Hi everyone, we’ve just released a significant new update for Gran Turismo 6. See below for the full list of new features introduced:
Vision Gran Turismo
The “Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. Experience the dynamic all wheel drive supercar that inherits the DNA of the Volkswagen sports GTI philosophy.
After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in “My Home”. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
The “Volkswagen Vision GT” racing gear has been added to the [Special Outfit] of [Racing Gear]. This can also be acquired through the limited time seasonal event.
Red Bull Ring
The full course and short track layouts of the Red Bull Ring have been added as new tracks to the game.
This is a high speed circuit with long flat out sections, but there are tricky tight corners in between. How you handle these tight turns will greatly affect your final lap time. In 2014, Formula 1 racing returned to this track after an 11 year hiatus; the circuit truly brings together the best of the old and the new.
The following cars have been added to the Dealerships. You can also access the cars easily from the Recommended Cars section:
- GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN ’13
- Lexus IS F CCS-R ’11
- Toyota TS030 Hybrid ’12
Physics simulation update
The main improvements are as follows:
- Dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps
- Effect of tyre geometry changes (mainly the Camber Angle)
- Controllability of some rear heavy cars
The default settings of tuning parts have also been adjusted to match this update.
Adjustments to cars
On the various Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X models, the Active Steering in Driving Options is now enabled.
Additional offline features
- Datalogger can now be called out from the Quick Menu of Time Trial events. However, please note that a part of the feature will be limited when used in this manner. Please refer to the online manual for more details.
- A ‘Reset to Default’ option that returns car settings to their initial state has been added.
- Start signals are now enabled on tracks with signals.
Additional online features
- A window that notifies the start of events, and countdowns for course voting has been added to the lower right of the open lobby.
- The upload timings for rankings have been changed for both Drift Rankings and Section Time Trials.
For more information on the update, head over to the official Gran Turismo site.