Posted

Space Hulk: Deathwing announced for PS4

Watch the first trailer for the new Warhammer 40,000 FPS

Hello PlayStation Blog Readers, we’re live from Streum On Studio! Today, we’re glad to present you our baby, Space Hulk: Deathwing, planned for release in 2015 on PlayStation 4, with a brand new trailer using the beautiful Unreal Engine 4.

For those who are not familiar with the title; Space Hulk: Deathwing is a first-person shooter experience based on Games Workshop’s classic Space Hulk boardgame set in the universe of Warhammer 40,000.

spacehulk_deathwing-04

Space Hulk: Deathwing offers players the chance to experience a desperate battle against Genestealers in the claustrophobic tunnels of a Space Hulk, as they will gain skills, new abilities and new equipment thanks to experience earned during perilous missions.

Space Hulks drift along the currents of the Warp, the immaterial dimension of Chaos. Made up of gigantic mangled asteroids, derelict ship wrecks and other spatial debris, they sometimes grow to the size of a moon and often contain treasured and ancient lost technologies. However, they are ripe with danger including infestations of the lethal Genestealers.

spacehulk_deathwing-02

You’ll take on the role of a Space Marine from one of the most secret and most feared Space Marine Companies: the Deathwing from the Dark Angels. Strap on your Terminator armour and equip the emblematic weaponry of the Space Marines to overcome the threats awaiting you in the Space Hulk.

As a Librarian, you will also master the destructive powers of the Psykers. Your skills and performance in battle grant you Fervor Points, to spend on four skill trees allowing you to improve your abilities, unlock new powers, access powerful relics and devastating new weapons.

spacehulk_deathwing-03

That’s it for today. For any further info, do not hesitate to visit our official website or our Facebook channel. I’ll stop by sometimes to answer the questions you’ll leave in the comment section, so do not hesitate to ask! :)

21 Comments
0 Author replies
xEDxKILLATRONIC 27 June, 2014 @ 15:12

Is the game a primarily a single player game, or coop?

MadDogxIRLx 27 June, 2014 @ 18:37
1.1

If this will be coop it’ll be fracking amazing, more so if u can have up to 4 players.. But it’s looking real good already, has my interest….

Porcupeth00 27 June, 2014 @ 15:20

blood for the blood god

2.1

This reminds me I need to paint my Chaos warriors fantasy regiment that I bough out of nostalgia last year .. took me 4 months to paint 3 chaos warriors (I put insane amounts of detail and time in to them lol) .. HAHA remember writing “blood for the blood God” on a piece of paper with the chaos cross during elementary school. (had just started warhammer fantasy as a hobby, which was admittedly way to expensive for a kid that age) my teacher flipped out .. I went to a Catholic elementary school and was Muslim so yeah, didn’t go that well… she reported me to the principal. Only when I brought my Chaos rule book did they believe it was from my hobby … wow, times goes by so fast :(

PS4 and W40K is a potentially deadly combination. Looking forward to it :)

hitman_stephen 27 June, 2014 @ 15:25

Resisting getting a PS4 is getting harder and harder every week. The games out for it are just unbelievable, keep it up is all i can say!

Porcupeth00 27 June, 2014 @ 15:32

Forgot to mention, big fan of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, been waiting for your next project ever since 2011 :) and on top of that, it’s W40K!.. which i love. So getting this. Good luck on your work

Genestealers? I thought they were Tyranids? If this takes it cues from the original it could be good. Wish I could still play the original.

Shintuhadoken 28 June, 2014 @ 19:36
6.1

Tyranids are the name of the overall race, genestealers are a species within the race designed for early infiltration of planets and ripping apart armour… But back on topic how cool did that trailer look!

LieutenantFatman 27 June, 2014 @ 16:00

Exciting times! I remember enjoying this back on the PSone, great game. :o)
“This is for Brother.. Ezekial! Back to the hell that spawned you!”

Looking forward to this one! I’ve played the board game about 20 years ago.

Never seen a good Warhammer game, so wont be getting this, it just looks like the same old crap but with better graphics.

Really glad that this game exists. Warhammer 40k needs more videogame love

The Unreal Engine hasn’t faired too well on the PS4 yet, current examples are a bit ‘barren’ looking in comparison to some of the other propriety engines on the platform. I would presume the above in game footage is PC going on what I’ve seen.

The team behind the game itself have proven themselves before (on PC anyway) so I would expect this to be pretty solid regardless.

Please, please, pleeeease, don’t let Cyanide anywhere near this game. Without a doubt one of the worst developers (amazingly) in business right now.
Streum On Studio need to keep them far away from being anything but tech support. If they don’t, it will be a death knell for Space Hulk.

Porcupeth00 28 June, 2014 @ 15:13
12.1

Cyanide are just publishing

12.2

Focus are publishing. Cyanide are developers. Dreadful developers too.

40,000 FPS?! – this is going to be unplayable

cowboybebop7DR 29 June, 2014 @ 09:32

Is that Terminator Armour ????? what size and weight are we looking at here coz am sure Terminator armour is over 9ft tall

Wow got really nostalgic! remember when i was a kid and had a dark angels army! The coolest chapter of all space marines =P, this is a must buy when I get a ps4!

femi-airboy_94 02 July, 2014 @ 12:43

This has caught my interest

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history