Posted

The Sly Trilogy arrives on PS Vita today

Sly Cooper’s classic platforming adventures go portable

Hi there. It’s been a really long time since I put out a blog post but I have a good piece of news to pass along – The Sly Trilogy is launching today on PS Vita!

Now you can play all of the Sly Cooper games on the go. The Sly Trilogy is a single purchase that features the original Sly Raccoon, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves for just €29.99! All three games have been remastered in widescreen HD and look amazing on the Vita’s big screen.

Sly 1

In the first game we are introduced to Sly Cooper and his gang as they battle his arch nemesis Clockwerk, from there the gang must fight against Clockwerk’s resurrection by the Klaww Gang in Sly 2: Band of Thieves. Finally in Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves, Sly and the gang must pull together an even bigger team of old friends and foes to take down the evil Doctor M.

Millions of gamers have enjoyed the Sly Cooper experience over the years, and now for the first time the games can be played out in the wild wireless world. Have fun!

sly 3

78 Comments
0 Author replies

Cross-buy?

Yes, I’ve got it for free

kirja_da_best 16 April, 2014 @ 10:08

Will it be cross-buy with PS3 version? And cross-save I hope?

Can you confirm if the games are native-res or not? No offense but going by these screenshots they look very jaggy.

Glad to see this on the vita! 1 question though~ How is the fps on it?
Dont feel like buying a game with horrible fps like Jak & Daxter Vita had.

It’s a much better port. Played through Sly 1 last weekend (my store accidentally sold it early) and it felt just like the PS3 version. Only the cutscenes look bad, but they don’t affect the gameplay.

4.2

From what I’ve seen and heard it’s a really great port. Actually, just search video on youtube, there are lots of clips from press-versions.

+1. I am reviewing this game and had no issues with FPS at all.

Show more replies

Is it true that buying The Sly Trilogy in a box gives you Sly 1 and 2 on the cartridge and a voucher for Sly 3 that weights >2 GB?

Don’t know about the size but you only get 1 and 2 on the card.

5.2

Yes, and it weights exactly 2631 MB.

First two questions are about cross-buy, you should probably have said earlier if it isn’t so people can get over the disappointment.

Ah I bought this earlier on the ps3, vita would be better but don’t wanna go through it again this early haha

Will there be restrictions on the languages available like Sly 4 for the digital version?

8.1

Nope, it’s like the original trilogy.

Can the three games be bought separately in the store?

I think that it will be possible. Taking into account what Rhasget told us in comment number 4.1 and that Sly 3 will be available in digital it’s the only option.

9.2

Well, actually I don’t think so. At least not for now. There is even only one shared download for the first two games (it will look on your down list as something like “Sly 1&2 3377 MB”)

9.3

Should be, I checked on the store earlier and I saw all 3 listed separately as well as the trilogy.

Hey Glen Egan,
i am really disappointed, i love Sly Cooper all Series.. but if the vita version of “The Sly Trilogy” dont have a CROSS BUY i will be reaaaaaaaallly disappointed.
i wanted to play The Sly Trilogy like.. last year on the vita ! and now if the game dont have Cross Buy i cant play the game on the vita.
so what is the hold up ? just said to us if its Cross Buy or not.. and if its have Cross Save or not.
I AM REALLY ANGRY.

10.1

Why are you angry?

If you want them so badly on Vita, just buy them again. They’re likely cross-buy though.

10.2

i dont have any money right now for the game,
and because Sly Cooper is a Sony game for along time and all the games from sony is cross Buy(Usually)
Like Qforce..
J&D
Sly Cooper: thieves in Time
and more and more games from sony(alot from indies) that basicly if the game out for the PS3 and the Vita its have Cross Buy For Sure..
and in this game that alot of people want the game.. no word from Cross Buy or Cross Save or even Cross Play.. so.. i’ts bad cuz i really wanted to play from the cross buy but i dont have any money if its not gonna be cross buy..

10.3

I understand what you mean, I also don’t want to spend more money on a game that I have already bought it twice ( ps2 + ps3 ), but there is no reason to be angry, we only have to wait some hours to learn if it’s cross buy or not.

SGTSTEELFACE 16 April, 2014 @ 11:12

I doubt it will be cross buy now :( since it wasnt mentioned

It’s cross-buy :) Confirmed by Eurogamer :)

Review link -> http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2014-04-16-the-sly-trilogy-recenzja
Please be aware – it’s in Polish, but you can find cross-buy info and simply translate it :)

Cheers! :)

12.1

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!! so much!!! i waited to heard that along time

cheeeerrrssssssssssssssss BABY !!!

SGTSTEELFACE 16 April, 2014 @ 12:05
12.2

thanks I have been scouring the internet for this info!

DoYouLikeMyID 16 April, 2014 @ 12:45
12.3

Question time: Will the retail version be cross-buy as well?

Considering the Jak and Dax HD Collection was only cross-buy for the digital version, I highly doubt this will be cross-buy for retail version. I certainly hope I’m wrong though! I bought the retail version of this trilogy when it launched!

I paid for this already on ps3 so can’t justify paying again. Surely must be cross buy?

kirja_da_best 16 April, 2014 @ 12:12
13.1

It is! Already confirmed it by Eurogamer.

Anyone knows for sure, if it shares the trophy list with ps3 ?

Yeah, as far as I can tell it has the same trophies, but there is no trophy sync, so you can earn them again on Vita. :)

I hope it’s cross buy because I’m not paying for it again but would like to play these on my vita.

i am glad i played it on ps3. looked forward to playing the game since i never played it when i was a kid. sadly enough i was disappointed to see that the second and third games were really bad. but hey, the first one is golden.

Ps vita fans
Ratchet and clank trilogy for ps vita has been leaked by shop to listing it for pre order

Also there was a screenshot somewhere of the actual page!

17.1

Yup. Hope Sony officially announce this soon. Can’t wait.

You just made my day. :) Thanks, I’ve been waiting for this since they announced the Sly / GoW collections.

I really liked Thieves in Time and haven’t played any of these but I think they will be on Plus at some time in the future (like the J&D collection).

In fact I think the only reason Sony bring these port collections to Vita is that it’s cheaper to port older PS2 games than it is to pay a publisher off for newer games for Plus.

Is it the same with thieves in time or all together

There really should to be some way for people who bought the PS3 version on disc to access cross-buy promotions.
It sucks being punished for choosing physical media.

residentSteve 16 April, 2014 @ 12:39

Hope we see a sly 5 for ps4 at some point that would be great.

When the PS Store Get Refreshed ?

My question is, is it compatible with Vita TV? I would hope so since the controls were already done for the PS3. But I was hoping to get a confirmation.

alcibiades4291 16 April, 2014 @ 13:10

I bought the first one (or it may have been free on Plus one time – either way I have it) so will I be able to download just the first one on my Vita or do you have to have bought the bundle to take advantage of the cross-buy feature?

KILLERGAMER49 16 April, 2014 @ 13:31

If I previously owned the disc version can I get cross buy on my Vita?

25.1

I doubt it. Most disk based games that are cross_buy contain a code to redeem the Vita’s digital version.

I Think Not..

KILLERGAMER49 16 April, 2014 @ 13:44

Why not I thought it worked with Jak?

Is It cross save by any chance? I’m happy to play It again but this on my vita.

when was the release date for United Kingdom? Hunger to download it.

It says it’s cross buy, but i cant download it for free, anyoen else has this problem ?

30.1

Nevermind, it just turned into free. Happy gaming everyone :)

30.2

Do you own the disc version?

KILLERGAMER49 16 April, 2014 @ 14:51

For cross buy people did you get the game via download or disc?

31.1

Mine was via download, but the store is not fully upgraded, soemtimes it shows as free and soemtimes that i have to buy it, even thought i already put them on the download list for Vita.

KILLERGAMER49 16 April, 2014 @ 14:59
31.2

Thanks I used to have it on disc and I’m getting the feeling that i can’t get it on vita for free… I won’t buy it until the store updates later though but what I did realise is that the PS3 download is cheaper than the PS Vita download so don’t buy the Vita one anybody!

I’m another one of the guys that bought a retail copy of the trilogy on PS3 and as such can’t get the Vita version for free. I remember some retail crossbuy games had a “disc benefits” option on the XMB to redeem the Vita version, though this one obviously doesn’t since it was released all the way back in 2010, when no one even imagined a portable version. I don’t suppose there’s even the slimmest of chances for an update to allow us to get the Vita version, since it’s kind of disheartening to have to rebuy the digital version?

when would the store update/refresh then?

Get back to making Sly 5 ;)

FFFRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got a code at christmas for a discount on the Sly Trilogy PS3 version, i redeemed this code but never bought it, now when i go to the Sly Trilogy page on the store it tells me i’m unable to buy it because

“You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You already own

The Sly Trilogy (Xmas Discount) VOUCHER Expired”

Bought the sly trilogy on a PSN sale a while ago. Just went on the store and the price is free :) only got round to playing the first of the trilogy so will carry on with the last 2 on the vita. Thanks!

I bought my trilogy a long time ago, and have shiny platinum trophy to prove I mastered Sly 1 on PS3. However, there seems to have been a change with Sly 1, as it’s now called “Sly Raccoon”, and is no longer listed as a game I own(ed). Can someone please check what happened there, as I now have access to Sly 2 and 3, but not Sly 1. Neither on PS3, nor Vita…

Is there any problem with Sly Trilogy Vita trophies? Are they separate from the PS3 ones? I’ve got platinum on all the 3 games on PS3, now I can’t sync my Vita trophies:( What’s goin’ on?

39.1

I got the same problem,its showable in the vita trophie list but dont show in the complete psn list and the trophies dont count to youre total

Marta Boullon 17 April, 2014 @ 09:04

Hi all!

Glad to see so many positives responses to the post.

I’m afraid Sly Trilogy cross buy functionality is available only for digital purchases. It wasn’t possible to add the retail cross buy and cross save functionalities as the games were not developed at the same time. Sorry guys.

40.1

Please fix the trophies problem! Whats going on??.

Impaled-Gryphon 17 April, 2014 @ 13:03

keeps pinging up trophies as i get them on vita but trophy list only shows my ps3 trophies, any chance you can fix this?

saralt112233 17 April, 2014 @ 20:54

hi, i have go ps3 sly collection ( platinum on all three sly games) but i bougHt a disc and not a psn one. so do i get free sly trilogy on ps vita ?
i got jak and daxter for free, but about sly i am not sure. anyway if i dont get it for free, can i get a cheaper game or what. i think that that would be fair enough.
i saw that the price for ps vita one is 30e (europe) what is for me tooooo much (for ps vita game xD)
but anyway game was awesome on my old ps2, ps3 and i hope i will once play it on my vita.

Great that the Digital Download is cross-buy. I picked up the trilogy at Christmas on PS3, so very glad to see it appear on my download list for no extra cost. Weekend play through a coming.
1 is 1.6GB, 2 is 1.7GB, 3 is 2.6GB

However trophies are still yet to sync, what’s going on there…

SandrokottosRule 19 April, 2014 @ 14:51

Everything seems to be fine. Awesome port! But trophies are not getting sync with psn network. I guess they are unable to fix this problem =__= . No trophies = not really interested in playing game on vita.

yes, I also have this problem. Is there a solution please? If the PS3 version is going out. solution. solution. What is?

saralt112233 21 April, 2014 @ 14:49

Hi. I bought game two days ago… It was 25e xD. And my trophies do not sync with my account anymore. I restored my ps vita system and still doea not work… Name of issue; NP-10234-0.
Please fix this problem because i like collecting trophies for my profile!!!!
It is not cool without them. FIX it soon!!!!

thezooniverse 21 April, 2014 @ 22:15
46.1

The trophies will sync eventually, this happens from time to time when games are released at different times around the world. You will probably be able to sync them closer to the American release. If you go to psnprofiles.com, when the games appear there you will be able to sync them. Also the rest of your trophies will sync and you don’t need to restore your system.

Seit Realease von Sly2 vita bis jetzt werden die Trophys nicht synchronisiert. Spiel es erst wieder wenn ich synchronisieren kann -_-

turbogeek421 01 May, 2014 @ 20:37

I’ve just sync’d my Sly 1 Vita trophies! GO GO GO!!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history