Posted

Killzone: Mercenary Multiplayer Open Beta in late August; Closed Beta live now

Killzone_Mercenary_Logo_black_tm

Calling all mercenaries,

We recently opened up enrolment for the Killzone: Mercenary Public Limited Multiplayer Beta on PlayStation Vita to give you a chance to get involved.

We’re excited to announce that this phase of the Beta is now LIVE.

The Public Limited Beta phase is used to collect feedback from you, but is limited in size to make sure the servers are gradually tested in preparation for Open Betas and the full launch.

To those of you who got in to the Public Limited Beta, the necessary information has now been sent to your registered e-mail address so that you can jump in and get going.

To those of you who didn’t get in or are just hearing about this now, worry not: we’re going to be running an Open Multiplayer Beta for Killzone: Mercenary in late August! Details will be coming soon, so stay tuned.

Open Betas are a good way for the development team to really test the servers to make sure they are ready for launch. And of course, you get to have a taste of the multiplayer mode before it the game is released!

Killzone: Mercenary hits the shelves on September 4th, 2013 for Europe Mainland, September 5th, 2013 for Spain and Portugal and September 6th for UK, Ireland and Australia.

Check out the Multiplayer Development Diary that Guerilla Cambridge have created just for you.

99 Comments
4 Author replies
XnoobsquadX 31 July, 2013 @ 16:21

The game looks awesome looking forward to playing it in september the 1st titel this year im really exited about. If this game does well will u consider making more killzone games for vita down the line?

BigBoyBanksy 31 July, 2013 @ 16:24

I’ll make sure I sign up for the open beta at the end of August for sure. Would be nice to have a great 1st person shooter on my vita, been playing Unit 13, good game but I do feel this game will be a lot better

Are emails still going out, or are they all sent by now? I’m still hoping to get into the beta, though it’s looking unlikely now.

3.1

Hey SpAM_Can,

All e-mails have now been sent.

Many thanks,
Alex

Interesting video. And I’ll be there for the open beta.

I find it a strange choice, though, that in the video the devs mentioned wanted to still be able to “progress” when not connected to the internet (which you do through playing the single-player), but there seems to be no offline bot support. Given that the series is quite known for it and the Vita is a portable device where there’s probably less chance of there being a permanent connection, it seems an odd omission.

Looking great! Will be keeping a keen out for that second open beta chance

I never heard about any Beta. :(

No email for me. Sony truly hates me.

dogwalker4000 31 July, 2013 @ 17:04

Are all the emails sent out now? Disappointed I never got one if that is the case :(

I got one :)
Thank you!

anyone who can be kind enough DM or send me a code if u got one please.

If I didn’t get an email does that mean I didn’t get in or are emails still being sent out?

Dr-abdulelah 31 July, 2013 @ 17:07

as usual , not lucky for beta :(

What about plp who done quiz at e3 in playstation home? Thanks

dark_angel69 31 July, 2013 @ 17:13

I’m happy to hear there will be an open beta. Will actually get a chance to try it out. Was very disappointed for not being able to sign up for the closed beta but still the open beta is better than nothing. Would it only be available to PS+ subscribers or would everyone get into it?

dragorex123 31 July, 2013 @ 17:17

ehh i dont have a e-mail :( Why Sony? :(

I keep a eye out for the open beta thankyou

If you didnt get an email yet but you did apply go to: http://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/ and hope for the best

extermin8or_ 31 July, 2013 @ 17:29

All the emails been sent then or are they currently being sent? *fingers crossed for the latter*

If you didnt get an email go to psn’s beta site (just replace {blog} with {psnbeta} in the url for ps blog) and it will be there!!!

XDerKleineX 31 July, 2013 @ 17:37

@fireburn95: It just says

“The enrolment for this Beta has now closed.
Invitations to successful participants will be sent shortly.

This message will be updated once the invitation e-mails have been sent.”

for me there. To even be able to sign up I did have to go to https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/kzm_public_limited/enroll.php though, instead of just https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/.

Are you freaking kidding me? no email? i’ve been waiting for almost 3 weeks checking my email everyday, i’ve pre-ordered the actual game, tried to get a code from E3 booth but they turned out to be only for US…Nice way to treat your loyal fans, thank you so much once again sony…can’t believe this, half the people who got the codes probably won’t even bother with it or even have a Vita for that matter, Once again, thanks so much again….. :/

There seems to be some kind of mistake, my email hasn’t come through yet. Hopefully some friendly member of the team will see this and take care of it for me, right ? ;)

@21

Yeah mine neither, Sony look into that! Bahaha

But seriously, I haven’t heard anyone who got an e-mail for this beta yet…

@20

Noe one has an advantage in these close betas, not when you pre-ordered even 20 versions of Killzone PSVita.

Stop crying like that, everyone wants to get in.

@19

Is that a true Sony site or some phising site for my PSN account…

Alex Burrow 31 July, 2013 @ 17:55
25.1

Hi TheMART,

Always worth asking :).

http://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/ is the official EU PlayStation Beta portal site run by SCEE.

Thanks,
Alex

Argh, was hoping to get in on this. Only buy Vita games for the last year basically and tried to do the Home signup when I heard US were getting KZ codes…signed up too but nothing – I’m guessing they’re sent out pretty instantly? Lame :( Have fun those who got in, very jealous!

Thanks SCEE i got a code

This is exactly why i’m not happy

Be ready to face a whole lot of campers! Having said.

@Alex

Thanks, I checked it at the site, didn’t get in. Yet that is :-)

Are all invites send or is the process still going?

If I didn’t get in, will go for open beta at the end of August.

BTW you should get back PS+ members getting into betas. Because it would even work on PS4, where only PS+ users would get them and not those that just buy a PS4. Then again, maybe everyone will get PS+ on PS4 for the online MP lol

No beta for PS+ either then? Also does your Rank/cash reset after the Beta or does it carry over to the game after launch

boombooomoooo 31 July, 2013 @ 18:22

are they still sending out emails still because when on the beta portal it says i dont have access to it

@33 No they aren’t, same with me…we just have to accept the fact that Sony doesn’t want us to play the beta

goldenfist80 31 July, 2013 @ 18:36

When trying to connect to this web: https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/kzm_public_limited/enroll.php
its says this message: The enrolment for this Beta has now closed.
Invitations to successful participants will be sent shortly.

This message will be updated once the invitation e-mails have been sent.
I don’t understand because you said we can register to get beta key.

Entering this web: http://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/
i have access to old beta information, like i had with little big planet voucher ,etc… but not information to register killzone beta…

My question is, how i can know if i am registered on killzone beta?

goonerrob1104 31 July, 2013 @ 18:37

got in downloading right now :)

@35

Well logically thinking it should show up in the voucher section. So if it doesn’t, no invite. Or not yet if they’re still sending some.

“Posted on 31 July, 2013 at 5:48 pm by xYakuzaz
@23 Well you should have an advantage when you registered within 20 minutes of the blog post…”

No, all the subscribers, quick or not, had an equal chance of getting in. Just randomly chosen.

Should have gave access to Vita owners with PS+

I mean, there are barely any VIta owners anyway, less with PS+, so not going to get overloaded.

Better than what got now with codes in the hands of people who will never buy a Vita.

Will never understand how dumb the people who set this sort of thing up are.

Can’t wait for this game! Also with my preorder with the game I get a sackboy helgast keyring, Hell yes! :)

Finally a good online game, it only took longer then PS3 way back in 2006.. But least we’re getting something. Hopefully its not the end, in the Vita will get a game like TLoU online, now that 4v4 is worthy of playing every sec of the day if it was on the Vita.

Technogamer 31 July, 2013 @ 19:55

insane amount of comments complaining they didnt get in (i didnt, but im not gonna fall into that trap lol)… gotta wonder where on earth all the people who got in are.

flashmozzg_vt 31 July, 2013 @ 20:05

I got my code from facebook promo, but turns out they are region locked, so I couldn’t activate it. Damn! And hope for an email goes down every second.

@41 Same with me, i’m searching for somebody from US who ended up with an EU code xD

pressmyfoot 31 July, 2013 @ 20:23

Got my email/ code today, cheers.

When baby is asleep i will kill stuff (and die more)

pmf (zoned out)

ProducedByPotato 31 July, 2013 @ 20:33

Anyone got a US code and can’t use it? I can help…

PMurphy1978 31 July, 2013 @ 20:44

@40 the ones that did get in are probably playing the game… :P

Apart from the chap without a Vita.

Well done to all of those that did get a code. I wasn’t one of them but there is always the open beta later on. And the game is out in like 5 weeks. So I’m not going to get too upset over something that is not only free, but that I had no right to expect.

boombooomoooo 31 July, 2013 @ 21:04

One thing that makes me mad that when the people gets the code without a ps vita

pressmyfoot 31 July, 2013 @ 21:06

Wow.

Just wow.

pmf (impressed)

Just been playing, have to say I’m mighty impressed so far. Graphics are superb and the controls work well. It’s a bit slower than regular ps3 FPS multiplayer, but it suits the vita well. I’m gettin back in!

@44 I have a US Code, Do you have an EU Code?

ProducedByPotato 31 July, 2013 @ 21:16

@49 Nope, sorry :(

Didn’t even get a code in general…

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history