Posted

Transistor out tomorrow, OST track debut

We debut of the full version of

On behalf of all of us at Supergiant, it’s my pleasure to announce that Transistor is out tomorrow on PS4! You will be able to get it from the PlayStation Store once it updates.

Want to know what you’re getting yourself into? Our new launch trailer will give you an idea.

Sometimes we’re asked “who does your trailers,” and the answer is: We do! Our trailers are important to us. Cutting a trailer means packing the atmosphere and feel of our game as tight as possible, to give you a strong impression of what we’re going for.

We think it’s important that our trailers complement our game with original content. This means creating a scene with original art and voiceover that could be taken from some of the gaps in the story. This way, whether you’ve never heard of Transistor or whether you’ve been eyeing its development like a hawk, the trailer will deepen your understanding of the world and its characters.

Speaking of trailers — a question we’ve been getting for over a year now is, when are we going to release the full-length version of the song from Transistor’s reveal trailer? The answer is… right here, right now!

The music in Transistor is a key part of the game, and an integral part of the identity of Red, the game’s main character. “We All Become” is just one of Red’s songs that you’ll hear in the game. Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett, the real-life musicians behind this track, have plenty more where that came from. I recommend playing the full game before listening to the soundtrack on its own since the music is so closely tied to the game, and I hope it’s just one of many factors in Transistor that you find interesting and well worth your while. All of us at Supergiant hope you enjoy the game!

43 Comments
0 Author replies
trulydeadly1 20 May, 2014 @ 15:05

I’ve had my eye on this game for quite a while now, unfortunately I can’t afford the game this week. But I will buy it sometime in the coming weeks. :)

Had this game on my hitless for quite some time. Just waiting on reviews.
I still don’t understand why the EU get things a day late especially as this is the digital era and a console exclusive to PS4 right now……

Where’s the price?

Will the game be available to buy as soon as the store updates tomorrow or is it on it’s own schedule?

3.1

Its 19.99$ so I would be amazed if its not 19.99€

blade1003605 20 May, 2014 @ 15:21
3.2

20 euros.

Ewwwww… Join the Bound by Price – Never Forget Movement, fight the higher EU prices!

Show more replies

Instant buy – the game really looks amazing!
… now if only you were to bring Bastion to PS4 as well, that would really make my day, week, month, year… you name it…

I enjoyed Bastion and this seems to have a similar but enhanced gameplay, so I’ll be picking it up :)

£14.99 for UK in case anyone is wondering.
Can’t wait to try it out tomorrow, sucks that we have to wait an extra day for a digital only release!

alphastreamz 20 May, 2014 @ 15:30

Instead of getting Wolfenstein or Watch_Dog i am getting this one. Thank you Supergiant Games for this gem!

YAY! Finally the music! :D

Can’t wait for tomorrow!

onlineatron 20 May, 2014 @ 15:38

YOU GOTS TO CHANGE THE EU STORE UPDATE DAY GUUUUYYYS!

bring it in line with the us store

IT’S A CONNECTED, DIGITAL ERA! MAKING US WAIT FOR A GAME WHILE OTHER COUNTRIES YAP ABOUT IT ON TWITTER ETC IS BANANAS!

teh-trickster 20 May, 2014 @ 15:39

Since its announcement I was thinking it’ll be available today … you can’t imagine my frustration now.
It’s my fault cause I read mainly US news.

… one more day to go.

10.1

its listed just about everywhere as the 20th even on eurogamer

onlineatron 20 May, 2014 @ 15:41

why are there so many arbitrary differences between the us and eu stores?

the us store has

— a better layout

— better discoverability options

— smoother interface

— ability to pre-order titles (and pre-load them)

— earlier update date

GET IT TOGETHER! MERGE YOUR DANG DEPARTMENTS

Marrsterhausen 20 May, 2014 @ 19:16
11.1

I’ve been saying this for years (like many others), don’t expect it to change or get a response from anyone… If Microsoft can do it with Xbox I really cannot see why SONY can’t do it too.
Also really looking forward to Transistors release tomorrow, already bought the soundtrack in anticipation!

Merging might be the only solution, with firing the current EU staff being a cherry on the top. Ever since we’ve lost the better PS Plus games, we’re stuck with higher prices and being behind the US in everything.

onlineatron 20 May, 2014 @ 15:46

oh apologies for putting sony on blast here in greg’s post. really looking forward to the game, gonna buy it the second it’s available. we really need parity across sony platforms though. microsoft has it, so should we.

So excited for this! Been one of my most anticipated games for PS4! And hurray for finally releasing the music! :p Been waiting for that to happen! Gonna be buying the soundtrack without a doubt!

gingermidget 20 May, 2014 @ 16:48

This was posted April 10th “Mark your calendar for 21st May! It’s my pleasure to announce that Transistor will be available in just a few weeks on PlayStation 4, priced *€18.99/£14.99*. We’ve been putting the finishing touches on it and think it’s just about ready”

Bgjknpqswvyu 20 May, 2014 @ 16:56

Are you guys still open to the idea of allowing Bastion to be ported over to PlayStation?

Yep. I’m in. I’m gonna get me the game AND the OST. I could use the music in my FCPX movies :-)

woestijnkroket 20 May, 2014 @ 17:42

do we get a psn plus discount?

17.1

Nope, I was hoping for one too but no discount on the store unfortunately.

can someone give me a reason this game is not out in europe

I’ll be downloading and playing this as soon as the store updates, can’t wait.

A question: can we turn the HUD off?

netruasssineu 21 May, 2014 @ 06:22

available in germany or something? why can’t i find it on PSN???

zprandzioch 21 May, 2014 @ 08:21

I knew that after guacamelee it will be next superhipermegahit :) can’t wait to grab it

Looking forward to it – PS Store update today can’t come here soon enough…

Updating the web store every 5~10 minutes… looking for Transistor…

Totally agree with the comments about EU and the USA stores for the PSU, I think it’s about time you Sony people change the EU store to look the same as the USA one, which is much better with it’s layout. Their web site so much nicer to read with information laid out in a nicer fashion compared to this site.

Dalthor-san 21 May, 2014 @ 11:08

What time does the game become available on PSN? Can’t even find it on “release soon”

More info for us Euro-plebs would be nice SONY……..

Will grab this soon after I’m done with Child of Light. I was hoping for a + discount or preorder bonus though.

Dalthor-san 21 May, 2014 @ 12:37

yup now it is available :)

18,99€ is too much for this indie game :( why is no plus discount? and when FUTURIDIUM EP DELUXE will be released?

DOWNLOADING :)

this is sooo amazing =D so worth the money amazing art perfect gameplay so in depth wow im stunned i love it 10/10!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history