UPDATE: PlayStation App is now available for download on iOS and Android.
ORIGINAL POST: We previously announced that the PlayStation app would launch today, 22nd November. However, we’re still making some final tweaks to ensure the experience is butter-smooth for you ahead of the PS4 launch next Friday. The app will now launch next week, in plenty of time for the arrival of PS4 on 29th November.
This new app will help you enjoy your gaming experience anytime, anywhere, no matter how far away you are from your TV. As revealed by Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida at Tokyo Games Show back in September, we’ve added a number of new features to the app to offer a richer, more immersive mobile PlayStation experience.
Let’s go into more detail, shall we?
With the PlayStation App installed on your mobile device, you can:
- See what your friends are playing, compare your trophy collections, view your profile and track recent activity.
- Chat with your friends. You can receive notifications, game alerts and invitations through the app, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for the PS4.
- Browse PlayStation Store, pick-up the latest games and add-ons, and push them to your PS4 system so they are ready to play when you get home.
- Take advantage of second-screen features on supported games (such as The PlayRoom), offering additional game content and/or alternative control options.
- View PlayStation guides, game manuals and, of course, PlayStation Blog.
Stay tuned to PlayStation Blog for more information!