Earlier today we held a media event at SCEA HQ in San Mateo, California showcasing the huge breadth of quality indie titles coming soon to PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. As well as showing off a number of announced titles, such as Transistor, The Witness and Velocity 2X (look out for previews on your game sites of choice soon), we also took the opportunity to reveal a raft of new games coming soon to our platforms.
As you may already have noticed, the developers of these games have all kindly taken the time to write a guest post for PlayStation Blog to announce their projects personally. In the interests of making it easier for you to browse the new announcements, please see the summary below and click on each game to find out more details, and view trailers and screenshots.
I hope you’ll agree there’s something for everyone here – do let us know which ones you’re most looking forward to.
- Nidhogg: One of the big breakout indie hits of 2014 makes its console debut. Do not miss.
- Spelunky: Derek Yu’s beloved procedurally generated platformer comes to PS4 in full 1080p with new social features
- Chasm: A visually stunning adventure platformer from Discord Games
- Skulls of the Shogun: The Bone-a-Fide Edition: The acclaimed strategy/brawler hyrid arrives on PlayStation platforms with expanded features
- Source: A striking take on the Metroidvania genre from Fenix Fire Games
- Axiom Verge: An ambitious retro platformer with intriguing twist, supported by our Pub Fund initiative
- Drifter: Celsius Game Studios serves up an enormous space exploration sandbox
- Jamestown Plus: An OTT co-op shoot ’em up from Final Form Games
- Starwhal: Just the Tip: Breakfall’s joyfully mad multiplayer creation comes to PlayStation
- Escape Goat 2: An ingenious platformer from the ‘Double Fine Presents…” stable
- Ironclad Tactics: Finely crafted strategy gameplay with some unexpected twists from Zachtronics
- Apotheon: A beautiful action platformer set in Ancient Greece from the talented AlienTrap team