PlayStation Plus: What sort of content do you want?

PS-Plus-1024x576

Now that all the Christmas madness is out of the way, I thought it would be a good time to take stock of all the great games we’ve hosted in the Instant Games Collection over the past few months, and then look forward to the future.

Since June 2012 the IGC has boasted incredible titles such as Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Crysis 2, Batman: Arkham City and, most recently, Sleeping Dogs.

We always do our best to provide a range of titles to suit everyone’s tastes, while also satisfying the general needs of the PlayStation Plus service. Below, using my wizardly Excel skills, I’ve put together a chart showing the genre split for all IGC content since June 2012.

IGC Graph

So, let’s talk about the future! We’re always listening to our subscribers and want to find out more about the sort of content that drives you to be a Plus member. Essentially, we want to know what you would like to see in the service over the coming months.

So with that in mind, I’ve put together a little poll. We’d really appreciate it if you took a couple of minutes to tell us the types of games that you want to see in the IGC in the future. Feel free to vote for more than one genre.

The poll will come down on 21st February, at which point I’ll collate and share the results.

*The titles listed are examples only and not guaranteed to be in the Plus service at any time.

453 Comments
1 Author replies

Action Adventure + RPG

And where is the poll? :)

2.1

Sorry everyone! Gremlins were at work here! The poll is now live!

I would like to see more sports game s such as say NBA 2k12 for free or NHL12 or 11

Positronic_Brain 14 February, 2013 @ 10:06

I miss the avatars for Plus users. While they aren’t driving factors for the service, they were very nice little extras to the suscription.

Some open world RPG, maybe Dragons Dogma? :) Something that will last for hooooours (like RDR)

more quality RPGs like demon’s souls, persona 4 golden and ni no kuni please! by the way, where is the poll?

WalkingSilentz 14 February, 2013 @ 10:07

I’d like to see a couple more games for the Vita… I understand there aren’t that many as of yet, in turn making it hard to give games away without exhausting the list in a couple of months, I don’t really use my PS3 that often so my Vita is the only way I use my PS+

I can’t see the poll. Where is it?

more racing games please .

I’d like to see a bit more DLC like we used to and avatars like a guy suggested above.. Other than that I’ve been happy with the content.

More PSOne Classics, PS2, Avatars and smaller games.
How about more games that have upcoming sequels? Great way to get people interested.

The problem i find is that its a great service for those who dont play many games when they launch but for me soo far, all the big hitters mentioned above, i have already brought and finished by the time they end up on plus. I imagine i speak for many plus members there?

So the games are fine but maybe newer stuff if possible? A long shot i imagine but just my opinion!

I would like to see more rpg games

Also what about including a few movie rentals each month? Either like x number of films of our choice, or put one or two select films up for us to rent under the plus price

First up, this is a great post, the service so far has been phenomenal and it’s good to add a little bit of community input to keep things going forward.

I’d personally like to see PS1/PSP classics added to the Vita rotation. There’s lots of PSone games I’d like to try on the system, as well as PSP games I never got a chance to play, or would like to play again (thinks of Crash Bandicoot, and MotorStorm Arctic Edge as examples).

Another idea is to maybe have notice of this month’s and the next month’s games- this might be difficult to implement but I think this is how Plus originally started and gave us less reason to worry about buying a game and getting shafted, which is particularly important for the Vita service right now.

Show full comment

Specific game suggestions: I’m thinking a LEGO game might be nice, but other than that I’m out of ideas so I’ll leave it to you guys to surprise (as you usually do- Sleeping Dogs WOW). Oh- maybe Dead Space 1? I really want the first since getting the second for free.

Call of Duty Black ops Declassified (AU) Call of duty (Either World at war,Black ops 2,or MW2/Mw3 playstation all stars battle royal, (Discounted Maps like black ops map packs) fallout new vages/fallout 3

more RPGs, a PSP jRPG on the Vita now and then would be nice.
maybe less shooters & action games to balance it more evenly across all fields :/

How about a free film ever so often in stead of free games?

RPG’s

Oh, PS2 games and avatars- also awesome.

One thing that really bugs me about the Plus dynamic themes though is they use old icons, even new ones don’t use the correct PSP save icon (only the Journey theme does), if someone could get onto that, OCD me would be happy.

I’ll agree on the Avatars and Themes for Plus users, I’d like to have a few every month. Doesn’t need to be 20, simply 5 per month would do, I believe.

Anyways, Chris, I understand that the number of shooters given is high since most of the catalogue consists of them. But I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of great titles you guys can look at. And genres — a but more of fighting games wouldn’t be a bad idea :)

(Also, Fred, I hope you read this. There’s something really important I sent to the PSN ID I’ve seen you post here a few times. Sorry to call you out but it’s really important.)

The AAA games, dynamic themes and services like pushing updates is what makes me appreciate PS+ I’m not really interested in the PSN games. Most of them just are not fun enough. I would like to see Home integrated in to PS+ I also would like to see free stuff every week. I also think it would be better if we could choose 3 PS3 exclusives out of all PS3 games that were released 6 months before you subscribe instead of the Motorstorm, LBP and Infamous 2 game you can get all year.

A good JRPG would be nice for those plusers who’ve never played one before, either that it some more action/adventure games but please clamp down on the amount of shooters

On a side note a few more first party titles would be nice too

First up, thanks for fixing the poll thingy! ;)

More RPG, racing, platforming… and since I already owned 4/5 of all the games offered on Plus so far, I simply stopped buying PS3 games altogether until you finally catch up with your release schedule.

Maybe you could offer more (bigger?) discounts on dlc and/or new games, because the way you do it now, digital downloads are more often than not more expensive than boxed retail copies…

Shunt RPG up to third place in last year’s poll results, and that’s pretty much how I’d prioritise the kind of games I’d like to see in the IGC.

Incidentally, like @Positronic_Brain I also miss the handful of avatars we used to get each month. Particularly now it’s so difficult to browse through avatars in the new PlayStation Store. Heck, I’d like to give you money for avatars but I don’t have the time to manually scroll through thousands that can’t be sorted by game any more.

Guys, let us change our online display PSN ID. We can do it on other platforms, there is no reason why it can also be done on Playstation, especially through a premium service such as the PS+

Must say it’s already a great service. Would like to see the walking dead game episodes on here, like you did with Sam & max and back to the future. Keep up the good work :)

I would really love for the classic road rash from the mega drive made for the ps3. such an awesome game. should have been made years ago.

RPGs Absolutely!

Slightly off topic, but for those of us with a ‘vita only’ subscription, perhaps you could provide a couple of psp or ps1 games (instead of ps3 games).

yeah more vita games will be awesome ,little big lets say :)

whiteboy38rams 14 February, 2013 @ 10:42

I start a thread up on the store forum titled Playstion Plus instant game wish list , did it a few days ago

woestijnkroket 14 February, 2013 @ 10:43

how about adding horror genre Tnx

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 14 February, 2013 @ 10:43

The value of content added to the Instant Game Collection (IGC) is without a doubt much better than it was before June 2012 my opinion. I feel the service really stepped up its game from November 2011 onwards.

I would love to see the return of PSOne/PS2 Classics, but only if they add a new ‘slot’ to the IGC rather than replace an existing one. A slot dedicated to PSP games would be pretty cool as well.

I think you can tell by your excel chart we dont need anymore shooters for a good long while (never for me, closest I get to a shooter is l.a. noire lol).
Jrpgs… and unfinished swan. There isnt alot out at the moment I havent got (that I think id like anyway) still meaning to try the new dmc demo… hmm well no complaints here really just keep up the good work and at least even out the shooters with some rpgs :) (tales of… series would be nice :p) oh and so agreed with those who asked for some psone and ps2 games, although there needs to be a load of new ones first cause I own all I want on psn at the moment. Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 1& Chronicle would be nice to go with the launch of Ni No Kuni…? :) also shadow hearts, ffx, kh 1&2, Fahrenheit (from quantic dream) etcetc

I would like a mixture of content like the first year. My reasons are because after this years content, apart from filling up my 320gb hard drive, and have had to delete some games until I’m ready to play them, I feel I have been forced to stop purchasing games on the store cos I’m worried about filling my hard up , so that it would stop me from getting ps plus content

I think the PlayStation Plus service already offers superb value and hope it continues to provide such excellent content for subscribers. The only things I would modify; as already addressed, Plus was rather heavy on the shooters for a few months, but that changed this month. I’d like to see some free, premium DLC for retail games; it could encourage owners to buy the game so they can get a £12 DLC pack for free. Also, is it feasibly to include films/tv shows in the Plus content, or is there license problems with doing that? Great service though, I recommend it to anyone not already a user.

The hard thing to balance is that youre dealing with a variety of people with different tastes. I personally would love to see more RPGs and Strategy games ala Disgaea/Valkyria Chronicles/X-Com but they would probably be too niche.

Dosentortellini 14 February, 2013 @ 10:48

i would like borderlands 1 or dragon age 1 or 2 !
off topic:
DEAR MODS,
ARE WE GETTING ALL 3 SKYRIM DLC’S ON 27TH OF FEBRUARY? I REALLY CANT WAIT LONGER! HEARTHFIRE, I NEED YOU NOOW!
OTHER QUESTION: IS IT POSSIBLE THAT U GUYS TELL US WHY CS:GO ISNT RELEASE SINCE 6 MONTHS?
THANK YOU!
PS: I WANT THAT U GUYS ANSWER ALL (!) MY QUESTIONS! <3

Flip sake… PLEASE NO MORE SHOOTERS… all you people who just go after shooters all the time are killing the innovation of the industry and my love for gaming. I couldn’t be bothered playing games for 3 months and then ni no kuni came along and it revitalised my love for it.

Marrsterhausen 14 February, 2013 @ 10:49

Parity across all regions, one global store with the same games, fairly priced & released simultaneously. Microsoft can do it so why can’t SONY. PS4 has to deliver this…

I’d like to see more GOTY editions for games please. Like you did with RE5 gold. like people have said it is a bit annoying when you get a game you’ve already played but if that game had all the dlc then everyones happy.

I voted for adventure & RPG Plus shooters.

But never mind the games how about features like cloud gaming for plus members for ps3? Or is that going to be just a ps4 exclusive if so some-one had Lied. Because they talk in a interview that cloud gaming will be on ps3 & other platforms.

Ohh I like this post. Will it be a monthly thing?

I hope your still trying for SSX as ever since you mentioned it I cant stop thinking about it. lol. It would been nice to use each of them genres so say one month you do puzzle and racing then the month after that do a shooter and sport and so on. After each genre has been done then can repeat but mix it up in a different order, etc.

I’m not so into the sport games and fighting games but am willing to try them out. Well some driving games too but split/second would be a nice driving game to have.

Germany and OZ already got Gotham City Imposters but would be nice if we could get it too.

For RPG I see you have Ni No Kuni in the brackets, haha that would be class to have :P but of course it will be too early for it but perhaps someday it would been a nice game

I think we need RPGs. I don’t even want to play shooters or platformers anymore. Action/Adventure maybe, but definitely not shooters.

To be honest, just keep doing what you are doing, fantastic job so far. For the Vita I’d like to see something RPG(ish) or Zelda-like. But I really can’t think what that would be at the moment though the choice is a bit limited.

For PS3 I already have a huge backlog but please no more shooters, again RPG’s would be great, platformers, racers.

I’d love a mix of all of the Genres.
Borderlands 2, Ni no Kuni, Gotham City Impostors and Angry Birds.

And a DLC sale please :)
For Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Assassin’s Creed series and other games with multiple DLCs

More Vita content. I play my Vita more than my 360 or PS3 these days – PS3 seems to get much more Plus content than the Vita – and I download most of that, but I just can’t get the time to sit in front of telly as much as I did before we had kids. It’s be nice to see 3 or 4 Vita PS+ additions a month. So far I’ve pretty much owned all the Vita PS+ stuff but have used the opportunity to convert it to digital from disk. Be good to do that with Most Wanted too. Personally, I’d like to see Fifa 13 and Super Star Dust HD next – something I don’t have.

Echo the above poster – parity across all regions in terms of price and content – like the Apple App Store. It’s disheartening to see games significantly more expensive in the UK than USA. And digital downloads should be cheaper than retail discs/carts by a fair margin, not more expensive. I end up paying more for the convenience of not needing to swap carts, both in price per game and in cost per memory card.

RPGs please, and some DLC. Thanks!

Games I would like to see are the smaller games I’ve missed. I tend not to have much time so I read IGN and just tend to go for the games the have a 8.5+ score. I really enjoyed playing knytt underground and would never of played that had it not been on PS+. Thank you for that! So just game that you think need more recognition that the press have skipped which you think would be worthwhile for us to play. It’s not necessary about genre, just good taste and spreading the word.

Yes that too what marrsterhausen said global store be great For all. :)

Chris, had you thought about including Castlevania: Lords of Shadow in the IGC, especially since a sequel is on it’s way to be released this year?

Here a link of said interview:

I’d like to see HD-ified classics like Jak, Ratchet and Clank, Ico, SotC, etc. Or some from the non-HD PS2 collection, for that matter.
I’d also like to see more RPGs. Ni no Kuni next month on PS+, right, guys? ;)

You should not have put Call of Duty as an example Shooter, because now that category will win and there’s 0% chance that Call of Duty will ever be on PS+.

I voted for Action/Adventure, RPG and Racing :P

I voted RPG. You dont get much RPG content on PS+

Hey Chris,

Can I add an additional option for the poll along the lines of,

Rather than a genre, Id like the store to be actually functional so I can access my playstation plus content.

Not being malicious, just having real trouble over the past month or so actually accessing the store.

Hi, I would to see more vita content.

I know the library isn’t that extensive but, besides the two monthly games, perhaps a Bonus psp game for the vita or a good mini?

That would round up the month nicely with a release on the final week of the month. (This month would end up with the 3 Ps3 titles on the 6th, then two vita games on the 13th and 20th and a bonus game on the 27th…)

I’d like PSOne games. Also some PSP games would be nice.

In terms of genres I really don’t care. It’s great to have a good mix of things as we do now.

I believe the following should be added to the IGC:

-RPGs, particularly crazy JRPGs! For example, gems like Valkyria Chronicles, which nowadays I can’t find at retail.
-Indie games.
-Platformers, 2D or 3D.
-Some funny sports games, like SSX, not annual franchises like FIFA.

And, may I request some TV shows or Films, even if they are not games?

Robinworldwide 14 February, 2013 @ 11:14

Great initiative!! :)

It’s weird that in the comments i rarely see anyone asking for shooters, if anything i see most people not wanting them, yet the shooter genre is tight in second place. Opposite to that a lot of people (me included) are asking for rpg’s, yet i can’t even see it on the chart. I sure hope the poll is functioning well because imho we got moooore than enough shooters already!

NoFate-1982-UK 14 February, 2013 @ 11:18

I’d like to see more FREE map packs & add ons. I.e. COD, LBP etc. stuff that never has been or will be free to non PS+ users.

I think you need to include some RPG content and maybe some platformers.

I’d love to see the following games though:

Sonic Generations
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows
Dragon Age
Eternal Sonata
Demon Souls

If i get one of those next week I’ll be happy!

Thanks chris this is the kind of input that plus members have been looking to give.

To be honest the last few months have been pretty mixed with content types which is ideal, 3 different genres in a month is the best way to go in my own opinion that way there should always be something for everyone.

Btw if you can get it disgaea 3 would be great addition for vita igc :)

Keep up the good work ;)

Carnivius_Prime 14 February, 2013 @ 11:21

Choosing genres doesn’t work for me. For example I love Street Fighter but hate Mortal Kombat, I love LittleBigPlanet but I hate Sonic.

I’m still waiting for Super SFIV Arcade Edition like the US got a couple months ago.

To be honest I haven’t enjoyed the majority of Plus freebies such as all the ones mentioned in early in the topic (such as RDR, Batman, Crysis, Borderlands and so on). I still find Plus great value for the few games that come free that I have loved (Motorstorm Apocalypse, LBP2, Infamous 2, R&C All for One, Sly Cooper and even PSN titles such as Double Dragon Neon) and the automatic updates and cloud saving have become essential to my usage of my PS3.

Also I wouldn’t mind a bit knocked off my monthly Netflix subscription if possible.

Please DO NOT add PS1 or PSP games to the Vita PS+ service.
I own a Vita because I want to play Vita games.

As for the PS3 service. Full retail games are the way to go. Only add PSN titles if they are really good standout games.

*this is my opinion ;-)

more adventure and rpg please for the love of god do not put that terrible game on it called call of duty that is just realy poor and does not deserve the rite to be in this vote infact i dont think it belongs any where

maby god of war series since gowa is out in march

RPG’s. Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning would be appreciated!

get ppl into the story

almighty-slayer 14 February, 2013 @ 11:26

Voted for… everything! A broad range of titles is what i want, and to be honest, if it’s free, i’ll give anything a go :)

Keep up the good work, Chris

I would prefer a mixture of platforms again.

It would be nice if we could receive 2 PS3 titles, 1 PSN Title, 1 VITA title & 1 PSone Title every month.

I’m not that bothered on genre but it would be nice to see more RPGs included & obscure titles like Catherine, 3D Dot Heroes, No More Heroes, Asura’s Wrath & Okami HD.

It would be great if you could secure roughly 4 PS3 Full titles every month & we have a choice of which 2 will enter our PLUS month, by submitting a Poll like this one. It would be great also if a title is within a SALE, then it won’t enter the PLUS service for at least 3 months.

Other than that the PLUS subscription is fantastic value.

Kind Regards

It would be awesome if there somehow is a way to know more in advance what games are coming up next. I know it must be part of the strategy and to keep the price for subscription so low, but the past triple A games that came on I already played earlier. I would be more than happy to wait if I had known. Also, would be willing to pay a few bucks more to build the service out into a sort of Netflix/Spotify thing.

I voted for RPG. If Ni no Kuni comes on IGC. Im going to be awake for the whole day just to download that top game. This month was Sleeping dogs which is a incredible game!

Spec Ops: The Line

woestijnkroket 14 February, 2013 @ 11:28

Definitely RPGs – I’d love some RPGs on Vita. The psp RPG back catalogue is phenomenal but most of them seem to be around £20 each…

RPGs!

More RPG, less FPS, please! And more exclusives and less multiplatform, if you don’t mind.

And more 75% discounts like in US!

>>everybody wants more rpgs but the problem is there arent much rpgs on the ps3 to begin with.

More than enough, actually. From Yakuza and Resonance of Fate to Ni No Kuni, Neptunia, Tales of and many, many more.

That is, if you don’t hate jRPGs, of course.

I thnk you are doing a very good job at this time and because alot of USA plus user are quite jelous of us EU user contents.

I hope you maybe able to persuade Sega to get the Yakuza series and Valkyria Chronicles for plus users.

Robinworldwide 14 February, 2013 @ 11:39

Whoops my bad…i didn’t read well and figured the chart was the votes up till now, but now i see it’s a chart about what we got over the last few months!!

Once again, great initiative!!

‘Western’ RPGs like Kingdoms of Amalur, Fallout etc would be great. Sim-style racers: would be good to get some use out of my logitech wheel! PSP games would be welcome in addition to native vita games, but would probably be unpopular as a replacements.
Thanks for asking!

I said this before on the store update
post, but I’ll state it here again.
(And expand on my earlier post somewhat.)

I would like to see some “indie gems”
each month. Limbo was a great example
of this. The Unfinished Swan, Datura
(or Linger in Shadows), From Dust
and Dyad would all be solid choices.

“Packs” of classic game series would
be quite nice too. (eg. God Of War Saga
/ Metal Gear / Team ICO / OddBoxx)

So I’m all for the new and quirky
(or older but still great) stuff.
You’re doing great on the Vita content
as far as I’m concerned. For the “big
hitters”: Max Payne and Dishonored
would be excellent!

Here’s one last though: Dust 514 content
or aurum packs or “subscriptions”
included into the Plus membership
would be quite a deal too.

I said this before on the store update
post, but I’ll state it here again.
(And expand on my earlier post somewhat.)

I would like to see some “indie gems”
each month. Limbo was a great example
of this. The Unfinished Swan, Datura
(or Linger in Shadows), From Dust
and Dyad would all be solid choices.

“Packs” of classic game series would
be quite nice too. (eg. God Of War Saga
/ Metal Gear / Team ICO / OddBoxx)

So I’m all for the new and quirky
(or older but still great) stuff.
You’re doing great on the Vita content
as far as I’m concerned. For the “big
hitters”: Max Payne and Dishonored
would be excellent!

Here’s one last though: Dust 514 content
or aurum packs or “subscriptions”
included into the Plus membership
would be quite a deal too.

supersmith2500 14 February, 2013 @ 11:45

Few platformers, RPG’s and of course Racing games and F1 Race Stars is the only title that’s in that genre. Also, I think we already had enough shooters and not please, no multilayer only games. Why, because some are free and people don’t even play them.

I’m hoping for something like GTA, don’t want to buy that again.

More RPG’s would be nice. :)

I’d like to see a balance of all genres but looking at the chart above I think more racing games are in order.
I can see why people want RPGs but I personally find there are so many games to play that I am reluctant to make a start on massive, time consuming games. For that reason I would not like to see an increase in RPG or open world games.

As a further point, how about something beyond games? I would love to see some level of Music Unlimited subscription included in PS Plus.

PSP RPG’s like Persona 1, 2 and 3 or Trails in the sky.

I went with “Games I don’t already have”. That’s a doable option, right?

I like a mixed bag of everything, as long as its less shooters than its up till now!

Plus: make sure the PSVita also gets content that is well reviewed. Not only in the instant game collection and the monthly games but also in the sales.

SCEE gave LittleBigPlanet Vita for around 18 bucks for PS+ members at the Xmas sale, SCEA gave a PSVita sale 2 months after mods said a sale would be ‘coming soon’ and it had bad games, games that were in rebate already shortly before for the same price or games that have been given away for free with PS+ or are even given away next week (Lumines…).

So as long as its less FPS and more of the rest of the genres I am fine. A game like SSX for PS3, for PSVita just something of the higher scoring games you need to push sales of that PSVita badly or 3rd party will stay away.

Meanwhile in PlayStation Plus USA…………. :(

Some RPG’s, platformers and action adventure games would be sweet. Also, the US seems to be getting PSP games for their vita, I think 1 additional PSP game per month would be a pretty sweet deal, to expose a new audience to those games?

I want Alice Madness Returns

dark souls,demon souls,dragons dogma,skyrim

Some love for PSP owners who are not fortunate enough to own a PS Vita yet would be very nice… Just saying! :D

DiscworldDeath 14 February, 2013 @ 11:59

Added “Strategy” to others. The other content is RPGs.

Wish we’d get some Strategy-RPGs. NA had Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions as part of their PS Vita PS+ collection, I got it now during the sale.

On that account, could you please get Jeanne D’Arc and Valkyrie Chronicles to the EU PS Store? NA has them, I want them.

Firstly I voted RPG. We badly need something, mass effect or dragon age 2 would be OK.

Secondly I can’t believe it let me vote when I wasn’t logged in. This should be limited to plus customers.

Thirdly I’d like to know how shooters aren’t the top genre. What have you classed as action/adventure?

Finally sleeping dogs has been fantastic.

It doesn’t really matter what sort of content is put up for instant game collection on PS+. All genres should be represented, because there’s always going to be somebody who will appreciate it.

What you really need to do is make sure Vita keeps being represented. Somehow Vita PS+ users have LOST content. Right now there’s only 3 games in the Instant Game Collection. This needs to be fixed.

Also what am I missing? I can’t find any poll to vote.

Please don’t go down the PSP route unless its either a very good game or in addition to vita stuff. Plus never came to the PSP and we should leave it that way for the most part

definitely need more rpgs. hopefully some jrpgs like white knight. something with depth. Most of the games are shooters and short

Anything with platinum trophies. I would love any of the Assasin Creeds too or some new avatars.

I’m a huge fan of shooters, but the amount we have had recently is just too much. I couldn’t face playing another shooter. I don’t class borderlands as a shooter, that game was awesome. Games like Crysis 2 that stop me getting the platinum unless I spend weeks playing online multiplayer are starting to bug me.

I’d love to see Demon’s Souls as a freebie. That would bring a lot of new players to the game for me to invade and kill. :D

Give the PSP some Love!

i voted for everything except sports and racing

sports games release ever year and most of them are mediocre except 5 or so
most racing games are boring and not worth their price unless they’re open world,arcade or excellent simulators like Gran Turimo 5
aswell as i voted 4 mp because i always wanted to play starhawk’s mp ,MAG and COD 4(didn’t buy them because they’re old and probably have a few amount of players left)

Action Adventure(uncharted, god of war)

I would love to see free film rentals each month of OUR choice.
If we could pick any film free from the library to watch that would be fantastic.

Would love to see some RPG’s! And SSX would be amazing too.

i have a ps3 instant game request which is catherine:)

I’d like more RPG content and Dead Island would be a nice addition to the service.

I love TPP games. Shooters, action games, RPGs, whatever. I don’t know why, but I just enjoy TPP games the most :)

This is a bit ‘out there’ as a suggestion, but I wanted to bring it up:

Is it possible to have PS Plus change from different games evey month, to a certain pool of games, of which you can have say 10 activated at a time. This way, if you join Plus, you could still access games that were on Plus before at the expense of games that are now added to Plus. You could also choose just the Psone/PSP/Vita games that have been on Plus if you have only a handheld, or vice versa if you have only a PS3. You also would be able to pick games instead of maybe the games on Plus being games you have already bought on PSN or at retail

As I say, I do realise that is a long shot, and maybe not as lucrative for publishers, but I was annoyed to miss out on Arkham City by a few days, and already own a fair amount of the Plus content that has become available (I’ve now sold my retail Sleeping Dogs, Uncharted Vita and Gravity Rush, but if you could choose the games it would be less hassle)

MordecaiHunter 14 February, 2013 @ 12:23

Voted RPG –

Less games that have a ton of added dlc that are needed to be bought to 100% a game !

With Germany getting binary domain does that mean the rest of us will never get it? I would have liked that at some point.

I think its about time countries like Germany were taken out of our plus region as it is unfair on everyone. They are getting thinks late and then preventing the rest of us getting things in the future.

ChuckDrunkSkunk 14 February, 2013 @ 12:25

it would be truly, truly amazing, if you would grace us pal users with parasite eve 1 from psone.

Please make it possible for PS+ members to change their online ID (alt leas one time). Many are stuck with a rushed choice they made years ago.

Keep up the great collection of games!

Nice to see so many people wanting more RPG’s and I’ll add myself to that list! Definitely needs to be a bit less FPS orientated and a more level balance across the genres as there’s so far been very little in the way of RPG’s, Racers or Platformers. Also keep the service the way it is, no going back to the days of PS1 games etc for the Vita side of things unless they’re added as a bonus on top of the current games, I own a Vita to play Vita games on. Also as a few others have suggested, maybe some free/reduced rentals on movies would be good & more 3D compatible content as I’ve just upgraded to a 3D Bravia and Arkham City looks stunning!!! :)

I’ll be glad if we receive some good RPGs titles.

jrpg! maybe not ninokuni (this game is worth buying) but something like Agarest would be nice. or 3d dot game heroes. I almost forgot about it. everything except shooters

I’d like to see DCL as part of plus. Free or discounted

I’d also like to see PSX and Minis return to the mix as these are suitable for both Vita and PS3, WIN WIN situation.

Avatars and themes are always welcome.

I liked the old style of PS+, the new version is great but lets face it , if you work full time and have other activities other than gaming in your life ( Spending time with your kids, sports, socializing) then your not going to get through all of the instant game collection. not to mention the amount of space it takes up. I ran out of space in the 1st month of the instant game collection. And i only downloaded 2 games, ( still not played them)

Yes flinging lots of games at us is great, But there is only so much you can download and play at any given time.

Voted :) RPG’s, Action Adventure and Platformers :). And Borderlands 2 seems more a shooter/rpg to me, not just a shooter. (I love Borderlands so I also voted for shooters)

Hi Chris

I think this is a good step in the right direction. What would be even better would be a section on the website where people can vote on specific games they would like to see free rather than the type of game. Obviously there will always be ones that you can’t get but you could have a top ten chart of the most wanted games and even if the number one game is not achievable providing the second and the third would still make people very happy :-) If a game isn’t available to vote on you could suggest it and it could be added as a game for others to vote for too. Thanks!

M3RL1NS_N3M3S1S 14 February, 2013 @ 12:42

While asking us what we want is great and a respected approach, your own research shows the bias towards 2 genres, balance is what’s needed, you have 2 genres listed that have no representation at all in the chart. i think the focus should be on turning that very steep slope into a more level surface ;) variety is the spice of life and all that :)

With PS Home now more focused on gaming i’d love to see it included in plus, sure there’s been a couple of promotions, but nothing long term, it needs to be a regular feature with games and exclusives, not just avatar accessories either ;) there are a lot of paid games in there now and a lot of potential to get more PS+ users into home making the home community stronger, it’d be win win including home in PS+.

Up-The-Millers 14 February, 2013 @ 12:42

I like to see assassin creed 3 , ghost recon avatars and final fantasy 13, final fantasy 13×2′, god of war collection
also it be good if we can choose free movie from video sore each month

RPG all the way!

PlayStation Plus needs more RPG content! Please. :)

I voted for RPGs. I keep crossed fingers for them.

I want more “free” avatars

I had a dream…

That Sega and Sony made Valkyria Chronicles a Plus freebie, added trophies to it, and converted VC2 and 3 to PS3 HD remakes.

More RPG’s and JRPGs please, this genre really needs a bit of loving :D

I voted for Action, Multiplayer and Fighting. As much as I love RPGs, I’d prefer to buy them so that I can support the developers, especially the japanese ones.

FinalFantasyDunk 14 February, 2013 @ 12:55

Merge the old style of plus with the new style of plus. A lot of people including myself liked the old way plus was but also like the new. Why not have a full PS3 game including avatars, a few themes, a Ps1 or 2 classic with a couple of other tidbits.

I voted more RPGs as we don’t get many of those, but like they have to be decent ones.

Thanks guys for allowing the feedback. :)

I would like to see some RPGs in PS+ like Dragon Age or Mass Effect. Also some hd collections might be good as well like God of War, Ratchet and Clank etc.

New little king story for the psVita =D.

I’m not too fussed about the genres you put up, I’m happy to try anything. I’d be more keen on you picking out some more hidden gems or games that I’d like to try but not enough to run out and buy. Something like Dragon’s Dogma or Demons’ Souls which seem interesting but not a must-buy.

Getting massive titles like Batman or RDR is brilliant but in reality I’ve already bought, played and enjoyed them so having a digital copy is but a small bonus.

Action Adventure

Bayonetta, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Assassin’s Creed: La Hermandad, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, L.A Noire, Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning, Darksiders 2, Hitman Absolution, DmC

We need more RPG’s; the two mentioned would be ideal and maybe Demon Souls.

Oh, and iv been hoping for Flower for awhile :)

I would like some new avatars. They never seem to be updated.

I think you guys are doing an amazing job with Plus.
The only games I don’t care for are often the brad new games you get like the F1 game this month. The quality of these games are often terrible.
The full blu-ray games are spot on. The rest is a mixed bag with hits and misses but mostly hits!
The Vita sellection stays a bit behind regarding big titels but I see it as a +.
RPG’s are the only games I miss.
A Move titels as an extra would be nice but not everyone has move so it should be added on now and then and could improve the sales of move controlers.

In adition, I don’t care for sport games, avatars or backgrounds.

i would love to see cod black ops declassified on vita ps plus because I bought the ps3 version for €60 when it came out and it would be nice to have some cod for on the go courtesy of ps+ :)

I like the way it is now. I don’t play every game that’s offered but as long as there’s variety in the selection, then it’s good the way it is. I wouldn’t have played Sleeping Dogs if it wasn’t for Plus, and I was surprised how good that game was. So that was a good choice.

You’re going to find it difficult to please everyone. But if it’s a racing title or Platform game one month, then whatever. Throw them all in. If it’s a game that I don’t usually play, then I’ll have to think it could be to someone else’s liking and accept it. You could vote for certain games in the same way your doing for this poll, it could help make your job a little easier.

anything with a story is good. we dont get many games that have a decent story. also open world games like sleepoing dogs are excellent.

what i would hate to see more of is multiplayers, sports and shooters
multiplayers are bad because by the time they can be given away on the igc there are barely any people still online. and i think im speaking for the majority of plus users but i like to collect trophies and multiplayers have bad trophies as they require things that are out of your control.
sports are bad because its a touchy area, you either love them or hate them and i dont think its a good idea to have something that can be so easily hated (i personally fall on hatred for them because i play games to enjoy things that arent possible for me to do in real life. sports you can go outside and do at anytime there is no place for them on the console)

what i would hate to see more of is multiplayers, sports and shooters
and shooters are a bad choice because most of them are all the exact same. the only unique shooter ive played is borderlands. the rest are fairly similar and short and people who subscribe to plus are not just casual gamers, most of us come to it for something new to experience, while shooters are barely ever a new experience
(comment continues to next comment)

games id like to see:
dragons dogma
borderlands 2
the walking dead
back to the future
lbp karting
skate 2
tales of graces f
prototype 2
saints row 3
dishonored
family guy game
and SKYRIM!

oh and say no to side scrollers!
they are not fun they are not entertaining and they are not even worth the download. i have so many 0%’s in my trophy list because of this that i am not happy about. i dont even bother downloading all those small games anymore to be honest.

This is a great idea. I would love to see games such as Ni No Kuni up for the IGC.

orange box pls!!! and a soccer sim, even outdated, to play at least offline (11 series)

Aww, it’s so hard to pick! I like pretty much every genre. I’ve not noticed many RPG’s up there, so it’s tempting to say that, but the only one I have missing is Ni No Kuni. Aaah, it’s a tough pick.

FPS – Killzone 3/ Battlefield Bad Company 2/ Call of Duty
Racing – Need For Speed/ Gran Turismo 5

My favorite would be RPG and action-advanture. Theres already quite alot of action-advanture for PS+ so would definetly like to see more RPG.

Personally one of the best things I have seen you guys do with Plus is offering these games that deserve far more than they got.
(I don’t really care about the genre any more, as long as it’s not shooter)

I mean potentially you could “indirectly” help these really good games such as Vanquish to reach potential audience.

Let’s face it, plenty of players just buy games based on the name or the cover because they lack the intellect or knowledge to buy the less know buy ultimately far better game.

With PlayStation plus Instant Game Library you guys have the power to introduce gamers to new series, IP’s and genres they might not have even considered otherwise.

Good call on the film idea. Would also encourage people who mostly use the PS3 as a home entertainment hub to sign up. One film a month would be a pretty good deal on its own. I’d happily lose a game for a film.

they lack the intellect or knowledge to buy the less know but ultimately far better game**

(Typo: typed y instead of t -> no edit button.. )

I think the ability to change your PSN ID would be a good one. I know I’ve wanted to do that anyway with this account.

I quite like seeing games on PS+ that I wouldn’t normally buy myself, so I’ve been able to play things like Infamous and Motorstorm Apocalypse that way. One game I wouldn’t mind seeing would be Okami, although I may end up buying that before long anyway.

some free movie rentals (3D movies also would be nice, new releases not old stuff), 3D games. maybe even a season pass to a TV series of our choosing, maybe even include music unlimited as an added bonus.

JRPGS for Vita and PS3

More RPG’s

I like to see some Vita compatible PSP games. There are a few good PSP games on the store that never got a discount.

Phew, on the first quick view I thought that the RPG-color had the third spot in this ranking and began to wonder what games SCEE might have wrongfully considered to be RPGs. :P

But alas, it’s fine that we agree that no real RPG at all has been shared so far.
So for me the answer what I want to see is really a no-brainer. RPGs RPGs RPGs. Some Action Adventure would come second, a racing game as NfS third.

If I were Sony, I’d generally push RPGs more. I mean not only by Plus, but also by publishing and developing such games.
Especially JRPGs as Ni No Kuni, the kind of Star Ocean or FF XIII … less so.
What happened to those glorious SNES times? :(

Carnivius_Prime 14 February, 2013 @ 13:58

I think it’s obvious due to the wildly different tastes of PlayStation gamers you will never ever please everyone. For example there’s a lot of people here wanting RPG’s and while I can appreciate it would be great for them, I can’t bloody stand RPG’s. Would be nice if everyone got allocated a number of free game downloads from a choice of a much larger range of games available each month from all sorts of genres and we could pick and choose. Probably not very practical from a business point of view though.

I’m for Sports (NBA, NHL, FIFA) + Action Adventure + adventures like Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead etc.

I think you should also continue the trend of one hardcore game, one kids orientated game and an indie title to be included every month.

games I’d like to see at some point :

– Enslaved
– Shadows of the Damned
– Dead Island
– Dragon’s Dogma
– Spec Ops The Line
– Dishonored
– SSX
– I Am Alive
– Journey

Rpgs!

Ohh how about a wish list section on the store? You could add things to a wish list and you guys could consolidate everyones to see what is most desired on plus?

Hang on?! Germany got Binary Domain?! I want Binary domain too!!!

I voted RPG as that is my favourite genre

However I would like to see more so-called niche titles as a part of plus. People are more willing to give a game a go if there is no monetary investment in the item. I’m not saying every month give us Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 or anything but if more people were exposed to these “niche” titles you may find more people would be willing to give them a chance in the future. Seemingly that is what plus has been about – giving away a game with plus for a new title that’s imminent

Some imports from Japan would be a dream come true (especially if offered as a secondary title) that way people wouldn’t complain and the warning stating Japanese language only should suffice – I really want Shikitei.

CoolRichy008UK 14 February, 2013 @ 14:23

Fred Dutton we want more platformers

LESS RPG’s they are crap

I’m glad to see that the Playstation team are asking what plus owners actually want moving forward. It would be great to get a sticky poll each month which enables everyone to continually provide feedback for your consideration.

I’ve been a PS Plus subscriber since August 2012 and whilst I think it offers fantastic value for money I must admit the service is a little wasted on me. I always buy and play games when they are released which means every single retail game which hits PS Plus I’ve already played and completed. Hence, I’m really only interested in high quality PSN games like Journey etc.

What I would really like to see is a tiered PS Plus service that really accelerates the adoption of digital games distribution.

Example:
PS Plus Bronze = £40/year and is exactly what the current service offers

PS Plus Silver = £120/year free access to all games available on playstation network 6 months after release. With a maximum of 30 game downloads per year.

PS Plus Gold = £200/year fre...

Example:
PS Plus Bronze = £40/year and is exactly what the current service offers

PS Plus Gold = £200/year free access to all games available on playstation network on release day. With a maximum of 50 game downloads per year.

(These costs and structure above are of course just my initial proposals)

where are the PS+ discounts now? SCEE promised better discounts and we got nothing. I already owned nearly every game given with PS+ this year. where is the unfinished swan discount? where are the new psn game discounts? SCEE just keep on lying.

Why do I think this would be a great idea for everyone:
1. It is a fact that content distribution is going digital and will continue to grow. Whoever takes the lead will have an advantage and Sony is in an excellent position with both content and a delivery device.
2. From the perspective of Sony and Game Devs/Publishers digital content distribution is ideal since it eliminates the loss of revenue from the used games market without the use of unpopular online passes.
3. As my proposal is essentially a digital rental service it avoids the potential danger currently facing Steam where digital content that has been purchased must be resellable.
4. This will bring end customers closer to Sony/Devs/Publishers which in turn leads to better understanding of market demand and the opportunity of attached sales.
5. Reduces the loss of revenue from game rental services like Lovefilm and others.

Why do I think this would be a great idea for everyone:
6. For customers this would be a cheaper option than buying games and then trading them in after completion.
7. No longer have to wait for goods to be delivered or physically going to buy/trade in games from retail stores. Instead games could potentially be pre-downloaded just like Steam.

8. If some DLC comes out for a game that has been traded in either it will not be purchased or you have to buy the game disk again which. Now you just need to re-download the digital copy of the game instead.
9. Finally if customers don’t like this idea for whatever reason they can of course continue to buy games exactly as they are now.

Sorry I’ve done a lot of typing… hopefully someone from the Playstation team will read it and perhaps even give it some consideration.

It would be great to see what others think as well.

I’d like to see some more regular adventure games – Sam & Max season 3 was the reason I signed up for Plus in the first place. Wouldn’t mind some RPGs either.

nonkelvladimir 14 February, 2013 @ 14:30

I’d love a quality RPG

– Mass Effect (already have them, so don’t listen to me here :)
– Dragon Age 2
– Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
– Demon Souls
– …

in retaliation to other comments
Do NOT add tv shows and movies to ps plus. tv shows and movies are free to watch on tv adding them to ps plus would just waste the budget towards plus. frankly if i see this i will not be renewing my subscription.

I think a good mix of everything would be fine. I’ve not had a problem with FPS numbers.I can only think of four we’ve had.

I think the graph looks ok. I would try and ballance it a bit more.

I think it’s difficult to go against market trends with shooters and stuff,but bumped a few of the lower genres.

RPGs would be fresh change. And games that haven’t got plus-discount (Rune Factory was a great deal!). :D

Why only games though, why not offer movies/TV and perhaps some music visualisation (The Studio can help with this)?

Noooo,screwed up my graph.Some reason I thought RPG was the green and platform purple :(

some good rpg games would be nice prehaps fallout new vegas with all dlc packs =p
im surprised heavy rain hasnt been on ps+.some new avatars would be nice not had any good ones added on ps+ in a long time

just thouhgt maybe add skyrim aswell if poss and with the movies/tv shows i wouldnt say no to getting a free movie/tv show

medal of honor warfighter sold less than ea expected and could be a nice adition to ps+. if you release a call of duty game to ps+ most users will have it. it would add more players to medal of honor warfighter servers, since they are almost empty.
dirt3, mafia 2, la noire, Resistance: Fall of Man (since people can´t buy it in stores), uncharted, skyrim, gta4, Brutal Legend, Battlefield: Bad Company, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Singularity, Blur, Darksiders, Prince of Persia, Pure, GRID, Syndicate, F1 2011 or 2012, SOCOM 4, Shift 2: Unleashed, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Split/Second, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, The Saboteur…
big list :D

RPG + Action adventure for me,take a little break from shooters too.

what i want to see released is an update that categorises the download list caues its annoying sifting through 700 or so downloads to find one game …id like to be able to goto the game catagory or something then choose a game instead of going through 100 downloads and giving up …

I don’t get those people asking for movies. I for one don’t want a single cent from the Plus budget to be spend on movies!

Plus is a 100% gaming service. For movies we already have plenty of alternatives, for anyone who has such a demand. Don’t mix what doesn’t belong together.

@adumr82
*Le sigh*

You still don’t get that it wasn’t about Germany, but either SCEE or SquareEnix who simply failed to put the right version of Sleeping Dogs online?

Instead of wishing to separate the markets even further, how about demanding a more unified market that offers the same quality of service to everyone?

Besides, if you expect that any possible game would be shared via Plus somewhen, you got something wrong.

MLB the show.
Modnation racers
Uncharted 3

I voted Puzzle, Action/adventure and shooter, as those genres tend to be ‘shorter’ games.

Plus content is always a bonus to the games I buy. It’s a way to play games I’d never play otherwise, or skipped for one reason or another. But if they’re very long, I never get to finish them (as they tend to blow up my to play list)

Choices for what is downloaded each month

Download list categories

RPGS

Classics – Games every Playstation owner should have and probably already does.

Multiplayer Games

Chris, this is excellent, a post i and im sure everyone else is very happy to see and its great that you are taking our opinions on board. youve been doing a fantastic job so far and still continue to do so!!

i think what you can see from that graph that should be obvious is the complete lack of RPGs!!

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (even a nice big Plus discount would be appreciated if it cant be in the IGC),
Mass Effect definitely – it would be nice to be given the first one, and not Mass Effect 2 as you have done with Dead Space 2 & Bioshock 2, it doesnt exactly do anything for those of us who havent played the firsts!
Two Worlds II
Dragon Age
Dragon’s Dogma
Demon’s Souls
Kingdoms of Amalur
Rage

those are some I would really like to see :) regardless you have been making some great choices so far so I have faith this year will be no different!!

thanks

mestremanjador 14 February, 2013 @ 15:18

Hey guys, why not discount/give away the DLC too? Too bad we have to buy DLC for a game that we didn’t pay for.

Oh, and a more foreseable future, so we don’t keep second guessing before buying a game. For example, I recently bought WipEout 2048, a few weeks later… bam! Plus.

You could wonder how I felt.

Definitely some big RPG would be nice.

If you add some good jrpgs or rpgs, it would be nice. Titles like Persona or Disgaea are awaiting for your concern ;)

My dream monthly content: Journey, Catherine, Hard Corps: Uprising

<3 <3 <3

PIOTREK27-1982 14 February, 2013 @ 15:39

Dear Sony, please give us Ni no Kuni in Plus with 100% off. You gave us shooters, racers, sanboxes, indie game, platformers, western rpgs, PS2 or PS One Classics, but you didn’t gave us a single one jrpg. Now you have the chance to change that.

Gamers, make the impossible possible. Vote for NnK. I’m counting on you.

Definitely RPGs.

Any hope of Persona 4 Golden being in the Plus anytime soon? Discounts, etc?
If not, what about Persona 1, 2, 3? They may be PSP games but they’re really good on the Vita.
Or even Disagaea 3.

Enough with the FPS, vote RPG guys!

I voted action adventure and RPG, the IGC really needs some rpg!

I personally think action/adventure is the way to go since i think it appeals to a wider auidence. While some people like shooters or rpgs or sports games in my experience alot of gamers like action games like uncharted.

I also think that each month for ps3 you should try (at least a lot of months) to include one big blockbuster aaa title from a few years back that people may have forggotten about. Also a newer aaa title (like sleeping dogs or arkham city for example). and the third game should be a smaller downloadable game. (mabye some older psn titles like shatter or braid).

Well done chris for taking fans opinions into consideration as well, It is much appreciated.

Some games that i would like to see in the igc in the near future would be –

Dokuro, Ni No Kuni, Dishonered, Need for speed Most wanted (preferably for vita), Resistance 3, a ratchet game possibly crack in time, God of war 3, Heavy Rain and telltales the walking dead.

Also some new avatars from sony franchises from ti...

Some games that i would like to see in the igc in the near future would be –

Also some new avatars from sony franchises from time to time would be welcomed.

The order of that chart looks almost spot on for me, except I’d change puzzle and sports games order around. And would like it see maybe one RPG in replace of say one shooter. Action adventure should stay top. Very happy with the games content I’ve got in the last 9 or 10 months, I have already renued for another 12 months and I’m even tempted to stack 3 more months on to that due to the Plus discount on at the moment. The only thing holding me back is the uncertainty around what will happen in regards to Plus when the PS4 comes out (will these games carry over to PS4, will Plus become Gaiki streamed, will the content still be decent on Plus then etc). Anyways I’m rambling, keep up the great work :-)

How do i trick my PS3 into thinking its German so i can get binary domain?

Mass Effect is a shooter with RPG elements, not an RPG. Pretty sure youd fark off a lot of the people asking for RPG’s every month if thats what they wound up getting ;P.

Id like for you to tell us as soon as you either know you are getting a game for PS+ in a later month, or intend to ask about one, so that people dont loose faith over “sales” that turn out to be money wasted due to the game coming out a month or two later on PS+ for free
Oh, also an actual say on what is given each month, so either a monthly vote on genre or actual games, or let people choose 3 games out of 8, with 8 being added the next month and 8 remaining from the last (so 16 to pick from 3+ games each month) but we discussed that on the Feburary PS+ page and it seems thats not gunna happen x_X.

Off the top of my head game suggestions

Ico/SOTC
Assassins Creed 3
Dead Island GOTY
LA Noir
Heavy Rain
Random DLC
permanent price drops on games over a few months old, 5 year old games added to the store at £40+ is just silly.

More later but some suggestions there, but honestly? Id rather have more modern games, I dont buy games on release, there really is no point (esp not digital copies at the silly prices o_O) and do pick up games when they are _>.

Nothing Bethseda, people already have enough to legitimately complain about, their games dont work on the PS3 -.-

BTW is anyone aware that the Facebook postings don’t work anymore when you buy anything on the ps3 since the new store come along? Since the latest update the trophies no longer appear except as a blank post either.. Turned it off now as just a wall of blank entries..

It still works when i buy stuff on the vita..just the ps3 that doesn’t.

I’m only just a member of the PS3 community (for 1year now) but i must say that i am very much impressed by PS+ and especialy by the way you guys (of this blog) interact with the community!

GREAT JOB!!

to those complaining about ps+ adding movies/tv shows/music to its service. you must relize that plus is exactly that its an extra service not just directed as a 100% gaming service otheriwse there would be not auto system updates/ auto game updates, auto trophy sync, online game saves. these services are not games therefore plus does not have to be limited to only games the PlayStation was marketed as a home entertainment system not just a gaming system.

so sony should do more to show it is what it has been marketed as “A HOME ENTERTAINMENT HUB” and it aint that if it only just has games now is it. some of us do not have time to watch tv nor have time to watch movies at the cinemas. for example its useless watching tv in australia as when a show starts here its been cancelled in the US or UK before it begins here so there really is no point in tv u get hooked on a show and mid series/season they either stop showing the show or it was cancelled.so i have given up on aussie tv as it is CRAP. bugger all channels/content on tv and our tv is like quickflix OLD OLD OLD OLD. even freeview is a joke it was meant to bring more new channels not just duplicate channels owned by the current stations. how is that competition. i for one would like movie/tv shows added to plus for these reasons.

I can only say it like this. Less guns, more swords :D I would really love to see more “medieval” like games or fantasy games like Bayoneta or DMC series. My personal tops (the ones that may actually appear there) are Heavenly Sword, Castlevania, Knights Contract and maybe Enslaved (but i wouldnt argue about games like Skyrim or Demon Souls :) ). Anyway, I am looking forward to what you ll bring to us :)

I want games with PS ONE

Project2insanity 14 February, 2013 @ 16:44

@DEATHWISH2478; Bear in mind all those services are directly related to games. I would like movies but as a separate subscription service. Unless I’m mistaken, the video store isn’t available to all countries so including movies in Plus wouldn’t benefit all subscribers and would likely take something away from them to balance it out (although the Vita inclusion itself was impressively contrary to this- if movies follow by example, bring ’em on).

I would like to see a BIG need 4 speed title and more adventures. It seems that the IGC is shooter heavy at the moment.

Some classic PS2 game would also be nice.

@ Dermado

“Also a separate Vita and PS3 subscription, I signed up for PS3 games, not Vita games, I seem to be getting less PS3 games due to the available Vita ones?”

That’s not true in the slightest. Before VITA titles were added we still received 2 full PS3 titles and 1 PSN title, which still remains. The only things that’s changed is the addition of VITA titles which hasn’t affected this structure at all!

I really don’t know where you’re getting your information from & your views are a little strange, especially what you’re imposing within the SALE thread.

i miss the games like Stacking, costume quest and Shatter. things that i can play with the missus . im only downloading about 1 in 5 bluray titles as they dont really interest me (though i wouldnt have bought sleeping dogs….i love it!!)

and themes and avatars pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

dunno if my last post worked so, themes and avatars please

Action/Adventure + Platformer + Sports

Hi Chris!

Congratulations to you and Sony to present this kind of service. In a time that the “future of playstation (PS4)” is upon us, i hope that PLUS could be part of it.

Now, to answer your question, my prefered genre are definitly action/adventure games (assassins creed, uncharted, mass effect), sports (fifa, Dirt) and shooters (battlefiend, bioshock, Killzone). But, i really don’t want that kind of games coming from PLUS! I want the other ones that i don’t buy!

Everyone played uncharted, batman, fifa or call of duty. I want the Binary Domain, Sleeping dogs(nice plus this month!), Portal, Dragoons Dogma, ICO/Shadow Colossus, MGS HD colection, DMC, Darksiders 2, Dark Souls, the last Transformers game, XCOM, Rayman, Mirrors Edge.

Hi Chris!

What i mean is that there are 2 types of games that i want from PLUS service: the games that had great reviews (7, 8s), and at the same time came other(s) game(s) that had 8.5, 9s, and didn’t sold (eg. Binary Domain, Darksiders 2, Mirror’s Edge). In the other hand, i want to experience great new experiences that i wouldn’t buy like Portal 2, XCOM, ICO, Rayman (journey and unfinished swan are grat eg., but i took a change and got them on the christmas sale bundle).

of coarse Action Adventure and RPG

Please add Uncharted 3 Multiplayer (coming soon) in PS+! Thanks in advance! :)

@Project2insanity i wouldnt really say that automatic system firmware updates are classified as part of a gaming service when the ps3 can be used as a blu ray player, dlna media reciever, music, 3D content all this must be updated in firmware. that has nothing to do with games. as u need firmware updates to play latest blu ray movies etc. so ur description of plus being only for games is mute as SYSTEM SOFTWARE updates are not game updates nor has anything to do with games. that is the game patching updates. so ur rite there but if someone subscribes to plus just so there system updates auto for them how can u say plus is only for games as they are for example only using it for that one reason maybe they also want themes/avatars. these also are not games. (yet indirectly related to some games) ie mag avatars. u can not play them or advance to another level/next part in the story.

@DEATHWISH2478
Ahem … sure.
All those “extra” services that you mentioned are 100% related to gaming.
You are a funny guy, if you really think that your argumentation actually managed to support your view, that movies would be a natural addition to Plus.

And once more, there are already services for those who demand movies. Netflix, Lovefilm or whatever they might offer you in Australia.

so sayin plus is only for games is naive.

I want more JRPGs like Disgaea (especially for Vita), Neptunia, Eternal Sonata… Metal Gears and other HD collections (Ratchet, Jak, Sly) would be much appreciated too

IMakeSomeNoiseI 14 February, 2013 @ 17:19

Dead space 2. please

może by tak więcej promocji na abonament ps+ wiecej ludzi by korzystało

supersmith2500 14 February, 2013 @ 17:26

@IMakeSomeNoiseI:
We already had Dead Space 2 back on August.

@IMakeSomeNoiseI
Dead Space 2 was already part of the IGC once. Sorry, you missed your chance.

More shooting games.

What do i want? Are you joking? I wanted dragonborn but its not available in my country of croatia. That is seriously messed up. Where is it??

Neo_Bahamut_Zero 14 February, 2013 @ 17:36

I’d like to see some PSONE and PSP games in the future.

Wishlist on PSN+:

3D Dot Game Heroes (Retail)
Matt Hazard – Blood Bath (PSN)
Section 8 Prejudice including DLC (PSN)
Resident Evil Raccoon City
God of War Origins (Part 2 of the collection)
Journey (PSN)

Rpgs. A sports game would also be nice

Show full comment

Was a day1 plus sub, and chose Not to renew After this IGC structure was introduced. i personally do not regret this choice, i am actually relieved.. i haven’t seen any games i hadn’t either allready owned or that would otherwise of interested me, since i lapsed.. sure plus IS dirt cheap, even worth having for cloud saves, auto-updates Alone, and maybe, just maybe that 1/or2 title i ‘might’ of ended up enjoying.. But i couldn’t stand it seeing games that i’d allways payed for, usually full price, start appearing month after month, it’s (as you prob know, obviously.) a horrible feeling seeing the IGC list and The top game is one you’d allready owned. but month after month. i couldn’t believe ‘my luck’, it’s the same for many i know. still as i said. personally i haven’t regretted it..another Big problem i found is these actual posts. theres Allways (seems) people requesting a game i have had, made me want to shout.. But now, good lord, now people think plus is some God given right, i mean seriously some of the requested Lists on here make me, well that varies, but it’s getting beyond a joke now, i Hate the use of it but ‘entitled’ is really adequate, imo. Not aimed at anyone in particular .

Singularity_01 14 February, 2013 @ 17:43

I voted for racing games- in PS+ we have no enough that sort of content.
But… I think that the genre is not important when we get games “only on PlayStation” so give us more exclusive Games :)

Please no more games form EA :)

RPG love please. Get the Fallout 3/New Vegas GOTY discounted. You get them each for about £10 these days, yet it costs £40 just for the DLC on the store

DARKSIDER 2 OR BAD COMPANY 2 PLZZZZZZ :(

I would love sports… I’ve had enough of shooters and it will save us loads of money on buying the same game every year that may be a disappointment. *cough* FIFA *cough*

How about giving the US PS+ subscribers the great games that youre giving to EU?

onimusha 3

RPG’s!!!

Why is this genre always neglected these days? I feel this is the only area where PlayStation has been lacking during the past few years. Glad to see exclusives like Ni No Kuni though. Need more types of J/W-RPG’s :p

Also, I think DLC should be made available to PS+ members. Sony did a bit of it in the past, and slowly stopped.

Able to delete unwanted trophies please?!

@mistercrow
Sorry dude, only us Europeans are allowed to vote. And that topic isn’t really top priority on my agenda. ;)

i can suggest giving me my nukester account back as i got banned for no reason and i have spent over a grand on games and dlc and had plus from day 1. i am so shocked at sony for this as i have been a loyal customer for years

Anyway, IF i were to choose a genre i would say rpg. something i enjoy but never really buy much of. one game that some have asked for today is Two Worlds2, ‘goty’ (lol) ed, that is allready on the store.. DO NOT i repeat do not ask for that.. it is broken.. picture a game where the code involves stealth kill, it locks you on your target and when your in kill zone the X button prompt appears.. so far so good right ?. now picture pushing X button and your character plunges his knife into enemies back.. But instead it hits fresh air, ?. wth, seriously, over and over i swing my knife, but i am just a few centimetres short.. if That isn’t bad enough, all this time my fearsome foe hasn’t moved a muscle, just keeps standing there.. another one. walking up starirs. lol try Not to IF you get your game. terrible, ugliest game i gave psn My money for.

Show full comment

Also at time i Was a plus member, but No trial available with Our one. meanwhile it’s released on scea psn, With a trial.. they were selling it for 5 bucks other week, (xmas sale), and it was in top 10 download list in Jan.. made me smile seeing That.

I like this initiative you are taking here. Getting the community that loves this company involved, is a brilliant idea. Plus is the best thing thats happened to gaming for a long time. One thing that I would like to see is a 1-3day head start for plus members regarding buying stuff on PSN. Every Wednesday PSN gets slow. All the free games you get is great and all but what I really want is more discounts, I’m not talking 10% on now. Look at Steam, they got the right formula for all this online stuff. And whats up with all the full price on all Vita titles. Those games are like 1 year old and most of them are not good.

I would say RPG, but I already have every RPG I want to play on the PS3. I wouldn’t mind some good PS2 RPGs popping up on the store though…

More RPGs =)

Which reminds me, will Crisis Core or Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep ever be put on PSN?

Something from my wish list:

* Mega Man 9/10 Complete
* Prince of Persia Classic
* Fun indie party games with local multiplayer I’m not aware of

### PS3 additional content ###
* Pinball Arcade / Zen Pinball 2 tables

### PS1 games ###
* Rollcage (sadly not released on PSN)

Something from my wish list:

* Mega Man 9/10 Complete
* Prince of Persia Classic
* Fun indie party games with local multiplayer I’m not aware of

### PS3 additional content ###
* Pinball Arcade / Zen Pinball 2 tables

### PS1 games ###
* Rollcage (sadly not released on PSN)

More RPGs, and I mean traditional ones, JRPG’s!

@238

This.

The ability to delete unwanted trophies and change username would be greatly appreciated.

MORE GAMES TO PS+ EUA!!!

I simply want the same content that Euro PS Plus users have gotten so far, ie. Sleeping Dogs, Vanquish, Motorstorm Apocalypse, etc.

No No Kuni please lol. No but do RPG’s would be great.

other =
1- lots more % of games + corect price strategie
2- singstar remove
3- put some mony in stabel network
4- store update on day base + extra manpower to make lesser foults in store = ( very urgent ) to mani foults lately.

+ 1 ting i forget = u are cuting u self , why we need to buy new stuf in store when we now ath some point games can be free ?

i tink u strategie need to be more like steam = faster drop in price
to normal buyers to ps+ extra 10/30/50% of ( so we not need to be afaid to buy somting if next weeks = free )

Crysis 1 for next month please!

I’d say RPGs but they’re ones I tend to buy a lot :P

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 14 February, 2013 @ 20:21

4) Split the PS3 and Vita PS+ subs. I’m not buying a Vita… ever! I DONT WANT TO BE PAYING FOR VITA GAMES I CANT USE! Compensate me or reduce my subscription. If anyone wants both charge them for it. Leave me out of it.

Huh? I’d understand this is Vita content hindered PS3 content, but it doesn’t.

Action Adventure+RPG+Racing, Was going to vote for shooters but there are like only 1 or 2 bullet hell games on PSN

I don’t mind too much about genre and long as it gets mixed up a little. But I think Vita owners need a little extra. How about some PSP and PS1 Classics?

I’m not that fussy about what genre i get since i like most. Probably had enough shooters for a good while. Personally i would like to see some arcade/retro titles. I love the old stuff.

Also, i agree that with remove singstar’s comment about titles that are offered a plus discount should not be brought to the IGC so soon after the discount (Sleeping dogs for example). It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Until i see evidence that this kind of things stops i won’t be getting any discounted games, just dlc. Plus discounts are supposed to be a benefit, not a [CENSORED]take.

1) Burnout Paradise :D
2) Mass effect!!
3) Assassin’s Creed
4) AND please, focus on Multiplayer content.

Thanks for the nice idea!

How about making remote play on the vita accessible for all ps3 games? It really bugs me that the functionnality seems to work fine for hackers who hack their ps3 but loyal sony customers are being left out. I would find it amazing to be able to play my ps3 games on the vita while my girlfriend is watching tv or playing on the vita in my bed while the ps3 is in the living room. Make the dream happen please :)
Otherwise i’m super satisfied with the psn+ service

You should turn some of your IPs into Vita exclusive IPs. Especially those which aren’t really successful on PS3. I’m thinking about stuff like Twisted Metal, Starhawk, etc.

You should also bring back old franchises, that you keep on the shelf since the PSX/PS2, mainly RPGs like Wild Arms, Rogue Galaxy, The Legend of Dragoon, etc.

Show full comment

You should pick up the games that didn’t prove to be huge hits on PS3, but were good games and could get a new life on Vita. I’m talking about something simmilar to what Nintendo did with Bayonetta 2, cause it helped them make a lot of fuss. There are so many great IPs that you can buy for cheap now or can fund a sequel to. Turning Darksiders into a Vita exclusive would be huge and would give you a massive boost in word of mouth as the company that saved this great franchise. Kingdom of Amalur is a second great IP that is in the void right now, just waiting for you to grab it. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Bulletstorm are other great examples of games that would feel at home on the Vita. Their format actually fits it better than PS3. You could maybe even get Diablo 3? Why not! It would be huge.

Seriously, how can getting added vita content Not hinder ps3 content ?.
it Has to, somewhere, somehow. not a clue exactly how, but IF scee are a business, yes. then some money surely must be paid towards vita titles, or have they got a counterfeiting opo going on.. and if it isn’t coming from plus subs then how and wheres it coming from ?. 4 mill vitas i heard are out, versus god knows ps3s, i cannot make any sense from vitas inclusion in plus, the free games part that is, i would like someone to educate me a little on it. i did have a theory that SEN used the overpriced Euro cod pass towards All plus, worldwide, but it’s just a theory, strange though how it’s correctly, as advertised priced everywhere else, except for scee region. So all the CoD players are subsiding it ?. IF so that’d be so very ironic (funny) to me, as i reckon out of say 30 m8s with ps3s (i know), 17/188 of them Only play CoD, period.., anyway just a interested onlookers perspective.

I also think we need a western RPG and open world games. I’d go crazy if you talked to CD Projekt RED about a port of The Witcher 1 and 2. These games are pretty much PC only, so they would make an awesome splash on Vita! They would work like exclusive games in the console world, but they would actually be just ports, so the costs shouldn’t be huge. You should call CDPR and talk about it, even helping them fund and publish the two ports. You should also talk to Bethesda about an HD remake of Morrowind. It’s their best game, they could make a remake on the Skyrim engine. It should be viable on Vita, since it would be an enhanced port and not a totally new game.

Show full comment

When it comes to an open world game, a unique GTA is an obvious one, but you could also talk to SEGA about bringing Shenmue back. We need a good open world game, if it was anything like Sleeping Dogs, I’d get it. But even if you release HD remakes of GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA: Stories games, Shenmue 1 and 2, I’d be happy.

17/18..
edit function Needed.

I hope that Phantom Pain is an exclusive MGS Vita game. You should talk to Just Add Water about finishing their old project Oddworld: The Brutal Ballad of Fungus Klot. Stranger’s Wrath was a big hit on Vita, this game could be even bigger and could help fill the void in good FPS games. Void that Bioshock Vita will hopefully help fill as well…

Sorry for posting this in 3 posts, but there are just so many options in from of you guys to make Vita the most awesome console in history!

PS. Obviously getting a Dragon Quest XI or Final Fantasy XV game as an exclusive on Vita would be much appreciated :P

xXCoolestChappXx 14 February, 2013 @ 21:05

i LOVE the commitment for ps+ with this poll.

And one more HUGE thing.

InXile is doing Wasteland 2, the predecessor to Fallout. I would go totally nuts if you decided to support them and get a Vita version out of it! This game is surely going to be great, considering the talents that are working on it and I’d love to be able to play it on the go.

Come to think about it, even getting ports of Fallout 1 and 2 would be sweet. Baldur’s Gate also got an HD release recently… All these games would fit nicely into the PS Store and on my memory card :)

Once more, can we get some more PSOne classics that have been released elsewhere that we in AU are still waiting on?
In particular, World of Mana, Breath of Fire IV and Chrono Trigger.
It would be nice considering Australian PSX classics on the PS Store are really lacking. It would be awesome to see it more reflective of the content that other stores have

I love how some people here clearly didn’t read the post. This blog has nothing to do with things like removing the singstar thing, or any of that, or even about PSOne Classics, its just about what content do you want to be made available through PS+.

And some people aren’t even a PS+ member so this post doesn’t affect you right now :S I don’t get it.

i dont care about the genre, the game should just be good. there is good games in all genres. and you did release some very good games in plus already :)

Scsia, they arent going to compact any successful IPs, and are highly unlikely to make any new non gimicky ones as Vita Exclusives, it makes no sense. Be happy with ports, crossbuy and alternate versions/vita tie-ins.

Singstarsucks, whilst I agree with you on many points (add fire the whole customer service robot team and hire some useful people for blog replies) lets face it, they are going to ignore you, completely, and loose business for stupid reasons and I can see the PS4 underselling due to a complete lack of faith in SCEE, at the same time they arent going to move the money from PS+ to upgrade anything outside of PS+.
Or likely improve on any of it for the PS4.

Actually Scsia did make one good point in amongst the Vita fanboyism, it would be interesting to see if any of The Witchers could be ported (dun remember if 3 is a Microsoft exclusive), if they could work on the PS3 (unlikely, most multiplatform ones either run badly or just suck, like any Bethesda game) it would be a certain purchase, but its unlikely anyone from the store team has any influence at all over them.

I wish some more PS Move support games in the NEAR future :)

Stop putting content on sale then giving it for free on plus, like you did with sleeping dogs, I bought it as part of 12 days of christmas.

Would be great if you can make VidZone ad free.
Surely would only cost a 50c or less from everyones subscription.

RPGs!!!

I’ve been a subscriber since September 2012 and I feel that RPGs have been lacking with PS+…

PS3, PSone classics, PSN and PSP/Vita RPGs yes please! :D

Awesome – thanks for giving us the chance to have some choice. Fantastic service!

Would be nice if you guys update PS Store more often. With games everything is fine but it would be nice to see more sales like NA has. Maybe not a big ones but to make ones like Game of the Day sale. On Monday it would be something like RE4 on Tuesday maybe bit cheaper Okami … you know what I mean.
Back on topic I think it would be nice to get something from Ubi. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory or Assassins Creed II would do a trick.

Mark-Renton260 15 February, 2013 @ 00:01

first of all I’d like to thank all the sony staff that handles playstation plus EUROPE you guys actually care about us.I bought plus US and the service was so bad,i’m alredy regreating that.from now on I’m just gonna stay with plus UK.I’d like some classics like shadow of the colossus,GTA San andreas and GTA 4(GTA 5 is releasing this year), LA noire,Ultimate Marvel vs capcom 3, dead space 2,skyrim.

More racing

I think Sony should discontinue the instant game collection and have no big download games at all (meaning PS3 retail titles) and offer PlayStation classics, portable for Vita, Minis and PSN download only videogames and perhaps introduce a Plus premium service which adds movies. and maybe even Music Unlimited.

Actually hope ni no kuni isnt put in the igc for a long while to be honest. I truely believe it’s such a brilliant game it is well worth buying, also there’s rumours that depending on western sales there could be a sequel… :) and hey there’s a demo on the store for it so how can anyone still be unconvinced :p

FFXIII – 2
Dragon’s Dogma or Dragon Age 1 Origins with 50% all dlc’s.
Tales of Vesperia
Any Disgaea
Eternal Sonata
Any Valkyria Chronicles
Any Atelier
Nier
Alpha Protocol

no to ps1 and ps2 games, unless they are hd remakes. I like how we get the games now so change back to the old format, just keep the ps3 and psn games coming. As for genre I’m not into rpg and most people I know that are preorder all the rpgs they want so not that genre I guess. What I would like to see is a remake or just the original of “zombies ate my neighbours” please make this happen.

CharcoalDragon 15 February, 2013 @ 04:46

I said puzzle games as one of my options, but i don’t want no tetris or bejewelled, or angry birds. i am looking forward to games similar to portal, or machinarium. although these could be sometimes classified adventure.

I would like some Western RPG’s for my Vita. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Knights of the Old Republic and hell Borderlands. I know Gearbox pitched the idea to you Sony!

I’d like more newer games you’d find in stores, rather than games that are 10-15$ in the PS Store.
PS+ Europe gets stuff like Sleeping Dogs and Red Dead Redemption so I’ve heard.
While I really liked what I’ve gotten so far, I’d like more games like that too.

the god of war collection would be awesome. mirrors edge, assassins creed revelations are also an idea. Most importantly announce the ps4 on the 20th!
Great for the plus owners would be to keep all the digitally bought games on ps3, also on the ps4!!

keep up the good work.
Cheers

JRPGs damnit D:<

I would like to see other parts of Legacy of Kain series, like Blood Omen 2 or Soul Reaver 2 and LoK Defiance