Posted

PS Vita System Software Update (v1.80) – The Full PSone Classics Line-up

As most of you know, we are releasing a pretty hefty System Software Update (v1.80) for PlayStation Vita tomorrow, which will enhance your experience and also allow you to play PSone Classics on your device.

Before the update becomes available, we wanted to take the opportunity to walk you through some of the highlighted changes and give you a sneak preview of what you can expect.

PSone Classics

With the System Software Update (v1.80), a large number of your favorite PSone Classics titles will be available for download directly on your PS Vita via PlayStation Store to complement the great range of PSP and minis games already available for PS Vita to enhance the ultimate digital games line-up.

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 29th August:

Cool BoardersSCEE
Rally CrossSCEE
Syphon FilterSCEE
Syphon Filter 3SCEE
Twisted MetalSCEE
Wild ArmsSCEE
WipEoutSCEE
40 WinkATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
A Bug’s LifeDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
A Bugs Life and Monsters Inc bundleDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Oddworld: Abe’s ExoddusOddworld Inhabitants, Inc.
Oddworld: Abe’s OddyseeOddworld Inhabitants, Inc.
AirboatXS GAMES LIMITED
All-Star BoxingMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Arc Arena: Monster TournamentMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arc the LadMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arc the Lad IIMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arc the Lad IIIMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arcade Hits: ShienryuMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings SpecialMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Atari Anniversary EditionATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
AtlantisDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Atlantis and Hercules BundleDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Bishi Bashi SpecialKONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
BlockidsMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Blood Omen: Legacy of KainSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
BugridersATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Buzz Lightyear of Star CommandDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
CentipedeATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Cho AnikiMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
ConstructorSYSTEM 3 SOFTWARE
Critical DepthATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Dezaemon PlusMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Disney’s Action Game ft. HerculesDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
DodgeballMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
DriverUBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Eagle One: Harrier AttackATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Fear EffectSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Fear Effect: Retro HelixSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Fighting ForceSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Fighting Force 2SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Final Fantasy VIIISQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy IXSQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy VSQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy VISQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy VIISQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Front Mission 3SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
GaiaseedMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Galaxy FightMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
GexSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Gex 3: Deep Under CoverSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Gex 3D: Enter the GeckoSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
GrandiaGAME ARTS CO., LTD.
GubbleMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Guilty GearSYSTEM 3 SOFTWARE
GunshipATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Hardcore 4X4URBANSCAN LIMITED
International Track & FieldKONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
Jigsaw MadnessXS GAMES LIMITED
Judge DreddURBANSCAN LIMITED
Junior League Soccer PS1XS GAMES LIMITED
Legacy of Kain: Soul ReaverSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Lilo & StitchDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Little Mermaid 2DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Little Mermaid 2 and Winnie The Pooh bundleDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Metal Gear SolidKONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
Mickey’s Wild AdventureDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Miracle Quad RacerMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Miracle Space RaceMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Missile CommandATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Monsters IncDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
MotorheadURBANSCAN LIMITED
N20URBANSCAN LIMITED
Namco Heritage bundleNAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
PandemoniumSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Pandemonium 2SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Parasite Eve 2SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Peter PanDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
PongATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Pooh’s Party GameDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
RageballMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Rainbow SixUBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Rascal RacersMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
RaymanUBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Rayman 2: The Great EscapeUBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Reel FishingNATSUME INC.
Re-loadedURBANSCAN LIMITED
Resident Evil 2CE EUROPE LIMITED
Resident Evil 3: NemesisCE EUROPE LIMITED
Resident Evil: Director’s CutCE EUROPE LIMITED
Ridge Racer Type 4NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
SheepEMPIRE INTERACTIVE EUROPE LTD
Silent HillKONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
Snowboard RacerMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Sorcerer’s MazeXS GAMES LIMITED
Spin JamEMPIRE INTERACTIVE EUROPE LTD
Sports SuperbikeMIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
StreakATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Street Fighter 2 AlphaCE EUROPE LIMITED
Super Star Dance ClubXS GAMES LIMITED
TarzanDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
TekkenNAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
Tekken 2NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
Tomb RaiderSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider: The Last RevelationSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider ChroniclesSQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider 2SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider 3SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Toy Story 2DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Toy Story RacerDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Toy Story Racer and Toy Story 2: Woody and Buzz bundleDISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Vagrant StorySQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
AlundraMONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Urban ChaosSQUARE ENIX LIMITED

For those of you who have already purchased these titles, you will be able to re-download those games directly from your PS Store account or transfer them to your PS Vita directly from your PS3.

I hope you enjoyed the video. For any additional information on PS Vita System Software Update v1.80, please visit this link when the update goes live.

As always, we appreciate and look forward to your feedback questions below.

266 Comments
0 Author replies
adaggerthrough 28 August, 2012 @ 02:50

Bishi Bashi Special! That’s all I wanted. Sorted.

Thank you so much PlayStation Blog EU! I was scared by the US blog having a grand total of 9 games but THIS is what I wanted to see. It’s a great time to be a Vita owner.

SCEE > SCEA in Vita support. Thanks for caring.

YAHOO!!

This is the best news. I was pretty mad when I saw America’s list of available games. This is probably the first time in the history of… EVER that it’s been good to be under Playstation Europe’s domain.

Great job guys.

I’m not seeing any missing games, but if there are, it’s certainly not many of them. Every game I own is on that list. Good show Sony. Not usually this pleased.

Will we have to redownload install files for PS1 games? I still have all my original install bubbles, and Final Fantasy games are big.

almighty-slayer 28 August, 2012 @ 02:55

feels good to be under SCEE right now. Great work guys :) much better than that pitiful SCEA list

no html5 update in browser?

This list is actually much more than I imagined it would be upon initial release. Brilliant Job

Nice one. You say these’ll be on the Vita store tomorrow, but will they be downloadable immediately once we have v1.80 if we already own them? Regardless, very glad to see this update. Keep up the good work.

All stuff it should have done at launch but finally these are added. Could still do with a better browser with html5 support though.

Uhh. So I’ve downloaded the 1.80 update. I had what I thought were uninstalled PSOne games on my PS3. But I go into content manager and it finds nothing. I’m gonna download a game again quickly to check. :(

SoundableObject 28 August, 2012 @ 03:04

Out of the games I currently own, I can only find one not available on there. That game is Sim City 2000. Sim City 2000 turned out to be rubbish.

Bravo. Can finally have my favourite game (Metal Gear Solid) on my favourite console. Not sure which other games I’ll port over. Maybe Final Fantasy VII as I haven’t even got off disc 1 yet.

sympozium_666 28 August, 2012 @ 03:05

Handy if some of the Square games (Eidos) are still on sale. I’m sure I’m late though

DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW.

Awesome! Now i just need Chrono Trigger, Cross and Castlevania, and maybe Dino Crisis.

Just kidding, still i hope someday i see Castlevania at least =)

I updated my vita but cant find a way to download the games, not even from the download list.

Anyone can help me?

So is it going to be relesed today the 28th or tomorrow 29th??

Got the update, good… only thing I can do with it at the moment is use the browser…

LBP2 doesn’t have the update for cross controler yet and PSOne games are now not being released till wednesday…disapointed.

If you already own the games do you have to re-download them? Or do we have to re-buy the PS Vita compatible version?

Guys I can confirm right now that the PS1 games are available to copy over right now from your PS3 to your Vita. You have to make sure you have your games in “Installable” form. What I mean is, normally when you download something from the PS Store, you have to install it first. Well you have to keep your PS1 games in this form on your PS3 in order for the Vita to see them and then copy them over to Vita.
Playing the 60hz version of Resident Evil 2 right now on my Vita.

Thanks for improving the browser in speed & functionality.. It’s much more of a pleasure to use now :)

Come on guys its not rocket science, we have the update now and when the normal Playstation Store updates on Wednesday afternoon the vita store will have a option for your PS1 titles.

This is great! Is there any chance we’ll get to copy ps3 savedata and other content via vita at some point? I love the stylish and userfriendly copy and paste system from the xmb on psp. This worked for all my savedata, downloaded trailers, photos, etc. On the vita however, I can’t do any of this. I always have to get my old psp from out of its box and recharge it to copy that content. And with the vita savedata being stored on the actual gamecard, there seems to be no way to back that up individually either. I always like to have a backup just in case. It’ll have to be the psp for now.

Any chance we will see Spyro series pop up on PSN store for Vita or PS3?

Awesome, but I can’t chage to disc 2 on Metal Gear Sold… I need help.

StrykerINF_1_23 28 August, 2012 @ 05:52

I swear some of you people are so goddamn lazy. Quit asking stupid questions that you can find out out yourself if you would just turn on your damn Vitas and PC or PS3! As of right now the PS1 option is not on the store. You must have the PS1 games downloaded to your Game section of your PS3, but not necessarily installed. You do not need to rebuy the games, how stupid would that be?? Come on people, you guys are grownups, no need to ask for someone to hold your hand through the download process. LPCHAZY, press the Vita screen to use it like the PS button on the DualShock 3, there you should have the switch disc option. Also, alot of the same games on Europe list are also available on the NA one, they just aren’t listed. Just try for yourself, its not that hard if you already own the games!

einhander needs to be added to this list!!!! one of m all time favorite scroller shooters

Just discovered you can take screenshots of PS1 games OMG

Great update for the vita! And good work SCEE giving us a far bigger list then the US. However you owe us after still no CS GO!

The link to download ps1 ganes on the fita store isnt there yet however you can download them and copy them frok your ps3. For anyone who has ps1 games on their ps3, you will need to redownload them so you have the install file bubble on your ps3, not the actual game already installed. You are then able to copy them all across. I have about 20 ps1 games from ps plus that I just redownloaded on the ps3 and copied to my vita! Can’t wait to replay the classics like crash etc.

Also when is spyro coming to the aus/eu psn!? Want to play those games on my vita so bad, bring back so many good memories as a kid.

How about letting us play PS3 games via remote play, we know it can be done via “other” methods, give us a legit way to do it

I would like to know if the New Zealand PSN Store will be getting Vagrant Story to download? I really want to play it on my Vita! Also if Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross could get into the Imported PS1 Classics as well I’d be really really happy :)

Please make this happen Sony!

Also how do you create a PS1 memory card on the Vita?

Nice update, I am looking forward to playing PSOne classics on the PS Vita, even if I would have loved for the PS Vita to support video-out and DualShok 3 controllers (useful for one or two players), like the PSP Go does, for this same purpose.

Talking of updates, it being my birthday today I am reminded that, of all my PSPs and the PS Vita, my PSP Go seems to still be the only console to wish me a Happy Birthday on such occasions. Surely it wouldn’t be too hard for the PS Vita to store the registered birthday of the associated SEN account for the same kind of greetings and it would help making it feel a bit more personal. ;3

A-a-a-a-a, buying right now FF7-8-9!!! but where is Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoons and Xenogears?!

thanks PSOne games

Next: Remote Play support for PS3-titles. This would make my Vita THE best machine ever!

Amazing update

Thanks for this awesome update! I can’t wait to be playing my PS1 classics on my Vita!!

Now, you asked for feedback…
Change the way that you transfer content onto the Vita!!! This is the one major thing that is bugging me (that I can think of).

Please change it so that you don’t have to have the installer to copy, you can just copy it from the installed game!! I have over 200 PS1/Mini’s/PSP games on my PS3 I’m not going to keep the installers for these on my PS3 because they sit above the installed games, If I could put them into folders that would be fine, but I can’t. Change it back to how it was please!!

And “Drag and drop” content onto the Vita would be better than the content manager!

Thanks.

why not add function like copy & paste to the web browser ? :(

Grand update. Kind of feel that PS1 compatibility should have been included at launch. What about remote play features announced at E3? Want to play Ico and SOTC on Vita!

40 Winks! YES! Oh my lordy I miss that game so bad. Shame there is no Spyro, but the rest of the games totally make up for this!

Very impressive list :)

Not complaining – at all! – but I hope we will see Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 soon after :D

Gamesgbkiller 28 August, 2012 @ 07:17

how i can play LBP2 on VITA ?

ShiroiKumaTaka 28 August, 2012 @ 07:24

Sweet :) now I can play all the PSOne games that have been sitting on my ps3 awaiting this day :) just hope syndicate wars gets added to the list in the future :)

Rochala you can’t play PSone games yet until tommorow except you can transfer Psone games from PS3 system to PS Vita system.

vaders-fist501 28 August, 2012 @ 07:30

Does final fantasy 7 have trophy support?
Love the update by the way : )

Bummer, the only PSone game I have is James Pond 2: Robocod and its not on the list.

Still I feared this list was going to be REALLY short, so very pleased that its better than I expected even if I do not own of the games.

Can we have the Burnout Legends and Burnout Dominator PSP games made compatible now please? Those I DO own and I’m really annoyed I still can only play them on the super thumb cramping PSP.

vaders-fist501 28 August, 2012 @ 07:34

Does final fantasy 7 have trophy support?
Love the update by the way ; )

This is awesome, pretty much every PS1 classic is in that list! But i’m somewhat disappointed that i can’t download them today (i already have about 20 classics) and i still need to wait for tomorrow. But, it’s my birthday tomorrow, so this fits quite well for that:) Also i have one important question: is all future upcoming PSone classics going to be available on Vita right away?

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history