Posted

5 reasons why you should pick up PlayStation Vita Pets this week

Take a closer look at the feature-packed portable adventure

Hey everyone thanks for dropping by! This week is a big one! PlayStation Vita Pets is launching onto PS Vita at retail and on PlayStation Store so we’re back with our launch trailer and the top 5 reasons why you should give the game a look!

1. The dogs!

The stars of the game and your new best friends are totally unique and unlike anything else you’ve seen in other games. Why? Our dogs have real personality (including likes and dislikes) that they express through their actions and their voice. We’ve gone to painstaking efforts to ensure that every line in the game is fully voiced… all 10,000+ of them!

They’ll also remember your face and voice – once you pick your dog it’ll take a good look at you and will want to make sure it’s you who’s come back to play each time you return.

2. Adventure!

Once you pick your dog, your adventure begins on an island filled with caves, mazes, castles and treasure! Your job is to uncover secret clues to solve the mystery of an ancient legend of a king and his dog.

Point 2

3. Pet Play

The dogs are hungry for adventure but they’re also just plain hungry – you’ll have just as much fun looking after your dog, feeding it, stroking it, showering it and playing games. Return each day to meet their daily needs, earn buddy points and go for a walk in the forest to dig up some treasure to buy new toys and games. Our dogs also have the added bonus of being able to tell you when they need to go to the toilet so there shouldn’t be any mess to clean up!

Point 3

4. Real world play

We are using the latest markerless AR technology in the game to allow you to take your dog into the real world, just point the PS Vita and the dog will leap through its doggy door and out into your house. Want to play ball in the garden, run some obstacle courses or dig up treasure from your own floorboards? Well you can now!

5. Dress up

We’ve created hundreds of items of clothing for you to dress your dog up in, full outfits, hats, jackets, collars, props and more. Want to turn your Labrador into a mighty steed with a knight on his back? Want to turn your bold Collie into a little Amelia Earhart? Well you can here! You’ll be able to unlock new and exciting clothes as you progress the game and if you don’t want them you can always gift them to your PSN friends because what’s nicer than receiving a banana suit for your dog in mail?

Don’t forget that you can go grab our iOS and Android companion app, PS Vita Pets: Puppy Parlour, where you can earn even more exclusive costumes for your dog.

We’ve hardly scratched the surface with the above – there’s so much more in the game that we’ll delve deeper into in the coming weeks, things like all the side quests, collectables, gameplay variety and even cooler PS Vita features!

Point 5

PlayStation Vita Pets is available from today, 4th June for only €29.99.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

link1983 4 June, 2014 @ 12:03 pm   1

Sony, I came to you in 2007 because Nintendo insulted me with pet sims and tutorials in their popular franchises. Please say this is just a one off. :/

WearingFin 4 June, 2014 @ 12:18 pm

How dare different people have different tastes. Nintendo showed there is a market, Sony is providing for it.

KaneTheGoth 4 June, 2014 @ 12:44 pm

It’s sad that you feel insulted by game genres. Don’t like it? Don’t play it!
    It’s not my type of game either, but leave those that may enjoy it to their fun.

endlessmyke 4 June, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

Why do you think they should make games exclusively for you and your tastes? Just don’t buy it….or maybe even try something different. You might like it

Cataplexy-Pop 4 June, 2014 @ 2:09 pm

Yeah, SONY! I’ve only been playing games approved by link1983. How could you let this happen? Was link1983 not at the approval meeting on the day you let somebody put a game like this through? Why have you chosen to insult him in this fashion?

Besides, I have three dogs in real life already and I can put hats on them if and when I want to. They don’t go on wicked adventures into abandoned mine shafts but I still like them.

I’m still wondering why call this game Pets, when there are only dogs…

NO CATS NO BUY.

zalwelgoedgaan 4 June, 2014 @ 12:08 pm   3

Cute, but there’s no Parappa.

NightRanma 4 June, 2014 @ 12:14 pm   4

NEEDS MORE CATS.

Why do you developers make these games only with dogs, excluding a huge percentage of your potential audience who like cats?

zalwelgoedgaan 4 June, 2014 @ 12:19 pm

You cat be serious. A cat would lay on the ground all day, being lazy like a dog.

andrewsqual 4 June, 2014 @ 12:32 pm

Cats are usually the antagonists in this kind of media and this type of game has no need for bad guys ^_^

Which languages will the game be available in?

Witcher70 4 June, 2014 @ 12:27 pm   6

I LOVE DOGS ! I can’t wait to pick up and PLAY !

just think the asking price for eu compared to the 19,95 Dollars in Us is a bit steep, so I’ll skip until bergain bin 🙂

Envirasu 4 June, 2014 @ 12:56 pm   8

Is it (or will it be) possible to turn off the dogs’ voices? I have no problem with the voice-acting (it was actually pretty good in the trailer I saw), but I’m a bit iffy with talking animals.

Zejfur 4 June, 2014 @ 1:49 pm

It’s a big part of the game, so you’ll be missing out if you do.

You can turn down the volume slider for the voices though.

endlessmyke 4 June, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

You can turn the voices off

Finka_Karfein 4 June, 2014 @ 1:01 pm   9

How dare you title this game Vita Pets when there are only dogs?! It should be named Vita Dogs!

No cats, no buy. Not even with a discount. Introduce cats and you’ll have my pre-order.

matdub69 4 June, 2014 @ 1:03 pm   10

I was actually considering this until i saw the MASSIVE price disparity between the US price for this game and that for Australia. $A39.99 in the stores vs $US19.99 on US PSN. Considering our respective dollars are almost at parity I am disgusted by this difference. Now I see the euro price is even worse. i am a used to a bit of a difference but this is unacceptable. Goodbye.

Ziomano 4 June, 2014 @ 1:05 pm   11

Reason 6. Easy platinum – or at least what everyone is expecting 😉

Nesther 4 June, 2014 @ 1:10 pm   12

>the game is fully voiced

That supposed reason to buy it, is actually a big flaw.

DoYouLikeMyID 4 June, 2014 @ 1:20 pm   13

Well first review is in, and it’s a 9/10… I may have to keep a lookout for this…

blendercat27 4 June, 2014 @ 1:28 pm   14

My partner wants this for her Vita, so we’ll be picking it up next week. I’m not so into the talking dogs, I’ll admit, but it sure looks cute, and fun.

JorporMark 4 June, 2014 @ 1:56 pm   15

US price: $19,99. EU price: €29,99.
It should be the other way around, just sayin’. Gonna wait ’till the price drops to €19,99. This is absolutely ridiculous.

BleachBeach 4 June, 2014 @ 1:59 pm   16

Been waiting for this for a while now, I’ll be picking it up. Nice to see a story focus too rather than the usual owning/caring for a dog. Good to see more variety on the Vita too – keep it up.

stelek 4 June, 2014 @ 3:37 pm   17

I normally don’t complain about prices. I’m trying to keep VAT in mind. But this… It’s like the game is twice as expensive in Europe compared to the US. C’mon!
My daughters are really waiting for this game but I’ll have to hide the fact that it’s been already released from them until the price is resonable.

stelek 4 June, 2014 @ 3:40 pm   18

Wow, the price is different in the PS store update post. Strange…

hitman_stephen 4 June, 2014 @ 4:42 pm   19

Much pets ! Such Wow! So Doge!

cowbanana 4 June, 2014 @ 6:36 pm   20

I have one reason not to buy this for my 8 year old daughter. Pricing.

If it cost the equivalent of 20 USD I’d pick it up, but €24.99 is just too much of a difference. You also suck at math and/or exchange rates. Store says €24.99 which equates 186 DKK, yet the price on the store is 199 DKK. While a minor price hike it just pushes the price even more in the wrong direction. Good luck selling this…