Posted

Two new free Killzone Shadow Fall maps available tomorrow

Here’s your first look at The Terminal and Stormgracht

Today sees the arrival of The Terminal and Stormgracht, two freely downloadable multiplayer maps for Killzone Shadow Fall. The Terminal is situated inside the Wall on the New Helghan side while Stormgracht is set in the toxic industrial area of the planet.

The Terminal

Set inside the vast partition wall on the New Helghan side of No Man’s Land, The Terminal is not the kind of station you would ever wish to find yourself in. Part defense facility, part prison complex, this foreboding place is linked by a series of rail systems, through which the trains run relentlessly at breakneck speed.

On one side of the station lies the armory control center, from where the entire station’s defenses are monitored. Nearby, huge automated AA guns watch constantly over the bridge that leads to the Vektan side of the city.

On the other, a series of grim and foreboding holding cells await the unfortunate detainees who arrive at the outside platform. Here, their goods and personal effects are stripped from them and dumped carelessly before they are either imprisoned or taken for further “questioning”.

With numerous platforms and floors to explore, this level will really test players’ navigational skills. Watch out for the precarious routes that line the train tracks themselves – these narrow ladders and staircases may be the key to your success or failure.

Above and beyond all, beware the trains… nothing that lays in their path will withstand their vicious velocity.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

The Stormgracht

Carving its way through the toxic industrial area of New Helghan, the Stormgracht is a maze of broken and discarded junk that the floodwaters have washed down over the years.

Dominating the main central channel, the ancient spillway gates hold back a vast manmade reservoir, and can still be opened in order to flush the Stormgracht. The raging torrent that ensues will destroy anything and everyone in its path, unless safe ground can be reached either above water level or inside the Gracht’s walls.

On one side of the Gracht the interior space houses a network of antiquated treatment systems, which can still be seen churning away beneath the walkways. The wall on the other side of the channel has become so silted-up that it can no longer be used, and it is here that exiled citizens from Vekta City have retreated, desperate to escape the oppression of New Helghan rule. In these vile conditions they barely manage to eke out an existence, but have nonetheless managed to transform their surroundings into a shanty town where they may shelter.

Spaces within the walls are cramped, but multiple routes devised from tunnels and pipes provide plenty of opportunity for players to move stealthily throughout all the interior areas. In stark contrast, the central channel itself is largely exposed, and those players willing to take the risk will find plenty of great spots for sniping. However, the deliberate lack of cover means that they may in turn leave themselves vulnerable.

The Stormgracht will challenge player’s tactical abilities to the extreme, as the gameplay continually shifts with every opening of the floodgates. We hope you remembered your bathing suit.

We’re excited to hear what you think of these additions to Killzone Shadow Fall’s expanding multiplayer map lineup. Try them out and let us know what you think in the comments below!

DLC06_B

12 Comments
0 Author replies
Stonesthrow 22 July, 2014 @ 16:06

Interception maps please -_-

Please release the soundtrack for the game! I love the music in Shadow Fall. The maps look good too thanks.

TheNarrator 22 July, 2014 @ 16:14

both look dark and moody, cool stuff :D. cant wait to see people smooshed by the trains and flooded out xD. we thought Stormgracht may have been a Blood Gracht remake of some kind lol.

would love to see a snowy map of some kind 8). and more with bits of interaction and dynamic business happening over it.

EggersTownVille 23 July, 2014 @ 07:26
3.1

Dam was hoping for a Blood Gratch remake too. A re make of frozen dam would be fun

I WILL TAKE ON THAT TRAIN…& Lose :D KZ:SF is still the BEST looking Console FPS out there :P + Thanks for the free Maps GG ;)

Nice can’t wait to check em out. Shadow Fall still my favorite FPS. Killzone & Battlefield for the win.

Both looking good going off the videos and screens, cheers GG

GrahamakaGoD 22 July, 2014 @ 21:55

Looking forward to these! I love Killzone :)

Porcupeth00 22 July, 2014 @ 22:14

thanks. a photo mode would be awesome too! for SP

EggersTownVille 23 July, 2014 @ 07:30

CO OP maps please

Killzone is great but it’s hard to enjoy when no one plays it in Australia except for WIDE who just spam the crap out poor randoms with the way OP grenade launcher attachment.

It amazes me how much work goes into these maps, the textures and level of detail is amazing! How do they do all this work for free? I pay for BF4 Premium and those maps look nowhere near as detailed as these.

The problem with KZ MP is that the game mechanics are far too slow for my taste … I don’t want to anger the Hardcore fans since I know this is what they like .. but I’m pretty sure most of us prefer faster paced stuff.. which is why COD and BF are so popular .. but BF was such a major disappointment it has me considering getting COD .. while I promised my self I would skip this COD (first COD ever that I’m skipping .. seriously have every single one of them) I hated BO2 and MW3 .. and ghost didn’t seem any improvement. BUT man .. I probably would have been better off than buying broken BF4 ..It took nearly a year for it to become playable, man am I happy I did not spend another 50euro’s on Premium lol .. (as far as I’ve seen zero value/return anyway)

Show full comment

But I keep thinking .. imagine that you didn’t feel as heavy in KZ, could jump a little higher, move over obstacles more easily, etc… you’d have the best console FPS out there (in my opinion) P.s. last time I played it there was a lot of pop-in .. which is weird because previously I did not notice that at all?

Ho well .. I will definitely check out the maps and this also made me want to replay the SP.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history