Posted

Blue Estate takes aim at PS4 tomorrow – watch the launch trailer

Get a taste of what to expect from the OTT rail shooter

Hi PlayStation Readers, this is Viktor Kalvachev from HeSaw. Today is D-Day, we’re releasing our Blue Estate baby on the PlayStation Store tomorrow and we’re really, really excited about the launch so we wanted to share with you the launch trailer for the game.

Blue Estate - PS4

And for those of you who missed our latest video, here’s a little overview about Blue Estate.

Blue Estate is a darkly funny rail shooter based on the comic books of the same name. Designed from the ground up to exploit the accuracy and precision of the gyroscopic features of the new PlayStation 4 controller, the game offers slick wit and punishing violence via a genuinely fun and intuitive control system, all set in an eye-popping technicolor mob world.

Blue Estate - PS4

In Blue Estate, you play Tony Luciano, the homicidal maniac son of LA’s crime boss Don Luciano, and Clarence, a broke ex-Navy SEAL who has been hired to clean up Tony’s mess. While Tony wages war with the Sik gang in an attempt to get back his kidnapped “Helen of Troy”, Clarence has to try to end that war against increasing odds.

Harnessing the smooth motion control courtesy of the PlayStation 4’s advanced sensor, in a rail shooter, the player will enter a fight for his life against the most absurd and dangerous enemies, such as scar covered champions that fight-to-the-death, Tony’s own hair, and Chihuahuas that are all too happy to see you. You are given a series of primary and secondary weapons to help wade through the hilariously perilous missions, which will come in handy defeating the bosses who’ll try to end your game and your life. But sometimes firepower isn’t enough, so think before shooting and use cover to prepare your strategy; reload often, and try not to get turned into grated cheese.

Blue Estate - PS4

You can also invite a friend to join the fun, through a cooperative mode where every headshot counts to show who’s the best shot!

Blue Estate is out tomorrow with a free demo available for all PS4 players. And for as low as €19.99/£15.99 with an additional 20% off for PS Plus members, it just doesn’t get any better. Play the demo alone or with a friend in co-op mode, enjoy some good old light gun arcade action, and spread the word. Once you’ve mastered the game, you can up the next difficulty level and test your skills.

Blue Estate - PS4

And should you need any more info, feel free to visit our Facebook page and our official website!

25 Comments
7 Author replies
solarwind12 24 June, 2014 @ 17:43

In yesterdays post you repeatedly repeated the DS4 is as good, even better than the move, as owner of move/navigation controller and ps4 camera, can i use the move if i choose, even if it is for co-op,… only have one DS4 and not planning on getting another any time soon, am very interested in trying this game anyway, via DS4 if it is only way, but can you/someone say if the move can work, if no then i will guess it’s more because sony want it this way, ie only option for co-op is another DS4, obviously you can’t say if that is so, but please answer if there is support, or it will be added soon?. thanks and good luck with launch.

1.1

Same here. I even own the sharp shooter peripheral and two Move controllers (and the navigation controller). Support would be greatly appreciated. :)

Viktor Kalvachev 25 June, 2014 @ 13:22
1.2

We wanted to give the PS4 players an out-of the box experience without having them to spend extra money on peripherals. We are currently not supporting the Move. However, we are always listening to the community and all your feedback is greatly appreciated.

There’s no point in adding move support as the DS4 has this built in and every PS4 owner has a DS4, as for the game? It reminds me of HOTD overkill….and that’s a good thing

2.1

I beg to differ, Aim with one hand VS aiming with two

Had me until “[on-]rail shooter”, I’m out.

residentSteve 24 June, 2014 @ 18:27

It might be worth me turning on my ps4, the last of us is so far away and my ps4 is so starved of games.

TeddyBearTwinkle 24 June, 2014 @ 18:49
4.1

im getting my ps4 soon after hols in july :D and i might pick this up as well oh and the good thing about ps4 is NO STUPID HOME LOGO and it will stay this way PS4 HOME WILL NT HAPPEN even if i have to email every internet provider and get them to block it from every ps4 i soo will :D

Really big fan of rail shooters but I’ll wait for the inevitable PS+ giveaway. Looking at those screenshots my fears have been confirmed, enemies occupying every part of the screen at various ranges, bosses with specific hit locations and all with that shaky unnatural control method. I honestly don’t understand why no time was given to implement Move support as an *option* by all means do this DS4 thing, but surely having the choice is better than not and if these blog posts and comments are anything to go by you’d get way more sales.

Viktor Kalvachev 25 June, 2014 @ 13:25
5.1

I encourage you to try the demo and make up your mind after that :)

HuLiGaN_CrYsS 24 June, 2014 @ 19:13

I hope it will be soon on Instant Game Collection .

medenko1975 24 June, 2014 @ 20:00

RAMBO anyone?

Support move and sharpshooter and I’ll buy it. I have two sharpshooters so I’ll just stick to the old PS3 games otherwise.

needs move support.

mikeyg316uk 25 June, 2014 @ 04:19

i picked up the demo of this off the us store last night and its a good game but it kept losing tracking of the ds4, and one point i was pointin at the floor to keep the target on the screen. i would enjoy yhis more if it had move support. after the demo i played last night until that happen i wont be buying this

Viktor Kalvachev 25 June, 2014 @ 13:27
10.1

Here is a tip:
1. Get in the position you want to play in and hit L1 or UP. The reticle is now centered.
2. The moment you realize you are moving your arms away from that position of comfort, go back to step 1.
You can do this as often as you need and is very easy. You shouldn’t have any more problems with the tracking after that :)

10.2

Exact same problem I kept having and I didn’t move from my spot it seems fun but I can’t keep the aim calibrated

10.3

Would be cool to have a recalibrate option like at the beginning of the game and/or a update so it doesn’t keep messing up as it does now. If those fixes happen I’ll definitely be purchasing

Great work making a demo available! I’ll definitely give it a try :)

Faustofausto 25 June, 2014 @ 15:56

Move+Sharpshooter =/= DS4

For an on rail shooter there is no better control than a move controller. In fact I would argue that Move + navigator is the best control for first person shooters period on rail or not. It is a shame that we are not given a choice to play our games with the type of controls we favour. I would instantly download this game as soon as it is move enabled.

Viktor Kalvachev 26 June, 2014 @ 10:02
13.1

Thanks for the feedback, we hear you loud and clear. I would also love to know what you think of the gameplay with the ds4 and encourage you to give the demo a try.

Hello Viktor Kalvachev,

I have buy the game on the EU store. I loved it! I was played the Demo from the US store and i was totaly in love with this game.

Are you planning to do DLC? For extra levels etc…. I hope so because there a not a lot games as this.
A very welcome to the PS4!

Keep up the good stuff….

Thx!!!!!!!!

Viktor Kalvachev 26 June, 2014 @ 10:04
14.1

Thank you so much for the support, I am really happy you love the game. Stay tuned for more updates :)

I was very interested to try this game and I must say I’m pleasantly surprised.
You do have to recenter the controls very often but if you just do this while reloading it’s not a problem. I’m astonished at how accurate the gyro is.
I have Track IR so I’m used to how these things work (axis center etc)

My only issue really is that in the menus the cursor is near perfect but once you get in game it’s only half as smooth movement wise . Am I right in say that’s because the game is running at 30fps rather than 60fps as in the title screen?

I have played the game both ways. Normal controller orientation and like the Infamous sorry can. Both work very well indeed but I prefer the more gun like Infamous grip :)

One thing I’m not so keen on is the touchpad swiping. I always find that kinda thing more akward than entertaining.

I’d like to see more control options. Perhaps even the old arcade style move away from screen to reload. Maybe a shake of the controller?

Just think what else you coul...

Show full comment

I was very interested to try this game and I must say I’m pleasantly surprised.
I have Track IR so I’m used to how these things work (axis center etc)

Just think what else you could do with the controller though.
Gun sounds from controller speaker?
Reload sound from speaker?
In the ‘Infamous grip’ style use the right analogue stick forward and back for pump action reload.
Melee attacks……actually there’s your next game. FPS on rails Ninja Simulator with gyro katana controls and Ninja Star throwing.

I think ing going to have to buy this.

Viktor Kalvachev 26 June, 2014 @ 13:04
15.1

Excellent feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to write this down. It is much appreciated. I am also very happy you enjoyed the demo and grateful for spreading the good word. We are always listening to the community and will take each note into account. Thanks again! Enjoy the full game :)

DOWNLOAD NOW!!!

Foolishbean69 27 June, 2014 @ 13:03

Just want to add my voice to the others requesting MOVE support.

It plays really nicely with the DS4, well done indeed, however a move controller and sharshooter would be even better.

For those of us with the camera, move controllers, sharpshooters etc, this is exactly the game we need!

Viktor Kalvachev 27 June, 2014 @ 13:13
17.1

Thank you! Noted :)

How to play.

1. Prop left elbow on desk (if left handed try the reverse of these directions)

2. Hold controller sideways in right hand (like the spray can mechanic from infamous)

3. Left hand reloads/centers/swipes, right hand aims/shoots/switches weapon

can be played one handed in bursts.. good for drinking drews. (just hard to swipe one handed)

game rox!

RockHardy305 05 July, 2014 @ 09:06

I enjoyed the demo, and would buy the game if not for the controls. DS4 responsiveness is good, but the calibration issues are a chore. Sometimes, I don’t realize the calibration is too far off until I’m at a critical juncture in the game.

The whole time I kept lamenting the lack of a Guncon for the PS4. I don’t own a Move, but I would honestly buy that device if this game supported it. The DS4 became a hurdle to my enjoyment of the demo. A full game of that would drive me insane. This is a gun game. It needs some kind of gun support.

In the limited exposure I got from the demo, it brought back fond memories of my favorite gun games. Please implement Move support. I can’t purchase this game until then. It is such a good game otherwise.

This game is amazing! It’s exactly the game I’ve been waiting for, very fun, fast paced, looks beautiful, sound is great, and the controls… Well, the controls are okay..the one thing this game lacks is move support. Don’t get me wrong the ds4 works good with it, but the whole point of the move is to make it feel more like you’re in the game. Hence forth, makes the game much more enjoyable. Great job on the game! But please add move support.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history