Posted

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 bundle unveiled

Pick up a console packed in with Naughty Dog’s action classic next month

We’re really pleased to confirm that we will be releasing a PS4 bundle for The Last of Us Remastered in Europe!

It has a €429.99 RRP and will include the following:

• The Last of Us Remastered
  • PlayStation 4
  • DualShock 4

TLOU PS4 bundle

Grab your interest? Check your local retailers for listings to pre-order now.

Finally, just in case you missed it, check out the latest E3 trailer above showing off The Last of Us in all its Remastered, 1080p glory.

52 Comments
0 Author replies

Any news coming soon on the Upgrade Discount that Naughty Dog said they were looking into?

1.1

I’m presuming that the lowering of the MSRP across the board is the only thing we’ll be getting.

mattyhew2100 27 June, 2014 @ 13:49
1.2

I got a tweet a while back from Sony UK saying they won’t be pursuing that now

AlexAtkinUK 27 June, 2014 @ 21:11
1.3

Their loss. If its reasonably discounted I will upgrade, if its not I won’t, plain and simple really.

Awesome! I’m sure that this is going to move some systems. Is there any actual gameplay footage coming, by the way? Would love to see the difference between this and the PS3 version.

MAXIMUMCARNAGE69 27 June, 2014 @ 13:13

Very nice but will there be a discount or upgrade system for the peeps who bought the ps3 version? Cheers.

blackout_pt 27 June, 2014 @ 13:24

@Alex, replying to the question posed on Twitter “Very happy to reveal The Last of Us Remastered PS4 bundle. Who could resist?”
My answer is: “Anyone that hasn’t lived of under a rock for the last year. SCEE behaviour regarding customers, ps+ subscribers, ps vita and every other thing is just sicking. No one in it’s right mind will continue to support a company like SCEE unless it’s policies change a lot and for the better.”

BTW, I don’t own and can’t afford an HDMI TV, so it’s very unlikely that I’ll buy a ps4 in the near future.

4.1

What is this even.

4.2

Butthurt much?

dirtmerchant1980 27 June, 2014 @ 14:30
4.3

your grammar is sicking (sic)ing)

Show more replies
Dr_Salvador84 27 June, 2014 @ 13:30

Having brought the original TLOU, with season pass, I really hope I am offered some sort of discount for the PS4 version.

Christoff1985 27 June, 2014 @ 14:03
5.1

Have You ever get any discount, when upgrading Your favourite movie from VHS to DVD or from DVD to Blu-ray? It’s sad truth, but I really suspect that gaming industry will be going exactly the same way as movies.

5.2

Gamers – ENTITLED!

5.3

@Christoff1985, one slight problem with that analogy, in local currency a game is RRP $120 while a Bluray will go for about $30 day of release. investment for the consumer is smaller so it’s not really the same thing even though on the surface it sounds fair enough.

I won’t be paying anywhere near full price for it, because price doesn’t equate to a ‘second viewing’.

Show more replies

Got a price for the UK yet?

Zavvi.com list Last Of Us Day One Edition for £34.98
(http://www.zavvi.com/games-ps4/the-last-of-us-remastered-day-1-edition/10944339.html)

I3loodthirsty 27 June, 2014 @ 14:07

A heads up on the digital download price would be nice even more so seeing as the americans have had the price reduced from $60 to $50 so it will be interesting too see how much we get charged.

mitchbel1996 27 June, 2014 @ 14:13
8.1

The difference is already getting returned.

I3loodthirsty 27 June, 2014 @ 15:32
8.2

I never asked about refunds.i said it would be nice too know how much it will be for us on the uk/eu store.with the scea price getting reduced will we see a similar price or not when ever scee feel we are worthy of being told the price.

Absolutely the best Ps4 bundle so far, if you have not played TLOU on ps3 yet. The real bargain with 1080p.

Porcupeth00 27 June, 2014 @ 14:15

hurry up and release the game please, want to replay it a 4th, 5th and 6th time lol.

Would be nice if the console had some kind of decal though, atm it’s just a PS4 with TLOU?

The BEST console ever + the BEST game ever = :P

Christoff1985 27 June, 2014 @ 15:09

@nulenvoid: I absolutely agree with Your point of view. I’ll also never pay the same amount of many for the same game with just upped graphics. I’m not even consider buying, because I prefer playing game once, maybe twice in the row and move on to another game.

But for the greedy corporations this is easy income. Most people will buy because it’s been awarded over 200 GOTY awards (Hooray!), it’s the best game of the last gen and it’s now in Full HD (again Hooray!).

Gamers should really start votting with their wallets. If remakes like this will sale well with the full price, then more projects like this will keep emerging, maybe in 4K, 8K etc. with even higher price tag.

Cheers!

Crumptastic_86 30 June, 2014 @ 08:15
13.1

This-if you don’t like it then don’t buy it. Sony (and ND) are not forcing you to buy this game. They also owe you nothing if you purchased the PS3 version/DLC – I own the digital PS3 version and still see the added value in trading up (the season pass content alone makes this almost worth the £30 I have this pre-ordered for)-this is more than just an up-res to 1080p. If that’s all you see then don’t buy the game-you will be disappointed.

So is the game censored again? I didn’t buy the PS3 version because it was censored and I will not buy this crap either if it’s censored.

KaneTheGoth 27 June, 2014 @ 15:44
15.1

Completely agree. If this is censored I won’t touch it. Which is a shame as I want to play the game.. just VERY anti-censorship (and the ethics surrounding it), especially when it’s done to a country that I don’t even live in.

Fish_Goes_Moo 27 June, 2014 @ 17:38
15.2

Would like to know if it’s censored as well. Unfortunately, I see a repeat of last time. Hide it, wait till the community finds out after release, then ignore for as long as possible.

Question has been asked multiple times and never receives an answer. If it was uncensored, there is no reason not to say so.

Crumptastic_86 30 June, 2014 @ 08:19
15.3

MP is still censored, afaik. If you didn’t buy the game because of that then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Same for those who didn’t buy South Park solely because of the cut scenes in the EU version. Think about what you are missing out on by the censorship and weigh up if totally boycotting it is proportional. Again, think about what you lose out on as a gamer, rather than “screw Sony/ND, I want them to lose one sale”.

Show more replies

I really loved this game on PS3, played it and cleared it, so i see no point buying it again.

Yep, ordered my day one edition from Zavvi, £34.99. Screw these massive price hikes!!!

Should be £29.99 on psn to start improving digital prices. Maybe £14.99 if you bought it digitally on ps3

Don’t get me wrong, this is one of my, if not my favorite games of all time. I would love to play it again seeing as I skipped the DLC to play it on the inevitable PS4 version but I just can’t help not being blow away by the “remastered” visuals.

Is it just me? I can barely notice the difference, it just seems to look more “illustrated”. Sure it’s crisper and at 60fps but feel a little let down I guess :(

medenko1975 28 June, 2014 @ 07:26
19.1

wait till you play it.

Give us option to delete insulting Singstar crap from our PS3’s, then we can talk about buying your stupid PS4.

medenko1975 28 June, 2014 @ 07:27
20.1

i second that.

TitManSoldier 29 June, 2014 @ 17:02
20.2

Talk about disrespect lol. ‘Stupid ps4’ before judging it over your ‘singstar logo’ I suggest you ask the customers how much they love ps4 and much faster, better it is

residentSteve 28 June, 2014 @ 00:56

About time the ps4 had a decent game sony not impressed it took this long and it’s a ps3 remake, thank god I still have a ps3 a wii U and an xbox one my fav next gen console so far lol.

Finally a bundle to make me sad I only have a PS3 but I still refuse to get a PS4 until Sony sort out the lack of DLNA on the PS4. Voting with my wallet no matter how much I would love a PS4 for this.

Are we going to have stereoscopic 3D added to this? It will be well received and definitely an additional I sent ice for those of us who have played the game on PS3 and enjoy 3D.

TitManSoldier 29 June, 2014 @ 17:06

It will be worth it. I recently heard they achieved 60fps. They say it looks like it was originally made for ps4. Thats quite spectacular for them to achieve high standards, it comes with the changes and the dlc so you can’t really complain for what you get. If you don’t agree then don’t buy it was made mainly for those that didn’t get the chance to play it

Wooow dhsef

Tipsythomas 11 July, 2014 @ 05:15

I didn’t have a chance to play the ps3 version so seeing it like this on ps4 makes me happy I’m going to get another opportunity.
I don’t have a ps4 yet I’m looking for the right deal.
This bundle is sparking intrigue in me but I really would like to know if the ps4 ultimate bundle that comes with a ps vita is a mith or not?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.