PlayStation Plus in November: Metal Gear Rising, Remember Me, more

Lead image Revengeance

Hi everyone! It’s that time again where I have the pleasure of announcing the upcoming goodies coming your way courtesy of PlayStation Plus. We have a couple of huge PS3 games this month as well as two PS Vita classics to keep you entertained as the nights start to draw in!

New PlayStation 3 games:
First up this November we have Konami’s masterpiece Metal Solid Rising: Revengeance. Set four years the events of Metal Gear Rising 4: Guns of the Patriots, you must take up the role of Raiden, a cyborg who confronts the private military company Desperado Enforcement. Developed by the crack team at Platinum Games, this is one of the wildest, most entertaining pure action titles of this console generation.

Next, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Capcom for a title I’m personally very excited about: Remember Me.

The setting is Neo-Paris, 2084. Personal memories are now digitised, bought, sold and traded. You take on the role of Nilin, a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people’s minds and steal or even alter their memories. After her escape from prison, Nilin embarks on a mission to recover her identity, helped by her last and only friend.

New PS Vita games:
First up for PS Vita we have the beautiful Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath. In this HD re-invention of the Oddworld Inhabitants classic, you take on the role of a bounty hunter who tracks Oddworld criminals in an attempt to raise money for an unexplained surgery that he needs to survive. Don’t miss out on this one – you’re in for a treat.

And last but certainly not least, MotorStorm RC. Featuring high-speed radio-controlled car racing through visually stunning micro-versions of all four MotorStorm worlds, RC comes loaded with content. See you online.

As usual our PS Plus members will also get some great discounts over the next few weeks so make sure you keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for regular updates, including some huge savings on Street Fighter X Tekken DLC, Worms Crazy Golf and Alien Breed.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99/€49.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

431 Comments
27 Author replies

Erm.. Where is the third PS3 game?

1.1

From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two new PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!”

Metal Gear Rising!!! DAMN!! I LOVE YOU!

RULES OF NATURE

.. but I have so much to play yet..

Holy crap Chris. Thats amazing. Metal Gear Rising alone wins. Maybe discount for dlc aswell?!
Always wanted to try Remember Me, so good stuff! Another great month!

5.1

Possibly, will do my best, can’t promise anything though

Xbox live gold EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

Was just about to ask this too Chris. Is this something to do with you guys getting ready for PS4 so it will be 2 PS3 games that you get a month now? Not that I am complaining or anything, the 2 games for PS3 are still very new. :)
But can we expect it to be 2 PS3 games a month now with PS4 coming. Please clarify this for us as the world is going to have its eyes on this blog post the next 6 hours.

Holy [DELETED]! That MGS in Collection is awsm!

Only 4 games, is this a clue that Uncharted and Gravity Rush will be replaced within the next month and they will take up the other slots for this month???

lucielovesyou 11 October, 2013 @ 12:12

Muy buen juego MGRR gracias sony ;)

So the next PS+ update for December will have PS4 content? :D
Is Driveclub still free on PS+ for PS4 on day 1?

awesome update.. Only 2 ps3 titles? I suspect an other announcement due ;) as well as vita yearly titles

As long as they are fairly recent games like these, I don’t mind having 2 ps3 games.

Is MotorStorm RC cross-buy with PS3? Also, is that the Complete Edition with all DLC? They’re no longer sold separately.

14.1

Yes MotorStorm RC is Crossbuy, not the complete edition though, we may be able to arrange a discount on the DLC though, watch this space!

Ah good selection, been meaning to try Remember Me so that’s good! Played Revengeance on the xbox and that will be good to play through again :)
And Oddworld on the Vita, that is going to be fun!

2 PS3 games? PS4 is coming in November…
I don’t complain.. its a great month for PS Plus anyway :)

Any word on the 2 games replacing Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush for the annual refresh?

17.1

No news to share at the moment, sorry

good games, wasnt expecting to know this so soon XD
awesome
is it ok to ask if you guys could get Atelier Meruru for Sale this year’s Christmas Sales? pleeaaaase that would be so awesome! although if you got it on sale sooner i’d totally jump on that sale.
Thanks guys

18.1

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it

Already got Strangers Wrath and MotorStorm RC, but glad we getting MSG and Remember me both games i never got but was interested in.

Could the slightly fewer titles be the result of the PS4 coming out next month (albeit at the end)?

Awesome update, though wheres the 3rd game ?

Anyway, is there any chance we’ll be seeing Max Payne 3 either on discount or entering PS+ ?

20.1

Possibly, I can’t promise it but it’s not off the table

JammieDodgerz 11 October, 2013 @ 12:16

Great line up once again. I think there’s only 2 PS3 titles is because Remember Me and Metal Gear Rising are such new games, I swear there not even a year old yet and it’s amazing. I’m happy!

Interesting, I assumed that since Uncharted and Gravity Rush are being removed from PS+ this month that we’d see replacements, is that not how it works? Sorry, I’m new to PS+.

All in all, some good games, especially for the PS3! Would still love to see Gravity rush DLC discounts though! :P

Are people really complaining that there’s “only” two PS3 games? We’re lucky to even get one, plus there’s Driveclub once PS4 is out.

I think my jaw just fell off O:. Amazing selections of games this month!

@rutea7 I second that request, a sale for Atelier Meruru would be a dream come true. Though it’s a really new game so wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see a discount for a while.

Any chance we’ll get a sale for Rising DLC?

26.1

as above I will see what I can do

Already have MGR, Remember Me is average at best, Stranger’s Wrath will be useless for those who had both a PS3 and PS+ when the PS3 version went up, so there’s only Motorstorm RC for me… Oh wait I don’t have a VITA. Not to mention one less PS3 game.

I’d wager the latter point is in preparation for the PS4 free content, but still, pretty crappy month for me.

EXCELLENT Stuff(even tho i am not a PS Plus’er yet) :D Not really got time to be really(to many games to play on the PS3) but will be when the PS4 comes out tho ;)

Remember Motorstorm RC is cross-buy so we do get 3 PS3 titles.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 11 October, 2013 @ 12:23

Not really a complaint as the quality is retained, but I am a little concerned about the missing PS3 game. Not everybody will be able to get a PS4 at launch so I don’t think that makes up for it. Even though quality should come before quantity, I feel the latter offers more variety in game genre.

Holy crap! Amazing update! Thanks very much!

The 3rd ps3 title?

when will uncharted golden abyss and gravity rush be changed ?

Nice month. Already have Rising(excellent, excellent game) but I’m very excited to play Remember Me. I’m getting a pretty good Vita backlog with all these games!

Been toying with the idea of getting Remember Me despite the mediocre reviews because I like the general idea of the story, so this will save some deliberation :) Do you need to know all the torturous MGS back story to understand Rising? I’ve never been a fan of the core series, but I love Platinum Games in general so may have to give it a bash!

34.1

No I wouldn’t say so at all, this is a top game so enjoy :)

Wow amazing update for my birthday month!
Remember Me isn’t even an old game!
Already played MGRR but will happily jump in again!

Also is Oddworld cross buy? Already have it on Vita but no PS3 iirc.

35.1

No Oddworld is for VITA only

Absolutely brilliant! Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is a game that everyone should play, and Remember Me is intriguing. My only problem is finding time to play all these games!

@tycho2 #33 I too want to know if I need to have played any other Metal Gear games to get the most out of Rising? Never played a MGS game but I like the concept of Rising and think I might enjoy it as a stand alone game.

DoctorSalvador 11 October, 2013 @ 12:29

Any chance of Rising’s DLC going on sale?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes :)

Oh man i already own all those games :( Really wish there was a better option for the two vita games.

Cant you include more indie games that we may all not have such as corpse party, persona titles, escape plan, guacamelee, sound shapes, Virtue’s Last Reward, super stardust…etc.

40.1

We already had Virtues Last Reward in Plus a couple of months ago and at least two of those are planned to come up at some point so watch this space!

We also have some cracking titles for your PSP/ PS VITA lined up for the future months so don’t fear if these are not your cup of tea

Remember Me :D ! Awesome have wanted to buy it since it came out , guess now i don’t have to .

@centricbyte that’s why a christmas sale would be apropriate timing. i dont want to see old games on christmas sale, that would be lame XD i already have savings for the christmas sale this year so it better be worth it.

@36 BigBoyBanksy

MGR is a game for itself. You dont need to have played any previous MGS games to understand it :)

Wow continues to get better and better and better!

What with this and the PS4 launch at the end of November, great times ahead! :)

The 2 PS3 games are nice. But where is the third one?

The Vita games are insanely disappointing. RC Motorstorm has been given away for free on several occassions already, for some mistakes SCEE did.

And Stranger’s Wrath? We already had the very same game in the IGC already, in the PS3 version. Right?

And where are the 2 next yearly PSV games?

So one missing PS3 game, 2 missing PSV games, 1 throw away game and 1 game we already had.

NOT SATISFIED!

Just saved me from buying MGR:R sweet and sweet Remember Me that was an epic game can finally get back to platinum it as my friend borrowed my copy :(

Man, nearly bought Remember Me game recently and I’m GLAD that I managed to avoid doing it.

Already owned MGS Rising and Oddworld but Remember Me is more then enough for me this time.

Great update!

Awesome update.

Thank you very much.

wow, I’m speechless, kudos to you and your team.

LockedAndClush 11 October, 2013 @ 12:38

Even though I already have MGR (collector’s edition and all DLCs :D), I’m extremely happy to see it in PS+. Game of the year so far for me (yes, I played GTAV, and loved it, but still, MGR’s on top :P). Pitty I don’t care for Remember Me, but meh, win some, lose some, still got about 20 other PS+ games to finish.

Nice selection, seeing MGRR in there is very cool, and i’m happy with Oddworld for the Vita, i already have the PS3 version, but i think i prefer to play it on Vita.

So that’s two quality titles for me :)

I do wonder what the yearly vita IGC refresh will bring though

Awesome. I’m gonna try Remember Me. Thanks.

Just joined up PS+ with my new Vita and went to grab Gravity Rush, but it’s not free for PS+ anymore?!?!

Is this a pricing error or has it been rotated out of IGC now?

Anyone know?

53.1

It will be free again very soon, sorry we had a little bug in the system which we have rectified, check back in a couple of hours and you will be able to download it at no cost

Oh that’s wicked news, been wanting to play both of those.

Great update, and the perfect antidote to the darkening nights and increasingly cold weather. Thanks!

zalwelgoedgaan 11 October, 2013 @ 12:48

Gonna sell Rising and just continue with the digital version. Always wanted to try Remember Me as well. Excellent month!

Do you have any information regarding the release date for the 64gb memory card?

57.1

Sorry no that’s not my area within the business, the hardware team will announce it when it’s ready but I am afraid I do not know

Hmm you are avoiding all the questions about the fact there are only 2 PS3 games Chris, come on you can do better than that.

58.1

There are two very high quality PS3 games this month plus the Cross Buy functionality of MotorStorm RC

supersmith2500 11 October, 2013 @ 12:51

Metal Gear Rising and Remember Me. just awesomeness!

Already got Stranger’s Wrath and Motorstorm RC for Vita. = )

pinkplaybunny 11 October, 2013 @ 12:54

yay! Remember me!! Good one Chris.

Very nice selection this time.

I never got around to picking up MGR, getting it on PS+ is unexpected. Nice! I’ve been close to buying it more than once.

Remember Me is another game I’ve looked at but never bought due to prioritizing other games higher… there’s only so much time to play games. Now I’ll have to try it out.

I already have Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath on Vita. Bought it on release day and it’s such a great game. People who haven’t played it have something special to look forward to.

Would you please stop dodging the question where the third PS3 title remain Chris? You owe us an explanation if you cut content.

I assume you’ll announce the 2 next yearly PSV games together with the USA?

62.1

From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!”

MotorStorm RC for me…

Already got the other 3… :'(

Holy ****
I was considering to stay the next month without Plus because i do need to save money, But i guess i will renew it
And the 3rd PS3 game?

Only two games for PS3??

2 amazing ps3 games free!! and you guys worrying about a 3rd game! seriously?? would you rather have 3 garbage games like the US gets every month? quality over quantity!

@cognac-vsop: we always get 3 ps3 games. If that changes, we ask questions. I think there is a very legitimate reason for it, (PS4), but it would be nice if that was officially confirmed.
My expectation: from now on, we get 2PS3 games, 2Vita games, and 1 PS4 game. That would really make sense.

If true, Resogun is the PS4 November game.

67.1

We have always said that Plus will be available on Day 1 for PS4. We are always evaluating the PS Plus service and what it delivers ensuring it is providing great games and outstanding value

Great month. I would like to see more slasher games in PS+. I would like to ask if Bayonetta is coming to PS+ anytime soon or it’s safe to buy it?

68.1

Bayonetta is not planned for anytime soon

I have metal gear rising and its a great game, well done with that one. Would love to see tale of graces f on PlayStation plus. Would also love Terraria to be on there or at least get a discount for Christmas or sooner.

Will the plus blog updates be this early from now on or is this just a one off?

Keep up the good work plus team, your doing great :)

69.1

This one is quite early as the content is updating on the 23rd October this month

epic month!!!

Another brilliant selection. Any chance of Castlevania joining PS+?

Shouldnt there be the first set of PS4 games ? (driveclub+resogun) ?

@cognac-vsop
That aren’t 2 “amazing” PS3 games. Check the ratings for Remember Me.
And if we accept that they handle the IGC content however it pleases them, who grants you that you’ll get even 2 PS3 games next month?

Same about Oddworld. What’s the point of offering the same games again?

If we accept such changes without protest, this gives them carte blanche to do whatever pleases them. They promised that nothing will change about the IGC with the release of the PS4. So we can expect them to deliver.

Awesome month once again, hope it keeps up once PlayStation 4 arrives.

Quick question, will Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII ever be able do download on the vita?

Loved this game, missing it now I don’t have my psp

billy_oneironaut 11 October, 2013 @ 13:18

You guys are slaughtering my bandwidth caps but I absolutely love it!

Only two PS3 games?

Don’t get me wrong, the two games are quite nice, but an explanation why there arent three games would be very welcome. I as quite certain that I heard that the IGC for the PS3 would remain the same.. Maybe I was mistaken?

50/50 month for me.

the ps3 stuff is great this month and i suspect we will have another big title you just cant talk about yet(or is not nailed down) for the 3rd ps3 title that you do seem to be dodging any questions about.

the vita side is kinda weak for me, i bought strangers the day it launched on ps3 and never got into it so dont see that changing on vita, im surprised at motorstorm to be honest its been given away to loads of people who bought ratchet and has been on sale for almost 32 so i think most must have it by now and to be honest when a title is crossbuy i think it should be one of the ps3’s slots that are taken up due to the vita getting less games per month.

so it should have been in my opinion

ps3 titles :-

metal gear rising
remember me
motorstorm rc (crossbuy)

vita games

odd world strangers wrath
(insert another vita game here)

Show full comment

50/50 month for me.

so it should have been in my opinion

ps3 titles :-

metal gear rising
remember me
motorstorm rc (crossbuy)

vita games

odd world strangers wrath
(insert another vita game here)

im surprised at motorstorm to be honest its been given away to loads of people who bought ratchet and has been on sale for almost £2

@chrisboers

if they change the existing set up now then everyone who asked if ps4 being added to plus was going to change the amount of content on ps3 was blatantly lied to as they were told no it would continue as it is now.

not one reply stated things might change so id say there would be a bit of a backlash if that happened as not everyone benefits from the ps4 right away,.

Be careful, in the second paragraph, it is “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” and not “Metal Gear Rising 4: Guns of the Patriots” ;)

Great update anyway!

@Chris: Nice to see you ignoring the question bout the 3rd PS3 game and if Uncharted / Gravity Rush will be replaced this month.

Must be some bad news incoming since they love to skip the “difficult” questions as usual.

81.1

Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush will be remaining in the service at the moment

I LOVE YOU PS PLUS!

PS PLUS FTW!

@WizzNL

the vita games have to change in november as thats the year up and its part of the plus plan that these games must change at least once after 12 months.

i think like others have said these wont be posted till the usa blog is also ready to announce them as we usually both get those games, it be nice if chris just replied to confirm that this is indeed the case.

I see Chris is avoiding questions about the missing third PS3 game for this month. At first I gasped so loudly at MGRR and Remember Me that my neighbours heard me. Then I saw the missing third game and the lackluster Vita titles. Even so, MGRR and Remember Me are two very big games, with the latter being a very recent release. My thanks to Capcom and Konami once again. They love PS+ and we love them back.

Having said all that, I think Chris should respond to the missing third PS3 game. Is it only this month? Was it a mistake? Is this going to be the future to the IGC? It really doesn’t matter which answer it is as long as there is an answer. Communication is key. If you are honest with your subscribers, I am sure most of us can be understanding.

the igc should always have 10 ps3 games in it at any time so when 3 ps3 titles leave at the end of the month if they only put the 2 in then thats not going to be the case this month(unless they count motorstorm as the 10th due to crossbuy)

This is beautiful. MGR & Remeber Me wanted for long time, but fortunately never bought them. Now I have them.

Thank you!

Awesome! I was going to buy Remember Me.

@Hayzink: Exactly what i meant but he doesnt do so. It should be known by now if they will be replaced and what those games will be. So yes, it would be nice to have that confirmed. Same goes for the 3rd PS3 game, all info bout that should be already known for them by now.

Really good Update for PS3!

Its a pity about Motorstorm though, its a broken game to some, with it being unable to save, following all support channels, and they dont even respond :(

The games offered are really nice though so no complaints there :)

Not that I can personally complain after you’ve just saved me £20 on MGR:R, but you really *NEED* to offer an explanation to those enquiring about their third PS3 game.

Please remember that in the past, SCEE has promised PlayStation Plus members at *least* 45 PS3 games per year, which has been put in writing on this very blog.

If you fail to deliver what you’ve previously advertised, and further refuse to offer an explanation or any kind of compensation, then you may be opening yourself up to some action from Trading Standards. Just a friendly warning.

@hayzink

Exactly my thoughts. If they’d announced a cut of one PS3 right away, that would surely have been a lot more acceptable than promising that nothing would change just to silently take away content then.

And that Fred and Chris decicde to remain silent on this is just the absolutely worst possible PR strategy possible. One could almost think that they are new to this business. Thought that only absolute newbies would consider that a promising path.
Each RT about how awesome PLUS is, while they ignore all related questions, currently just adds fuel to the fire.

@Golwar

i hope they do reply and clear things up.

just noticed the time chris might be on lunch, fingers crossed replies might start coming after 2

@MartinB105: threatening with the Trading Standards doesn’t do any good. If anything, SCEE has proven to not care about that at all, as no-one ever makes good on a threat like that.
Let’s just hope that some explanation is given later, even if it is just ‘well, Motorstorm RC is cross-buy, isn’t it?’

Another great month with the titles on offer.
I’d be interested to know about the 3rd title too. As others have mentioned IGC should have 10 PS3 games available at any time.

And for those asking about the PS4 games and whether they should be included this month.
Look at the data these are updating – 23rd October.
That would mean that the next update would be 20th or 27th November – both dates BEFORE the PS4 is released in the EU.

I would expect the PS4 titles to be announced in next months update!

You guys are insane.
I can not keep up with the amazing content you provide each month.

@hayzink
Sadly wishful thinking imho.
Chris was around when the first questions appeared and he dodged them all. Same on Twitter, they just cared about the positive feedback.

Seems rather obvious that they’ve chosen to ignore, as their strategy. Which also implies that they’d know that they lied to us. Incredibly smart tactic to go into the pre-release weeks of the PS4.

@Raduga

good point next months update will be 20th of november which is prob when they will add both the ps4 content and the new vita games so might not find out about them till part way through next month.

im sure they were added on either 21/11/2012 or 28/11/2012 so going by the dates they are not due until the december refresh which will happen on the 20/11/2013 when we should get 4 vita games total.

Seriously! How can people even complain about 1 less PS3 game next month? These 2 PS3 games really makes up for that.

Its an amazing month. I think PSN+ is very good, even if i sometimes own several of them.

Chilliheatwave 11 October, 2013 @ 13:55

I demand to know why there are only 4 games announced for November when there have always been 5 per month.

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 13:56

TO EVERYONE MOANING ABOUT A THIRD PS3 GAMES, PS+ is spoiling you! I know we normally get 3 ps3 games but the unBELIEVABLE quality of the 2 we have, on top of the amazing last couple months, I think that the SCEE PS+ guys deserve our upmost gratitude and respect NOT more spoilt brat moaning!

THANK YOU CHRIS, you mate are a pure LEGEND!

@Golwar

i don’t really think they could continue to dodge that question to be honest, if they did remove the number of games per month that people signed up for without informing anyone i think there would be a bigger backlash than singstar and it would not take long for sites such as kotaku to pick up the story and bring more attention to it.

if they do it to the eu they will also do it to the usa and everyone combined it too much of a headache to deal with for them to just bury there heads in the sand so im sure answers are coming

:O I AM SPEECHLESS…

THANK YOU SONY ! ! ! :D

GalapagosaraY 11 October, 2013 @ 13:58

Awesome update i am currently in the mood for mostly Scifi/Fantasy games so this is peefect. Wish the Devil May Cry HD collection was in that month aswell though :3

@chrisboers
It’s not necessarily true that people have no follow-through; after I wrote my post, I was investigating the possibilities myself. As it turns out, SCEE only committed to 45 games in the year between June 2012 and June 2013 and made no commitments beyond that. Aside from this, the platform of those games wasn’t explicitly stated either, so even if we look beyond June 2013, the 45 could include Vita and PS4 games too.

Nevertheless, that doesn’t excuse such ignorance on the part of SCEE staff with regards to those who want an answer to the question. If offerings are to be withdrawn from one platform for substitution on another, I’d expect a decent notice period of such a change.

As I already said though, personally I’m happy with what we got, especially since I’m getting a PS4 on launch day. :)

It’s really sad to see Remember Me on there so soon. It has only been released four months ago! Personally, I did buy the game at launch because it seemed to me like a very interesting game. And I do not regret my purchase for even a second! Nilin is a great character and the setting and story of the game are really amazing.

Seeing this on Plus this soon however, must mean that the game did not sell as well as it should have. It’s a wonderful experience that everybody should play. But the sad truth must be that all the individuals that receive the game for free with their Plus content next month must not have thought the game to be worthy the €59,99 asking price. Which it totally was!

Here’s hoping Remember Me 2 will still see the light of day. There’s so much more they could do with Nilin and her story!

@NoobBlast
You can’t be that serious, because the explanation why we care about the missing PS3 game has already been provided.

And your reasoning why you are satisfied with just 2 games is bullocks. You consider Remember Me to be great? 65% at Metacritic, it doesn’t even qualify for the 70% that they promised as a minimum for the IGC! Shiny graphics, disappointing game play.

And last but not least, we had months with better games already and that was never a valid reason to cut the third game. Why should it be now?

@Coody-Baroody

quality of the games is irrelevant.

the service offers 3 new ps3 games every month with 10 games available at any time and 2 vita games per month with any 4 available at any time.
so thats what people pay for.

look at it this way if your milkman was supposed to deliver 7 pints of milk every week but one week brought you 6 because the milk tasted a bit nicer would you be happy and still pay the same price????

this is the same thing!

Did anyone else also get this E-mail and can anybody explain to me exactly what it means as i’m a bit confused:

Hi bigmat319,
We just wanted to let you know that we are making some changes to your PlayStation®Plus membership. In order to make it easier for you to track your renewal date, PlayStation®Plus memberships are moving to calendar months so that each renewal will happen on the same day of the month.
From 10th October, your membership will automatically renew at the end of each 12 month membership period, instead of 365 days, and you will be charged in accordance with the SEN Terms of Service and User Agreement (eu.playstation.com/legal/).
The cost of your membership will remain the same at $69.95.
We hope that you continue to enjoy PlayStation®Plus.

@hayzink
Oh, I’m rather sure that they will. Just check out how many consider Remember Me to be “unBELIEVABLE quality” tjat justified anything.

If enough people are nuts enough like that, why should SCEE care about the rest of us?

@ bigmat319: Nope, and seems dodgy, as they have the wrong price in it. Burn and ignore, is my advice.

I remember playing the MGS-R demo and wasn’t impressed. My kids tried it too and agreed.
Does it have hidden depths that continued play reveals or does it suck as much as Raiden. He will never be snake, or the boss or the big boss.

Great games this month! I don’t have any of these so should keep me busy! PS Plus has given me such value out of my Vita!

What I would really like, and maybe im on my own here, would be the opportunity to get some of the previous PS Plus titles? I’m only subscribed a year but some of the games on offer before were awesome. Perhaps if you could do a best of or a vote or something? Woudl this be a possibilty?

thanks

@chrisboers

“OK, just to confirm: only two PS3 games from now on… So, that will be 2x PS3, 2x Vita, and 1x PS4 starting December (assuming Resogun is December, and not November)”

is this a question or has this been confirmed somewhere?

Ps+ is great. Never going to buy another game again.

Don’t know how the games companies let you do it but it’s saving me a fortune not having to buy the games and just wait for them to turn up on ps+ in the end.

Loved stranger’s wrath on ps3, I’m sure it will port well to vita. I recommend it like beans recommends toast.

Also very happy with remember me and mg:r. Good work guys!

@chrisboers: It has always been $69.95 here in Australia

@Boucho11

they have said before that content wont be repeated as its unfair to provide members with the same games twice (unless you include strangers wrath lol) so your out of luck.

Ah, my fault about Metacritic. Checked the PC version. Remember Me for the PS3 is slightly higher rated. Though it is still far from being extraordinary, as some suggest. It just isn’t 65% trash, but a decent 73%.

@bigmat319

when you buy a year from the store it states its for 365 days, from what i can see from that email it just means that you now renew on the exact date the following year.

so 01/01/2013 renews on 01/01/2014 so in a leap year you get an extra day :) (i could be totally wrong btw)

Hi Chris, Very happy with this month, keep up the work. This is great.

Can you let me know if I can expect any of the following in the next 6 months?

Tomb Raider
God of War Ascension
PS All Stars Battle Royale
Injustice: Gods among us
Crysis 3

Those are my most wanted for PS3

Vita-wise, I think LBP is the one I want most

@ hayzink: Confirmed on Twitter.
@bigmat319: ah, my bad. But no, didn’t get a message like that (yet)

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see which of these games is free before Sony secures my payment for Plus. Probably something that should’ve been mentioned in this post, but… Hey, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Oh wow awesome month! Iv’e always been tempted to try remember me but was put off by the reviews, happy to get a chance to play it!
And MGR is one of the best games this year, so happy its bee included here!
RULES OF NATURE!

@bigmat319

Yep, I got that. Checked my subscriptions and I already had auto renew turned off and it’ll stay off. I know that email prompted alot of complaints as some people were going into their account management expecting to see the 3 months plus free promotion and it wasn’t there because auto renewals weren’t eligible. lol

The game selection is fine, massive backlog here so not too bothered but certainly curious to see what happened to the 5th game, is this now going to be the norm etc.

Also any chance of some Jawad Ashraf or Fred Dutton avatars on the PSN? the community NEEDS them.

Hey Chris,
Could we please see a discount on Playstation All-Stars DLCs? I would like to get the pack of Zeus, Issac Clarke and the Medievil map, but $15.50 is more than a little bit ridiculous. Also, I’m still waiting for a discount on God of War Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus on the PSP. I’d like to get them for my Vita.
Also, is Driveclub meant to be free right on the 29th?
Thanks.

@Sharigan_2
What do you mean? All those games are free on PS+.

I too would like to know where the third PS3 game has gone. Is it an oversight? Has it changed to two games a month now and you’ve not told us – very, very poor if that’s the case (the not telling us bit), or do you have something even more amazing than MGR which you’re hiding from us for a week or two?

@chrisboers

well thats a disgrace if you ask me.

announce it here not twitter, also give us a heads up things are happening just during the 3 months free promo it was said nothings changing join now.

i will benifit from ps4 but loads wont and its unfair to them

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 14:28

@hayzink n the rest of the moaners who frankly have an appallingly spoilt brat attitude

The wording of the video that explains what PS+ actually is says and I quote

“12 games at ANY one time and at LEAST 45 over the year and EU subscribers last year got 64 games!”
So I say again, you are wrong and PS+ is breeding some very ugly traits in so many of its subscribers!

@chrisboers
Link please.

@hayzink
See, I told you. Chris and Fred lost all my respect today. Worst possible handling of this situation.

@Chris
thx for the pdate^^
the reason why i boght ps+ is, that i dont have so mch money and spend that only for special games like the last of s and i miss some games^^
i miss mgr and i am happy to play it, thx^^
maybe yo cold bring persona IV golden to the IGC and maybe years later Liberation Vita or HD and beyond two sols^^

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 14:31

You therefore only have a leg to stand on if these games – when added – do NOT make it 12 games to choose from. It’s 45 games minimum a year, so by your reckoning, if we have always had 5 a month, our minimum would be SIXTY a year!

@Golwar: It’s in Dutch, by the Dutch twitter-account…

@Coody-Baroody
When they added the Vita to the IGC, they promised that nothing would change for the PS3. And that was true.
Previous to adding the PS4 they were asked if anything would change, and they once again said that it wouldn’t. That’s what matters.

@Coody-Baroody

as someone who is on this blog all the time im rather surprised you take the video as your source of info.

chris the plus manager himself replied directly to people when they asked if ps4 content would effect the amount of ps3 content given and the reply to them was it will continue as it is now with 3 ps3 games and 2 vita games and the ps4 content would be in addition to this.

if you think people being lied to and then asking questions about it makes them a spoiled brat then thats your opinion but personally i see it as standing up for my consumer rights, if you are happy for a company to lie to you and take your money and them pat them on the back for it then fair play to you but i wont be joining you in the back patting.

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 14:41

The video is made by ACCESS not PS and it was made AFTER the PS4 reveal as it says that PS+ will soon be on that too. It CLEARLY states we have 12 at any one time and a minimum of 45?a year.

We ARE getting what we pay for it’s just that they have been giving us MORE than the minimum required so now you all think it’s your right. That’s the very definition of a spoilt brat!

Your damn right I’m patting SCEE on the back! PS+ has already paid for itself DOZENS of times over and instead of giving Chris and the SCEE guys your happy thoughts at getting even MORE AAA new ish games all you can do is b!tch about the 5th game.

Look at the games SCEA PS+ gets n then tell me they don’t deserve our thanks!

AAA-WESOME!
I don’t really need the THIRD game next month!!!
Those two are more then enough!

DeividHasselhoff 11 October, 2013 @ 14:42

Average month for me, two games i’m going to play through.
Without complaining, i’d like to know what the average breakdown of games per month will be from now on with PS4 coming up. 2 PS3, 2 Vita, 1 PS4 or what?

billy_oneironaut 11 October, 2013 @ 14:43

You guys didn’t seriously expect to get 3 ps3 games anymore with all the focus on the PS4, did you?

@Coody-Baroody

if thats the case then why did chris tell people you will continue to get 3 ps3 games and 2 vita games along with ps4?

thats the issue he directly responded making that statement.

you don’t have an issue with the 5th game so why are you involving yourself in the discussion?
coming into the post calling people spoiled brats i would actually say your posts are flame bait looking for an argument.

Crap. Just bought MG Rising. Good choices this month, aka no fps games

Where’s the third PS3 game? The other two games are great and all, but why no third game?

Great month yet again. About Next month’s content, can you do it again early like this one please, I’m sure some of us are going to be giving our PS3s away when the PS4 arrives and it would be great to get one last month in. I’m desperately hoping for Sly 4 on the PS3, please make it happen :).

Oh and about the Vita IGC, it’s due in November, can we expect an announcement sometime next month?

windsorblue01 11 October, 2013 @ 14:49

what about the people who is not getting a ps4 yes there are a few of us, so your cutting ps3 content because of ps4 this was never mentioned before

@ Chris Howe…. Great selection this month, i own a couple but either way its a nice update so thanks for that.
But i do find your early comment a little worrying…..You said….

“We also have some cracking titles for PSP/ PS VITA lined up for the future months so don’t fear if these are not your cup of tea”

Please don’t say you are going to be swapping out Vita titles for older PSP titles that there’s a good chance a lot of us have already owned. Also PSP games don’t have trophy support my nephews will be really upset about that.
Its also not the deal plus was offering, Three PS3 and Two PS Vita games thats the deal i signed up for and thats what you have given. Please don’t change it.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 11 October, 2013 @ 14:50

I have been happy with each PS Plus update, but this is the first time I have felt disappointed in it. The service delivers recent ‘AAA’ titles as promised, but to me it is the principle of removing a game slot without notification.

Please answer this!!!! :P
Will angry birds or monopoly streets ever be on ps+
Thanks :)
Also amazing update!!!

FriendlyFireOz 11 October, 2013 @ 14:55

Great line up! Especially looking forward to Oddworld on the Vita.

@ Coody-Baroody

also after looking around sony have stated we will get 45 games per year since the first day the igc launched in 2012 BEFORE vita support was added http://tinyurl.com/cglrhvz vita content was in addition to this amount when that was added.

so you see the facts seem to change all the time where the igc is concerned so i think theres nothing wrong with expecting an answer

Oh. MY. GOD!

Chris, you can’t imagine at the slightest what kind of a big favor you’ve done me with this. Now I can have Metal Gear Rising on my 2 consoles without issues: One of my top games for this 2013. I swear this has to be one of the best titles to come to Plus. Guys, enjoy it as much as I enjoyed it. And the soundtrack too!

Also, Remember Me has been calling me quite a bit ever since launch, but due many reasons couldn’t even get it on sale.

And now I can play Stranger’s Wrath on Vita as well.

Best month hands down, for me at least. And let me say, I was quite afraid when Ross left us a year ago. But this year proves SCEE did one big great choice appointing you as his replacement — This past 12 months have been a great, good run.

(Also, I’d note on the post that MotorStorm RC is Cross-buy, I also thought at first we just had 2 games :P).

Keep it coming on PS4 as games release, Chris — this service just gets better and better. Thanks :)

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 15:01

I’m not looking for an argument mate, really I’m not, I make love not war! Lol

I just think you guys need a bit of a reality check and a change of perspective cos we get an amazing service with PS+, especially when compared to SCEA and when you see their games and the difference in quality compared to ours, it makes me very thankful for the amazing job our guys do.

And in regards to what you said Chris replied to people saying, I get the feeling he probably said they will do their best to get us that amount of games each month.

It’s ALWAYS said on the Store and everywhere else we will get access to a MINIMUM of 45 games a year. That’s less than 4 a month.

DoYouLikeMyID 11 October, 2013 @ 15:02

I’m not complaining about 1 less PS3 game, because the quality of the games on offer is very high, but it would at least make sense to tell us why there’s only 2 PS3 games on offer this month, or tell us if this is permanent, or tell us if this is in preparation of PS4’s arrival.

So to sum up: I don’t really mind the fact that there’s only 2 PS3 games on offer, but the complete silence about the reasoning for this, or even any signs of acknowledgement of it, is rather concerning.

All we’re asking for is a reason.

WELSHDRAGON_74 11 October, 2013 @ 15:05

awesome update some gr8 games for my ps3 & vita…metal gear i wil be trying motorstorm rc too but remember me wel personally i did not lik it i bought it at launch and i could not get into it…stil a awesome month so chris thumbs up dude just cant wait now to see what deals we get with ps4 as i am lik a kid at christmas counting down the days til launch…greatness awaits..

@Coody-Baroody: Its not a matter of being spoiled or wanting 3 PS3 games, its about informing people, including “bad” news. The confusion on the Blog shows clearly people arent informed. If its 1 PS4 game, 2 PS3 games and 2 VITA games from now on, PS+ is still more then worth the money to me. Even though i cancelled my PS4 so i wont be benefitting from those. What matters to me is that people get ignored 90% of the time if asking questions they rather have not been asked, or announcing good news with all trumpets to get some pats on the back while not mentioning stuff that might cause some stir ups. Imo people starting to ask questions bout those things has nothing to do with being spoiled, they just want to be informed in both cases.

@coody-baroody

if chris had said that then that would be ok but he actually said it will be same great service with 3 ps3 games and 2 vita plus ps4.

there was no ifs of maybe’s or possibility’s it was posted as fact.

i have no issues with quality of titles

@Coody-Baroody
As I already said in comment #93, they could have chosen to be honest about it right away. What do you think that people more mind?

1. Listen, with the PS4 addition will cut the PS3 by one game. But trust us, it’ll be worth it.

2. Nothing will change everyone! Promise!
Oh here, see the IGC for November.
What, you have questions about missing content? I have no idea what you guys are talking about and will thus remain silent and ignore all of you.

That’s what causes the upset. Not one damn game switching from PS3 to PS4.

159.1

Please refer to comment 1 on this thread

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 15:08

@DoYouLikeMyID

We already have our reason mate, we get a minimum of 45 games a year and last year we got almost 20 MORE than that with 64. So, now and again we won’t get the 5 games a month we’ve been treated for God knows how long. As long as there are 12 games to choose from at all times and at least 45 a year, Sony are holding up there end.

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 15:13

To all of you again…….I’m not the enemy guys and I mean no offense so I apologise for the spoilt brat remark BUT……again, it’s always said 45 games a year MINIMUM so the fact another console got added, the Vita, meant that we got ALOT more than 45 and we got 64.

Now, when PS4 comes in the minimum may change but even if it doesn’t I bet SCEE still provide ALOT more again but as long as they give us 12 at all times n 45 a year we are getting what we pay for.

@chris

so now crossbuy games count on both the ps3 and vita side?
never been the case before.

shame as like me im guessing most people see which platform they like the game on best then play it all on that, i think more people played both before shared trophy lists were the norm but now people just play one or the other so kinda feels like a slot has been taken away from igc now.

162.1

Please refer to comment 1 on this thread

Thanks for clarifying this about that 2 PS3 games Chris. They truly are 2 amazing retail titles for this month.

Coody-Baroody 11 October, 2013 @ 15:16

Work it out guys, if we WERE meant to have 5 a month then the yearly minimum would be 60 not 45 wouldn’t it

@Coody-Baroody….. You need to stop saying the same thing over and over!
We get it PS Plus is amazing and offers a great service and i whole heartedly agree with you but its totally understandable for people to want to know what the deal is.
The quality or age of the games should not effect the volume we get, offering only two PS3 games means we have less chance of getting something we like and something we don’t already own. Take me for example, i own MGR and motorstorm rc and i have no interest in Oddworld i already tried PS3 version. So that only leaves me one game to try out, which i’m unsure about but hopefully ill enjoy it, the missing third game does not really upset me but id still like to know what’s happening and i’m sure you do too.

maybe they just couldn’t pull enough content together for this month, or they are keeping a surprise for the PS4 launch

MGR isn’t my type of game and Remember Me only scored 62% on Metacritic. PS3 and Vita content should be separated. There’s a lot more PS+ users out there with only PS3’s than PS+ users with PS3’s and Vita’s. They shouldn’t have to supplement the Vita market.

@coody-baroody

but the 12 games you quoting are wrong.

it was 10 ps3 games at any time with 3 sticking around 12 months
and
4 vita games with 2 sticking around 12 months

making 14 games at a time not 12.

Thanks you Chris for another amazing Plus update. The Vita stuff is not my thing but the PS3 games are awesome.

TBH, i am fairly sure we will be getting the third in some way or another and probably more, so sit tight folks! all will be revealed i’m sure.

@Chris: thanks for replying bout Uncharted / Gravity Rush. Do you also have any information bout wether they will be replaced on a yearly base or arent they being replaced anymore in future?
Your comment regarding the PS3 games i dont understand though, as they said on the Dutch Twitter account we will be getting 2 PS3 games each month from now on. They also said it was a decision of the head office. So there clearly has been made a change, but you reply as if nothing changed and theres nothing to explain. If something changes i rather be informed. That said, i still find PS+ worth my money and thanks for the games on offer, they have been awesome the past few months.

171.1

Please refer to comment 1 on this thread

European_Gamer 11 October, 2013 @ 15:32

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, maybe I’ll get PS+ Again.

You guys in charge of PS+ are wonderful people, keep the good games coming!!

Amazing update as usual, thank you :)

im starting to fear the vita will drop from yearly rotation to just the 2 games per month thus making the 12 games at a time target.

I-KILLED_U-LOL__ 11 October, 2013 @ 15:38

awesome line up cant wait till 23rd is there any news on avatars and themes coming back to plus?

@chris
ps3 users will have 2 new games added per month
and
psvita users will have access to 2 games every month? as we have access to 4 right now is this conformation that gravity rush and uncharted will not be replaced?

your wording of the answer seems that way to me

176.1

I have just updated the comment to say 2 new PS VITA titles a month, at the moment I have no information to share regarding the updating of Uncharted and Gravtiy Rush

Wouldn’t the addition of a cheap downloadable PS3-PSN game to the IGC as 3rd game be a nice compromise? For me it doesn’t have to be 3 blockbuster AAA titles each month. (don’t have the time to play them all) Something like Galcon Labs, MotorHead or Tetraminos for example. I assume they could be acquired rather cheap by the PS-Plus-Team and would also mix up the game genres in the IGC library.

I’ve been thinking about buying Remember Me last week, because it was on sale at Play-Asia, but is seems like I did the right choice not to. :D