Posted

New Hohokum trailer debuts and launch week discount detailed

PS Plus members get 20% off, as well as other extras

Hello! Well, we have finished making Hohokum. I still can’t quite believe it. I feel tired and emotional. In a good way though. Working on Hohokum has been fun right up until the end, and we are very happy with the finished game. I hope you will be too.

Hohokum will be released on 13th August. For the first week of launch, there’ll be a 20% discount for PS Plus members, and all purchases will also come with a custom PS3 static theme and a Hohokum DLC pack for Sound Shapes! I did the art for it and there’s a track by Tycho from the Hohokum soundtrack in there too. So go make some Hohokum-themed Sound Shapes levels!

Oh, and Hohokum is Cross-Buy too! For €12.99/£9.99 you get the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita versions all in one go. One day you could be playing Hohokum in the bath, the next day projected on the side of a barn…

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

To celebrate the launch of Hohokum, we have a new little trailer. It stars a crazy lovable hermit guy. He will tell you about some of the stuff you can expect to see in Hohokum. Check it out above.

So there you have it. Now you know everything there is to know about Hohokum… or perhaps you are still thinking ‘what the devil is going on in this videogame?’ That’s okay. It is a curious and surprising game. The best way to find out what Hohokum is about is to play it for yourself. With any luck you will be charmed and delighted.

Well, I won’t waffle on. I’m sure many of you already have plans for Hohokum launch day. Perhaps a street party, a kite festival, or a Hohokum-themed cocktail soirée? I am told that it is not a national holiday in all countries. Hopefully that will change in years to come.

Hohokum_E3_Screen13

28 Comments
0 Author replies
HomessaHomem 23 July, 2014 @ 17:04

I REALLY NEED THIS IN MY VITA!

andrewsqual 23 July, 2014 @ 17:15

Same here, what a delightful little gem. Every trailer of this game brings me joy. ^_^

My eyes aren’t ready for how beautiful this will look on the Vita’s OLED.

LOVELY Colors :D Sounds like a good deal to(all 3 versions for 1 price) :P

zalwelgoedgaan 23 July, 2014 @ 17:32

Another game brimming with originality, a correctly converted price, a launch discount and even some free DLC for another game.

Offers like this and Counterspy should be standard, and we should do everything we can to support it and show Sony that we approve of it.

We should also tell companies who pull the $15 = €15 tactic to stub their toes on purpose.

Exactly this. I’m buying this not so much for the game (which is looking amazing, don’t get me wrong) but because it’s being handled properly. Love it!

Oh man! I really need to buy some Hohokum artwork. Game is so damn pretty!

Hopefully this runs better than Doki Doki Universe, which was absolute trash. Still feel cheated by it.

thekillingspree 23 July, 2014 @ 19:55
8.1

I beg to differ. “Doki Doki Universe” is one of the sweetest, cutest and most endearing games I’ve ever had the pleasure to play (I bought it and a few months later it came out as part of IGC on PS+ and I wasn’t even a little upset about it). Just a couple of minutes with it it’s enough to bring a smile to my face. But it’s definitely not a game for everyone, specially those who don’t like to look at pics of cute animals online or enjoy eating a colourful cupcake. It’s a game you play mostly with your heart. But, since we’re at it, “Escape Plan”, on the other hand… That’s still one of the very few purchases I regret having made for my Vita, as it feels and plays just like an average Android game (though it does look much better than one) and I removed it from my Vita memory card the day I bought it, sadly.

8.2

Beg to differ all you want, it’s objectively garbage, and I do not say this lightly. The game is plagued by enormously long loading times that are frequent, stuttering and low framerate (seriously it runs at like 10-15fps and has massive drops) and the game is prone to crashing. I had it crash on me 3 times within an hour or so.
How you can see past this is beyond me, it is a mystery how this game was greenlit by Sonys quality department as it is not fit for purpose. It should be removed from the PSN store.

thekillingspree 24 July, 2014 @ 07:08
8.3

Not sure if you’re referring to the PS3 version, because I have the Vita version and, apart from the occasional wee-bit-too-long loading time (which doesn’t bother me at all, I’ve seen a lot worse), I haven’t experienced anything else of the things you pointed out to be wrong with the game. Really, none of it, it runs buttery smooth on my Vita. It’s unfortunate that your experience with it hasn’t been as pleasant as mine, I still believe it’s a rather underrated game, with a lovely visual style, and some quirky and sweet character interaction.

Show more replies
counterUAVbaby 23 July, 2014 @ 18:12

Sorry for the spam, but I want to get reid of my Destiny beta code if you want it send me a friend request. :))

counterUAVbaby 23 July, 2014 @ 18:17
9.1

Its PS3 only.

Aw snap, 13th August… Please can I just have this now?! I’ve got a tenner here and everything… Take it! GIVE ME HOHOKUM!

Also, can we get titles like this up for pre-order on the PSN store? I would like to just pre-order this and Rogue Legacy.

richard4481 23 July, 2014 @ 18:49

Brilliant can not wait for this game!
Need this in my life :)

thekillingspree 23 July, 2014 @ 19:58

Well, I was trying to resist the awful amount of delicious quirky appeal this game oozes (too many games to play, too little free space on memory card), but now I guess I’ll just have to buy it and enjoy it :D

renaultmilton 23 July, 2014 @ 20:02

CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN! ALREADY TESTED THIS GAME! :)

ordnaeLeandro 23 July, 2014 @ 23:51

This looks great. What will the Australian price be?

Really looking forward to this game.

I’ll be having this.

I hope that SCEE offers a discount on Sound Shapes to go with this. It’s on sale on the US PSN Store, and you can actually pre-order Hohokum and get the theme and bonus DLC straight away… you don’t have to be a PS+ user to get the bonuses either.

Wow this looks as fun as Loco Rocco. i’m getting this week one :)))

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history