Posted

New Murdered: Soul Suspect trailer offers a glimpse of the Bell Killer

Plus, exclusive concept art from Square Enix’s stylish PS3/PS4 mystery

The sleepy streets of Salem are being terrorised by a serial killer. Leaving nothing behind but eerie symbols of a bell, the police and media have taken to calling him, the Bell Killer.

He’s our ruthless antagonist in Murdered: Soul Suspect; a sadistic killer, seemingly with no MO, whose victims each die cruel and merciless deaths. Uncover what little evidence there is on the Bell Killer in our latest trailer – but pay close attention, if you wish to stand a chance of solving the case when Murdered: Soul Suspect launches on 6th June.

BellKillerTrailerImageKiller01
What’s his motive? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

We’ve done some detective work of our own and managed to sneak a little something extra for you guys from archives of our dev team… Feast your eyes upon this chilling slice of concept art, which isn’t far from the final design of the masked serial killer. There’s a looming sense of evil brooding within this conception, one you’ll come face to face with soon enough.

Starting where most games usually finish (with a character’s death), you take on the role of Ronan O’Connor, a hardened Police Detective and the latest Bell Killer victim. Thrown out a window and brutally finished off, there’s more to this than first meets the eye. This was overkill, almost… personal. The Salem P.D. have exhausted all their leads, and as the body count escalates, the only person who can stop him, is his last victim. One thing is for sure, Salem will never be the same again.

Murdered: Soul Suspect is out on 6th June, 2014, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Murdered_Soul_Suspect_OL Preview 2 (3)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

14 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

TroubleMaker411 30 April, 2014 @ 12:08 pm   1

Looks great, well excited for a new, story heavy IP.
I feel like it’s been ages since we had a good one!

Would love to see some actual gameplay though. release isn’t far away and I’m wary of the last PS4 game I bought that used Unreal 3 looked bloody awful! (It was Square released too!)

Lee Williams 30 April, 2014 @ 12:22 pm   2

If you’re looking for a story heavy game, then Murdered is right up your street! Keep your eyes peeled for a few previews coming out later in the week featuring some gameplay footage from the Cemetery section of the game.

I read this game was developed for PS3 and Xbox 360. The next gen was an afterthought and it shows. Character models, textures, lighting all look last gen (or the video was actually last gen). There is no proof of face muscles or hair physics. It’s disappointing because I love a good mystery and a deep adventure but for next gen this needs a ton of spit and polish to shine.
Or this is a mid priced game from a tiny development studio, then I think they did a great job.

I do agree with you, but if it has at least the same price with ps3, then I don’t mind that much

Any possibility for a demo ?

Lee Williams 30 April, 2014 @ 12:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback! We wanted to make the game available for everyone, and didn’t want to leave out those who jumped on to next-gen platforms. And if it’s a mystery you’re after, the game will keep you guessing until the very last scene!

Thank you for your honest reply Lee, I appreciate it (and it’s kind of refreshing on this blog).
    I will keep my eye on this game and await the reviews to decide in the future if I’ll buy it.

This game is getting more interested with every post on the blog. Will there be a chance to win a PS4 and a limited edition copy of the game on the main European Playstation competition web page?

Lee Williams 30 April, 2014 @ 1:06 pm

We had planned for another kind of competition closer towards the launch, but I’ll see what we can do 😉

Game seems really good, but I have an off topic for you, since you are from SE. Is it possible to make it so, that we can pay FFXIV sub from PSN, like DC Universe ?

Lee Williams 30 April, 2014 @ 1:02 pm   6

Hey Rochala, unfortunately I can’t help with FFXIV queries, but Hergen Thaens can, he’s our resident community guy for the game. You can occasionally catch him on the PlayStation blog, and also on the SE Blog. Here’s a link to one of his posts: http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ffxiv-arr-launching-ps4-14-days

medenko1975 30 April, 2014 @ 1:41 pm   7

it looks good!!!

kid_Jump94 30 April, 2014 @ 2:23 pm   8

I’m actually really looking forward to this :’) thankyou for making it

Preordered mine a loooong time ago.

deathskitten 30 April, 2014 @ 6:45 pm   10

so looking forward to this 🙂