Posted

New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX screenshots unveiled

Take a closer look at the upcoming franchise compendium

We know it’s been a while since you’ve seen anything Kingdom Hearts related and with absolute pleasure, we’re excited to share with you a brand new batch of screenshots today!

A few things to note about these screenshots.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX is a never released title to Europe featuring the origins story of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX includes completely remastered graphics, which makes the D-Links, Shotlocks and the triple protagonist story lines of Terra, Ventus, and Aqua better than ever. If that wasn’t enough, this title is a seamless port of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep from the PSP to the PS3.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

Kingdom Hearts II FINAL MIX brings back the trio of Sora, Donald, and Goofy to traverse once again through the worlds of Christmas Town (Nightmare Before Christmas) and Space Paranoids (Tron). The never-before released version for Europe showcases one of the greatest battles to ever commence between Sora and Roxas. Kingdom Hearts II FINAL MIX brings all sorts of additional new content including new enemies, mini-games, items, and much MUCH more!

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

Last, but certainly not least, HD remastered cinematics of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded round out the compilation of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. Not only was this game fully remastered into high quality graphics, but a number of the most memorable battles have also been recreated into full cutscenes.

KHrecoded_event_01EN copy

If you didn’t already pick it up, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX is available for purchase. So if you don’t have a copy yet, you may even be able to find the super rare limited edition that contains the 24 page artbook packaging!

2014 will be an exciting year for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, so make sure you stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog for more information!

Please feel free to leave a comment or question below if you want to chat about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX!

50 Comments
2 Author replies

>Advertises HD Collection
>Posts 700×394 screenshots

1.1

Doesn’t fret about it.
Continues to enjoy life.

AL3KS4ND3R_1337 30 May, 2014 @ 11:30

Can’t wait :D

Mat Kishimoto 02 June, 2014 @ 01:22
2.1

Glad you’re excited! We are as well :D

Give it to me….now!

Also what are you planning on doing about dream drop distance? Since it’s story is so important to the future of the series is it not being added in some way to this collection or by other means?

3.1

it’s a 3ds exclusive that came out merely like a year ago. its localized wordlwide so i doubt its coming to other consoles soon. i played it on 3ds and it was wonderful :)

3.2

yatenkun

You know what else was a 3DS exclusive? Resident Evil: Revelations; and guess what, now it’s on almost every console.

lumoplusjess 30 May, 2014 @ 22:24
3.3

just not vita :(

Please, make this happen on Vita.

4.1

And 1.5 too please. Pretty please?

4.2

Can’t stress on how good this would be.. honestly, I played KH2 back then and it was GREAT, and imagining it on the Vita sounds just perfect. Would be pretty unfortunate if it only has a PS3 release.. even though I still appreciate the HD remaster I’m sure I won’t enjoy it as much.
If any of 1.5, 2.5 or Crisis Core get a vita release they’d be impulse purchases for me.. they’re perfect matches.

mynxnmirrors 30 May, 2014 @ 15:44
4.3

This!
I love the series, and bought 1.5 on release, but only ended up investing a few hours into it. I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say 90% of my gaming is done on the VITA these days, and I can’t be the only one.

Show more replies
kingdomheartstf 30 May, 2014 @ 11:37

Matt, will Birth by Sleep have online multiplayer?
Will the new cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix be voiced?
Do you know roughly how long the Cinematics for Re:coded are?

Any chance of a vita version?

very ps2 looking. just upscaled to HD with minor adjustments. but i understand that the experience from these 3 games is more important than the beautiful visuals.

7.1

That’s the artstyle, cartoony to suit the Disney worlds.

KH will always look like that, the artstyle is timeless. Clean and colourful with nice detail. Check out the KH3 teaser trailer and you’ll see the visuals are incredibly similar, just more refined.

HomessaHomem 30 May, 2014 @ 11:46

I WANT A VITA VERSION TOO, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

What are the chances of this getting a simultaneous worldwide release?

9.1

Zero. But excluding Japan it should be the usual one day delay.

DizzyQViper 30 May, 2014 @ 14:30
9.2

Absolutely 0%.

On the other hand there is a big chance this will be digital only in the EU because Square Enix.

9.3

@Dizzy because it’s Square Enix and Kingdom Hearts, the opposite is true. The series is notorious for lack of digital availability, even the 3DS entry.

Show more replies
dark_angel69 30 May, 2014 @ 12:01

Finally! Been waiting like forever to hear something about this game. The screenshots look really nice. Just need one thing right now, release date, release date, release date, release date, release date!!!

Is the artbook tied to the game case again like it was with 1.5 or is it this time totally separate from the case?
When are you going to answer to those questions which you took using Surveymonkeys?
What can you do with the code which came with the 1.5 Limited Edition? I haven’t used it.

Mat Kishimoto 02 June, 2014 @ 01:27
11.1

We have not announced an artbook for this title. We will be sharing shortly what the surveymonkey questions were for. As far as the code that with the Limited Edition for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, I believe you may be talking about the Square Enix MEMBERS card, which is to register on our site to receive prizes and the latest game information!

11.2

I hope you do a Limited Edition with an artbook again, otherwise the game is going to look out of place when placed against KH 1.5 HD.

11.3

O’boy do I feel like a fool for being a bit too ahead for myself with the artbook for 2.5. Well, if you are considering it then please make it separate from the case.

Would you be able to tell us any words about release? What time of year would we be able to expect this game, assuming that we are talking about 2014 here? Thank you :)

Bacon_Crispies 30 May, 2014 @ 12:39

This is one of those games that makes sure you keep hold of your PS3 in this PS4 world, can’t wait.

How about releasing BBS and Crisis Core digitally for Vita?

14.1

They won’t release digitally because it’s illegal.

The songs they use in both games were never contracted to be used in a digital release.

DoYouLikeMyID 30 May, 2014 @ 13:11

I am SO excited for this! Kingdom Hearts II is my favorite game of all time, so getting the Final Mix version (in HD) will be absolutely fantastic! I also really loved Birth By Sleep, so getting the Final Mix version of that in HD will be awesome too. And as an extra bonus, I’ve never played Re:coded, so I’m interested in seeing what the story is about.

I also want to know if we’ll see Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance in some way on Playstation platforms. I’d prefer a standalone (retail) release, but I could imagine Kingdom Hearts III including a “movie” version of Dream Drop Distance, and that’d be just fine too. :D Oh well, only time will tell.

As much as I really, really want this (and 1.5) I now have a shiny PS4 on the shelf under my tele (and a PS3 that still plays PS2 games). So I really can’t justify buying a remake of an old game on a (going) obsolete console.

Same also applies the FF:X-HD. All I can say is Sony hurry up with Playstation Now, or optimistically please release a bumper PS4 addition with 1.5 and 2.5 combined!

16.1

Get FFX on Vita. Looks and plays beautifully.

16.2

i hear that here in the 21st century we have tvs that can support more than one console!

madmanwithabox12 30 May, 2014 @ 13:35

Vita? You know you want to SE.

ADAMJAMESXX 30 May, 2014 @ 14:58

No chance both kh1 and 2 will come out digitally?

i’d love a KH game on vita i say you guys bring us kingdom hearts HD 3.5 remix and put in DDD, 358/2 days, and REcoded. just for us vita fans. please?

there is video to this anyways I got first collection and ya cant wait for KH Collection 2 since about time to get rid off my old copys but sadley there only to great games on this disc since 3rd game on disc is remake of old ninendo game .

Mighty_Pirate_91 30 May, 2014 @ 15:51

Looks great from those screenshots. I can’t wait for this to come out missed it the first time it came out on the ps2.

Vita vita vita
Vita vita vita
Vita vita vita
Vita vita vita
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase

Yep I would love to see this on Vita.
Pleeeease! :)

CaptainWitwicky 31 May, 2014 @ 11:52

Any chance of a limited edition just like 1.5 HD? So I know what to look out for.

RichiRamjag 31 May, 2014 @ 16:49

VITA please!!!

Please bring this collection( along with 1.5 Remix if it’s possible) to PS Vita.I’d buy it without no doubt for the portable version

silverthorn1230 31 May, 2014 @ 18:11

Please bring to the Vita!

So many comments asking for Vita versions.

You know what to do SE.

madmanwithabox12 31 May, 2014 @ 23:16
28.1

Bringing these to Vita makes too much sense though. Why would they ever do anything that makes that much sense? Vita doesn’t get games that make sense, unfortunately.

2.5 in particular would really help bring people to Vita, since it’s got one of the biggest PSP games they can’t play on it. Now that’s being taken away by Birth By Sleep being a PS3 exclusive from here on out.

Also, they’re not responding to the comments on the US blog post, so what chance do we have of being seen and heard over here?

extermin8or_ 02 June, 2014 @ 01:13

Every time I see forum posts or blog entries about this game one thing is always the same. Everyone posting wants it on Vita. How hard can it be for Sony/SE to lsten and get someone to port it across (PROPERLY)….. Come on guys a Vita version of 1.5 Remix and this would be perfect and would sell pretty well I’m sure.

Any chance of a Vita version?

SuperPiposaru 02 June, 2014 @ 06:49

I can’t get this, I will NOT go through the pain and suffering that was GET UP ON THE HYDRA’S BACK, GET UP ON THE HYDRA’S BACK, GET UP ON THE HYDRA’S BACK.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history