Happy E3! As you may have heard during PlayStation’s press conference, the YouTube team has been working hard to bring you a fully featured YouTube app to PlayStation 4, where you can find and play all of YouTube including music videos, gaming videos, live streams and more. Today, we’re delighted to announce that YouTube is coming to PS4 this Autumn!
- inFAMOUS First Light is coming to PS4 this August
- LittleBigPlanet 3 is coming soon to PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered PS4 release date and new trailer
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End trailer debuts at E3 2014
- From Software’s Bloodborne announced exclusively for PS4
- Entwined announced for PS4 – and it’s out now!
- Dead Island 2 announced for PS4
- No Man’s Sky is coming to PS4
- Not a Hero coming to PS4 and PS Vita, from the creators of OlliOlli
- Far Cry 4 – ‘Keys to Kyrat’ feature is exclusive to PlayStation
- The Order: 1886 – Release date, new trailer and Collector’s Edition unveiled
- The original Ratchet & Clank is being re-imagined for PS4
- YouTube app coming to PS4 this Autumn
Sharing your greatest gaming achievements on YouTube will be a piece of cake on PS4 thanks to the dedicated sharing capabilities at the very heart of the PS4. YouTube will officially be one of the social options offered when you press the SHARE button on your DualShock 4. After pressing SHARE, you’ll see the YouTube icon pop up alongside Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, and Ustream and in just a couple of quick steps, you can go from playing your favourite games to publishing videos on your own YouTube channel. You’ll also be able to see your friends’ shared YouTube videos using the “What’s New” feed.
In addition to the integrated sharing functionality, we will simultaneously launch a YouTube app on PS4 (just like on PS3) where you can access your favorite YouTube channels, videos and personalities.
We can’t wait for you all to start sharing your gaming triumphs on YouTube! Look for more news coming soon. In the meantime, what games are you looking forward to sharing on YouTube?