Posted

Transistor release date announced for PS4

Supergiant Games’ stunning Bastion follow-up arrives on 21st May

Mark your calendar for 21st May! It’s my pleasure to announce that Transistor will be available in just a few weeks on PlayStation 4, priced €18.99/£14.99. We’ve been putting the finishing touches on it and think it’s just about ready.

If you’re not familiar with the game, Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites you to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city. Gameplay seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning with fast-paced action and rich atmospheric storytelling. During the course of the adventure, you’ll piece together the Transistor’s mysteries as you pursue its former owners.

Transistor_10-apr-2014_01 Transistor_10-apr-2014_02  Transistor_10-apr-2014_00

This week at PAX East in Boston, several of us from Supergiant will be taking a short break from development to show some of our latest progress. We’ll have a near-final build of the game running on PS4 over at booth 892. It was one year ago at PAX East that we showed Transistor for the first time. It’s come a long way!

We’ll have lots more details about Transistor in the days leading up to our launch next month. Until then, check our web site at www.supergiantgames.com for more info or send questions to @SupergiantGames on Twitter. Stay tuned, and get ready to play Transistor in the near future!

34 Comments
0 Author replies
ShogunDarius 10 April, 2014 @ 16:05

Great news, looking forward to this.
Any chance of Bastion itself making it’s way to playstation? 4 or Vita maybe?

transpondster 10 April, 2014 @ 16:23
1.1

Yep, I still waiting it too…

Ditto to all of SD’s points, looking forward to the game, and I would also love to see Bastion on PS4 & Vita as well.

1.3

Bastion would play so well on Vita!

Show more replies

Keep them coming, Sony! Can’t wait to pick this up. :)

I really want to play this game, I just don’t like the price in Euros :(

3.1

A more accured currency exchange would be €17,99 but still I’m not sure about that price for this game. I’ll wait and see.

About bloody time we got a release date for it! Day 1 for me, no doubt! Been so excited for it back when it was announced for PS4!
Now we just need to see Bastion on a Sony console aswell~

The game looks COOL:P

PS+ discount so it goes down to €14.99?

transpondster 10 April, 2014 @ 16:22

Day 1 for me! Can’t wait, guys

+1 hoping for a Vita version of Bastion! :)

Robanthegiant 10 April, 2014 @ 16:25

Soundtrack as a pre-order bonus maybe?

HomessaHomem 10 April, 2014 @ 16:31

I WANT A VITA VERSION OF BASTION pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Because sometimes repeating the blindingly obvious adds credence to something that the powers that be actually take notice.

Bastion. Vita. You know it makes sense. Where is Shahid when you need him?

Bring.It.On.

Been waiting for this game, day one buy for me :)

Can we expect Transistor on PS Vita, too?

About bleeding time !! Day one for me, also pretty please with sugar and cherries on top can you bring Bastion to PS4 :D

PS Vita version perhaps?

Hey guys! Can you give us Bastion on Vita-flavor please? That game looks so awesome!

Is there a magnifying glass included with the game?

This looks really good! I’m hoping that it (and Bastion) will get released on Vita. They’re a match made in Playstation heaven.

Enjoyed Bastion on PC, but would have prefered to game it on console, so having the chanse to do this with Transistor makes me putting on a happy face! Transistor, a Day 1 for me!

Wonderful news! Bastion was absolutely incredible, so I have been pretty excited for Transistor.

This looks beautiful. Can’t wait to lay my eyes on it at home. And I have to agree with the others above. Port Bastion to the Vita, I would love to actually play it for once and not just listen to the soundtrack.

Mine day one. Been really looking forward to this as a Sony only gamer after missing out on Bastion :)

QuietlyWrong 11 April, 2014 @ 10:04

Absolutely love the Klimt-inspired background art on this blog post – I’m having that for my Vita’s lock screen! :D Don’t suppose you’ve got any larger versions for PC wallpapers and the like?

CloudBelmont 11 April, 2014 @ 13:27

I want this and Bastion for Vita. Might be so amazing when you got dam OLED screen Vita! Hope one day…

Game looks amazing.

I’m looking forward to playing this. Played Bastion on Steam (all the way back on it’s release) and it’s great, so I’m expecting for quite some time for your next game. May is soon enough :D

What are the chances of this coming to plus in may / jun ?

deathwings51 11 April, 2014 @ 21:30

Please port Bastion and this to Vita.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.