. I would rather have 1 new psn game a month than 10 ancient but great old games.

Only join if your new to ps3 or you don’t have much money to spend on games.

woestijnkroket 17 July, 2012 @ 16:53

i gues Sony conciders there paying plus costumers as nothing more then a garbagecan, where you can dump all your low/average sold bluray games to. Wake up! There is a reason why few people bought darksiders, farcry2, spacemarines, motorstorm Apocalyps and now Saint roes 2 to. Very dissapointing.

woestijnkroket 17 July, 2012 @ 16:55

foster92_uk 17 July, 2012 @ 16:55

I don’t understand peoples fascination with PS one games, You bought PS+ to get some PS One games :S. @ross nice update, majority of these games you’ve put up recently were on the games to buy list xD, You can’t really grumble at the value for money you get with PS+. I can understand people have some of the games but then start moaning like children :S.

Anyway keep up the good work.

salvellinus42 17 July, 2012 @ 16:55

Please Answer!!!

You say that those 3 brand new titles are PSN games?
What PSN Game means? is it like not so good game like Infamous 2 and Deus Ex?

alby20002000 17 July, 2012 @ 16:56

I thought it was meant premium service, it’s more like a saver scheme for people who dont spend much on games. I’m very disappointed.

PS PLUS = SONY SAVERS CLUB

@149: PSN game is a game that is released only on PlayStation Store as a digital download. In other words it won’t be a retail title. But it does NOT mean that PSN games are not as good as retail games. There are some really excellent PSN games available like Journey, Trine 2, Super Stardust HD etc.

CoolRichy008UK 17 July, 2012 @ 17:07

ye what alby20002000 said

PS PLUS = RIP OFF CLUB

WE WANT NEW GAMES NOT GAMES WE ALREADY BOUGHT PULL YOUR FINGER OUT SONY OR IL SWITCH TO XBOX u got money to being new games to ps store SO WAKE UP AND BRING NEW GAMES TO STORE

dont make me contact offcom to put a new sony rule inplace called no recycled game garentee where if its already been bought by people it is not to be on ps plus for free so we look stupid and waiste money on a game to then find few weeks later it is on ps plus for free

NOT GOOD ENOUGH SONY

sony are doing this so after you buy a game they make it free for ps plus users and con you out of money so they can make it free IT IS NOT ON SONY

either sony stops it or il contact offcom

alby20002000 17 July, 2012 @ 17:12

Lol at Ross

I was reading some comments on blogs the other day and can remember Ross saying he was excited about the two new games coming on the 18th.

I can appreciate old games as much as the next guy (I own ico and showdow of the colossus), but Ross getting excited over a great psn game in Lara croft………from two year ago! And a average old retail game that’s worth like £5 to buy? I’m seriously questioning your gamer status. Are you just bigging these old games up cos its your job or because your not a proper gamer?

CoolRichy are you high?

You are not going to get new games every month on a £40 a year subscription. Maybe at £40 a month. This represents excellent value and although I have some reservations about discrepancy between US and UK this is still fantastic. Everyone will more than make £40 worth over a year

Four pages in and nobody has asked…

Any news on MLB 12 for Vita?

alby20002000 17 July, 2012 @ 17:31

All I’m saying is I would rather have like one new psn game a month, rather than 10 old games. They could have basically set up a Seperate savers scheme for that. Plus is meant to be premium content! How are 10 old games premium? I’m not questioning the saving on it all, but of I wanted to get loads of cheap games and not pay much I would just rent the games I want from blockbuster

uncleniccius 17 July, 2012 @ 17:32

Agreed Adumr, people are slightly ignorant to the fact that these deals cost money. As people should know, if EVERY PS3 user has PS+, then the amount of content would likely be higher, due to the fact they get more revenue to spend on deals. However, they have made a fantastic service, and one that I have not regretted for a second in my 1.5 year sub time. I’ll be renewing when it’s done, too:)

alby20002000 17 July, 2012 @ 17:38

With the instant classic collection I was a bit disdained at first because I knew I would own most of the games. But after reading the blog I was I under te impression that out of the 10 games 3 would be here all year (infamous 2, lbl2 and Motorstorm) another 6 would be grouped in twos and rotated out in twos ever month(warhanmer, oddworld etc) and 1 would be game of the month. I wasn’t has disappointed with this because I have the first 3 which sucks, the other 6 would rotate out in twos monthly so I would have a chance of getting a game I have not got, but most importantly te 1 game of the month would be new, virtua fighter was a good start because it was new to the store, but how the hell did deus ex get ge of the month? It is a great game probably was game of te month……….12 months ago!

Like I said before

PS PLUS = SONY SAVERS CLUB

I don’t understand why people always complain.

You pay 50 bucks for 1 year membership.

What do people expect to get ? Free, NEW retail games ? Common…

This is a great service, but Sony can’t please everybody. Give it sum time.

I’ve already downloaded some great free stuf:

Darksiders
Trine 2

And the list go on.. on and on

So i’ve already earned my money back

PS plus is worth every cent

Show full comment

I don’t understand why people always complain.

You pay 50 bucks for 1 year membership.

What do people expect to get ? Free, NEW retail games ? Common…

This is a great service, but Sony can’t please everybody. Give it sum time.

I’ve already downloaded some great free stuf:

Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3

Crash Bandicoot 1
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Bandicoot Team Racing

Deus Ex
Darksiders
Trine 2

And the list go on.. on and on

So i’ve already earned my money back

PS plus is worth every cent

As always super thanks to the ps+ crew working so hard to get us cool new stuff! And thanks to Ross for responding so well to posts on this board.

Any chance of a hinty hint of whats to come in august Rossy? Love sitting and thinking about that it could mean and then getting a total shock at how far off i was when it arrives :P

Ps. Need less games i have yet to get time to play darksiders, Deus, Warhammer, Chime, Oddworld, Outland and Renegade not to mention the 2 new once comming! Ok maybe not less but daaaaaaamn i need more time in a day!

August isn’t for me then. Deus Ex I bought and hated. Lara Croft I played the demo and hated. Not into Saints Row at all.

Roll on September!

Don’t like this split month thing, just release them all at once like normal.

alby20002000 17 July, 2012 @ 17:45

PS PLUS UPDATE

AUGUST new games revealed

Hi guys here is a heads up on all the PREMIUM content for PS PLUS for august.
I’m really excited about these ones guys.

AUGUST 1st Game of the month
Crash bandicoot 1

August 15th
Tomb Raider 1
Spyro the dragon

Hope you enjoy te PREMIUM content guys.

HrDanish