Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD arrives on PS3 today

lead image

Greetings friends! We’re incredibly happy to announce that Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD is now officially out in Europe.

Following the recent US release, we’ve done lots of tweaking and polishing to make our game even better. As you may have seen in the video, Carnivores is a realistic hunting simulator where you will be hunting some of the most well-known dinosaurs.

You’ll get a chance to track down Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Ceratosaurus and a T-Rex! There are also flying Pteranodons, small and peaceful Gallimimuses and cute tiny Pelecanimimuses roaming around. If you like playing games with your children around, then you may set weapons to non-lethal tranquiliser mode to capture dinosaurs without killing them. Or you may just wander around observing the wildlife and enjoy the sights in Observer Mode designed specifically for exploration.

Hunting locations are different islands about four square kilometers in size, each featuring a unique environment. There are deserts, jungles and deep forests. Each level comes in three variations: daytime, evening, and misty.

Carnivores_HD_exclusive_screenshot_11Carnivores_HD_exclusive_screenshot_7

Carnivores-dev-2013-10-02-18-30-56-34Carnivores_HD_exclusive_1

It is a complete remake of a popular PC title – Carnivores. We completely reworked everything from scratch and made the game more suitable for modern gamers. Don’t you worry hardcore fans! It still remains a very realistic and challenging hunting simulator, where the hunter can quickly become the prey!

If you want to know more about our game, feel free to check some of our ‘Tips and Tricks’ videos. They will greatly improve your hunting skills before you even start playing!

Getting dinosaurs for the Trophy Room
Top 11 little-known tips
Advanced gameplay tips. Part 1
Advanced gameplay tips. Part 2
How to use decoy

Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Get in touch via our website or Facebook page.

Carnivores_HD_exclusive_screenshot_2

21 Comments
10 Author replies

Thanks for this blog post! Ever since the US release, I’ve been eying this game, and now it’s available in Europe, as well! Great! This looks like it will be a really fun game to play! Is there any price for this game? I’m guessing it’ll be around the €9,99 range, but I’m not sure. If you could inform me regarding the price, Artem, that would be incredible! Thank you in advance!

Artem Kuryavchenko 18 December, 2013 @ 15:01
1.1

Hi RemyX-1988,

it is €9,99, you are right.

Happy hunting!

YAAAY!

Thanks for this.

“runs of to hunt dinosaurs”

Prices, Prices, Prices…. What’s the point of announcing it’s release today if you’re not going to put the prices up in their relevant currencies?
It’s one of the most important pieces of information yet it seems to be forgotten in most announcements for games on here.

Artem Kuryavchenko 18 December, 2013 @ 15:04
3.1

Hi Serpantino,

it’s €9,99 or £7.99.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the information. Just noticed there’s a store update with the pricing on. It’s still good to see it on these kinds of posts though as you’re effectively pitching the game to me.

As Carnivores started out as a Mini; is there any chance of Carnivores HD coming to the PlayStation Vita?

Artem Kuryavchenko 18 December, 2013 @ 16:23
5.1

Just a little reminder. Carnivores started as a PC game in good old 1998.

Hey Artem,

I do have the same question as above. Will Carnivores appear on the Vita?

Artem Kuryavchenko 18 December, 2013 @ 16:22
6.1

Hi NOSAJ19 and legenaed,

let us see how you players accept the game. Then we will think about porting the game to different platform.

Yes, but I was referring to starting out on PlayStation platforms. ;)

The game looks great on PS3 and I would really like to see it on Vita.

I too would love to see this on the Vita. The mechanics would suit the handheld well and I’d definitely buy it on there at this price.

Hey Artem is there any plot in this game, does your character time travel to prehistoric times. Or is it set in the Jurrasic Park universe? Also any chance of a PS4 release? :)

Artem Kuryavchenko 18 December, 2013 @ 20:15
9.1

Hello Franzkill,
thanks for your interest to our game.

Please visit our site at carnivoreshd.com. Section Overview contains some kind of plot of the game.

Porting our game to any other platform depends on how you players accept the game.

Please ask us anything you need to know about the game. You can use info@carnivoreshd.com

AmorousBadger1 18 December, 2013 @ 18:39

Just been reading some reviews for this.

Ouch.

Artem Kuryavchenko 18 December, 2013 @ 20:09
10.1

Hello AmorousBadger1,

it turned out that most reviewers didn’t care about hunting simulation and wanted to complete game as soon as possible, but with our game it is not the case. I would highly recommend to check reviews and Let’s Plays on YouTube to build your own opinion.

Please also take into account that SCEE version is pretty much re-balanced and some issues are gone.

ps vita version pleaseee

hitman_stephen 18 December, 2013 @ 23:03

2.33 – I see amazon are delivering dines by drones now too!

Hi Artem, no Velociraptors ? Why ? :/

Artem Kuryavchenko 19 December, 2013 @ 08:32
13.1

Hi Seishoujyo,

development time is the main reason. Please look at the Credits section of Main Menu and see the stuff amount. All our dinosaurs feature different behavior and Velociraptors (as well as Allosaurus and some more) deserve bigger attention than we could afford.

PLAYSTATION 4

awe man, i don’t want to go backwards now,lol.
Debating on whether i should get this on Ps3 or wait and hopefully they’ll be a Port. hmmm *sigh..

AlexTheStampede 19 December, 2013 @ 06:09

… you guys like too much my money :P
Jokes aside, how does this compare with the iOS version, content wise? You added a lot of stuff to both Carnivories and Carnivories: IA over there, compared to the good old originals. And speaking of that, after seeing how it will sell, please don’t forget to consider to remake Ice Age :D

Artem Kuryavchenko 19 December, 2013 @ 08:35
15.1

Hello AlexTheStampede,

we cannot compare PS3 version with iOS version. Starting Carnivores on PS3 we looked at the original Carnivores released for PC on 1998.

We certainly will remember about Ice Age, thanks!

Bloodlust_1138 19 December, 2013 @ 07:05

Interesting concept and kind of fills a gap Far Cry 3 left behind.

I like that you ask people to check the Lets plays on YouTube instead of the overly biased, often out of touch and pandering to the mass morons ‘journalists’.

Artem Kuryavchenko 19 December, 2013 @ 08:37
16.1

Hi Bloodlust_1138,

it’s nice to hear that you agree with us.

Happy hunting!

I like everything about this game (only that there are no raptors in the game is unfortunate) but the most I like is this: “If you like playing games with your children around, then you may set weapons to non-lethal tranquiliser mode to capture dinosaurs without killing them. ”

They love dinos, have about 30-40 pieces of big and small dino toys. They like watching documentaries as well, like walking with the dinos. But not killing them and playing a game in the same time is really a good thing in this game.

Artem, I think I will buy it for a try, it’s a nice little project and I like dinos, but please add some Velociraptors next time if you will make another game.

Artem Kuryavchenko 23 December, 2013 @ 11:13
18.1

Hi Seishoujyo,

Velociraptors deserves a big portion of development time which we could not afford. But we certainly don’t forget about them. They are just waiting ;)

Thanks for your interest to our game.

Awesome! This will be a great Christmas present for myself. You should bring this to PS4. Oh and PLEASE make a PS Vita version! I have a feeling I will wanna bring this with me everywhere I go!

Looks amazing, but I don’t have a PS3, I have a vita though. I love carnivores, and I would like to see it on the vita. Please make it for the vita, and then I will consider getting it.

Is any chance of this coming to ios and android? ;)

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history