‘Heads-Up’ Store update 9th January 2013

A Happy New Year to all! I hope you received plenty of games over the holidays and enjoyed them all.

en_UK

Today, Chris kicks off the January sale – find out more info right here. Maybe you have some Christmas money spare, or perhaps it’s time to treat yourself after all the presents you’ve picked out for loved ones. Enjoy!

It’s a relatively quiet week for new content, but one title to look out for is Auditorium HD. Play, explore and discover while converting light into sound in this immersive puzzler.

Elsewhere, PlayStation Plus subscribers get exclusive access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta today. Experience familiar GOW gameplay, but this time challenge your friends in gruesome battles.

Check out the rest of this week’s content below and return next week for more updates – it should be a good’un!

PlayStation Network New Content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

GOWAcensionPlus_MobilePromo_EN_PVWIMG

PlayStation 3

Auditorium HD (trial available)
Price: £6.49/€7.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Finland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle

Availability: All

LittleBigPlanet (Cross-Buy)

Availability: All

Magic 2013

Availability: All

Rock Band 3

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

SingStar

• Stevie Wonder – For Once in My Life (£1.39/€1.15)
  • Selena Gomez & The Scene – Hit The Lights (£1.39/€1.15)
  • Reece Mastin – Shut Up And Kiss Me (£1.39/€1.15)
  • Freddie Mercury pack (£5.35/€6.49)

Street Fighter X Tekken

Zombie Driver HD

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2

Virtue’s Last Reward

248 Comments
29 Author replies

Hi Jawad

I was wondering if there was an update on getting PSone classic Crash Bash?

Is it still being worked on?

Many Thanks

When can we buy the Playstation mobile games in Sweden?

HI jawad

Any chance of us getting Closure, Minecraft and Trials Evolution?

Thanks

And I guess “soon”, “it’s close now” or other similar answer as usual.

@ Jawad (comment 1/5):

Hi there! Sorry if I haven’t posted anything here when you delivered the good news for our beloved Spyro, but another phone company switched the contract with our current one with theirs and I couldn’t access the internet for a week or so as a result; nonetheless, when I found out by connecting with my father’s phone (3G), well… I don’t need to tell you how ecstatic I was.

(to be continued)

so I take it no EDF 2017 release for the vita then? When will it finally come to Europe?

Also Ragnarok Odyssey, Sumioni and Dokturo?

never mind just bought Ragnarok off ebay…but the others?

6.1

Ragnarok is due later this year.

Come back next week to find out about the others :)

@ Jawad (continued from my first comment; it’s a repost, by the way):

The Spyro trilogy, regardless of its import-only status, is an important addition to our PSOne Classics, and not only because he and Crash were Sony’s co-mascots back in the day. Without the sheer genius of these games’ design, the Sony fandom wouldn’t have the Ratchet & Clank series today. A second playthrough of the first game, that kept me busy while waiting for the 12th of December (or for my internet connection to return to normal, for that matter), made me notice many things in retrospect.

(to be continued)

@ Jawad

You mention the Dance Magic DLC packs but no mention of Dance Magic Full Game?? Has this been delayed & if so isn’t it a bit silly to release the DLC packs with no game??

Welcome back, Jawad…

9.1

Thanks :D

supersmith2500 09 January, 2013 @ 15:04

You forgot Imaginestruments for Vita. It is also on PS Store.

Also, can’t wait for Retro City Rampage next week according to Eurogamer. =D

10.1

RCR is indeed next week. Sit tight!

@ Jawad (continued from my second comment):

The first Spyro game shows a lot of potential alone by mixing a humble premise and simple controls with the ambition to do a lot with them. Also, doing a 100% run made me notice that the criteria for accessing the next world is automatically met in several occasions: fully completing the first world and then the homeworld of the second one grants you the right to visit the third; fully completing the first two worlds lets you skip the third; and so on. All in all, this is reminiscent of several “collectathons” often seen in the Playstation/N64 era.

(to be continued)

@ Jawad (continued from my third comment):

Needless to say, things get even better in the second game, and reach their apex in the third. I’m really glad that, after “whining” so much, I can now get to praise SCEE’s hard work for real. Of course, the Spyro trilogy doesn’t mark the end of the “missing Classics” at all, but it’s still a giant step forward.

(to be concluded)

Hi Jawad .. Any news about the Corpse Party sequel, if so when and will it be playable on vita. Thanks.

@ Jawad (continued from my fourth comment):

Last but not least, thanks for posting my drawings in that post, and kudos for your own: it looks really good! My B&W drawings were meant as a simple way to encourage the QA team; giving them recognition is an unexpected, but still warmly welcome, surprise. Kudos for everything, and see you next time, in order to work together for possibilities like Crash Bash, Chocobo Racing, and everything else that made Playstation’s glory back in the day!

– AlexPSN89

14.1

You’re welcome and glad you and the other fans were able to enjoy it all over again.

I imagine (:P) Imaginstruments wasn’t supposed to be out today? :P

Wow when you finally get Auditorium HD over here you make it unavailable for most of Europe….

Oh and should you not list Imaginstruments?

A quiet start to the year :D

A rather Lack Luster start to the year once again i see. Also where are the PSVita app’s like wake up club,niconico, imaginstruments and on the ps3 where is the EU version of youtube,crackle, and we still have no idea what the hell is going on with Conter Strike Global Offensive.

It would be nice to start off the year with some honesty and some proper answers please instead of 2012’s approach of stonewalling everyone.

on a side note HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.

18.1

Wake Up Club should be with you in February – we’ll have a firm announcement on the blog soon. Niconico is a Japanese service. Imaginstruments is now available – I’m editing the Blog post to reflect that now.

Just thought that I would mention on behalf of someone else that Destruction Derby is broken on the Irish Store. There’s no buy button and the website gives a weird error message saying that it can’t be purchased. There’s a topic about it on the forums somewhere but I’m not sure it’s been followed up.

Also @Izorpo – EDF is next week for Europe.

@6 – EDF is next week for EU

God of War Ascension?! Sweet!!

Welcome back Jawad, nice update.

Any news of any sales for LA Noire or Saints Row 3 Season Passes? Both games have Complete Editions at retail yet the DLC is still full price on the store. Please give Chris (or whoever) a nudge!

Cheers.

stargateheaven 09 January, 2013 @ 15:07

I cant find the Ni No Kuni demo using the search button. only the pre order comes up.. fix it?
i searched on the store on my PC and found it that way. guess i’ll be using the PC store more since it works.

Hi Jawad

Can you please ask about getting PS1 classic ‘Overboard’ on the store

Thanks

When is Ragnorak Odyssey and Dokuro coming for vita? Last time it was mentioned for winter 2012 and there is still nothing.

Did I read that correctly?
Auditorium HD (trial available)

Is that a PS Plus one hour trial, or just a demo?

26.1

It’s a Trial/Unlock.

Any chance the Hyperdimension Neptunia Avatar or other NISA Avatar ever will be available on Danish PSN?

There’s a free game that has appeared on the Vita store called ‘Imaginstruments’ but nothing happens when you click download, it doesn’t even add to your download list even though it has the red purchased bag next to it.

“Elsewhere, PlayStation Plus subscribers get EXCLUSIVE access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta today. Experience familiar GOW gameplay, but this time challenge your friends in gruesome battles.”

What a lot of rubbish, IGN had free beta keys to give out yesterday and most likely still do. IGN Prime members had it a month or so back when the limited trial began.

Only NOW when it is probably a week or so before the Public beta that PS+ will get access to it. YOUR undermining your own service. Now that I played it, I don’t really care about it anyway as it is terrible but still, the fact that you managed to mess up such a good opportunity when it is a SONY BASED GAME, makes my blood boil….

Any news on the release of the wake up club app for vita?

30.1

Should be next month – announcement coming soon.

Any news about the Bioshock discount? I’m waiting to play it before going on to Bioshock 2 that I got free, thanks to PlayStation Plus.

“Auditorium HD: Not available in Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Finland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine”

Ah, that’s a real shame. I waited 3 years for this and now it’s only coming to a handful of European countries.

Any chance of it coming to the above listed countries? Preferably before another 3 years have passed. : )

Is there any possibility of seeing an HD version of the great psone game Rollcage at some point in the future please? Or just as a psone classic?

diogompereira 09 January, 2013 @ 15:10

So the US got Mega Man 9 and 10 free on PSN+, any chance of us getting the same deal in the near future? Even a discount would be great

supersmith2500 09 January, 2013 @ 15:11

Are you kidding me? I can’t download that app. I hate false advertising.

Will we get sumioni this year, it was supposed to be one of vita’s first released titles. please release it.

36.1

You will indeed. Soon… very soon.

@chrisboers
“Did I read that correctly?
Auditorium HD (trial available)
Is that a PS Plus one hour trial, or just a demo?”

It is just a demo.

Hi Jawad,

Do you know if Dyad will be released in Australia and New Zealand?

Thanks

mclarenfan007 09 January, 2013 @ 15:12

Any news on Shenmue HD and Shenmue 2 HD as i have heard nothing since march about this

Nothing for me, even though war in the North is great .. even though it is still very buggy, hope the release on PSN will result in some bug-fixing from the producers side … There are some pretty ugly ones …

@ funkydan

Not sure what the Ascension Multiplayer will play like but the Single Player Demo was great but stopped far too short….like always!

From what I noticed it plays the same but you can use magic elements. There where points in the game where you would rewind time & fast forward time to progress further. Looking forward to it now!

Oh well its not like I had any money to spend anyway. A Netflix app for the Vita would be nice at some point

VIRTUE’S LAST REWARD AVATARS! TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW ! :) THANKS

Next week it will be 1.5 months that Vita got the last content update and more for any discount or something.

I think SCEE should express that they gave up Vita Store updates completely so we can stop waiting with hopes for new content or discounts and sell our Vitas in eBay.

You can’t even your own promise and it seems you don’t care:

“Posted on 7 January, 2013 at 9:30 am by Fred Dutton

There is a new sale planned for this week. The list of deals is still TBC, but there may well be some Vita titles discounted.”

44.1

Hmmm… I don’t see a promise in that statement you’ve quoted. Rest assured, there will be Vita discounts coming over the next few months.

Sony Pulse App which adds sound settings for the Sony Pulse Wireless headset is available in US.

When does the app reach us in EU?

This is SONY hardware and SONY software, so it should be dead-easy to release it here.

Imaginstruments won’t actually download after purchase or even show in download list but when opening it in store on vita shows as purchased.

Any news on trophies for mobile games? Thanks for Life of a Pixel

lol i won
= not 1 ting of intrest
ni no kuni delay in euro zone = :(
no terarria
no demo / game ragnorack odysee – soul sacrefice
stil skiping spamie star like always
stil lots bugs + rong language in store

i am also demanding minecraft? to ps3 / vita

Retro City Rampage 16 jan .( not mi ting )

ps3 conter strike = bad port so them canseld ;)! = ( joke from mi part )

Zombie Driver HD Avatars is cool but when is the game going to be released? The US already have it, and i was looking forward to play it.
Can we have an e.t.a.?

A_Nonny_Moose 09 January, 2013 @ 15:15

Netflix for the Vita would indeed be good. Looking for to EDF next week too. Hopefully next week anyway, and hopefully for a sensible price.

Is there any information on the second DmC demo that was supposed to be released in December exclusively for Playstation Plus members? Chris mentioned it in the December content update but it’s been edited out since.

50.1

This was a misunderstanding – there is only one demo however, it was exclusive to PS Plus for Germany only (available freely to all in other regions).

Hi! What about playstation mobile for Russia?

#42 There is a Netflix app for the Vita, just like their is a Youtube app, but they are only available in US and UK to my knowledge.

Glad to see your starting the year as you mean to go on… poorly.

Hi Jawad happy new year to all at SCee hope this year is going to be better as to prices of retail digital releases.

Also could you answer if ps3 is going to be getting Minecraft its a game thousands of ps3 owners are missing out on, i have it on xbox and pc but i dont use those often, im always on ps3, i would sell my xbox 360 if minecraft came on psn, so please say yes see ya deano..

Hi Jawad Ashraf

I have one question

Why the medal of honor warfighter DLC The hunt map pack are not availble in QATAR

Any info on ‘Dokuro’ + ‘Ragnarok Odyssey’ For The VITA For us in EU ?

StefNighthawk 09 January, 2013 @ 15:17

LOL,

Auditorium HD (trial available)
Price: £6.49/€7.99
PEGI: 3

Seeing Netherlands and Luxembourg in there I assume you forgot to mention Belgium in that “not available” list

Also, why not mention the early releases of BioShock 2 and Mortal Kombat for PS+?

Wow, thank you. I can’t believe this – free Singstar Icon Uninstaller! You made my day! It’s nice how fast you solved thousands of complaints. Now i can start buying from PSN store again. SCEE, you are best company in the world.

Jawad, can you help me?

Chris Howe told me to contact customer support and I have send them four (4) emails, but I have not recived any reply from them. (And yes, money was taken from my wallet.)

Whole story.

Me: Chris, I Bought Uncharted: Fight for Fortune Complete Edition for Vita and it says it is Trial-version and tells me to buy full version. I thought that I did buy full version when I bought Complete Edition????

Chris: There is a trial version as well, did the money get taken from your wallet? If so and you have not received the full game you will need to contact customer services.

Direct link: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/12/19/heads-up-store-update-19th-and-21st-december-2012/#comment-325359

Happy new Year Jawad..

As I got the Season Pass I’ll be getting the AC3 DLC. I also bought a pretty Virtue avatar. :)

If I could make one recommendation for 2013 it is that I’d like to see more gaming avatars. Some of the Studios and others are nice, but it’d be nice to see a bit more game ones.

BTW, on the store it says Jetpack Joyride is free. Is it the whole game and with trophies?

What a joke gameing is ment to make u happy but I only get pis,,d off when I read this blog the vita is the best but sony dont care for it lies on sales, games and updateds US are treated like gods over us I no ps4 will be betta than xbox by far but still for the first time im leaveing sony and there money grabing lieing ways the only reson I have not yet is because of the £1000s I have spent on the store and hardware.you read any of the blogs here they all say the same sony do not care for us they lie and never I meen never give u a answer I feel a fool for following blindly for so long

Yay virtues last reward avatars!!… but what about Alice, K, Dio and Luna?? Strange to leave them out…

Could we please get Fantavision as a PS2 classic?

I have spent many, many winter nights playing this unique classic and would love to relive them (preferably on the VITA but I’ll take what I can get). There was a similar AR game released for the VITA but it just wasn’t as captivating or fun.

@ Falcon1991

Yes Jetpack Joyride has trophies & it’s free!

supersmith2500 09 January, 2013 @ 15:20

Also I hate to ask, why is Imaginstruments listed on PS Store when we cannot download it? Or has it been shafted to next week? I mean this is why I hate 3 month delays. ;(

Bit of an old thing to comment on, but since this is the store update post I thought I’d better leave this here:

I wanted to download the Rock Band ‘Days Of Peace’ pack. I couldn’t find it in the PlayStation Store, but in-game I could. However, if I select it I’m taken to a Roy Orbison 75th Birthday pack, which is different from the actual Roy Orbison 75th Birthday pack.

Weird things going on. And I really want the Days Of Peace pack! Hope someone can take a look at it.

@Jawad

Any info on when WWE Wrestlefest will be released?

And Wrecked: Revenge Revisited was supposed to be in the December Festive Sale but was never added.
The game isn’t availble on the store anymore, just the trial.

another_gamer195 09 January, 2013 @ 15:21

Yeay., been awaiting Borderlands2s Creature Dome. Have a question regarding the sale of themes, If i was to buy one will it replace the singstar one, Am not too bothered about the icon myself, But that terrible wallpaper that appears now is really annoying me, So do themes overwrite that. If not then can i ask is it really fair to sell them, as i would feel cheated IF i bought one but it never done ‘what it says on the tin’, it IS meant to customize my xmb, ?.. or have i misread something. hope next weeks update is stronger, maybe Demon Souls ?. plus if it’s a fair conversion to US’s 19.99 price then it should be a Very popular game.

A new year yet the same whining and complaining children on here. Awesome.

Happy New Year everybody.

Wow, thanks Catkiller!

dean1076 =

jes total agry , i now lots who want to play minecraft
we geting soon lesser terraria = pfffffffff

StefNighthawk =
belgium = not nown by sony
netherlands jes – Luxembourg = jes
but flemish + walonie = no them not reconise use .
i tink them not want ore mony to :)

Help Jawad.
I tried to add my PS Plus games to my basket via computer SEN network few minutes ago but they are charging me for it!!!(They’re not free while in the basket :( !)

….and I keep hold of my money.

yet another lackluster update this week=/ comon Jawad gimme some vita love<3

Well thats a mighty crap store update :(

I would like to ask if there is any news about LittleBigPlanet Costumes for PlayStation Vita.

It seems that Gurlukovich Soldier costume (from the Metal Gear Solid Level Kit ) and also the 6 costumes from the Move Pack has not been updated on the PlayStation Store nor in-game store.

Hi Jawad

1. Can you release a list of what is expected for the PS Vita this year. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of planned game release data on the web.
2. When will the UK get Earth Defense Force for the Vita?

Thanks for info you can give.
Damon

@another_gamer195 if you live in usa You Get the option to have the Singstar icon on the xmb – but we in eu get forced to have it ..

And nope the buying themes wont cover it up, if only it was that simple

@ clarkes1990

Already answered you within the January Sale Post but Wrecked: Revenge Revisited was part of the Festive SALE as I bought it, so you mustn’t have noticed it!

Any chance for a discount for Sonic CD?

Where is Netflix and Wake up Club for VITA???? There needs to be more functional aps for that bad boy!

With Jet Set Radio being so awesome how about some more Dreamcast classics for the VITA (Shenmue, Seaman and Crazy Taxi would be perfect!)

I realise my comments are off topic but I think there should be a place for people to request games (classic and otherwise) and be updated to the status of them.

Nico Nico is a japanese app yes but it’s available for US psvita owners and under went a massive overhaul a few months back and now supports english language which is why is was released in the US so why no release here please? TheUS blog used the app to stream live pressers into it aswell in english so why the issues?

Oh the other characters avatars are on the store so no worries :) yay so getting some now

Sean_Oberlander 09 January, 2013 @ 15:32

Any chance of the Bioshock 2 DLC going on sale? I notice it’s currently not reduced at all, even though it was free for PS+ members this month (the game that is, DLC is still full RRP).

So the Hyperdimension Neptunia Avatar should according to this Blog post be available on Danish PSN, but pretty sure those Avatar’s won’t be available in Denmark, Norway, Polen, Sweden and other country, that’s normally are excluded from NISA stuff

I thought we were getting dawnguard in January,come on we’ve waited long enough,and it better not £20 either after a 6 month wait,I read in a blog it was surpose to come out today.more lies I guess.

chrisredfield_97 09 January, 2013 @ 15:34

hey jaward happy new year first of all and welcome back to ps blog for another great year of gaming i wanted to know i’m a ps plus member and i would like to purchase for free god of war ascension beta because it’s exclusive to plus members if i download will i get the free god of war avatar like the US got yesterday or just the beta nad if not i would like to know when and why you didn’t have a nice day bye man thanx plz see my question

After Resident evil were given releases I was thinking Dino Crisis 1 & 2 might follow! Any news on that?

When is the belgian/flemish store getting the english version of munch’s oddysee, been waiting for it since its release date of 19th december …

Yet again barely anything for the vita yet the American store is always getting all the good stuff :( It’s so irritating!

Every week vita owners say the same and it goes nowhere :(

RobLIVEuk, what did the US get that is so much better than Europe?

Is the new WWE ’13 DLC coming for us this week?

Just got a new Rock Band guitar yesterday so over the moon to see some of the backlog of songs pushed through this week.

New drums for Christmas too – sad at mid 30’s, but it’ll make for a great drunken weekend coming up… :-)

Hi Jawad,

I just want to know if games like Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins will ever be available on EU PSN. I badly want to play this on my vita

Hey any news on when the Irish will see PS Mobile for the Vita? Would love to grab a few of the games.

Welcome back and hope ya all had a good break.

Carnivius_Prime 09 January, 2013 @ 15:41

Cool. Already got the God of War Beta a few weeks back and I enjoy it :)

Well, another week i won’t spend money on the Vita. I hope next week brings RCR and EDF to make up for it!

Anyway, any news on when/if Resident Evil 2 will be made Vita compatible again? Or should i just go bug Capcom Europe about it? And any chance we get Parasite Eve as a PS1 classic? PE2 is not a bad game, but i much preferred the original.

Is there any information about spreading PS Mobile to additional territories? Talking about the Czech Republic specifically.

@ FRED/JAWAD

Dance Magic DLC Packs have been released but no price details for the full game??

What’s the situation on this please?

Kind Regards

@ Everyone waiting for a VITA SALE

Please take a step back and think to yourself:

“What is special about February and the Vita??”

Answer: It will be the VITA’S 1ST BIRTHDAY!!! :-D

I will bet my little toe that we will see some pretty decent Vita Sale items over that period ;-)

@ Carnivius_Prime

Nice Singstar Video by the way ;)

Please can I request the following games to be launched as classics at some stage:

– LMA Manager 2007 (PS2)
– Sky Odyssey (PS2)

Thank you.

Where Mortal Kombat for PS3 ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Oh wow, Auditorium HD is finally being released? It only took over 2 years to bring it across the pond.
Hopefully we aren’t waiting so long for Dokuro and Ragnarok, looking forward to those and P4G on my Vita.

ryannumber3gamer 09 January, 2013 @ 15:48

I got some questions.

1.When are we going to hear news about the Sly Cooper Thieves in Time demo?
2.When are we getting the PS All-Stars pre-order costumes in the PS Store since US got them yesterday!!!

TINTINTB303 ( 100 @ )
i not need sale
i need games
ragnorack odysee
soul sacrefice
mh serie on vita/ps3
minecraft
+ i tink lots want price drop to 159 €

Imaginstruments not available to get to UK users wont download on vita or not able to purchare from sony enterainment online even tho its says i’ve purchashed this on my vita thanks sony for another usual weekly mess up on store and again nothing of any good for European Plus users, again SCEE sat around with unlike SCEA who actually seem to look after the PS3/Vita community, but as usual sony’s biggest market get screwed again and again, maybe its time you listen to us before you dont have any customers left as everybody moves to the competition where you dont have to wait months after things get released across the pond and we are still asking the same bloody question when where and why are we still waiting maybe you shoulds all think about getting another job as you all seem (CENSORED) at this one.Time to go spend my money on a decent digital games source STEAM btw sony is (CENSORED) once steam box is released.

Are we back on the ‘Vita has no games’ trip? Brilliant.

Auditorium HD was only $1.99 on the US PSN Store on December 20.

Here you are selling it to us for £6.49/$12.95 here in Australia (shame on you).

Way to go SCEE. Low and slow on content, high on prices!

This week, the US Store has some great games going for just 99 cents (some were $4.99/$9.99). Whereas, your idea of a January sale isn’t really much of a sale at all.

A_Nonny_Moose 09 January, 2013 @ 15:54

Also I know it’s a long shot but any chance of a localisation for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus on Vita?

wasabi_ninja45 09 January, 2013 @ 15:54

Is there any news on when Dyad will be made available on Australian Playstation store? It’s been quite a while since that game’s been released and there doesn’t seem to be any information on when it’ll be out here.

One_Shot_KiIIer 09 January, 2013 @ 15:56

@Jawad Ashraf

Any chance you can make Syphon Filter Logans Shadow Compatible with the PS Vita?

& will the PS Vita Need for Speed have the PS3 add on pack anytime soon?

Thanks!

Still no PS Mobile. I took a look at the calendar and checked if it’s no longer 20th century by accident. Nope, 2013. I. Don’t. Even.

another_gamer195 09 January, 2013 @ 15:56

@ Fred.
Have just read your reply to post 41, regarding your supposed broken promise about ‘possible’ vita titles in the upcoming sale. from a few days ago. Really, i think your being a bit funny saying, ‘i don’t see no promise mentioned’, Yes, your right, it wasn’t worded as a promise of vita titles being included. Just merely hinted it could be possible. i guess it’s also possible that the mayans were only 3 weeks out with their prediction, IF you like.. i see it as you Did give a glimmer of hope in your stating ‘its possible’, So No, you didn’t break a promise, just led some to (Yet) Another letdown..iS That more acceptable to you, in fact will you admit it, or write another i didn’t/don’t reply. Nice start i must say.

Hey guys,

I know I’m like a broken record about this, but is there anything you can say conclusively as to wether Syphon Filter 2 and indeed Legend of Dragoon will be released on the EU PSN store?

The US market has had LOD for close to nine months now, and that is a game that is dang near impossible to track down for a reasonable price in the secondary market. I see plenty of obscure Japanese PSOne games like Cho Aniki (Hilarious game BTW.) so to me, it’s slightly baffling to see two of Sony’s best ever games being left out in the cold. Thanks either way.

@Frodo

lol, looks that way doesn’t it.

I bought Rayman from the PS Store for £12 and Virtua Tennis for £7 (VT was from GAME)over the Xmas period so I myself am more than happy :-D

Seems some people will NEVER be happy by the looks of things even if you gave them an entire back catalogue for free ;-)

I’ll throw a curveball here.

I know at the moment that Pentavision isn’t able to support a physical release of DJ Max Technika Tune but is there any way to get them to release a PSN version for us? Importing is a bit tricky because of the possibility of DLC being released.

Oh, and please ask Atlus (or Index) if it’s possible to get a PSN EU release of Yggdra Union and other PSP games we’re yet to get. I know it’s unlikely but at least I tried ;)

117.1

Tricky one for DJ Max. No plans for it at the moment.

@ AZAG-THOTH (49)
Zombie Driver is pretty poor actually. I bought it on the 360 a couple of months back, and after playing it for an hour I’ve never touched it since. I usually like mindless games like ZD, but in this instance I wish I hadn’t bothered.

Save your money.

@Jawad

Welcome Back!

My Q:

Is Aliens: Colonial Marines also getting digital release on PSN?

Thanks

Any chance we’ll be seeing Corpse Party book of shadows as well next week?

supersmith2500 09 January, 2013 @ 16:03

@AlucardDHK:
It should and I’m being told RCR is coming week, even Jawad told me about it. Hope to see some sales on Vita games next week, I mean nothing for Vita is week is just awful.

Any news on CounterStrike? Is SCEE not worried about missing out on a game that would earn lots of money? Or even letting their EU customers down when SCEJ and SCEA both have the game?

The download list is also still broken, as it has been the past 8 months. Getting tired of this now, really tired.

superpatchy66 09 January, 2013 @ 16:04

Come on guys lets have some vita deals.

When there are good priced downloadable deals then I will buy a bigger memory card and the games.

I agree with #113.

supersmith2500 09 January, 2013 @ 16:04

@121:
I mean’t RCR and EDF should come next week, sorry for the spelling mistake.

Hello Jawad,

any updates regarding Uncharted 2 (digital) DLC map packs incompatibility ? we have waited too long to hear back on this.

At 114 the truth is they just dont care about us european’s any more just trying to make it big in the USA so yeah they lie alot to us and make lots of Broken Promises and then just give very poor excuese when stuff doesn’t turn up on store or is delayed for months at a go, if you look at posts over christmas time there was one saying big new update to store today for plus users but where is it now its next week maybe we will see but probably not haha they take us for fools and idiots but they are time to get real answers to what people ask here not just BLAH BLAH BLAH poor answers and excuses.

Hi Jawad,

In the post, there’s a “Mass Effect 3: Earth Pack DLC (£2.39/€2.99)”. Was that a mistake? Is something different from the free multiplayer DLC Mass Effect 3: Earth launched in July?

Thanks

@superpatchy66

Like I said on the other thread (Jan Sale thread).

Wait till February as it is the Vita’s 1st Birthday!!

I bet you we will see Vita/PSP stuff on sale over that period ;-)

CoolRichy008UK 09 January, 2013 @ 16:09

Jawad Ashraf i just read on twitter that RETRO CITY RAMPAGE and the official website it will be out in the eu January 16th, 2013 and if you buy either ps3 version you get vita vesion free or other way round

this is for all who keeps asking when its out

ITS OUT NEXT WEEK finally.

(GTA5 march 2013) <<< official news 90% sure

supersmith2500 09 January, 2013 @ 16:11

Will repeat the question again once and once only.

To Fred or Jawad or even Chris:
Is Imaginsturments supposed to be out today or not? It is on the PSN Store and I cannot download it what so ever. Please look into it. Thank you.

(PS: News on white Vita yet since the US has it last year?)

130.1

This issue is now fixed. If you re-download, it should work fine. Apologies for the hiccup.

The_Last_Ninja 09 January, 2013 @ 16:16

@Jawad
You should really consider removing the link to the US PSN at the top of the page.

When I see January Contenet:
Retro City Rampage free for PSN+ (not available in Europe)
SSFIV AE free for PSN+
NBA Jame FE free for PSN+ (not available in all EU PSN)

I am really wondering if the people in Sony Europe really like videogames, and how they are not able to strike the same deals as in US.
Because it s one thing not being able of arguing with Capcom or EA for the “small” Sony Europe to get sales from them, but come one man, Brian Provinciano he is a one guy company….

131.1

Well, it’s a funny thing. If you read the US Blog, it’s full of people asking the US team why they can’t get the EU Plus content. And, seemingly, the reverse is true over here. So it seems we can’t win :) We’ll just keep doing our best to bring you the most entertaining content we can, and hopefully you’ll enjoy it. We’ve some great stuff lined up for the next few months – hold tight.

Would it be possible to get the classic Mega man games in PS EU (and I’m not talking about Megaman 9, 10 nor Maveric Hunter X for Vita)? Even some import version with Japanese language would do just fine. Thanks for good blog! :)

someone obviously completely forgot about Vita… and then they wonder why it doesn’t sell well…

well – I’ll go back and play some more Lumines then…

wish there were ports of some of the PS2 games for Vita, especially Amplitude and Frequency… ehhh… I can dream on :)

shadowwolf341 09 January, 2013 @ 16:21

hi guys can any tell me about anarchy reigns is it gonna be psn 2 download plz can anyone reply

@The_Last_Ninja

Joining PS Plus in January:
2nd January – Bioshock 2
2nd January – Guardians of Middle Earth
2nd January – Mortal Kombat – excluding Australia and Germany
2nd January – Gotham City Imposters – Australia and Germany only
16th January – Jet Set Radio (PS Vita)
23rd January – Pinball Arcade (PS Vita)

ENJOY :-)

Also could you answer if ps3 is going to be getting Minecraft its a game thousands of ps3 owners are missing out on, i have it on xbox and pc but i dont use those often, im always on ps3, i would sell my xbox 360 if minecraft came on psn, so please say yes see ya deano…………………………………..

PS+ in the EU is SOOOO much better than the US content IMHO!!

I also have many US PSN friends and they are always moaning at me and saying our PS+ service (in the EU) is loads better than the US’s offerings ;-)

Will ps vita ever get ps2 classics?

shadowwolf341 09 January, 2013 @ 16:29

anarchy reigns anarchy reigns is it gonna be available 4 downloading anarchy reigns !!!!!!! cant wait

CS GO out next week and about time as well

Sooo…. where’s the Mass Effect 3 DLC I see nothing or are you folks just enjoy pulling my leg?

@29 I play the beta from December, Santa Monica send me the code i register from ps blog and they announced the beta wll be available today for plus! That not mean plus is ruubbish ! They need early players so when beta is available for everyone to run smooth witnout problems! They already make alot updates this one month. In every beta happen this and you know something not everyone visit the IGN lol. One more tning only people never play GOW they call GOW beta terrible! is hard when first start to play but when level goes up unlock armour, magic, wepons and only if know how use this you became really good!

helder-paulino 09 January, 2013 @ 16:37

Hello I wanted to know If you have any information about the new Digimon Adventure game for PSP that will be released in 17th January.

Will be released on PS3?
Will it be for free by PS Plus for PSP?

Please answer it.

Can we get Pinball Arcade DLC put on sale in time for it coming to plus?

No Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force for PS Vita?
I know it’s the first update of the month (although the second Wednesday).
But, is this going to be a case of it being released the 30th?
Previous statements regarding titles being released in certain months are always on the last possible day to fulfil the statement of it being released in that month.

I like ‘Q-Force’, it’s far better than ‘All 4 One’.
But I’d like the opportunity to play it on my PS Vita.

On a related note, absolutely no where on the PS3 versions packaging, or on the “how to…” slip inside does it state that the PS Vita version isn’t available until Jan 2013.
It’s not until you activate it and the PS3 Store page tells you.

Not a good start to ’13. Not that I expected any different.
The EU userbase haven’t had a good time with digital content for a few years now.
But with the lacklustre December offerings, and the plethora of complaints and moaning here today, it looks like business as usual for the EU Store.

...Show full comment

No Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force for PS Vita?
I know it’s the first update of the month (although the second Wednesday).
But, is this going to be a case of it being released the 30th?

I like ‘Q-Force’, it’s far better than ‘All 4 One’.
But I’d like the opportunity to play it on my PS Vita.

It’s not until you activate it and the PS3 Store page tells you.

Not a good start to ’13. Not that I expected any different.

Nice dodge of my dawnguard question Fred well done

146.1

Didn’t see that! Anything Dawnguard-related is a question for the developer/publisher Bethesda. SCEE will make it available when it’s ready, but we have no involvment in development.

I’m not seeing the ME 3 DLC?

@ Fred : If that’s the case then why don’t both the US and EU regions work together to ensure they are able to secure the same content offerings. Surely having EU Plus owners questioning their content and US Plus owners questioning their content. The is a no win situation is really a solution for anyone be it yourselfs or the regions owners of plus. I’d like to see a more constructive approach like working with neighbours to ensure the offering are the same regardless of region.

Are these any plans on releasing NAX Music Player in the west? And what about CS:GO?

SONY any chance of giving me everything for free? :D & pay for my bills to? Thanks… :D
Anyway, any new ‘PlayStation All-Stars’ stuff coming soon on PSN? Love that game(even tho someone called me a ‘big n00b’ online for no reason today(unless he has seen me naked…) :D GOD i do despise online people(well some of them) i really do & only bother playing online to get Trophies anyway) Oh well:)

150.1

Sure, send ’em over! ;)

When you bought ratchet n clank q force look underneath game disc icon there should be 2 disc show up click on bottom one and download it and transfer to ps vita

“DeadNot sure what the Ascension Multiplayer will play like”
@Catkiller1

I really like it.I’ve been in since december and I played it solid until the servers went down for christmas.
There is a learning curve that could frustrate,especially if your opponent knows the combat.But if it clicks it’s a lot of fun,and is unique by today’s mp offerings.

Ok I’ll ask again.i thought we were getting dawnguard in January where is it.

153.1

Again, that’s a question only Bethesda can answer

Having seen many others before me ask without response, I guess it is frivolous for me to ask on the whereabouts of the Vita Netflix app, but I shall anyway…

What’s going on with the Vita Netflix app (please)?

I have asked this question a number of times myself, not only to the blog but also to Netflix UK, both companies have failed to answer me. Please, can’t somebody shed a little bit of light? Even if it’s not going to happen, at least we’ll all know.

Thank you, hope you enjoyed your festive breaks.

154.1

Sorry, but I don’t have any news on this to pass on. If I hear something from Netflix, I’ll let you all know.

New year,same SCEE (CENSORED)

is the ME3 dlc a mistake? I’m not seeing anything on the store, or on the Bioware forums..

156.1

Turns out this is in-game only, so be sure to check it through the game.

Yes its true. In the US-Blog they complain even more and envy the european content. But not the complainers are wrong…

Sony is. Because in Steam sales you dont see people complaining. Only about the amount of games in their library and that they cant play them all at once.

So to say the customer is at fault for complaing is ridiculous.

Like, see Might & Magic – Clash of Heroes. Its now coming to Android/iOS for 2$. In PSN Store its 15eur. Same for the GTA games and everything else.

Why does Sony make it so easy for Steam and Android to take the videogame market over?

Happy New Year :) Now I was wondering when the Rachet and Clank Vita version will be released? :P And as much as I love it the lack of Vita tiles that are known to be new for the vita this year? :/ It certainly has plenty for games but I want to know what is going on in the next 6 months or so in terms of games :p

158.1

We’ll have a confirmed date for you very soon – stay tuned.

Thanks, Jawad

supersmith2500 09 January, 2013 @ 17:09

@Fred:
Cools, finally downloading it, Thanks Fred. ^^

Hello!
Will “Parappa the Rapper” and “Heart of Darkness” come out on PSOne classics?

Why is there no PS+ discount on the Farming Collection bundle (Harvest Moon + Innocent Life)?

@Jawad
Welcome back. Just two questions for you.
Q1 – When could we be seeing more Rocksmith songs?
Q2 – Will we be able to pre-order Dead Space 3 like the americans?

@Fred
A little reply to you from me at your reply to comment 131. :D
Your right about the US complains we get better stuff and EU complains us gets the better stuff. I wouldn’t say it seems we cant win cos it sure looks like we’re already in the lead. lol. Only problem is that most people in EU would already have bought the games (like me) but I still think we have the better stuff and on the bright side I have games to play this month which i never played before.

Show full comment

@Jawad
Welcome back. Just two questions for you.
Q1 – When could we be seeing more Rocksmith songs?
Q2 – Will we be able to pre-order Dead Space 3 like the americans?

@Fred
A little reply to you from me at your reply to comment 131. :D

Perhaps if there was a way to allow people to make a selection between the EU and US no-matter which their account is in. I think when someone buys ps+ maybe they should have an option to choose between EU or US until it expires without making a new account. Don’t see that being possible but was just a thought like and could help prevent so many from complaining. They would finally get what they want and realise the mistake they made switching to the US. lol

another_gamer195 09 January, 2013 @ 17:18

PS plus is Bad for US customers, PS plus is Bad for EU customers. equals can’t win, myself i would pick US one, as there games seem to Not be as good, meaning i probably wouldn’t of allready bought them, and wouldn’t face disappointing updates telling me i would be getting something i had allready had, reason i let my plus lapse, Main reason i would pick US is their discounts, Whatever the US bloggers are complaining at regarding worst games, they seem content, well quite enough equaling same thing. about the amount of discounts on new psn/ps3 releases. I really dont know what to say to people who believe the opposite, i mean ‘you mustn’t have spent much on games’ ISn’t right, But i really don’t see any other reason why anyone prefers EU plus, instead of US plus. Give me discounts like the US get and i would resub immediately, and not even care what was in the (lol, imo) IGC offerings.

Still waiting for PSN Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus…
It’s been two months since XBLA managed to release that game pretty much worldwide:
UK & 7 other countries (24/Oct/2012), then 21 other countries (9/Nov/2012).

On PSN it’s just slowly trickling out one country at a time, so far only two countries:
Japan (1/Nov/2012), then USA (4/Dec/2012).

Guessing nobody still has any idea when it might finally arrive here?
I won’t be surprised if I’m asking the same thing in another couple of months time. -_-

Hi,

Is there any news on when Netflix will be available for Vita?

Why can’t I purchase Jet Set Radio unlock from Store?
Says “There are no items you can purchase at this time”

I’ve downloaded the demo, pressed “unlock full game” etc.
I REALLY HATE this new store!

“You can’t even your own promise and it seems you don’t care:
“Posted on 7 January, 2013 at 9:30 am by Fred Dutton

Posted on 9 January, 2013 at 3:29 pm by Fred Dutton
Hmmm… I don’t see a promise in that statement you’ve quoted. Rest assured, there will be Vita discounts coming over the next few months”

What the… There was lots of hinting early December that SCEE would give PSVita some love soonish/updating the 9th January festival sales as SCEA gave PS+ USA some great deals on LBPVita, Escape Plan etc. And now this is the new statement?

Show full comment

“You can’t even your own promise and it seems you don’t care:
“Posted on 7 January, 2013 at 9:30 am by Fred Dutton

Posted on 9 January, 2013 at 3:29 pm by Fred Dutton

Come on Fred, can’t serious. Next FEW MONTHS? First skipping the most important sales month of the year, December that is, keeping everyone on the edge of their seats for some PSVita love early 2013 with Festival sales (with statements like ‘coming soon’ by Chris) and now the statement is ‘next FEW MONTHS’? Really? MANAGING EXPECTATIONS GUYS, freaking get on it. This is (CENSORED) me off big time.

“You can’t even your own promise and it seems you don’t care:
“Posted on 7 January, 2013 at 9:30 am by Fred Dutton

Posted on 9 January, 2013 at 3:29 pm by Fred Dutton

What teh… There was lots of hinting early December that SCEE would give PSVita some love soonish/updating the 9th January festival sales as SCEA gave PS+ USA some great deals on LBPVita, Escape Plan etc. And now this is the new statement?

Show full comment

“You can’t even your own promise and it seems you don’t care:
“Posted on 7 January, 2013 at 9:30 am by Fred Dutton

Posted on 9 January, 2013 at 3:29 pm by Fred Dutton

Come on Fred, can’t serious. Next FEW MONTHS? First skipping the most important sales month of the year, December that is, keeping everyone on the edge of their seats for some PSVita love early 2013 with Festival sales (with statements like ‘coming soon’ by Chris) and now the statement is ‘next FEW MONTHS’? Really? MANAGING EXPECTATIONS GUYS, freaking get on it. This is p!ss!ng me off big time

In regards to Netflix, they recently updated their support pages and think the app is out here on Vita – http://support.netflix.com/en/node/1458#gsc.tab=0

When “Demon’s Souls” for EU will be available?

shadowwolf341 09 January, 2013 @ 17:51

im i gonna get the info 4 the anarchy reigns i asked 4 again is anarchy reigns available psn 2 download

Why Lord of the Rings: The War in the North in US Store $19.99, and 999 RUR (33$) in Russian store?

#171 January 23 2013

Please add “the getaway” and “the getaway : black monday” on the store. This has been requested a few times now. I dont understnd the problem since its a sony title.

Please reply so that i can acknowledge that you have seen the post.

de3bs0