Kingdom Hearts III is coming to PS4!

Kingdom Hearts III on PS4

You’ve been wondering if it would ever be announced.

You’ve begged for any ounce of information on it.

You’ve asked for no more spin-offs.

You’ve been asking. We’ve been listening.

And we’re overjoyed to finally announce that KINGDOM HEARTS III is officially in development.

We know you’re dying to learn so much about KINGDOM HEARTS III – characters, worlds, summons, battle systems, spells, storylinevoicetalentminigamesgummishipxehanortkeyblades….wait hold on hold on hold on….. let’s all take a deep breath together….

Phew.

Now that said, what we can tell you thus far is that KINGDOM HEARTS III features an older Sora as the protagonist who sets forth on adventures with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and other favorite Disney characters. KINGDOM HEARTS III will harness next generation console technologies to bring an incredibly stunning universe full of new and familiar Disney worlds to life.

So sit back, relax, grab a sea salt ice cream pop, and enjoy the KINGDOM HEARTS III announcement trailer above.

We’re happy to announce that KINGDOM HEARTS III will be coming out for PlayStation 4 and available for preorder here.

31 Comments
0 Author replies

Special Edition with a keyblade please!

And the price of pre-order are so crazy unrealistics
99€

Looking forward to this :)

HellsSyerBlue 11 June, 2013 @ 20:45

Hello i justa wanna say square enix i will not buy and i hope nobody buys the game cuz you just backstab everyone that its a playstation Fan Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were exclusives for playstation but now you going to betray sony and the loyal playstation fans and release the game on xbox one wow you really are only about money you did the same for versus 13 wow square you lost a fan and costumer because of this you are greedy like microsoft so like xbox one i hope you dont sell so you lear your lesson to not betray the fans

extermin8or_ 11 June, 2013 @ 20:49

um can we have a year in which we should expect this 2014? 2015? :P 2016?

@extermin8or_ Probably 2015-16 I would assume.

Interestingly, I make a post being helpful and it gets removed. That makes sense.

AaronSOLDIER 11 June, 2013 @ 20:50

PlayStation 5.

The first big reason for me to buy a PS4. All depends how long I’ll have to wait now…

While this is fantastic news! I’m gonna bet it comes out in 2017 haha.

HellsSyerBlue 11 June, 2013 @ 20:59

how i wrote my opinion about square enix being greedy but they erased my comment congrats square -claps-

HellsSyerBlue 11 June, 2013 @ 21:01

i just wanna say square enix i will not buy and i hope nobody buys the game cuz you just backstab everyone that its a playstation Fan Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were exclusives for playstation but now you going to betray sony and the loyal playstation fans and release the game on xbox one wow you really are only about money you did the same for versus 13 wow square you lost a fan and costumer because of this you are greedy like microsoft so like xbox one i hope you dont sell so you lear your lesson to not betray the fans

Nightmare966 11 June, 2013 @ 21:01

Hey, my post was removed too. Guys, you could have just posted “Sorry” or “My bad” or something — we’re all humans and make errors.

Whatever, Final Fantasy XV and this are still on my radar.

HellsSyerBlue 11 June, 2013 @ 21:07

Like i sayed but they erased square betrayed every playstation fan and sony by giving the game to xbox one too Kh1 and 2 are ps2 exclusive so should be Kh3 but no they backstabed us cua there care only about money Greed wow

Why do people care if xbone gets it at the end of the day its on ps4 so be happy.

What’s wrong with everyone enjoying the games they want on what console they want, I don’t support 3 party exclusives keep first party exclusive make all third party multi platform.

This is what I’d love anyway

DoYouLikeMyID 11 June, 2013 @ 21:10

I saw this when I was watching the E3 replay earlier today, and I almost jumped out of my chair! Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favourite game of all time, so I can’t wait for this game! Although I must admit, it is kind of disappointing to see that it won’t be PS4 exclusive, which means Square Enix can’t just focus on making the game for one console…

Anyway, I’m guessing it will come out late 2015?

I hope we get some sort of information about a collector’s edition by then. :D

I understand you guys are financially messed up right now, i just think you’d have gotten a lot more sales if this or FFXV was at least exclusive, still excited though.

Good news for Kingdom Hearts fans. I am going to try the HD remake first and see whether I like the series.

No “killer” game yet to justify an instant PS4 purchase for me. But if Sony convinces Square-Enix to invest time to some older RPG-series (couch Chrono Break), PS4 would be an instant buy (when the game is released/reviewed of course).

@HellsSyerBlue It really doesn’t matter for which consoles the game comes. The more, the merrier (PC included). Exclusives are annoying, but sometimes real console sellers.

AaronSOLDIER 11 June, 2013 @ 21:19

Problem is, it costs millions to port a game to another platform, and the XB1 could flop hard looking at all the backlash despite how many games M$ showed.

Me personally, I hope $E goes into financial difficulty again like 2002 or whenever it was and this time Sony actually buys them, if Sony actually think $E is worth it anymore. They’d probably only want Nomura and his team lol

@ Ben it such a pity you are leaving SE end of this week, you were 1 of the best spokesperson I talk with you.

We all shall miss you. :(

Anyhows what ben forgot to say but I’m not gonna hold that against him is same with FF15 both KH with FF15 to be a Xbone games too. :|

@aaonsoldier

I really hope they don’t as that leads to job losses and that’s not fun for anyone.
And it won’t flop theres far to many uneducated buyers out there that will see to that

Chaosprower 11 June, 2013 @ 22:15

“@AaronSOLDIER”

With PS4 and Xbox One running in the same arquitecture, it’s now easier to port games between them than in the current-gen. So expect even more multiplatform games in the next gen.

Please I BEG OF YOU, don’t take as long to release this as versus xiii(XIV).

I bought a PS3 for KH3, now I’ll get a PS4 but only once the game gets a release date.

UGUR-BAYSAL 11 June, 2013 @ 22:27

veryyyyyyy NC

ryannumber3gamer 11 June, 2013 @ 22:31

Thank you sooooooo much!!! Huge Kingdom Hearts fan and i’m glad to hear about the extremely long awaited KH 3. Some suggestions for worlds would be Emperor’s New Groove where the story could be the heartless are using Kuzco’s selfishness to control until he is turned into a Lama by Yzma who the heartless and Xehanort use to control the world and Kuzco is forced to join Pacha,Sora,Donald, and Goofy to return to the palace, retake his throne, and change back to normal along the way learning a lesson. Also maybe a Toy Story,Monsters Inc/University world,Wall-E,The Incredibles, and maybe since Disney owns Marvel and Lucasfilms, Star Wars and Spider-Man :D

On another note does anyone have any tips on beating the boss on the Fantasia world in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance?

this was my thought process during the e3 trailer:

oh a disney logo yay a new video for kingdom hearts 1.5!

looks awesome!

wait why is it mention bbs 3d etc?

is it an announcement for 2.5 aswell?

keyblade in the sand? ive played through these hundreds of times and ive never seen this scene..

oh
my
gosh

*queue uncontrollably prepubescent girl screams even though im 19*

Show full comment

this was my thought process during the e3 trailer:

oh a disney logo yay a new video for kingdom hearts 1.5!

looks awesome!

wait why is it mention bbs 3d etc?

is it an announcement for 2.5 aswell?

oh
my
gosh

*queue uncontrollably prepubescent girl screams even though im 19*

dark_angel69 12 June, 2013 @ 08:34

Game looks great but first I got to play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 reMIX before deciding what I think of this game. lol. I know I will love it so looking forward to that. I hear the team that is working on 1.5 reMIX are making this game, how comes this is announced before 2.5 reMIX? There definitely will be a 2.5 reMIX wont there?

Shame the Xbox one gets this game. It makes no sense at all cos they never got the previous and all of sudden they jump straight into the third. The game may be the same for both but if it was for PS4 only, it would feel much better as exclusives are always the best and something worth bragging about. lol

Cant trust the words of Square Enix these days. Final Fantasy versus 13 was meant to be for PlayStation only too but not anymore…

Jawad Ashraf 12 June, 2013 @ 11:16

Big fan. Exciting times ahead!

Dave-The-Rave 12 June, 2013 @ 14:04

Such a huge fan of this series, people who complain that it isn’t exclusive are incredibly immature and selfish. So what if it isn’t? Does it mean you can’t play!? As far as I’m aware this game is coming to the PS4, if others get to play it too that is only a good thing. Square Enix in the words of the great Phillip J Fry….TAKE MY MONEY!, for this and Final Fantasy XV!

I have to say I’m very happy i got to see both FFXV and KH3 at Sony’s conference. I’ll be getting both on ps4 for sure. I think it’s extremely stupid to make it multiplatform and the sales wont make up for annoyed fans. As sony as proven if you listen to your fanbase you will be rewarded, regardless i wont keep myself from playing these games over what i believe is a bad decision as long as the games are good.
I’ll keep playing my jrpgs on the best system for it, a playstation. be it portable or home console.

DoYouLikeMyID 13 June, 2013 @ 16:07

@PrettyMuchEveryone

The reason some of us dislike it not being exclusive, is because Square Enix will have to develop the game with the lowest common denominator in mind – the Xbox One. PS4 has more RAM available, as the RAM-type is a little better than that of the Xbox One, and Xbox One will use more of it’s RAM on its (IMO) inferior OS, than the PS4 will.

Essentialy this means 2 things:

1) The game will either perform worse graphically, or have longer loading times, (or maybe a mix of both) than if it was a PS4 exclusive.

2) Square Enix won’t be able to truly optimize the game for PS4, which means it can’t make full use of its hardware and (possibly) controller layout. There’s also an added possibility (although unlikely) of bugs in the game, because it has to be developed for 2 systems.

Show full comment

@PrettyMuchEveryone

Essentialy this means 2 things:

I doubt it will be a massive change, but sadly, I’m sure it’ll be noticable, which is a shame because I want this game to be the absolute best it can be, since Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favourite game of all time.

Therefore, I’m also rather upset about it not being an exclusive. :( title.

can wait to get it look so cool

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history