Posted

We need YOU for the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta

God of War: Ascension beta

We are recruiting NOW for the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta.

To be in with a chance of being a selected participant, please register on the God of War: Ascension beta sign-up page. You have until 12.00pm on Friday 7th December to register your interest.

Those chosen will be notified via email when the God of War: Ascension Beta is ready to be accessed, and will be able to access the God of War: Ascension section of PSN Beta. Once logged in to PSN Beta, you can then retrieve your voucher code and get started.

God of War: Ascension sees the debut of multiplayer to God of War for the very first time. So expect all the brutal combat and frenetic action of the God of War series in up to eight-player online battles.

See you in the arena, Spartans!

51 Comments
6 Author replies
theplotlessplot 30 November, 2012 @ 11:08

Do Playstation Plus members have automatic access to the Beta or do we still have to sign up?

Ross Alexander 03 December, 2012 @ 09:28
1.1

You have to sign up to this beta.

More info to come later on PS Plus content.

Yay! Submitted!

Do PS+ members automatically get into this beta?

Ross Alexander 03 December, 2012 @ 09:28
3.1

Nope, you need to sign up.

well i have registered, takes 2 seconds :)

if selected will beta testers get any special unlocks in final game?

Ross Alexander 03 December, 2012 @ 09:29
4.1

No, participation in this beta would provide any unlocks in the final game. What it will do however, is give you a bit of practice so you’re (hopefully) better than those who didn’t take part come launch.

complete submitted,,
I think EU PSN+ PLUS subscribe member Free access to GOW:Ascension BETA,,,please,,

@GABBA11

I highly doubt it.

Usually when PS+ members get special access to betas then there is a separate blog post.

@TINTINTB303

I remember reading it about a month ago:

It just needs to be confirmed, maybe they changed their mind on how the beta will work.

wow

registered :D can’t wait :)

So this is another thing that was supposed to be part of PS+ but actually isn’t. Sony just change the terms and conditions to suit. They cant be trusted.

Ross Alexander 03 December, 2012 @ 09:30
10.1

As referenced in a reply above, news on PS Plus to follow.

Ok you can have me:D

i sign up and also i have PlayStation plus so please Sony do not reject me

Genpeitoumaden 30 November, 2012 @ 13:38

I can’t wait it!!

I can’t wait it!!(2)

This is one beta I am really looking forward to.

Hope I get in!

I love this game!!!

wasn’t this a plus exclusive beta a couple of weeks back, have just registered and am just hoping that i can get in, i guess there’ll be so many volunteers for this they had to limit it a little. one massive worry i have though is if i have opted out of ps and 3rd party updates, in account management, will that affect my eligibility. can a a staff member please answer this. i know that even if i go and tick the 2 boxes right now it can still take a week or two to update, so am just hoping it doesn’t affect anything. i Really want to play this beta.

18.1

Hey Chrisandsheva,

This is the first stage of the Beta (after internal testing of course).

As you have enrolled/expressed your interest via the PSN Beta sign-up page and accepted the Beta Agreement, opt in (1st and 3rd) settings do not get taken into account.

Still though – due to other filters and a possible cap on numbers we can’t guarantee entry.

Thanks,
– LiquidRunner
PlayStation Beta Trial Coordinator

@ chrisandsheva

I thought you sold your account, PS3 & VITA?? That’s what I was told anyway ;)

@ LiquidRunner
Thank you for for your reply, i went and opted back into 1st and 3rd notifications anyway, but that is not a problem, like many other GoW fans i can only wait and keep my fingers crossed.

Catkiller1. sorry don’t understand what you say.

I was told that you have had enough & that you sold your PS3, Account & VITA??!!

bring them on!!!

declan__watson 30 November, 2012 @ 16:27

Hey there bloggers
Great Ross :) I have just submitted mines cannot wait to try this out. :) Thanks guys LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

Platinumed every GoW on PS3. Guess we have a winner? :D

Can’t wait for messeage :D

I got all the God of War games on PS3, platinumed them all, have both PS2 versions as well, and I’m using Kratos avatar since I bought PS3 (almost 3 years now). Hope you guys pick me:).

a ver si tengo suerte :D

yeah, nice=) Beta GoW =)

God of War series is one of my favorites on the ps3 as a fan of this series I would like to not miss the beta is so count on luck in the draw maybe will succeed good luck everyone:)

good

do you have to have a PS+ membership to access the beta?

Ross Alexander 03 December, 2012 @ 09:31
31.1

Nope, you can sign up and still get in.

Just curious to see if multiplayer fits in the game.Although i dont think so based on what we’ve seen so far.
Just dont ruin the franchise guys.

I Bought Ps3 for Gow. I have every game from series (platinumed all) I finished every game at least three times (each in very hard mode) and I’m still playing :D

call_lorenzo_96 01 December, 2012 @ 18:31

Submitted!

Does this games has a single player?

i cant wait sony santa monica i love you and i love the God of war series thanks.the multiplayer looks very exciting and cool but i hope i get the voucher code to the multiplayer beta love you guys and keep making more God of war games thanks.

@ OttoT

Show full comment

@ OttoT
‘does this Game have single-player’. Yes the full Game is going to be mostly SP, however for this, the Sixth enty in the series, Santa Monica have chosen to add a multipayer mode, now i can remember that we both share the same veiws about certain mp in games, ie just tacked on and usually rubish additions that dev money used for would of been better used to strengthen the sp/story. I am Not concluding that usual example will apply here though, for numerous reasons. i believe the best argument i ‘should’ (not can) use is Santa Monica really don’t need to do this, it isn’t going to make them sell any more units anyway, which is mostly why devs are ‘encouraged’ to add, or tack on a needles mp. I also remember you mentioning a reason you cannot play most mp games. and that your currently in the process of reducing your medication, i hope you are staying strong and succeeding in this. maybe one day you will be in a place that allows you to properly participate in ‘some’ good online modes.. to sum up, mp, in this case really is a added bonus, But sp is mine and others main ‘cannot wait for release’ thought.

@ Ross Alexander
thanks for taking the time to answer more posts. as you may see from my avatar i don’t have a plus symbol besides it, and was both surprised and pleased you said it isn’t necessary, i Have applied for beta entry using this account, But i have also asked my brother to apply and he is a plus member, so am hoping that one of us is lucky.. also, if by some chance we’re both chosen, i would appreciate information on how to opt out, or decline, as we share same ps3 so i would feel guilty denying someone else the chance. i am sure that the beta application can record ip address and such, so i assume two codes wouldn’t be sent to one address anyway, but just in case when the next blog goes live a small mention about this ‘worry’ would be very much appreciated.

not a gow fan but seeing as its multiplayer maybe it could change my mind about it. can only try eh

I am not that fond of the Idea of added competitive Online-Multiplayer. Ok, it can be seen as added bonus that can be totally ignored if you don’t like it. The one thing I want to hear is that there are no Online-Trophies needed for the Platinum Trophy. I have Platinumed all GoW-Games so far and I do not want online-competitive Multiplayer to spoil it for me.

DeathAwaits121 05 December, 2012 @ 21:27

How will the choosing process take place? will you chose at random or take into some kind of consideration of players for the beta?

Sick! can’t wait!

Do you have to have the game in order to take part in the multiplayer beta?

glupia_wymowka 06 December, 2012 @ 12:47

Why other countries can’t participate? It’s soo unfair.

YEAHHHH !!! Sign-up !!!

@phattydomino

No, you don’t need to have the game. Sign up, then if you get selected you’ll get an email telling you how to download the client. Then play, bug, and make suggestions to your hearts content! :)

Done!
Soon we dine in hell! :-D

Nice one

Were do i register?

can’t wait to test it cooooooool
do you guys when the beta start ???

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.