Posted

Destiny of Spirits launches on PS Vita tomorrow

Everything you need to know about the social strategy RPG

Hi everyone. Destiny of Spirits is launching tomorrow exclusively for the PlayStation Vita system! It’s free to play, so download it tomorrow from the PlayStation Store and start your game! Every day, we’ll be giving away a login bonus, so be sure to check back daily on your game to see what bonus the day will bring!

DoS_sakura

For those of you who haven’t heard of Destiny of Spirits yet, it’s a free to play location based strategy and RPG game, where you work together with friends and other players across the globe to summon, trade, merge and rent Spirits to use in battle!

Rare Summon – Knack

There are multiple ways to obtain Spirits in Destiny of Spirits. “Summon” is one way, and from time to time, you will see familiar PlayStation character Spirits available using the “Rare Summon” feature. Currently, Knack Spirits are available for a limited time only, so don’t miss this opportunity and make sure to get Knack Spirits added to your collection! There will be other PlayStation character Spirits available in the future, so please stay tuned.

KNACK_3 KNACK_1

Spirit Points, Summoning Stones, and Destiny Orbs

In Destiny of Spirits, the world contains three types of magical substances: Spirit Points, Summoning Stones and Destiny Orbs. Spirit Points are earned after battles and can be used to rent other player’s Spirits, merge Spirits to level up, and trade Spirits with other players. Summoning Stones are also earned through battles and you can use these to summon Spirits. Destiny Orbs are available for purchase at the PlayStation Store. Some features require Destiny Orbs like Advanced Summon, Rare Summon, restoring Spirit’s health, and other features at the Shop.

Your journey to become the ultimate Spirit Master begins tomorrow…Download the Destiny of Spirits game from the PlayStation Store and play with your fellow Spirit Masters all over the world!

Map

The online mode will be unavailable during this time. Apologies for the inconvenience.

33 Comments
0 Author replies
Gamesgbkiller 25 March, 2014 @ 14:05

“so you can download it right now from the PlayStation Store and start your game”

Now you say?!

^ Seems to be a common error on the blog posts these days. Nearly all that announce a title forget that a Store Publish needs to occur before the content can be obtained.

Also, Title = ” …Launches TOMORROW… ” Then a couple of sentences later = ” …download it NOW… “. I can forgive the requirement to pre-write these blogs in advance of a launch, it’s how marketing works but at least be aware of what you are publishing and when your content is available to the audience.

frimo_online 25 March, 2014 @ 14:18

I remember playing the beta and having a lot of fun. Look forward to having this back on my Vita!

theodor70941 25 March, 2014 @ 14:23

I was in the Beta, didn’t like it that much… But I’m willing to give this game another chance when it launches tomorrow whit the new PS Store update.

I’ve been waiting for this. Thanks guys! Any chance I recover the “Gravity Rush” spirits I had in the beta?
off-topic @Fred and @Chris – It has pass a month and we are still waiting for a reply from SCEE about the issues related with ps+ IGC. If an answer doesn’t arrive soon I’m back at the “spamming all topic with the question” routine

oh god =S the beta was so addicting…

tenshi_alpha 25 March, 2014 @ 14:57

Nice artwork. The game doesn’t look very involved, from the trailer.

crafting4you 25 March, 2014 @ 15:00

Cool. I love it. Can’t Wait. It is one of the games that will make me switch on my vita every day. ;-)

Yes answers would be great. Looking forward to the announcement of PS plus. We used to have it and the April games were released at the end of the previous month. Has this also changed. We haven’t heard anything about PS plus.

@Gamesgbkiller @Danlisa

They screwed up because as per usual, they copy/pasted this from the US blog. We’re second best as usual. If we all got our content on the same day, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Nice game but it sucks they deleted our spirits from beta had some nice rares, that’s a (CENSORED) move.

Enjoyed the Beta and remember being sad when it ended.
Been waiting for this day (tomorrow) ever since.

1 Day till the end of the world… THIS GAME IS GOING TO KILL ME. The Beta was so addictive! I’ve been waiting so long for this, but I thought I had more time to get my affairs in order…

Has quite some interest in this game, as the beta left a good impression. But it seems Kumi Yuasa is once more oblivious of Europe’s existence, as she already ignored us with her last update. Must be standard, as they also seem to have ignored many essential improvements that were suggested during beta.

If summons via Destiny Orbs should still be as OP as during the beta, and the orbs only available via purchase, this will probably mark the end of my remaining interest.

*Had

I was sold at “Knack spirit”! Definitely gonna give this a go!

Some of the artwork for the spirits is pretty good, but the “game” itself is one of the worst things I’ve tried on my Vita. There’s pretty much no gameplay to speak of and what’s there is as dull and uninspired as your average F2P mobile game. The interface is also very ugly with clashing fonts everywhere. It’s just a dull, grindy experience to prey on the OCD whales. Stay away from this is you like fun games with actual gameplay.

is it just me or I cant still find the game for download?

sigh another F2P with a twist the F2P is quite misleading i been stung many times with IOS free to play games, it should be partial free to play because you will end up paying a high price for faster progress in the game, better attack/denfence stat cards like 5 stars card only gain from rare summons with real money but then the Pain of dupicate cards i spend alot of cash on these so-called F2P. only to found no 5* card but the 4* & 3* ones but got spam by feeder cards in the rare summons.

the game favors the cash players that spends alot in 1 sitting unlike me i spend alot not in 1 sitting but spead out. your best chance to get good high cards for free is the events only buy a little or greater on last day of event good luck getting the ranking cards if this game does that too.

Show full comment

if this game does that tower event see how you go the days ahead on the ghost guild on the last day im always about 20 floors to do before event ends & have to buy health restore items & sprirt water for attack & defence to finish event doing so i pulled 2 ranked cards the 2nd half ramk & the total ranked card.

* plus there are others F2P cards game that more risky artwork with the females think semi naked or naked with hair or bubbles covering up parts. in a tasteful way.

OIMUSH-LIBITINA 26 March, 2014 @ 15:24

3:30 uk time still no sign of this.

It’s been “tomorrow” for quiet a while now, hasn’t it?

OIMUSH-LIBITINA 26 March, 2014 @ 17:20

almost 75% of the day gone…… lol

OIMUSH-LIBITINA 26 March, 2014 @ 17:20

never mind there’s always tomorrow lol……

Maybe they are going to release it at 23:59:59

OIMUSH-LIBITINA 26 March, 2014 @ 17:39

Anyway, I thought the store over here updated on thursday afternoons.

OIMUSH-LIBITINA 26 March, 2014 @ 19:15

try this peeps, go to ps store on computer and purchase the game,(yes free ) send item to basket , go to basket, select download, obviously choose vita, turn on vita, game downloads :)

Thanks mate !

Tried to download this a number of times now but every single time it stops at 187mb. Is there a problem somewhere as I have 4gb space on my Vita memory card and it states it only needs 606mb?

Downloaded successfully and installed, but it says “Maintenance, check back later”.
As per SOny’s UPDATE: We will be performing regular maintenance of the online mode servers at the following time: Every Thursday, (UTC) from 01:00 to 03:00
… I believe it is 24h format so there should be no maintenance at this moment?
When does the game start?

Regards,

suffering the same issue as julz1. I have a 16Gb and i still can’t get passed 187mb. talk about wasting my time.

scratch that, just passed 220 as I typed this via my vita

T3chnomanc3r-T3 02 April, 2014 @ 20:54

I’m installed but can’t get a reliable connection after splash screen! If we don’t have the sprits from beta that’s pretty frack’n low of them to do. What was the point of us getting “special” spirits for a beta that was < 10 days???

-5 loyalty points from this fan & dropping!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history