1. The “Win a Place at PlayFest” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of the United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter’s associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on 9 July 2013 at 09.00 (GMT) (“Opening Date”) and closes on 10 July 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) (“Closing Date”). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
4. To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) Visit the PlayStation blog page at http://blog.eu.playstation.com/;
b) Read the post entitled “Win a Place at PlayFest”; and
c) Compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Win a Place at PlayFest” and include the following information:
ii. date of birth;
iii. email address;
iv. contact telephone number; and
v. a list of up to three (3) family members attending, along with their ages (“Companions”).
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. There will be five (5) winners (each a “Winner”). Winners will be selected randomly by a computer program.
7. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to notify each Winner, by email via the email address provided, of their selection within one (1) day of the Closing Date (“Confirmation Email”).
8. Each Winner will win four (4) tickets (one (1) ticket for the Winner and three (3) tickets for their Companions) to PlayFest (“Event”) to be held at 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP on Saturday 13 July 2013 from 10.00 (GMT) (“Prize”).
9. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner must print off their Confirmation Email and present it at the entrance to the Event in order to gain entry.
10. The Winner is responsible for all travel and other related expenses not forming part of the Prize, including but not limited to transport to and from the Event.
11. The Winner’s Companions must be aged 3 years or over and must arrive at the Event with the Winner.
12. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
13. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
14. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
16. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
17. Each Winner and each of their Companions agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. In particular, the Promoter may want to film the Winner and/or each of their Companions at the Event. By attending the Event, each Winner and each of their Companions will be deemed to give the Promoter, and its associated companies, licensees and assignees, permission to:
a) photograph, film and record them during their visit;
b) edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute any such photographs, recordings and films or anything derived from them (“Material”) in any medium; and
c) use the Material, in whole or in part, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit any of Promoter’s products and anything connected with or derived from them.
18. Each Winner and each of their Companions also agree to waive any moral rights that they may have in the Material and to release the Promoter and its associated companies, licensees and assignees from any claims for payment in connection with their use of the Material.
19. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Win a Place at PlayFest’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
21. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
22. Each Winner and each of their Companions must ensure that they comply with the relevant rules of entry when attending the Event and any instructions that they are given on the day. Non-compliance with these instructions or rules may result in refusal of entry and/or the Winners and each of their Companions being asked to leave the Event. The Promoter shall have no liability to each Winner and/or each of their Companions for any refusal of entry or request to leave the Event.
23. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
24. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
25. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.