Posted

Take a look at cute strategy game Battle of Puppets

Seize control of an army of opera-singing marionettes in this unique PS Mobile gem

Hello everyone. My name is Alan Crane and I am the co-founder of Tama Games. Today, I’m here to tell you a little about our new game, Battle of Puppets.

Battle of Puppets is a one-of-a-kind linear strategy game, where the main characters are — as the name suggests — puppets! Are cute puppets not your thing? Worry not, this isn’t just a cutesy game with rainbows, unicorns and adorable puppets – and it’s not just because there are no unicorns in this game. In Battle of Puppets you’ll be playing the role of the mastermind puppeteer to strategically play your puppets against your opponents’—in an opera. It’s all about tactics, and let’s not forget, being ruthless!

2013-12-16-222211

2013-12-16-230534

You’ll be controlling the marionette army to perform five different operas (Madama Butterfly, Aida, Carmen, Valkiria and Salome) in 22 theatres across America. I’ll tell you one thing: to win this game, it’s going to take a little more than just pulling a few strings. You’ll have to tactically plot against your enemies by booing them; destroying their castles; winning the crowd’s hearts; upgrading your puppets to become undefeatable!

2013-12-16-215857

One of my favourite things about this game is how detailed the puppets are — maybe even a little too detailed. If you look closely, you’ll notice that in the Madama Butterfly opera, the puppets on horses are wearing a Japanese Kabuto helmet! These little details (that often go unnoticed) are what we like to perfect! “Nerd Alert”, right? But in all seriousness, I think that this is one of the things that make this game unique and special.

2013-12-16-222822

We’re not a big company (in fact we’re a very small company) and nobody is making big bucks – although we wish we did, so that we could finally move out of our parents’ basements! We are a team of genuine gamers who just like to play games and make games that are fun to play. We’d love it if casual gamers and hardcore gamers could check out our newest game. We’d love to hear your opinions!

Battle of Puppets is available on PlayStation Mobile right now, priced £2.19/€2.79!

iwantyoufinal

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

12 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

polash_thelegend 17 February, 2014 @ 2:07 pm   1

PS Mobile for India. Please.

I know this probably isn’t the place to ask. But….. *crosses fingers*

This looks pretty cool, will give it a go 🙂

Like the idea of it and like to upgrade abilities and characters (something to work towards) but probally no trophy support. Build this into a proper indie game with trophies on the vita and you’ll get a day one purchase from me.

Can’t find it on the PSM store.(the swedish PSM store)

With available now, dio you mean on Wednesday?

jorispelgrom 17 February, 2014 @ 3:11 pm   5

Will this game be available in ALL European PSM countries, or just the countries where PSM was available when it launched?

No video? 🙁

raZZcolbaSS 18 February, 2014 @ 2:47 am   7

Make this the full indie game with trophies and I will surely buy it. Regarding PS Mobile… many countries still don’t have access to this service including my homeland, so I’ll have to miss this game if it’ll be PS Mobile-only release.

Looks good I shall go and get it right now! Can we please get more games like this and less poorly translated Japanese games that look like they took 2 hours to code (don’t worry Japan I will still buy ALL of your well translated JRPGs)

Artemisthemp 18 February, 2014 @ 12:02 pm   9

Looks like a Castle Crasher clone, which ain’t a bad thing 🙂

Can’t find the app on the Google play store

psm-tgames 21 February, 2014 @ 3:43 am   11

This is Alan, from Tama. Thanks very much to the PSN team for providing thist post! Let me address some of the questions here

@kivi95, jorispelfrom
It should be available in the Swedish store as soon as we can find someone to localise the English store description to Swedish 🙂 We are currently missing the Nordic countries just because of this, all other PSM countries should be available

@seldinhio
Sorry, we could not prepare a video in time for this 🙁 Our two-man team was swamped as it is, and although they tried to capture a video we were unable to do so this time.

@raZZcolbaSS
PS Mobile is good for certain things, unfortunately as you pointed out it is missing in some countries and has no trophy support. We would love to include it, but that is up to Sony! We are planning a native Vita title though, with trophies and all.

@matdub69
Instead of a poorly translated Japanese game, this one has poorly Japanese translations!

@CrazyRap
I believe you cannot download the PSM app from the Google Play store, but you need to do it from the Sony page. Within your Vita though, you should be able to get it from the normal vita storefront.

Thansk everyone for taking the time to comment and reading the article!!

Kribbstar 19 March, 2014 @ 1:03 pm   12

@psm-tgames Hello there, I’m still missing your game in the swedish psn store. I wonder why you would need to localise as our store is in english and not swedish?