Posted

Your New Blog Manager Has Arrived!

Hello everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I can finally introduce you to our new Blog Manager – Fred Dutton.

Now I’m sure some of you may be thinking… ‘that name rings a bell’. Well, it probably does, as Fred is joining us from Eurogamer where he was their US News Editor.

As Fred comes from a solid journalistic background and has a big interest in gaming, I’m confident that he’ll be able to bring you lots of regular features that you’ll only find on the PlayStation Blog, as well as keeping you up to date with all the latest industry news.

We felt that the best way to get you acquainted would be to let you submit your ideas for his first PlayStation avatar. So we’d love to hear your suggestions (and of course knock MusterBuster off the leaderboard for most bizarre and unfitting avatar).

Please join me in welcoming Fred and making him feel right at home.

111 Comments
11 Author replies
Pacman_Ownage 18 July, 2012 @ 11:09

Fred Dutton? Weren’t you the front man in some 90s American grunge band? D;

… Hi :D

Welcome Fred. :D

Traitor!

Fred Dutton 18 July, 2012 @ 12:03
3.1

Interloper! Get back to your tabloids Wesley!

Welcome Fred, I suggest this avatar for you: http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/f/fred_flintstone-5303.jpg

Pics of Fred or it didn’t happen

Welcome Fred ! :D

KaneTheGoth 18 July, 2012 @ 11:13

Welcome Fred :)

Congratulations and welcome to our humble abode!

Welcome Fred! :)

gr0undp0und 18 July, 2012 @ 11:17

I hope he responds more than the other SCEE staff

welcome Fred!

Welcome to the party, Fred. We’re a demanding bunch so hope you can keep up with us all.

obiadekanobi1980 18 July, 2012 @ 11:21

as long as he actualy replies to the akward questions he be welcomed but if he starts ignoring the more important questions then hell fit right at home with the rest of you guys………

my first question for him is this

please try and find out when the ps1 games will be payable on the vita as the rest of the team dont seem to be able to answer this or just avoid the question altogether thanks

and welcome to the SCEE gladiator arena hope your sword is sharp!!

Fred Dutton 18 July, 2012 @ 12:05
13.1

Alas, I’ve not got any intel for you on that right now. You’ll know when I do, promise.

welcome Fred hope you do fine job here

TheNarrator 18 July, 2012 @ 11:22

but every day is Christmas for Muster! er, and Halloween too i guess.

big welcome to the new guy, congrats!

Glad to see you here Fred! Congrats again and good luck :-)

Welcome Fred, Cant wait to see what mark you leave on the blog.

hitman_stephen 18 July, 2012 @ 11:25

Agree with Comment 4, Fred Flintstone, it may not be Sony, but its definitely Fred!

Hmm, why should we care?
I never saw an answer to a comment from SCEE staff – opposite to US blog.
For me it’s Playstation EU info blog, nothing more.
If you don’t care about our opinions and don’t want discussion – why should I care who is writing this blog?

Fred Dutton 18 July, 2012 @ 12:01
19.1

I’m definitely up for discussion, opinions, rows, mud-slinging, food-fighting, pistols at dawn, voodoo curses – whatever you got. I’ll do my best to be as active down here as possible. I’m sure you can understand that I can’t answer every single query you guys will have, but I’ll promise to do my best. Let’s start off on a friendy footing, yes?

CookieMonsterES 18 July, 2012 @ 11:26

Welcome to the blog, Fred :)

As for his avatar, I’d let him decide what to sport so we know what he likes :P

Welcome aboard the crazy train Fred!

devill7shash 18 July, 2012 @ 11:29

Welcome Fred!!!

Hi there! *waves* :3

Gavin_Rozee 18 July, 2012 @ 11:36

Formerly of Official Nintendo Magazine UK. Traitor! lol.

Fred Dutton 18 July, 2012 @ 11:50
24.1

Busted. That didn’t take you guys long!

good luck Fred, you’re gonna need it. ^_^

Fred Dutton 18 July, 2012 @ 11:49

Hey there everybody – thanks for the warm welcome. As Emmanuel mentioned, I’m hoping to bring you heaps of great content that you won’t be able to get anywhere else. I’ll be wheeling out some new regular features over the coming months too, so keep an eye out. If you’ve got any suggestions for the kind of stuff you want to read about (or don’t want to read about, for that matter), feel free to post below.

And of course, I’ll do my best to answer any questions you might have along the way. Just give me a week or two to get up to speed and find out where Sony keeps the coffee cups/stationery/nuclear codes.

So, yeah, it’s great to be here. This is going to be fun, right?

VictorAnalogy 18 July, 2012 @ 11:54

Welcome to the PlayStation Blog EU. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Welcome Fred!

I hope you love hunting for PSOne games ;)

supersmith2500 18 July, 2012 @ 12:00

Welcome to the Blog Fred,

;)

welcome freddy, i hope you got your flameproof-vest primed & ready as we can morn alot. ^_^d

EternalChaos72 18 July, 2012 @ 12:01

welcome fred we are a demanding lot. wonder if u will be able handle us :P

Nightmare966 18 July, 2012 @ 12:03

Welcome to the blog Fred, hope you have a good time here :)

So Fred, what did you tell SCEE why you would be the best person for this job?
Because we would like to know the very same. :P
Any priorities? Anything you want to change or improve?

matt26071985 18 July, 2012 @ 12:07

Welcome Mr Dutton , i hope you realise what you’ve let yourself in for around here ;)

a Very warm welcome to you Fred from a VERY cold South-Africa.

Good luck on here, you’ll need it.

PS3 users arnt that violent, we just crazy bout PS3 & xtremely passionate.

I hope you have a GR8 time on here & really hope we’ll get more news from games, dlc & more ps3 news on here. It’s a schlepp to go to other sites & find gaming news for ps3 on there, while it should be posted on here.

Rome wasnt build in a year.

With Kind Regards
Monk

ShadowDoGGG 18 July, 2012 @ 12:13

(With Flintstones tune in mind)

Duttons. Meet the Duttons.
The new blog manager is here
Originally from Nintendo Magazine
Let’s hope he brings some ingenuity

Well well well Mr Dutton, i see youve come over to the Play Station. Tired of being a Euro Gamer? lol

Hey and welcome Fred do you think you could get a drop added on the blog for us to know what’s due before the day of release like the US has the podcast and the drop on Sunday evenings.little info like that can always sway people to top up there accounts before that Wednesday drop day for psn releases?

welcome to the sony funhouse :) first question,why there is no file size information on EU psn store?

The idea of new features sounds cool Fred, best of luck in the new position. In terms of ideas, what about something along the lines of the Eurogamer retrospectives but about SCE games.

Could even throw in some recollections from people involved, kinda like the US blog piece on Legend of Dragoon by Shu Yoshida would be great.

Could probably find a way to tie it into re-releases on the EU PSN store as well.

Fred Dutton 18 July, 2012 @ 13:17
40.1

Nice idea – that Yoshida piece was great. I’ll look into it!

sephiroth180 18 July, 2012 @ 12:19

Welcome aboard, Fred! Hope you’ll enjoy your stay, and that the community will be friendly too you… they/we/I can be a bit rough at times ;)

If you were the US News Editor, does that mean you’re located within the US?

You know, just wondering what happens if something crops up (like it often does) early in the morning (say 10am GMT), and it’s only ~5 state-side.

Either way, hi.

Fred Dutton 18 July, 2012 @ 13:18
42.1

I was located in the US. I flew in at the weekend and am now back in London permanently, so there’ll be no time zone issues.

Fantastic appointment!

Fred, you’ll love it here, this lot will definitely keep you on your toes (and I’ll try to do the same too) ;)

All the best!

Can you please reply on my question Fred? Do you guys have any news on the wake up club app for the ps vita? Because i have one particular song in my head and i want to be woken with that song on my birthday, but i don’t have any alarm clock that lets me play discs or usb sticks (with the song on, obviously), and my cell phone can’t do it either, so my ps vita is my only option, but then the app already has to be launched before it’s my birthday. Please answer, Fred.

obiadekanobi1980 18 July, 2012 @ 12:26

great start fred youll fit right in here at scee!! like a comment said above we need to hear the news about stuff from this blog not the krapfest that is IGN or the awesome site that is the sixthaxis you guys need to release ALL ps3 news here and not let us rely on useless 3rd party sites how ever trivial it is.

if sony tried to connect with its consumer base instead of pushing [DELETED] answers down our necks it would be an awesome brand, but it seem like a one way conversation 80% of the time!!

lets hope your the change we have been waiting for on this blog, push the idiots in suits and make there life hell tell them that we want the news HERE and not make the SCEE blog some promotinal tool for all the puss filled press releases that we see while all the big news always appears on other sites

Greetings Fred Gamer from EuroDutton.

Be as good as James was and you’ll do fine.

haha mike ;) I know ya right there

quote of the week goes too….

PS3 users arnt that violent, we just crazy bout PS3 & xtremely passionate.

well done sir isn’t it the truth, so passionate with our Ps3 it hurts so much when we don’t see content comming our way. :(

Welcome Fred =] don’t let the eventual whinners and complainers get you down =]

For an avatar I think the cross dressing picture of Cole McGrath would be funny =P

jakster123x 18 July, 2012 @ 12:32

Hey Fred, good luck with these guys ;)

Avatar? I dunno, some sort of patient magician person, as a relevant metaphor to your new job :)

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history