Posted

PlayStation Store charts, June: Valiant Hearts, EA Sports UFC and Entwined debut

Find out what the big sellers were on PlayStation Store last month

Time for your regular look back at the movers and shakers on PlayStation Store for the month past. June saw Minecraft maintaining its dominance on PS3, while PS4 saw a number of new entries jostling around in the top 10, including Valiant Hearts: The Great War, EA Sports UFC, Entwined and Sniper Elite 3. See the full rundowns below, and let us know what you picked up!

PS4

1. Outlast (7)
  2. Watch_Dogs (1)
  3. Trials Fusion (2)
  4. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (New)
  5. EA Sports UFC (New)
  6. Worms Battlegrounds (New)
  7. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (5)
  8. Entwined (New)
  9. Sniper Elite 3 (New)
  10. Battlefield 4 (Re-entry)
  11. Octodad: Dadliest Catch (11)
  12. FIFA 14 (10)
  13. Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
  14. Child of Light (3)
  15. Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (New)
  16. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (RE)
  17. Transistor (6)
  18. Fez (RE)
  19. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (16)
  20. Wolfenstein: The New Order (9)

PS Vita

1. Borderlands 2 (5)
  2. Need for Speed Most Wanted (RE)
  3. The Walking Dead: Season Two (10)
  4. Real Boxing (RE)
  5. Fez (RE)
  6. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (RE)
  7. Terraria (13)
  8. Persona 4 Golden (RE)
  9. LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita (RE)
  10. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (RE)
  11. Soul Sacrifice Delta (4)
  12. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (15)
  13. Hotline Miami (RE)
  14. God of War Collection (3)
  15. Dead Nation (7)
  16. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (1)
  17. Monster Monpiece (New)
  18. Urban Trial Freestyle (RE)
  19. Sound Shapes (RE)
  20. Football Manager Classic 2014 (RE)

PS3

1. Minecraft (1)
  2. The Walking Dead – Season Two (6)
  3. Watch_Dogs (4)
  4. Tomb Raider (RE)
  5. BioShock Infinite (RE)
  6. EA Sports FIFA 2014 World Cup Brasil (New)
  7. Battlefield 4 (RE)
  8. Grand Theft Auto V (RE)
  9. Battlefield 3 (RE)
  10. Borderlands 2 (RE)
  11. Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels (3)
  12. Crysis 3 (RE)
  13. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (RE)
  14. Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
  15. Saints Row IV (RE)
  16. Injustice: Gods Among Us (12)
  17. FIFA Street (RE)
  18. Dishonored (RE)
  19. Gran Turismo 6 (RE)
  20. Batman Arkham Origins (16)

PS one and PS2 Classics

1. Crash Bandicoot (2)
  2. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (6)
  3. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (8)
  4. CTR: Crash Team Racing (9)
  5. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (RE)
  6. Metal Gear Solid (1)
  7. Final Fantasy VII (RE)
  8. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (RE)
  9. Final Fantasy IX (RE)
  10. Canis Canem Edit (RE)
36 Comments
4 Author replies

I am suprised the store has a chart when its so broken every week, feels like a 1-7 for every customer.

1.1

are you trying to coin the term 1-7 after the game last night :P

jack_gllghr 09 July, 2014 @ 15:02

Is the brackets after a game the number of weeks it’s been in the charts or previous position in the charts?

Fred Dutton 09 July, 2014 @ 15:06
2.1

The number in brackets is its position last month

smashing1234 09 July, 2014 @ 15:06

Crash always makes the PS1 charts xD! LONG LIVE THE BANDICOOT!

3.1

ALL HAIL THE BANDICOOT!!!

bradleyEIRE 09 July, 2014 @ 15:08

Surely given the fact that Crash Bandicoot occupies the top four spots on the PSone and PS2 list almost every month it must be time for a new game or at least a HD remake (for Vita)?

zalwelgoedgaan 09 July, 2014 @ 15:18
4.1

I don’t think the PS1/2 Classics sell all that much, they are probably double-digit dancing with eachother every week.

bradleyEIRE 09 July, 2014 @ 16:35
4.2

I’ve bought quite a few, all Rockstar games, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Metal Gear, Spyro, I’d say the classics still bring in a tidy revenue for Sony. Nothing sells like nostalgia.

Conception 2 -> game that was one of must have titles for many European gamers in last month barely got into top 20 (on last position)

This month it is nonexistent.

This is a fate of digital only games.

Sign petition help us encourage to bring Freedom Wars to us:

Side note: I bought Demon Gaze just because there was retail version (I was planning to buy Conception 2 instead… but digital only = boycott) … and I LOVE IT! If you didn’t buy it yet, now is the time, really fun to play… maybe too much ecchi stuff for me… but still great game.

+buy Child Of Light retail version to show them power of retail games… (love it so far)

I have a physical version of Conception II (came with a soundtrack as well). There are shops in Europe that sell US games. If Freedom Wars only comes out digital here then I will be importing it. Oreshika comes out digitally in EU I will import it (rather buy from shops in EU that carry US games. The only + to digital is if you have 2 PS3’s and you are “game sharing” between the two (as opposed to playing split screen co-op can play co-op on 2 separate telly’s in the same house).

Child of Light (PS4 and PS3 version) was digital only, even buying the deluxe edition in a shop. I got a nifty key-chain though.

Also as Freedom Wars is developed by SCE Japan studios, if Sony Europe decides not to release physical edition then it blatantly confirms what Europeans have believed for a long time (Europe subsidizes the US market and our custom is ultimately irrelevant to Sony). This is how you will anger a customer base, this is how a customer base stops buying your products.

I say hurry up ...

Show full comment

I say hurry up Steam Machine, this is the console I’m waiting for

frimo_online 09 July, 2014 @ 16:32
5.2

Following the logic of boycotting digital-only games, surely it just makes it worse for us here in Europe, i.e. by not buying the game in the only form it exists in (locally), sales will show underperformance of the title, thus making publishers less confident in putting out the more costly, physical release. It’s a doom engine – perpetual downward spiral ending only in the demise of the existence of the idea itself.

Don’t get me wrong, I love me a physical copy, but fewer games are getting localised release in EU every year, and by not supporting the digital-only games, we’re effectively saying we don’t want them to begin with.

5.3

@Izorpo
1. That means that SCEE won’t ever see your money, it will go straight to SCEA

2. You won’t be able to download DLCs unless you have US account.

3. Freedom Wars will probably have Online Pass (JP has it) so you won’t be able to play on imported game.

4. Partially I agree… with Oreishka… I was supporting like a mad SCEE martket refusing to buy single thing from SCEA (check point 1)… but if they will betray us I’m going to import Oreishka without thinking twice. Console without games is just a piece of junk.

5. True… it would be confirming their betrayal… #4thegamers would have to be changed to #4themoney.

6. It is really weird because in EU Sony sold 30% Vitas than in NA… it doesn’t make any sense at all that we get less games! Even Blazblue from aksysgames sold 2 times better than in NA… and yet they dropped support.

7. I don’t really feel like supporting companies that discrimante EU…

Show more replies
fps_d0minat0r 09 July, 2014 @ 15:14

Are people really paying £55 and £60 for watch dogs digital?

wow…I’m dreading an all digital future already.

6.1

Use your brain why people would still buy the digital version, maybe because it works on two consoles?

Stonesthrow 09 July, 2014 @ 15:15

Waiting for sales on Valiant hearts, Child of light and Transistor ;)

zalwelgoedgaan 09 July, 2014 @ 15:17

It would be really nice if we got actual sales numbers. We only have the ratings to rely on to see how much it sold _at least_ in Europe, and I don’t rate all the content I buy because it takes too long to quickly visit the page to rate it. Is it possible to include a rating option for the web store?

Still No Answer so Repost

Can You Explain Why ONLY 2 Replies and Why we are still missing many PS+ Discounts: 491 Comments 2 Author replies
I Posted here because you have totally ignored the original topic. Where is:
Final Fantasy IV (Discount goes live Thursday 3rd July) (Shame it’s the 9th and this still hasn’t Happened!)
now €4.99/AU$7.55/£3.99 (STILL NOT DISCOUNTED!)
“Fred Dutton 4 July, 2014 @ 11:57 am 212.1

Right, all discounts should now be live and visible on Store, or will be within the next 30 minutes depending on where in Europe you are. Sorry to keep you all waiting.”
Fred U have a very strange concept of time, 5 DAYS LATER and we still haven’t reached YOUR 30Mins…

Fred Dutton 09 July, 2014 @ 15:26
9.1

There are indeed two outstanding discounts from last week’s sale: FFIV and Resident Evil bundle. These discounts will go live with today’s Store publish. Sorry to keep you waiting, and thanks for your patience.

9.2

Wrong info , it seems the blog made a mistake with FF 4 as its really FF9 which is on sale, so no ff4 discount will go live, at least thats how i just undestood jawads post.

Fred Dutton 09 July, 2014 @ 15:35
9.3

FFIV Complete Edition will be discounted later this afternoon

Show more replies

Crash Bandomination.

supersmith2500 09 July, 2014 @ 15:42

Seems like Crash dominates the Classics yet again. So much love for our orange Bandicoot. : )

madmanwithabox12 09 July, 2014 @ 15:54

When is Entwined coming to Vita?

Fred Dutton 09 July, 2014 @ 16:37
12.1

I don’t have a firm date for you at present, but look out for more news soon

renaultmilton 09 July, 2014 @ 16:39

What the heck? Is Minecraft still tops on PS3 sales? Hope Hohokum top it off. :)

renaultmilton 10 July, 2014 @ 19:27
13.1

In August: Minecraft tops on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita Sales and LitttleBigPlanet will never will get the top. :)

I’ve been asked to ask about Playstation TV box. Are you having to buy the games again or any digital games you’ve already purchased will be useable?

I’m presuming you won’t be able to use any disc based games to stream to the box, but can you play co-op digital games purchased on 1 account in the same house on separate telly’s with 2 accounts or both on the same account? If there has been any articles answering these questions or giving more detail would be greatly appreciated if a link can be provided.

Whow, I must really underestimate how desperate other Vita owners are. Can’t explain otherwise how Borderlands 2 gained its top spot, despite the less than favorable reviews.

15.1

And I must really underestimate how close-minded some gamers can be if they’re incapable of forming their own decision without following a meaningless score out of 100.

If you actually tried playing the game, you’d see it was actually a very good port of a very good game. I love playing it on my commute – there’s no other system out there that would give you the same experience whilst sat on the bus or tube.

If all you’re concerned about is frame-rates and graphical resolution, over actually having fun playing games, then good for you. I’ll be playing Borderlands 2 on my Vita.

15.2

Ahem, this was not about my interest in buying Borderlands 2 on the Vita. I don’t want to play shooters on the Vita, for example. And I wouldn’t want to play BL2 AGAIN, after I already own it on PC and PS3.

Add on top that the Vita version simply is far from being the best version for this game and you’ll get my surprise. But hey, if you don’t think that a worst version of a game that pretty much everyone played already, ending up on the top of the store charts could be considered a sign of desperation … fine for you.

Sad not to see infamous second son on the charts :/

Would be very good if we good get proper sales numbers to go along with these.

Quick question Fred – can you look into Atelier Rorona Plus. After the delay in it getting onto the store, it looks like there’s been another delay somewhere as the trophies don’t seem to have been registered on PSN yet.

As such, no-one that I’ve spoken to can sync their trophies on either the PS3 or Vita versions. I have the Vita version, and it won’t even register that I have the game.

Entwined has got to be one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Bought immediately after the E3 press conference, I assumed – WRONGLY – that it would be “a bit like Rez” and “it must be alright if they are showing it off at E3!”… NO. It is AWFUL.

One of the few times I’ve wished I could get a refund from PSN. I deleted it from my PS4 on the same night after switching the game off before I’d even finished the game. It is SO boring; the graphics are TERRIBLE and the “flight” section controls are a SHOCKER! How Sony thought this was worth a release is beyond me.

It’s so bad it’s actually insulting. I pity the fools like me who were conned into buying this half-baked ugly mess.

^_^ tomb Raider 70%

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.