Posted

Batman: Arkham Knight arrives on PS4 in 2014

Your first look at the epic finale to Rocksteady’s acclaimed superhero series

Our friends at Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment have just revealed that Batman: Arkham Knight, the epic finale to Rocksteady’s acclaimed Arkham series, is heading to PS4 later this year. In it, players will become the Batman in what promises to be the most detailed, fully realised rendition of Gotham yet. And yes, they’ll get to drive the Batmobile, too.

Watch the stunning announcement trailer above, and read on for more details from WB.

Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment are announcing Batman: Arkham Knight, Rocksteady Studios’ conclusion to the series of award-winning titles Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Batman: Arkham Knight is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license and is scheduled to be released worldwide on PS4 in 2014.

In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city that he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever. Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.

For more information on Batman: Arkham Knight, please visit us on Twitter, Facebook or at www.batmanarkhamknight.com

BAK_PS4_2D_ENG

57 Comments
0 Author replies

Fantastic, can we expect exclusive PS4 content and gameplay at E3?

@fred

Batman looks great – will probably not be playing it on ps4 though if things continue as they are. Thanks for the post.

PS could you please ask the relevant team members for their response to the growing concerns posted in the ps+ post march. We are all feeling unloved

@GEO-35

You’re just spamming now. That’s not relevant here.

Anyway, back on track, saw this posted up for preorder on GAME earlier today, glad it’s confirmed now. Loving the series so far, let’s hope this finale doesn’t disappoint.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that they announce this game 2 months before the story DLC for Arkham Origins comes out ? It’s like they are anticipating that the DLC is going to be horrible, and that Warner Bros. feels that there’s no point in advertising it anymore since it’s going to be bad or something like that. I don’t know, it just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me announce a new game when the previous game is still getting a story DLC in April.

However; the trailer was awesome and being able to drive the Batmobile sounds awesome !! Really excited for this new game !!

frimo_online 04 March, 2014 @ 16:26

Looks pretty. Only saw the PS4 logo at the end of the trailer, will this be a PS4 exclusive I wonder? I love absolutely loved Asylum and City, still need to get my hands on Origins. Looking forward to seeing more of this!

I am not buying a PS4 because of the cut of the PS3 plus games while SCEA kept all 3 of theirs and not being given any explaination, our worse sales and the ridiculous digital prices in the SCEE region.

Looking at the product listings on GAME, it’s PC and 8th-Gen consoles only.

supersmith2500 04 March, 2014 @ 16:32

Nice to see the Dark Knight coming to next gen. Really huge fan of Batman. I would get Origins soon but I heard there is a game breaking bug in Arkham Origins. Hope it get’s exclusive content and a PSVita port. :D

Thanks Rocksteady you pushed me one step closer to buy ps4. If you released this game today I would go to the shop in a flash speed.
Can’t wait for this Need for Spee….I mean Need for Bat!

And I think this is what will convince me to join the next gen party.

@frimo_online: I’m pretty sure almost all trailers posted on the sonyplaystation youtube channel only show PS logos at the end, it’s verry unlikely that the final game in a multiplatform series would suddenly be an exclusive.

frimo_online 04 March, 2014 @ 16:36

@MaxDiehard Love that someone else keeps track. Also, minus the WiiU it seems, just checked the site.

Now I’m torn as to whether or not I should get a PS4 for this, or still wait for a little longer…

i’m waiting for the release of ” Batman: Arkham Knight ” !!! I’ll get this game as soon it’s released :D !!!

@frimo_online

With Thief out now and inFamous Second Son releasign later this month, now it the perfect time to invest in a PS4. Also heard that Driveclub is due to release in April.

Also with the Wii U, I never saw it as a real contender for being part of 8th-Gen. It has nowhere near enough graphical or processing power compared to PS4 and Xbox One.

Hopefully it will be a living breathing City? :P If not i will be a bit disappointed :(

Own all Arkham games, very excited about this!

LionheartRonin 04 March, 2014 @ 17:15

Dear God, the ridiculous complaining is becoming tiresome.

You really don’t need to come into an unrelated thread to state that you aren’t buying a PlayStation 4 – if you don’t want to be a part of something, don’t be a part of it.

All you are doing is showing that what you really crave is attention, and trying to create a situation – it is the equivalent of a small child screaming because no-one is paying attention to them.

You’re unhappy with PS Plus offerings? Don’t renew your PS Plus subscription.
You’re unhappy with sale prices? Don’t purchase anything in those sales.
You’re unhappy with digital pricing? Don’t make digital purchases.

In short, you are perfectly entitled to be unhappy with something, and to vote with your wallet – by all means, boycott everything that you are unhappy with.

Show full comment

Dear God, the ridiculous complaining is becoming tiresome.

You’re unhappy with PS Plus offerings? Don’t renew your PS Plus subscription.
You’re unhappy with sale prices? Don’t purchase anything in those sales.
You’re unhappy with digital pricing? Don’t make digital purchases.

But please don’t clog up entirely unrelated threads reminding us again that “I AM NOT BUYING A PLAYSTATION 4 FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS” because all jokes aside, I doubt anyone who came to this thread to speak about an awesome new Batman release is really that interested.

Infinitely more importantly – Batman comes to the PlayStation 4! Consider my pre-order placed :)

Last tot games were a blast on the ps3 can’t wait to see some actual gameplay on ps4 from this one. Hopefully they got something to show on this years E3.

@LionheartRonin

Completely agree with everything you said.

AND ON TOPIC….Can’t wait for this!

@LionheartRonin

Gonna keep it short and sweet and apologise to people taking offence at my opinion. I am as you summised unhappy yes and I realise I was slighty off topic, but I have been chasing Fred and Chris for an answer and seeing as he was replying here decided to ask. I shall in future be inserting said questions into each post I make on as a sticky. I dont crave attention just answers.

The comment about the Ps4 was addressed to fred anyways. I said about as much on topic as you re batman, just Im just not so pro sony at the moment. And I like others are paid up members for many years so unless they do refunds we stuck. Anyways no more from me don’t want to get accused of spamming again. And really don’t want to annoy my fellow Playstationers. Hope you really enjoy batman when it arrives it I really have enjoyed the past incanations, expect good things.

LionheartRonin 04 March, 2014 @ 18:07

@GEO-35

My issue with this is that it has already been clarified previously that there are certain things that Fred and Chris cannot comment on, the same type of boundaries that exist in any industry – I doubt that they personally made the decision to downsize PS Plus, or set the digital prices, or the sale content.

My opinion has always been to vote with your wallet. Sales figures are king, and from a cynical standpoint, if people are complaining yet still actively subscribing, then there isn’t anything to address – the only way to make your point regarding dissatisfaction with a service is to cease paying for it.

If you have subscribed long term, then yes, that is unfortunate, but to be fair – although the deal may have gotten slightly less sweet, PS Plus is still a tasty honeypot compared to the alternatives. :)

I’m with you GEO. I’ve been holding off complaining, PS+ is and has been a great service. My problem is the lack of respect and transparency from SCEE. Silence and ignorance is not the way to go, the main reason I have never been keen on anything Microsoft. If they replied with something like an apology for the reduction in games and quality due to financial restraints etc. I’d be more inclined to be forgiving, but silence and ignorance??? Shame.

LionheartRonin 04 March, 2014 @ 18:07

Again – this game looks awesome! Trying to figure out where in the chronology it’ll lie though – more ruthless Batman suggests earlier in his evolution, maybe prior to Asylum and City?

Really looking forward to this one. I played and enjoyed Origins, and really enjoyed the younger, rawer Batman – the parallels between the Origins story and my favourite story arc (Knightfall) were brilliant, feeling Batman outnumbered yet untrusting, insisting on working alone against the odds – made for an engrossing story!

Any chance of releasing 7-8 months early guys? :P

Glad to see the series back in the hands of Rocksteady, Warner Bros. made one hell of a mess with Origins.

For those that are unaware, Origins is riddled with game-breaking bugs and Warner Bros issued a ‘middle finger statement’ saying they have no intention of fixing it. Yet they’re still releasing DLC.

Since it contradicts the story established by Rocksteady, and is such a god-awful mess, I’d advise other games to steer clear of Origins and not consider it part of the ‘Trilogy’. I wish I’d never bought it, and I’ll never be buying a Warner Bros-developed game again. They have absolutely no respect for their customers.

@Lionhertronin

I wish they would re-clarify though to make things clearer, it would stop a lot of the complaining. Any way dont want to hijack this thread anymore see awsemnouts thread that will explain my position, if you are really interested. Re the batman games I have played the first 2 they are great I wonder if that means we might be getting Origins in PS+ soon …any comment fred? Rocksteady really dont seem to be able to put a foot wrong in my opinion.

@LionheartRonin

Arkham Knight is set after the events of Arkham City, so it’s a sequel.

Looks awesome. Good to see Bruce Wayne is a normal guy too, not some buffed up dude on steroids.

LionheartRonin 04 March, 2014 @ 18:34

@Maxdiehard

Interesting! Wonder what that says about his combat style?

Pretty sure I saw him leave someone on fire in the trailer above, and the arm snap coupled with the head through the car window suggests a certain ruthlessness…interesting :)

great looking game, hope mr North does the voiceover for penguin again… (Nate Uncharted mr North), also by the time this releases am hoping the ‘demo for every game’ promise/statement is up and running.. just soooo unpatient for ps4s power to be released fully..

Greenpeace08 04 March, 2014 @ 19:18

Wow, as soon as rocksteady popped up knew this was gonna be amazing , just what fans of the seers wanted, was hoping it would introduce other characters like flash and night wing that u could control and free roam with, add catwoman back into it as she was great in city … But wow

“the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.”
I can’t wait! I’ve wanted this since the first game! Trailer looked amazing!

First of all, finally another “good” batman release looks breathtaking.

off topic: Stop ure complaining, ure already getting so much for 50bucks. initially in the beginning the promised a set amount of stuff, but as consoles join they cant keep offering mroe for 50 bucks. in a year there might be more ps4 games on plus then ps3 each month, thats evolution.
Im happy with it, and most people are too, cause u ppl here on the blog are a minority anyway, most people just dont bother or care, 300ppl/millions sold consoles.
And if you dont buy a ps4, easy answer: sucks to be you then, your loss.
V.

@vavires

Firstly yep does look good doesn’t it rocksteady again yippee!

Off topic: simply no.

Have a nice evening

Be getting my ps4 soon especially for uncharted. On batman played asylum and city, great games but origins MASSIVE let down, I didnt even finish it. Happy to see rocksteady back at the helm. Loving the batmobile

Megaton news!!thank u rocksteady!

Looking forward to it. The Batman Arkham games are a series I’ve grown quite fond of.

CGI, Yay. I’ll wait until I see someone playing game normally before I get any hype.

Hope they finally get rid of the obvious play style rooms in this one. It was want as bad as A:A, but walking into an area and just looking at the layout and knowing what kind of ‘combat room’ we were getting, got old really quick.

fearlessjammy 05 March, 2014 @ 08:49

Finally, you get to drive the Batmobile…

Great trailer. I have to complete Arkham Origins first. Will there be a competition to win a PS4 with Arkham Knight game with DLC and goodies like comics, posters, T-shirts and statuette?

I forgot to put etc at the end of my last message! D’oh!

@maxdiehard its not relevant anywhere. It doesnt matter where you post the comments we dont get answers so I urge everybody to post comments on every blog until they start answering atleast some of the question we ask especially wen it comes to ps plus

SpiderMike_X 05 March, 2014 @ 11:19

And I urge everyone to simply report off topic comments. Moderation will be in full effect. Doing the opposite of what Fred has asked, just because people personally don’t think they are getting what they want is not only juvenile, but also annoying to those who graciously post updates about their game, who have no say on Sony policy, who have to come here and read not feedback about their game, but bile and drivel from the same people week in and week out.

extermin8or_ 05 March, 2014 @ 12:51

AHHHHH I can’t wait, Origins was a let down but I’m certain Rocksteady won’t disappoint and from what I’ve read/heard this game so

extermin8or_ 05 March, 2014 @ 12:51

far-it will be AWESOME!

Good. I’ll start from buying the first two (not much interested on Origins).
Today I buyed City GOTY.

@SpiderMike_X

And I assume that means you as well then. Your first post in here addresses the topic in no way whatsoever, yet you come here to insult people with genuine concerns calling them bile and drivel, you come here with malice simply to provoke. Take your own advice and report yourself. If you don’t want to read it don’t, sticks and stones and all that.

SpiderMike_X 05 March, 2014 @ 15:15

@GEO-35

You seem to have a soapbox, which you stand upon, regardless the blog post and seemingly BLAST the populace with your 1st world problems regarding PlayStation Plus, purely because using the official channels will not garner you with the attention you receive from so many people on the comment section.

It’s not a malicious act to label your constant annoyance posts as bile and drivel – It’s an opinion, and as the same time as you so “wisely” as me not to read it if I don’t like it, take a pinch of that advice yourself.

If you find my posts so malicious and condescending then simply refrain from reading them. Or click that report button, and the moderators will, again, act accordingly.

SpiderMike_X 05 March, 2014 @ 15:37

Ironic that even though my comment was in no way directed at you but the previous post to my first comment, yet you decide to jump on the defensive and take my comments on board as slurs against your own thoughts and opinions solely.

Despite what you may wish, you aren’t the only PlayStation consumer with a voice on this blog. Not everything relates to you, even though you paint yourself a target by droning on about PlayStation Plus. My issue was with K_C_1987 urging others to go against what a member of the PlayStation Team had asked. Pure defiance, in other words.

Now THAT is something I consider malicious.

SpiderMike_X 05 March, 2014 @ 15:59

I’m sure you’re all lovely people when you’re not obsessed with PlayStation but I come on to read about the article subject and the commentary regarding it, from the community. It’s frustrating reading the first few lines to find out it has nothing to do with the subject matter. You ask me not to look if I don’t like but how can I not. To get to the on-topic remarks I have to wade through nonsense.

Why not plague Fred’s Twitter account?

Spam email after email, call technical support periodically.

Take names, make quotes of things said.

Build a case.

Surely, after all this time, you can see that using the blog as a tool for change is fruitless. None of you are breaking new ground here. Since the blog went up there have been crusaders fighting for the silent majority (most of which don’t care) and nothing is ever resolved here.

Show full comment

Why not plague Fred’s Twitter account?

Spam email after email, call technical support periodically.

Take names, make quotes of things said.

Build a case.

It’s up to you. You speak for a fraction of the community who are unhappy with PS Plus and as such I’m probably one of many people who speak up about abusing and spoiling the blog for your own ends. It’s not directed at any single person in this or any other topic, but a broad generalisation.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history