Posted

Foosball 2012: Release Date And Price Revealed!

Hey everybody!

Jakub here from Grip Games. In the past weeks, I brought you news about our upcoming PS3 and PS Vita game Foosball 2012. Now I’m back to finally bring you the good news so many of you were asking for – the release date and pricing for Foosball 2012!

Foosball 2012 - screen-03Foosball 2012 - screen-05

You can look forward to scratching your foosball itch on 25th July, when the game finally launches on the PlayStation Store priced at just £5.99/€6.99. And that gets you both the PS3 version and the PS Vita version, so you’ll be able to fully enjoy the awesome cross-platform features we have implemented in the game.

And if you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you are in for an additional treat – a time-limited discount that will let you buy the game for £3.99/€4.99.

Foosball 2012 - screen-04Foosball 2012 - screen-02

To find out more information about the game and its features, like PlayStation Move support, cross play and online multiplayer, visit www.foosball2012.com, or join our Facebook and Twitter community to come together with other foosball fans and get ready for this unique experience.

Foosball 2012 - screen-01Foosball 2012 - screen-06

17 Comments
3 Author replies
bidbaldwolf86 18 July, 2012 @ 15:09

It’s a shame it’s not under a fiver. I can’t bring myself to buy any of these games that are over that. Motorstorm was £4.79 (and is awesome value) and yet Plants vs Zombies is £8.99. I’m sure the game will be good but I won’t be buying it unless the price comes down.

lmao, for that price it’s a steal. anyone who says otherwise needs to have another look at the feature set. both versions for 1 price, online and offline multiplayer, move support, cross play, continuation…..

poopiepants25 18 July, 2012 @ 15:25

#1 Are you joking, £5.99 for the game on both consoles is fantastic value , especially if you have Plus.

RoadKillRobin 18 July, 2012 @ 15:30

Nearly all the “features” will mean nothing to anyone who doesn’t have a PS3.
Cross-play, move support, save continuation, buy 1 get 2 versions, etc.
Also, you will not see that much people shelling out 7 euros for something as simple like Foosball.

Jakub Mikyska 18 July, 2012 @ 15:53
4.1

Cross play will let you play against people on PS3 and Vita. So, there will always be someone to play with online.

6.99 EUR is cheaper than most of other games you see on PS Store and it being a foosball does not has to mean that it is simple. There are dart, pool, bowling… and yet they are a lot of fun and so is foosball ;-)

bidbaldwolf86 18 July, 2012 @ 15:34

I only own one of the consoles so the deal isn’t great for me. If it could be bought lower for the one system then yes

Firstly I would like to congratulate another developer for following the buy one get both model, this is really great for PS3 owners who have recently bought a PS Vita as well.

The game looks fun but it’s something I think I’d like to try before I buy so I wonder if a demo is planned?

Jakub Mikyska 18 July, 2012 @ 15:45
6.1

Yes, there will be a free trial & full game upgrade for both PS3 and Vita.

xXCandyMan342Xx 18 July, 2012 @ 15:49

This looks great, and the price is great specially if you have ps+ Just one more week to wait

Thanks for the reply Jakub, I will definitely be giving this a go then and hopefully will enjoy it. :)

Hell-Raiser-85 18 July, 2012 @ 16:16

Looks good and nice price, will it have a platinum trophy?

CoolRichy008UK 18 July, 2012 @ 16:40

bidbaldwolf86 well you wil be missing out then fooool

bidbaldwolf86 18 July, 2012 @ 16:44

No I won’t because I don’t want it now foooool

Great stuff!

I’m not into normal football but I love table-top football.

Defo will give trial a go. :)

Awesome!!! great price the game looks cool i think i buy it :

I don’t know how the hell you people think this is a good price, its a foosball game for god sake.

Such a waste of money.

chrisandsheva 18 July, 2012 @ 21:15

maybe it was tongue in cheek ?..
nice that yet another few pound/euro game is due for release. innit ?.. but when i bought my vita back in feb i kinda believed i was buying a state of the art gaming machine, maybe it had something to do with the (official sony) promo videos showing people playing Killzone3, and other .. (cough) proper games, i might of believed i had just imagined those vids.. pity i still have them on my downloaded list. Anyway if foosball looks like a game you’ll like, then i hope all enjoy it. personally, i get slightly mad, just a tiny bit mind, when i read posts that ask for more psp or ps1/mini compatible titles, of course they Should come as standard etc, But am i the only one who believed they were basically buying a ‘mini ps3’, ?.. sometimes i feel like i am. to sum up.. wheres or when is remote play going to happen ?.

btw, sorry to the devs of this game, No disrespect is directed towards you.

@ chrisandsheva
and presumably you think it takes just a couple of weeks to produce the kind of games you want to see?! The Vita had the strongest launch line-up of any console ever released and all that’s different from other launches is that it hasn’t since been flooded with rushed ports from other consoles, something which would also draw huge criticism.

Ein_Schnaehkeee 20 July, 2012 @ 11:08

Damn it’s really awesome to see that this game has so many features and for such a small price of 6,99/4,99€ I’ll grab it instantly and play the hell out of it. I really hope the online play is stable and there is not much lag.
All in all I think you’ve done an awesome job of developing a cool table football game and I really hope you’ll gain enough success with it, to deliver many more great gaming experiences, especially for PS3/Vita owners.

Btw I loved “The Impossible Game”, many upping thumbs for that. :-D

Keep in touch with your fans through the PlayStation Blog and I hope we’ll see a new game announcement soon from you.

Jakub Mikyska 20 July, 2012 @ 14:13
17.1

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history