Spelunky is coming soon to PS4

Indie phenomenon comes across in 1080p with new social features

Hello, past, present, and future Spelunky fans! I’ll keep it short and simple: Spelunky is coming to PS4!

We’re once again teaming up with BlitWorks, who did a great job on porting the game to PS3 and PS Vita. For PS4 we want to do even more, like bump up the graphics to 1080p, let players upload replays to the leaderboards, add more social features to the Daily Challenge, and otherwise take advantage of the PS4’s unique hardware.

14052569351_c551ebc3be_o 14052569021_1924acc80f_o14032628956_562b5a78a9_o

I attribute a lot of Spelunky’s success to sharing and streaming, and since the PS4 is built in great part around those ideas we want to make sure that we do everything we can to support that culture! Let us know in the comments if there’s anything else you’d like to see us add.

If you already bought Spelunky on PS3 and PS Vita, thank you so much! You’ll also own the game on PS4 when it comes out, since we’re including it as part of Cross-Buy. But if you don’t have it on console yet, the PS4 release would be a great time to really see what it’s all about, since you’ll also get the game on PS3 and Vita!

Did you enjoy this?

17 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Cross-buy? Awesome! 😀 Thank you very much!

Playing through the game is so much fun but what some people might not be aware of is that the battle mode in this game is awesome^^ So many great hours I’ve put into it with my friends!

Alphaembryo 1 May, 2014 @ 12:13 am   2

Cross-buy to all 3 platforms! AMAZING!

Thank you so much for this incredible game. Me and my significant other have put so many hours on our vitas, getting the trophies for this thing, that I cant begin to tell you about!

Its incredible that, when I finally get a ps4, I would from the start have a gem-game on it.
Thank you again.

Agamer2006 1 May, 2014 @ 12:29 am   3

Thanks for including Cross-buy, would still have got it though but its gonna be great having this and playing it on the move with my vita

tomrob1 1 May, 2014 @ 1:04 am   4

Cross-buy is the best thing ever!

cjschris 1 May, 2014 @ 1:07 am   5

Guess I’m buying a PS4 then. Cross-buy!!!

Erroneus 1 May, 2014 @ 9:02 am   6

Spelunky is one of those games on my backlog, I really want to play more, so getting this for PS4 is great news, as I tend to play more on my PS4 these days.

Vashetti 1 May, 2014 @ 9:06 am   7

Please can we get the Pro-HUD patched into the PS3/Vita versions?

GothPunk 1 May, 2014 @ 11:39 am   8

I’m really pleased to hear that Spelunky will be Cross Buy on PS4. I’ve been playing a lot on my Vita, but I have yet to clear the second area! The game just looks beautiful and crisp in those screens at 1080p, so I’m hoping I can finally sucker the bf into playing co-op with me and thus have a better chance of clearing the game. Thanks for supporting this game so well on consoles, it makes buying your next game a no brainer!

SHEPOWY 1 May, 2014 @ 12:06 pm   9

Will it be possible to transfer save date from PS3/Vita to the PS4 version? Stat’s like deaths, fastest time and highest amount of money earned?

Also, will the Spelunky trophies transfer over if you’ve already gotten them on other Sony consoles? I hope they will, but I love the game a lot and wouldn’t mind going for them again, it would still be a significant undertaking to get Speedlunky and the likes again though.

Thanks for bringing the game to PS4 Derek, Andy and everyone at BlitWorks. I can’t wait to see the game in 1080p, make use of the replay uploads and dabble in daily challenges again.

sercsd 1 May, 2014 @ 3:09 pm   10

Thank you for the Cross buy, it always makes games worth the price and having the addition of not worrying which system I want to play it on is perfect.

ZeroNow 1 May, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   11

This will be an awesome game to play and broadcast while looking at the comments. An awesome feature would be to allow comments to spawn enemies or give you help!

wielkus 1 May, 2014 @ 4:15 pm   12

But what if I have only Vita Spelunky do I still get PS4 version or would I have to have both PS3 and Vita?

hayzink 1 May, 2014 @ 4:50 pm

If you have the vita version then you already have access to ps3 version due to cross buy so your good to go

wielkus 1 May, 2014 @ 8:13 pm

wow really? weird they didn’t put it as an information in Easter Sale anyway thanks for the info

TheDrunkenMoose 1 May, 2014 @ 7:44 pm   13

Good job to the team BlitWorks! I LOVED this game on PC, i never got to play the multiplayer it seemed to have on PC. Will there be talk about multiplayer on the PS4? I really hope so! Thanks!

RJ_Eckie 2 May, 2014 @ 11:43 am   14

Ohhhhhh YES!! FINALLY!!!

I have the vita version but I would buy it all over again!

Mark917 2 May, 2014 @ 2:54 pm   15

60 Frames per second, I assume?