Posted

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End trailer debuts at E3 2014

Your first look at Nathan Drake’s epic PS4 debut

You’ve been waiting for it and it’s finally here. At E3 2014 we unveiled two trailers, one for each of the PS4 projects we’re currently developing. The UNCHARTED game we’ve been working on sees the return of…well, why don’t you watch the trailer and see for yourself!

That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

The next generation of Nathan Drake is going to be very real and will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It’s his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

We’ll have more information on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End in the coming months.

36 Comments
2 Author replies

Looks insane! Worth staying up for

majesticbeastt 10 June, 2014 @ 04:08

NAUGHTY GODS! this is witchcraft!

Eric Monacelli 10 June, 2014 @ 08:44
2.1

Ha. Hardly. It’s a lot of hard work tho. Glad you like it!

CloudBelmont 10 June, 2014 @ 04:10

How can this possible, and 60FPS now!!! What is this sorcerery?!!

3.1

…PS4

Looking forward to this! Keep them coming Naughty Dog, masterpiece after masterpiece!

Naughty God is so incredibly based. Why can’t other devs be as good as them? Literally only Naughty Dog can top Naughty Dog.

If this is what they can achieve with their first PS4 title imagine the future!

Eric Monacelli 10 June, 2014 @ 08:45
5.1

That’s what we try to do. Thank you for the very kind words.

extermin8or_ 10 June, 2014 @ 04:43

:D can’t wait:D

Really looking forward too! Please have more puzzle solving in this.

davidchall1 10 June, 2014 @ 09:12

Wow! Congratulations to the whole team – that was just incredible! (certainly made staying up ’til 4am worthwhile) From rumours leading up to E3 I had been expecting excellent graphics, but this was so far beyond anything I had imagined.

One question: does “in-engine” mean that actual gameplay might look similar? Or this is more how the cutscenes will look?

blendercat27 10 June, 2014 @ 09:13

This made me feel so much better after all that talk about Vib-Ribbon that didn’t lead into a new Vib-Ribbon announcement at all.

Uncharted 4 wiped my tears away and replaced them with joy.

Really looking forward to seeing gameplay of this.

Finally, the first game I have seen that makes the PS4 a MUST PURCHASE for me. The Uncharted games are the best on any system and I recently replayed the first 3. They don’t date at all! This announcement is the best news! Thanks guys!

In one word: WOW! Excelent job done. Your programmers are really the best! It is funny when you see game like Watchdogs claiming that it using full power of PS4.

Can you tell us, if we get some gameplay(just small) video in some near future(2 months lets say)?

Marco….?

12.1

Polo…

Hi guys… dont forget to made a ps3 version… spetacular!

13.1

This is not possible on PS3. You will need to get a PS4 if you wanna play this game.

Naughtydogs, Rockstar, EA and Sony only game developers I buy games from.

DoYouLikeMyID 10 June, 2014 @ 10:33

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

My body is ready.

dark_angel69 10 June, 2014 @ 10:54

I only watched the show this morning and as soon as it was coming to an end, there was just a few minutes left and never shown this game. I was thinking to myself, “please show Uncharted!! Please show Uncharted!!” and THERE IT WAS!! Saved the best for last!!!! Can’t wait for this game!!!!

BLOWN AWAY ! I cannot wait to hear more !

solarwind12 10 June, 2014 @ 12:21

This must be future game of year, in many categories, really looking forwards to seeing if it can outdo amongst, which for me was The ps3’s highlight/ceiling, and to think that was a few years back too, yep the graphics make a ok game better, tlou (imo) but when applied to a good game, hopefully this, just want to recapture that ‘wow’ factor, that started the amongst and stayed till very end, All 17 playthroughs at the time… best wishes to outdo that.

@Eric, So will it be 2015 Q4 release date? like all the other Uncharted games.

Hoping for a multiplayer beta to :D

DROOL :P :P :P + ‘A Thief’s End’? Hmm sounds like it might be the last Uncharted game then? Short but BRILLIANT Vdeo anyway :D

Looking mint, please keep a heavy historic/legend focus like 1 & 2, the “it wasn’t real” of 3 was a little naff.

PS4 MASTER RACE. :)

I take your “1080p/60FPS target” statement as a promise ;)

@About Uncharted4: I HATE pirates (never played AC4 ’cause of this) but I know fills fine in the Uncharted saga.
I’ll take a look at it obviously.

Was very impressed by the quality of this trailer! One of the most, if not most impressive, graphics I’ve seen on PS4 so far. Can’t wait to see more!

Barnsey_SWFC 10 June, 2014 @ 17:57

Looks brilliant amazing how real it looks. Just hope this isn’t the last uncharted or a loss of a character e.g sully, with the title a thief’s end

Wow, impressive and this is just the start on PS4 – Just look at the differnce between Uncharted 1 & 2.

Where can a place order for the this instalment

TVsportsCOD 10 June, 2014 @ 19:55

Looks amazing. I hope it’s a fitting end (will it really be the end?) to the series. 2015 sounds like a great gaming year. Also I’d given up hope of 1080/60 on current gen. If anyone can pull it off, I’d back Naughty Dog. If not we can enjoy the PS5 remake :) either way it’s going to be a long wait.

savageamusement 10 June, 2014 @ 21:11

Ordering a PS4 as soon as this fantastic looking masterpiece is bundled with it.

residentSteve 10 June, 2014 @ 21:20

Please don’t say this is the end of uncharted maybe a small rest for the series, I’m hoping for another trilogy of uncharted for ps4.

2015 is tomorrow? Please say yes daddy Pleeeeaaassseeeee!!!!!

There are many facets of Naughty Dog games to like over what is dislikable. They are fun to play and challenging at the same time. But what I cannot stand for some reason is all of the hype that comes as unwelcome baggage loading down each and every one of their games.

Mas juegos para psvita, hay muy pocos

Assassin-_-MerKz 13 June, 2014 @ 19:13

This looks amazing cant wait Nice Job

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history