Posted

inFAMOUS First Light is coming to PS4 this August

Abigail “Fetch” Walker takes centre stage in a new standalone PSN title

My name is Jason Connell, and I’m one of the Creative Leads on inFAMOUS First Light, the brand new standalone inFAMOUS title for PlayStation 4 that we just announced at the Sony press conference tonight.

As someone who worked on the original cutscenes that we used to announce this character before, I am pretty excited that my first PlayStation Blog post revolves around the return of my favourite conduit from inFAMOUS Second Son, Abigail “Fetch” Walker.

Played once again by the brilliantly talented Laura Bailey, Fetch is back and her story is not an easy one to tell. There is heartache, drug abuse and abandonment. Playing as Fetch, you’ll experience the events that transform her into the conduit you met in Second Son. You will get to see her cope with life in Curdun Cay (the high alpine prison) after being captured by the DUP, and experience what happens when her brother Brent goes missing – and how far she will go to find him.

Check out our announce trailer above to get a glimpse of Fetch in Curdun Cay.

In First Light, you will be able to explore new environments, such as Curdun Cay itself and the beautiful snowy mountain passes around it. You’ll also revisit the city of Seattle this time through the lens of Fetch’s neon colored glasses. Of course it wouldn’t be an inFAMOUS game without awesome powers, and this time around, you’ll see first hand that Fetch has her own flavour of neon that is unique to her character and tone.

In Second Son, we made great progress on our lighting engine, particle effects, and our ability to give characters richer personalities using facial motion capture techniques. We’ve continued to use these tools to not only develop Fetch more as a character but also to bring you to new environments as well.

And for those with a photographer’s eye, I’m pleased to confirm that Photo Mode is included in First Light. I’ve been super impressed by the quality level of screen shots shared with #ps4share on Twitter. The details that fans captured are impressive so I am excited to see what is shared when people start playing!

inFAMOUS_First_Light-Fetch_snowy_run
inFAMOUS_First_Light-Fetch_close_upinFAMOUS_First_Light-Fetch_locked_up

First Light will be releasing this August and will be available digitally through the PlayStation Store as a standalone game. We also have some fun exclusive content in the game for those who own Second Son as well; we’ll share more details on this later.

Keep an eye out for more news on First Light, and if you have any questions about the game, Fetch or if you simply want to know how many particles we render for rain or snow… ask away in the comments! Thanks for reading!

21 Comments
0 Author replies
Waikato_Pete 10 June, 2014 @ 06:46

Looks awesome guys!
Really enjoyed Second Son (those graphics…), keep it up!

medenko1975 10 June, 2014 @ 06:47

Just hope not another 59,99€ release.

i love infamous in 2014 my video game ps3 and ps4

Hmm .. Sony should think about a good discount for those who own Infamous SS .. vs those who only buy the stand alone.

xXFTJ_KaMiKaZeXx 10 June, 2014 @ 08:38

I bought the collector’s edition do I have to buy first light or is it free scene I bought the collectors edition

blendercat27 10 June, 2014 @ 09:38
5.1

Did the collector’s edition come with the promise of receiving First Light for free?

I’m going to wait for a price before I can decide….One way or another i will get this one day :)

please, add a platinum trophy!

solarwind12 10 June, 2014 @ 12:15

Good move, reminding me of the ‘bloody mary’ standalone, which was also a good move, whatever the price is i get the feeling it’s gonna be fair/worth it.

Devilusnick 10 June, 2014 @ 12:35

Wow! People! You guys are cheap! Complaining about “hope its not ex amount (price)/(Discounts) I got collectors edition, i got this and that, does it come free?” These developers has worked hard to make these games for you, it isn’t easy! Anyone who worked hard to make games like this earns my money, especially when I KNOW its going to be a GOOD one! Completed SS all the way to platinum trophy! Take my goddamn money sucker punch! Keep up the good games!

ShadowGandalf 10 June, 2014 @ 12:42

So it’s a standalone title, not an add-on? YAY. I traded my copy of Infamous SS when I bought Watchdogs. I wasn’t relishing the idea of buying it back. Not saying it wasn’t a good game, It was, it’s more the money side of things for me.

Please add a bit more to do, inFamous was great but apart from the storyline there was little of interest to do really. Great game but once it’s done, it’s done.

I look forward to adding inFAMOUS: First Light to my kollection.

This acctually looks more like Far Cry Blood Dragon kind of deal. Either that or a Giant DLC package that costs 20$.

xXFTJ_KaMiKaZeXx 11 June, 2014 @ 01:31

I don’t know

darksidersguy123 11 June, 2014 @ 03:10

I can’t waite to get the new infamous first light it is gonna be cool cause I beat the the first one now lets see if I can beat this one ;)

darksidersguy123 11 June, 2014 @ 03:14

and when in August is it coming out for the ps4 is there a date for it yet? on when it is coming out?

Archangel-91- 11 June, 2014 @ 17:01

Infamous second son is an amazing game hopefully this add on offers a few hours of content.

AceSoloMcCloud 18 June, 2014 @ 08:35

Hmm I’m not big on digital games, I find Add-On DLC takes up enough space over the life of a console, I prefer games to be on discs.
So either this is going to take up a chunk of space on the HDD being a standalone game and not DLC for SS or it’s a very short adventure for Fetch. If it’s a hefty size, please consider a retail release.

Rising-Up-64 21 June, 2014 @ 11:13

I NEED A RELEASE DATE NOW!

medenko1975 30 June, 2014 @ 12:09

and price tag when?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history