Dishonored’s Game of the Year Edition launches this week

It’s hard to believe this week marks the one year anniversary of Dishonored‘s release. It’s been rewarding to see so many people ‘get’ the game Arkane set out to develop. And it’s wonderful and very humbling to see the game win numerous Game of the Year accolades (and be able to release a “Game of the Year Edition”), but there’s even more satisfaction in hearing fans embracing the fiction and emergent gameplay.

When Arkane was making the final push on finishing the game, their building excitement to see the game in the wild was palpable – like children on Christmas Eve. Visions of YouTube speed-runs danced in their heads. They weren’t disappointed. Launch day and the months that followed provided endless entertainment – seeing the variety of ways players took on the role of Corvo – non-lethal playthroughs, absolutely brutal and literally unthinkable killer moves, and everything in between. Amazing cosplay, fan fiction, and fan art provided icing on the cake. You guys really like The Outsider J

What’s that? You haven’t played Dishonored yet? You missed all the DLC? Well, this week you can fix that and pick up the newly available Game of the Year Edition – available in stores and digitally on PlayStation Store. In addition to the award-winning original release, you’ll also receive:

The Knife of Dunwall
In The Knife of Dunwall, take on the role of Daud, the legendary assassin who killed the Empress. After assassinating the Empress, and forever changing the fate of Dunwall, you embark on a search for redemption. Gain access to Daud’s new weapons, gadgets and supernatural abilities as you traverse through parts of Dunwall yet unseen, including the city’s whaling center, Rothwild Slaughterhouse, and the heavily guarded Legal District.

The Brigmore Witches
Continue your journey as the legendary assassin, Daud, in The Brigmore Witches. This conclusion to Daud’s story will put you at odds with warring gang factions and the dangerous Brigmore witch coven. Journey through undiscovered locales within Dunwall, including Drapers Ward and the Brigmore Manor, where you will be met with supernatural forces that test the limits of your new weapons and abilities.

Dunwall City Trials
In Dunwall City Trials, experience Dishonored’s flexible combat system, stealth gameplay, and distinct settings in a whole new way as you make your way through 10 distinct maps that feature a variety of challenges. Put your stealth, combat and mobility skills to the test as you clear demanding objectives, unlock new achievements and secrets, and climb up the global online leaderboards.

Void Walker’s Arsenal
With the Void Walker’s Arsenal add-on pack, gain access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Dishonored. These bundles offer unique character bonuses, additional bone charm slots and more.

Whether it’s your first time playing the game, or you’re catching up on content you missed, we hope you enjoy all the contents included in the GOTY edition. Until the next time!

15 Comments
1 Author replies
TehPhilosopher 07 October, 2013 @ 15:09

Heard nothing but good from friends and reviews, somehow I managed to miss this although I’m a big fan of stealth games. Will certainly pick this up!

Carnivius_Prime 07 October, 2013 @ 15:13

‘game of the year edition’ always sounds a little pretentious to me. Especially on games I really don’t consider to have been a ‘game of the year’.

InsaneInTheGame 07 October, 2013 @ 15:29

any chance for a discount in the dlc’s for us that have already bought the game?

Matt Grandstaff 08 October, 2013 @ 03:20
3.1

Occasionally we have sales on the content via PSN. Nothing specific to the GOTY edition, though.

Amazing game I played it right after Bioshock Infinite and enjoyed it way more!
Only need all the sokolov paints for the platinum.
I will definitely get this for all of the DLC I missed!

Cool news but I believe that there is a strong likelihood of the original DLC-less version coming to PS+ in the near future

Brilliant game, finished the core campaign as evil Corvo. I wanted to try DLCs, but sadly I was playing this game when keeping night watch over my sick kitten and, sadly, she passed away that night. I was unable to play Dishonored ever since. I just can’t. :(

pinkplaybunny 07 October, 2013 @ 15:56

I haven’t played this, been waiting for the GOTY edition! Its nice that its available digitally too. What price is the digital version?

JediKnight246 07 October, 2013 @ 17:18

I’ve been holding out on Dishonored for a while now but I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about it (especially the DLC) so I might give it a try.

I think the cover is even better than the original as well, it’s nice to see something other than “lead character doing a cool pose with gun/weapon” for a change.

DarkArchoNx66 07 October, 2013 @ 18:32

I bought dishonored at January through ps at half price, and I never regretted it. Such an amazing game.

@Matt Grandstaff

What is the price of Dishonored GOTY on PSN store ?

thanks

Matt Grandstaff 08 October, 2013 @ 03:21

£ 29.99

dogwalker4000 08 October, 2013 @ 08:26

This is why I tend not to buy games on release nowadays, wait for “complete editions” and pay for the whole thing at once.

£29.99 is pretty competitive pricing for PSN, in line with the RRP on the high street for a change although I’ve already seen a few online stores taking preorders at £21-22 (for the disc version obviously).

Have Bethseda entered into any discussions or been given any indication of how much PS4 products are expected to retail at on PSN?

was only thinking about this game last night. (strange), i guess i feel like others and missed it due to the present plus setup, having seen way too many previous purchases end up on offer, so i missed this and tbh i have kinda stopped spending most all of my previous ‘gaming’ fund i once enjoyed spending, what to do?, etc, i can’t simply stop/unsub from my (day1) sub, but i really feel like gaming is no longer in my control, or (horror) i’m growing out of it?, like being hungry but seeing too much choice of stuff to eat takes away the apatite, ie infamous backlog of being a plus member.
I hope i get to ‘taste’ this one day, have always liked look of it.

PSN price should be always 10-20% cheaper.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history