Posted

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty trailer debuts gameplay footage

Your first look at the epic re-imagining of Abe’s Oddysee in action

Greetings everyone! So, it’s GDC week and to celebrate we wanted to share with you all the very first gameplay trailer for Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty.

image1

We’ve been working incredibly hard to bring you this epic re-imagining of Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee. In this trailer you’ll see elements of gameplay and locations we’ve been talking about for the past nine months, in all their 21st century glory!

image2

You’ll see the dynamic cameras, the epic full screen visual effects, Scrabs and Paramites, all trying to ruin Abe’s day. You’ll hear a new rhythm-filled rendition of an old classic from the original soundtrack and the new sound design.

image3

We hope you enjoy the trailer and are as excited as we are to get the finished game in your mits. We’ll be announcing the release date for the game on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita in due course, but until then watch the video and let us know what you think.

21 Comments
3 Author replies

Looks amazing, definitely getting this day 1.

pinkplaybunny 19 March, 2014 @ 16:11

Loved these games back in the day! Hope there are enough sales for new games too :-)

Pretty nice HD remaster. But I’d much rather prefer a totally new Oddworld game than a port. Still I’m excited for this, can’t wait to play it on the Vita!

TeddyBearTwinkle 19 March, 2014 @ 16:21

JUST RELASE THE GAME WILL YOU or il come there and release it to ps store MYSELF

if i made that HD remake yes its a remake i would of put it on ps store straght away

TeddyBearTwinkle 19 March, 2014 @ 16:21

for the last time people its not a HD remaster

ITS A REMAKE same game new graphics end off anyone who dont agree with me can just shut up

A_Nonny_Moose 19 March, 2014 @ 16:22

Maybe I’ll finally be able to complete this. It was too hard for me when I was a kid.

I heard that if this sells 250’000 it’ll help get us an Exoddus remake, and 500’000 for a new Oddworld title, but also that it would cost quite a lot. $30 was the rumour. If it’s £15 or something it might put me off a little bit, unless it’s cross-buy across all 3 platforms…

supersmith2500 19 March, 2014 @ 16:23

Looks amazing JAW and Oddworld! Cannot wait to play this fine game. :)

Stewart Gilray 19 March, 2014 @ 16:39
7.1

Absolutely LOVED the original, played for hours and hours to get to the end and to see the special ending as well. I hope this one has that too???

trulydeadly1 19 March, 2014 @ 17:04

Looks great! I love the tracking camera it has now. I think that’s the most noticeable addition, makes the game look so fluid! :)

Psicojacorral 19 March, 2014 @ 17:16

It looks great! Keep us more information soon, please :)

i hope playable on kid skill!

First game I ever played. Cracker of a character, and amazing artwork. Can’t wait…

New ‘n’ Tasty is one of the reasons I bought PS4. I know you have planned only a digital release but have you considered making a Kickstarter for a physical release? I would love to have a physical Collector’s Edition in my shelf.

You’re doing awesome work JAW. I hope you get to make that MGS remake.

Stewart Gilray 19 March, 2014 @ 17:45
13.1

Once and for all, we are not going to do an MGS remake, the intention from that post got warped, it was more a homage to the original than a REAL intent to remake it. But thanks for the vote of confidence ;)

It’s been a while since I played the originals, but isn’t that transform into Scrab power from the second game?

I3loodthirsty 19 March, 2014 @ 18:29

Game looks amazing and brings back memories from when I played the ps1 game.i ll definitely be getting this game :D

i will buy this in day 1. love this remakes. keep up the good work

DAY ONE for PS4. Hope for Cross-Buy Cross-Save with Vita

So excited for this – it looks fantastic. Cannot wait to play as Abe again “hee hee hee, follow me” – “OK!” Still makes me chuckle.

HomessaHomem 20 March, 2014 @ 09:13

Cross-buy and cross-save pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Day One buy for me on Vita and PS3. I love the Oddworld franchise. The respect and dedication you show towards your fans and followers is truly appreciated. If only other devs understood the value of interacting with their audience like you Odd ladies and gents.

Stewart Gilray 20 March, 2014 @ 11:43
20.1

Hey I love your AVATAR, where did you get that? ;-)

I haven’t buyed the old titles ’cause I’m waiting your remake ^^

Good work

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history