Posted

Diablo III is coming to PlayStation 3 on 3rd September

Lead image D3_LOGO_ForBlackBacgrounds

On 3rd September, evil will be reborn on consoles around the world with the release of Diablo III on the PlayStation 3. The latest entry in Blizzard’s action role-playing series has been fine-tuned to offer console gamers all of the fast-paced action and visceral gameplay of the PC version, with a customised interface and controls that make slaying demons from the comfort of a couch feel like second nature. It’ll be here before summer’s end, so lock in your pre-order with your local retailer soon.

As an added bonus, all pre-orders of the PS3 version of Diablo III will include the exclusive Infernal Helm (in-game item only). Wearable at level 1, the Infernal Helm confers a +EXP bonus to help you whip your new PlayStation characters into shape. Plus, it looks sweet as hell on all five mortal heroes of Sanctuary – be it the Witch Doctor, Barbarian, Wizard, Demon Hunter, or Monk.

Keep in mind that the redeemable key for the Infernal Helm, which you will find in your preordered console copy of Diablo III on launch day, requires an Internet connection to be redeemed.

Be sure to get your pre-order lined up for the PS3 version of the game and prepare your thumbs to do battle against the sinister forces of the Burning Hells.

D3C_PS3_2D_PEGI

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

What about the PS4 version then?

Blizzard Entertainment 6 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Hey kivi95 (and those who asked the same question)! At this time, we don’t have further announcements regarding the planned release on PS4.

AMDM-61 6 June, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   2

Nice, any news about ps3 – ps4 crossplay and ps4 version coming this year?

Arion87 6 June, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   3

Nice! Any news on a release window for the PS4 version?

monoliet 6 June, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   4

i tink lots of games gone have dificult time to sel big ( if i buy ps4 i wil not spent mony ath ps3 games , only gtav wil i buy on ps3)
stil hope to see nnext games on ps4
-dark souls 2
-sacred
-minecraft ps4/vita
i also want more ifo – ps4 version + date of diablo 3
i wil nowh buy instead of pc version
reason = only online like also sim city i wil never go ( then i stop playing games )

loadstone007s 6 June, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   5

This is superb news! But how should I decide to get the PS3 or PS4 version? We don’t know when it’s coming out…

Idea: make a Vita version as well 🙂

monoliet 6 June, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   6

loadstone007s

i do not tink 2 x
ps3 games u can not play on ps4 tru disk media , u are gone buy ps4 ? if so i tink u option need to be ps4 version ( wait 2/3 months longer = not big problem when we are waiting so long 😉 )

I didn’t really follow the news on the console port, but will it also have the auction house? I just came back to D3 on the PC this week to check out 1.08, after a 1 year break. It is insane how easy you gain access to great gear.

Blizzard Entertainment 10 June, 2013 @ 8:45 am

No, Diablo III on PS3 will not have an Auction House. You will still be able to trade items with other players, though.

Player42791 6 June, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   8

@Golwar

I think I read somewhere that none of the online functionality exists in the console version. I’d need to double check though.

Lucreto 6 June, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   9

I am sure it is a PS4 launch title so we will hear about it when you get an actual date.

@Golwar
The auction house is gone. They admitted it was a mistake to put it in in the first place. There is no need to connect to the internet as well.

Carl-G 6 June, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   10

‘Welcome(to the Pleasure Dome)’ 😀 Blizzard Entertainment to PlayStation;) Any chance of a Demo of this game for the PS3(& PS4 i guess?) 😉

dogwalker4000 6 June, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   11

May pick this up for PS3 as the likelihood of getting a PS4 at launch are pretty slim for me atm.

Will there be any kind of cross save facility for when I eventually get a PS4? I know I’m unlikely to get an answer but it would be a nice little addon just in case I do decide to dabble while I wait.

xx-InFeRnAL-xx 6 June, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   12

Omg!!! Finally we can have one of the most powerfull videogames ever made, in PS3 🙂
What about Couter Strike any news about these game for PSN?

Please someone reply.

Thanks in advance 😉

KylieDog 6 June, 2013 @ 5:28 pm   13

They cannot announce the date the PS4 version releases as that would give away the release of the PS3 itself.

Tim_Lord 6 June, 2013 @ 5:54 pm   14

They really don’t need to worry about timing the release of PS3 games due to the PS4 coming out. People like myself will still be buying PS3 games for some years to come.

procion 6 June, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   15

I do play diablo3 alot on my alienware Aurora, but I have major issues using the keybord, esp with movement. I constantly loose track and sight of the mouse arrow and it takes too much time to move the arrow to the bottom of the screen to click on attacks etc in pc games. I really do not understand why pc devs insist on only providing kb settings in thir gams as if we are stilol in the 1980s.

so hopefully d3 will come out on ps4.

CoolRichy007UK 6 June, 2013 @ 11:12 pm   16

ps4 might get one if ps cards will be for ps4 they are much safer then using credit cards & if we has pay for online ps cards will be perfect we will soon know wen E3 video is up bring gtaV to ps4 & im sold lol

Hellzz69 7 June, 2013 @ 4:46 am   17

I have played the Diablo series for some time ( since the release of Diablo I ), all I have ever noticed out of this maker ( Blizzard ), is lack of support and not to mention, the millions of exploiters of their games online.
Bad move Sony!

cowbanana 7 June, 2013 @ 10:16 am   18

Meh. Already played and shelved the PC version months ago. Worthless, boring crap game. Do yourselves a favour and play something else. Or play Diablo II, which is still a much, much, much better game.

Diablo III is the very definition of a soulless game designed by corporate suits.

BartsBlue 7 June, 2013 @ 10:51 am   19

I’m actually quite glad to see it on PS3, seeing how I don’t own gaming PC ever since I made a move to console gaming. Still, I cannot refrain from smirking at the PC crowd who treats this transition as something of a personal offence. 🙂

cowbanana 7 June, 2013 @ 11:11 am   20

@ BartsBlue

The only offensive thing about this is the quality of the game, regardless of platfrom. I already played it, so I’m indifferent to whether or not it shows up on any other platform. All I am saying is that the game is crap. I could understand people being excited about a console version if the game was good, I know I would be – but the game just ins’t very good, as most fans of the old Diablo games would tell you.

TehPhilosopher 7 June, 2013 @ 11:24 am   21

I played D1, D2 and have Collector’s Edition of D3. D3 is a great game, no matter what some people say. I will probably get D3 on PS4, as I’d love to play on big screen and controller, instead.

brianmini 7 June, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   22

Guys where is the Vita remote play? Diablo 3 isn’t exactly a new game, we’ve seen older games with remote play being made available retrospectively but why not have this game ready for the Vita on release?

Bumpies 2 July, 2013 @ 12:17 am   23

Seen as I already own the PC version can i get the PS3 version for free? If the PS3 version can go back to the skill system of Diablo 2 I would definitely be willing to pay for it