Posted

Jet Car Stunts leaps to PS3, PS4 and PS Vita soon

Acclaimed racer/platformer hybrid speeds our way this spring

Hey! This is Jakub from Grip Games. I am here today to announce that we are bringing our incredible racing/platformer hybrid franchise Jet Car Stunts to PlayStation 3, PS Vita and PlayStation 4 very soon!

If you haven’t heard about Jet Car Stunts before, it is a million-selling franchise that originated on mobile devices and quickly became one of the best-reviewed racing games ever made, with the current Metacritic score of 94! Jet Car Stunts is unique because it lets you drive a Jet Car – a combination of a racecar and a jet plane – and sends you on an adrenaline-fuelled race, miles above the ground.

This version of Jet Car Stunts is a remake of the original game. We have redone everything – the graphics are new to match the PS3 and PS4 levels of visual quality, we have added new cars, new game modes, asynchronous multiplayer and gamepad controls, but have left everything that makes Jet Car Stunts great – the thrills, the crashes, the requirements for precision and the obsessive need to improve your times again and again.

Jet Car Stunts is like nothing you have seen before – from its sleek style, to gravity-defying stunts that you must perform. It is as much a platformer game as it is a racing game. You’ll be required to strategically use your jet engine’s fuel to help you jump over incredible distances, from one platform to another. You’ll be doing loops, cork-screw maneuvers, you’ll be freefalling and avoiding obstacles and you’ll be drifting near the edges of platforms.

Jet Car Stunts will be released simultaneously for the PS3 and PS Vita this spring, followed shortly by the PS4 version that will contain even shinier graphics and effects. You will definitely be hearing more about the game here at PlayStation Blog, as the release date comes closer. In the meantime, you can follow the game via our Facebook , Twitter , or the game’s official webpage.

20 Comments
6 Author replies

“Jet Car Stunts is like nothing you have seen before”
I played this on my Smartphone a year ago.

A game built from the begining for mobiles… Not intrested.

Jakub Mikyska 31 March, 2014 @ 16:51
2.1

It is a completely new version of the game, built for consoles. It uses a new engine for better graphics, it has new game modes, new controls, etc.

SteveoKenobi 31 March, 2014 @ 15:16

reminds me of that old classic Stunt Car Racer !!!

This game was awesome on mobile!!!

Jakub Mikyska 31 March, 2014 @ 17:21
4.1

It’s going to be even better on the PSN ;-)

supersmith2500 31 March, 2014 @ 17:33

Looks like a super fun game. Is it cross-buy?

Jakub Mikyska 31 March, 2014 @ 17:35
5.1

It is definitely going to be cross-save. I cannot confirm cross-buy, as that depends on a lot of other things, but it is possible We will comment on this more, as the release date comes closer. But all our previous games were cross-buy ;-)

Toillet game ported from mobile phones, not interested.

Also I’m still yet to understand why every indie company posts their games as “acclaimed”, acclaimed by whom exactly? I’ve never heard of this game before, and I follow the videogames news closely around the web, only googled it after this post.

Jakub Mikyska 31 March, 2014 @ 17:54
6.1

It is not a port, but a new game, based on the popular mobile game. With new graphics, modes, etc. Jet Car Stunts currently has 94 on Metacritic and has sold over 1.000.000 copies. That’s acclaimed ;-)

This looks pretty good. Love playing these type of games on my Vita. Would be nice if it cross buy.

Looking slick.

I haven’t played the mobile version and likely never will, but the idea of having a Trackmania style racer on my Vita is pretty cool. Will love to see the levels the community will come up with.

Definitely added to my watch list.

Hang on, isn’t Jet Car Stunts and it’s recently released sequel developed by True Axis Games? So not your franchise but a port of the True Axis game? I loved the original and have been playing a lot of the better sequel. Was just thinking it’d be nice to have on Vita. Would prefer 2 though.

Jakub Mikyska 31 March, 2014 @ 19:57
9.1

That is right, True Axis released Jet Car Stunts for mobile. We are releasing Jet Car Stunts for consoles. JCS2 has been recently released, but this console version of the first game is highly upgraded. It has more cars, better tracks, new game modes, etc.

blendercat27 31 March, 2014 @ 18:24

This looks like fun. I’ll keep this one in mind and hopefully pick it up someday. Would love to play this on Vita.

Wow… Czech made man publishes game on PS4 :D so jelous… I wanted to start with some smaller stuff on PS Mobile(for Vita) but Czech Republic is not officially supported, for development and for releases….

BTW I love that kind of games, I had this on Android…

Jakub Mikyska 31 March, 2014 @ 19:58
11.1

Díky ;-)

nfskingrlinworld 31 March, 2014 @ 19:52

Look very fun lol

It looks and sounds quite similar to the NZ made Gripshift which was released first on PSP and then on PS3 via PSN.

Jetcar Stunts is essentially Trackmania on phones and it does that amazingly well. Add proper controls and I’m defo buying this!

You nay sayers, I can see where you are coming from but youre oh so wrong. This will be great on Vita.

Gloom12356776543 01 April, 2014 @ 13:35

Veľmi sa teším Day-one buy pre mňa :) Dúfam že aj sa dočkáme aj Atomic Ninjas na PS4

@Jakub is there a video anywhere of the game running on a Sony platform at all, as those graphics look extremely clean?!!

As in…incredible?

If it moves as good as it looks from those screen shots, then this should be a masterclass to every other ‘Indie’ dev that continue to deliver sub-standard 8-bit graphics and animation that really don’t belong on a console of the PS4’s caliber.

@SteveoKenobi It’s pretty much the [deleted] love child of Stunt Car Racer and Trackmania, if that makes any sense at all!

Too all those who say they won’t play this game because it’s a port from mobile: I’ve owned iOS devices for years now and love them to bits, but as a “core” gamer I’ve never found them particularly inspiring for gaming, With but one exception: Jet Car Stunts. This is the only made-for-mobile game that I continue to play for sheer enjoyment and not just to pass the time on the bus — it’s THAT good.

I, for one, look forward to playing Jet Car Stunts with real controls; I hope the guys at Grip did True Axis’s original justice!

AmorousBadger1 02 April, 2014 @ 09:37

I am officially intrigued by this.
Any videos of this in motion?

This was a quality game on my phone!! Jet car stunts 2 has a massive amount of content as well. If this is close to that quality it will be well worth a purchase…. Looking forward to it

Yep, reminds me of the amiga stunt car racer too, which was amazing for a 7mhz game. That could be redone in a 50kb javascript code using threejs.org

Dude, any change of a 3D mode for us with 3d TVs or 3D projectors (which btw 3d projectors are awesome when you have full HD 3d on your wall 10feet wide )

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history