Posted

New on PlayStation Store: Oddworld, Dark Souls 2 DLC, Entwined, more

Plus, Castlevania: Lord of Shadow 2 is our deal of the week

Abe’s had a makeover and is back as odd as ever. Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty is a remake of the classic game that popped up on PlayStation all those years ago. Expect new visuals, enhanced audio and gameplay tweaks that improve upon the original.

Whilst Oddword fans reminisce on good times with Abe, Dark Souls II players are treated to the first piece of new content in Crown of the Sunken King. Set in a different world within DSII, Crown of the Sunken King lets you explore a vast underground cavern in search of the crown said to hold the strength of lords of the past.

Also coming out this week; Episode 4 of The Walking Dead, continuing the gripping story of Clementine, Might & Magic strategic card game Duels of the Champions – Forgotten Wars and Reign of Giants for Don’t Starve that adds new challenges, characters and more.

PS Plus

Oddworld: New ‘N’ Tasty – Abe Scrub Outfit – Free if you purchase Oddworld: New ‘N’Tasty until 6 August

Don’t Starve – Reign of Giants – 10% off, ends 30th July

PlayStation 4

EP4134-CUSA00326_00-ONNTGAME00000001_en_THUMBIMG
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Price: £17.99/€20.99/AU$31.95

PlayStation 3

EP0001-NPEB01985_00-MMDOC00000000001_en_THUMBIMG
Duel of Champions – Forgotten Wars
Price: £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95

EP4396-PCSB00229_00-B000000000001278_en_THUMBIMG
Draw Slasher Bundle (Full Game + Hanzo Avatar)
Price: £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55

The Walking Dead: Season 2, Ep. 4, Amid the Ruins
Price: £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55

PlayStation Mobile

Night Climb (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

TriCirSquare (£0.40/€0.49/AU$0.90)

P1 (£0.40/€0.49/AU$0.90)

Bomber Farm 3D (£1.79/€2.29/AU$3.95)

Seraphim (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

Console Saga (£1.79/€2.29/AU$3.95)

Tower&Sooting (£1.79/€2.29/AU$3.95)

Bloodred Wyvern (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

Gravity Cube (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

Road Skill (£1.79/€2.29/AU$3.95)

Role Playing Tetris (£4.49/€5.49/AU$9.25)

Buba (£1.59/€1.99/AU$3.45)

PS4 DLC

Don’t Starve

• Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants Console Edition (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)

Killzone Shadow Fall

• Multiplayer Maps (DLC3) (Free)

Pinball Arcade

• Black Knight 2000 Pro Pack (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)
  • WHO dunnit Pro Pack (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)
  • High Speed Pro Pack (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)
  • Junk Yard Pro Pinball Table (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)
  • Junk Yard Pro Upgrade (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)
  • Black Knight 2000 Pinball Table (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)
  • WHO dunnit Pinball Table (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)
  • High Speed Pinball Table (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)
  • Junk Yard Pinball Table (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)
  • Black Knight 2000 Pro Upgrade (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)
  • WHO dunnit Pro Upgrade (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)
  • High Speed Pro Upgrade (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

• Skywarp Character (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Stinger Character (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Thundercracker Character (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Electro Bolter Weapon (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
  • Glass Gas Cannon Weapon (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)

PS3 DLC

Dark Souls II

• Crown of the Sunken King (£7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95)

GRID Autosport

• Best of British Pack (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)

Mugen Souls Z

• Jiggly Co. Equipment Pack 6 (Free)
  • Black Servant Set (Free)
  • Magical Bishop Set ZZ (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
  • Overwhelming G Up Fever Pack 2 (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Overwhelming Ticket Set 3 (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Jiggly Co. Equipment Pack 7 (Free)
  • Jiggly Co. Equipment Pack 8 (Free)
  • Ultimate Homemade + Gym Set (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Ultimate New Wife’s Dominion Set (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Overwhelming G Up Fever Pack 3 (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Jiggly Co. Equipment Pack 9 (Free)
  • Jiggly Co. Equipment Pack 10 (Free)
  • Gothic Queen Set (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Steel Girl Set (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Electrocution Battle (Free)
  • Jiggly Shampoo Battle (Free)
  • Wild Witch Battle (Free)

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Cross-Buy PS3/Vita)

• Quests for Bugs and Fish (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Robin Swimsuit pack (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)

Not available in India, South Africa

Rocksmith 2014

• Hold the Line – Toto (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Escape (The Pina Colada Song) – Rupert Holmes (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • China Grove – The Doobie Brothers (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • I Keep Forgettin (Every Time You’re Near) – Michael McDonald (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Kiss On My List – Daryl Hall and John Oates (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

• Skywarp Character (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Stinger Character (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Thundercracker Character (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Electro Bolter Weapon (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
  • Glass Gas Cannon Weapon (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)

PS Vita DLC

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Cross-Buy PS3/Vita)

• Quests for Bugs and Fish (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Robin Swimsuit pack (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)

Not available in India, South Africa

Availability change

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (PS3) – available from 25th July in Spain

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (PS Vita) – now available in Kuwait, Qatar

Deal of the Week

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Digital Bundle (PS3) – Was £24.99/€29.99/$44.95, now £11.99/€14.99/$22.95
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Dustforce (Vita) – Was £7.99/€9.99/$14.95, now £3.99/€4.99/$7.55
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE (Vita) – Was £24.99/€29.99/$44.95, now £11.99/€14.99/$22.95
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

192 Comments
8 Author replies
XtianHawkGamer 23 July, 2014 @ 14:33

Oddworld for me! :D

1.1

Buying such old remakes/ports is the reason less gamedevs innovate us with suprising, fun & new games.

Jacko_the_lad 23 July, 2014 @ 15:02
1.2

Tell that to the people buying The Last Of Us again after it only being released a year ago.

JediKnight246 23 July, 2014 @ 15:09
1.3

It’s good for all the people who didn’t play it before. Not sure I’d want to buy it again though if I had already played it, those PS3 copies aren’t going anywhere.

Show more replies

Still waiting for a proper firmware update on PS4.

2.1

First what?

2.2

Mp3 was promised but Sony are liars

THUNDERCAT1973 23 July, 2014 @ 14:48
2.3

why is mp3 so important really cant understand the fuss. if i want different music i have my phone etc.

MikklePirate 23 July, 2014 @ 14:34

Any news on 1001 Spikes? Its been about a month :(

Jawad Ashraf 23 July, 2014 @ 15:05
3.1

Sadly I still don’t have a release date.

3.2

Thanks for answering anyway. Hopefully this means it’s not forgotten at least.

THUNDERCAT1973 23 July, 2014 @ 14:36

at that price will give Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 a go

Sony please work harder on the store, prices, features, improvements and PSN.. Or in some years Nintendo is buying Sony to make a Mariostation 4.

5.1

For example in Deal of the week & Normal Discounts sections the second header is missing in web store and ps3 store so you cannot navigate it properly. Since many weeks already :(

5.2

And where is the Last Guardian?

LendMeYourVoice 23 July, 2014 @ 14:56
5.3

Have you seen Nintendo’s attempt at online? Their store is atrocious, their prices are awful and the selection of digital titles is fairly sparse. If you think a Nintendo-owned store would be an improvement you’re delusional.

The PSN store has a few serious issues but it’s still better than the competition.

Show more replies

Will We be getting the superhero deals which are available I the US? Very happy to see Abe back

6.1

We got these games discounted already a while ago in EU :)

Jawad Ashraf 23 July, 2014 @ 15:12
6.2

There’ll be a ton of stuff on sale from next week so check back then (not a Super Hero Sale) including a couple of those titles, but the Plus discounts will not match the US levels.

And why wont those discounts match the US levels or come even close to it? We got the exact same amount of games now.

Faustofausto 23 July, 2014 @ 14:37

Another week without a proper discount… If you don’t have any idea, how should a cool sale look like, check the US Blog!

7.1

I think last time we also got the superhero games on sale a bit later…

But the Sale of the Week is quite nice like most weeks I like this feature :)

Can we expect the summer festival sale soon?

Jawad Ashraf 23 July, 2014 @ 15:13
8.1

Next week :)

LordBeloved 23 July, 2014 @ 14:38

Any sale this week by any chance? (lovely prices on the weekly deals btw :) )

9.1

If I’m not mistaken big sale should start next week.

9.2

On the vita games that are in the discount section but not discounted ?

I know that sales receive a dedicated topic but are we also going to get the superhero sale like in the United States? Comic-con and superheroes in general are popular here as well and the samen sale Will get definitely get a lot of attention!

10.1

Our superheroes in EU beat brazil 7-1 !

No summer sale? :( i have 12 more days off from work. Come on! Let me spend the 80 € i have om my account. ..
And i already have lod 2, got it new for 10€

LordBeloved 23 July, 2014 @ 14:39
11.1

They hinted that the Summer Sale would be next week (or at least, not THIS week).

THUNDERCAT1973 23 July, 2014 @ 14:43
11.2

usually the summer sale is not till August.

11.3

Fred also said in the past “there will be more games on sale incoming” but then it was only vita lol

Shadowdragoon 23 July, 2014 @ 14:38

Any new information on Cross Region Gifting. *

Following titles getting on the SEN store?
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleap
PoPoLoCrois
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Thrillville
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

Adding some answers to the Crossregion gifting this time.
Quite simply I want it in the way Like id been gifted the physical verison right (new, unopened) from that country/region that it originated. putting Digital and Physical on equal fotting.

I do mean gifts would have to be purchased as gift to (new item not used).
As for why as gift and not just let us buy from other regions, that is the same reason you can get a physical (new) copy as gift, digital should follow the SAME rules, as its technicaaally the same item, just whitout the disk.

Show full comment

Any new information on Cross Region Gifting. *

Following titles getting on the SEN store?
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleap
PoPoLoCrois
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Thrillville
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

Adding some answers to the Crossregion gifting this time.

I do mean gifts would have to be purchased as gift to (new item not used).
And as its purchased in the “rigth” region as a gift to the “wrong” region it will be taxed, etc in original place of purchase, and where the original rights belong and reciver would recive the item purchased as a gift.

12.1

You ask the same thing every week and still don’t seem to be listening.

Kingdom Hearts BBS and Final Fantasy Crisis Core will never release on the store because the songs used in the games were never contracted to be used in digital releases of those games.

Unless Square Enix spends money to create new contracts and update the licenses (extremely unlikely), then they will never arrive on the Store.

12.2

I have been asking for this for ages! Even if it is in the same country only

@Jawad
1. Thank you for helping us with Freedom Wars
2. Can you tell (if you can) are there any plans for sale on SEGA games this year? I’m intrested in buying Valkyria Chronicles 2 but I’d rather wait for some deals.

13.1

So when jawad helps you with something you start thinking he is sony helpline and you start the next question??

13.2

@AlemanGC
No I said thank you because this is what you are supposed to do when you are grateful. And I am extremely grateful to Mr. Jawad because if not his help we wouldn’t even know that Freedom Wars will be digital only.

And I am asking about Valkyria Chronicles because he is part of PS Store team, if there is someone who might know anything about it it is Mr. Jawad. But I know that sometimes he can’t answer so I’m not pressing him, just asking, nothing more.

13.3

Yeah but its a vicious circle that never ends, you will always have another question for jawad and suck out all his blood :(

hurry_harry1 23 July, 2014 @ 14:39

No Dark Souls 2 Season Pass?

14.1

You can already find in the store, i have bought it yesterday.

14.3

I can’t find it either…

ROBERTWARNES 23 July, 2014 @ 14:39

Is there any chance we could get the other Need for Speed games for the PSP on the Playstation Store, like “Carbon: Own The City” – :D

15.1

I’d also love to see some more of the PS2/PSP Need for Speeds on the Store! Loved Underground Rivals and the like back in the day and would love that on my Vita – sadly EA doesn’t seem all that bothered about their catalogue stuff :(

AlexAtkinUK 23 July, 2014 @ 15:26
15.2

If only. I have been waiting for EA to make the PSP Burnout games downloadable onto my PS Vita since PS Vita launched. I only bought them to play on Vita as they work in the US, but no such luck.

madmanwithabox12 23 July, 2014 @ 14:42

Can’t wait for Oddworld’s PS3/Vita release. Couple of questions for the blog/store team:

1) Are those recent PSP (Silent Hill etc) games going to get Vita compatibility any time soon? I still can’t believe Konami made them PSP only, especially after saying they were coming to Vita.

2) Any word on Vita releases that have been out in North America for a while i.e. 1001 Spikes, Mutant Mudds, Dragon Fantasy II etc

3) Any more PS1/PSP games coming to the store? Legend of Dragoon, Dino Crisis 1 & 2 etc

16.1

oh… yup yup I’d love more PS1 and PSP games… like Chrono series

+ PS2 games like Odin Sphere

…. Odin Sphere on VITA that would be -> co-co-co-combo breaker and people are loosing their pants

but yeah I know that for know PS2 on Vita is not possible :(

stealthstu007 23 July, 2014 @ 15:06
16.2

I second the Dino Crisis games to come on store, i have asked a few times before with no response

zalwelgoedgaan 23 July, 2014 @ 15:06
16.3

PS2 emulation on Vita is not possible, all they can do is ‘remaster’ the games. Emphasis on remaster, because sometimes, depending on the type of game, they run worse than their original versions.

HeikeStagBeetle 23 July, 2014 @ 14:54

Hello Jawad,

It’s now been four weeks since you announced that Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga would be available for the Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, Poland and a slew of other countries. And three weeks before you announced the same for DDS 2.

Unfortunately, I feel the urge to post here that these games still aren’t available in the Netherlands, and I have a suspicion that before long people from Russia, Poland and / or Scandinavia may chime in with the same claim, even though Polish customers at least have an option to find them on an English-language site.

Last week, I didn’t immediately thank you for your short response to my query, saying that you would look into the situation, because I wanted to thank you for the informed update I hoped you would follow up with.

Show full comment

Hello Jawad,

So, first, thank you for responding last week; second, did you find out anything? As of earlier today, there was no follow-up comment anywhere on last week’s store update post. And third, would you be able to follow through on your earlier announcements?

zalwelgoedgaan 23 July, 2014 @ 15:05
17.1

Have you contacted the companies of those games? Maybe you’ll have a bit more luck then.

Just a bit, most companies who make a mess don’t tend to reply. :/

Jawad Ashraf 23 July, 2014 @ 15:22
17.2

I will definitely chase it up (I had no update still)

17.3

@zalwelgoedgaan
I’ve sent a tweet to Ghostlight. Got a response with “We’re currently looking into why DDS is still missing from some EU PSN stores.”

I’m still wondering why it takes SOOO long to make a game available for some countries.

If Jawad reads this, I hope he can answer why it takes so long to make a game available and how long we still have to wait -__-.

Also(if you read this Jawad). I want to know why Blazblue: Chronophantasma and Chaos Code are not available for the Dutch PSN store. And when will it be available for the Dutch PSN Store? I don’t want to import these games(Chaos Code isn’t even physical :/). If Switzerland and Luxembourg have these games , why can’t The Netherlands, Belgium and other countries(that are also being excluded) have these games too? I’m not accepting this >:(

Show more replies

You could at least bring a really bad sale so we can have fun reading all the complaints :D

18.1

Are you aiming for the Guinness world record of most comments on one PS blog page, or are you just drunk?

18.2

I am already drunk from my own life ;) and just having fun

andrewsqual 23 July, 2014 @ 16:44
18.3

Lol you would make up all the complaints though. You complain enough on the great sale blog posts like the one last month for Walking Dead Season 2.

@Lunastra78 He has the Guinness world record for most comments on EU Blog Posts on Wednesdays AND most complaints consecutively, I can tell you that much. All WITHOUT even owning a PS4 or Vita too.

O.K.

Proceeds to buy New N Tasty.

(Farts)

19.1

(giggles)

Please, discount the Kingdom of Amalur dlc-s.

Tuulenpoika 23 July, 2014 @ 14:57

Do you have any information about PS Vita Slim PCH-2000 being made available as a standalone console in Nordic countries?

Jawad any idea exactly why the KZ map packs always have 2 downloads both labeled the same thing what’s the difference? and if there is any woujld it kill you guys to label things properly

The Last of Us on PS4 is 50 GB. Well we be able to preload digital preorders before next Wednesday?

zalwelgoedgaan 23 July, 2014 @ 14:58

!!!!! DO NOT BUY DUSTFORCE VITA, IT IS BUSTED. !!!!!

It has severe input lag and the framerate is low and inconsistent. It’s a type of game that benefits from precise controls and this trash simply does not have it.

Okay, carry on with the replies.

Why are you refusing to put Dragon’s Crown on sale for PS3 PSN in Europe? It’s on sale for us psn ps3 yet again and we get nada. A sale on vita does not count.

THUNDERCAT1973 23 July, 2014 @ 15:10
25.1

think its more do to with atlus who have no love for Europe than sony

25.2

well, its NIS fault, they’re the publisher.

Uhm… someone forgot to put a PS4 deal for Deal of the Week.

26.1

There are no sales on PS4, you pay the full price and you shut up, you should know that by now.

Wow, what’s with the hate? I’d just want for Sony to show some love to PS4 owners for not waiting a year or two before there are games.

Hi, is there any chance of reducing Injustice Gods Among Us on PS4 or Vita. At time of writing the PS4 version is $8.40 in US compared to £54.99 in UK and the Vita version is $4.20 in US compared to £34.99 in UK. To say there is a price discrepancy is an understatement.

THUNDERCAT1973 23 July, 2014 @ 15:12
27.1

injustice has been on sale for ps4 and via got ps4 version for £12

THUNDERCAT1973 23 July, 2014 @ 15:12
27.2

vita

27.3

Never seen either game go on sale but even so the prices are ridiculous especially compared to the physical releases

Show more replies

Nice to see Oddworld with a reasonable UK/EU price! I’ve been lucky enough to play it early and it’s an amazing remake!

@Fred @Jawad RE Dustforce Alpha Map Pack, now it’s in the deal of the week can you please try and get the Alpha Map Pack issue fixed?
It’s been like it since launch. Here is the is the issue once again:

BETA and GAMMA packs have been fixed but poor old Alpha Map Pack has never worked for anyone who bought the game at a plus discount when it launched!

napalmjam360 23 July, 2014 @ 15:08

i bought sniper elite 3 dlc on the ps4 page and its gave me the ps3 version >:( can anyone help?

29.1

You have to contact customer support. in both cases (your mistake or store mistake), they will probably refund you

Any word on when Counter Strike is being released on PS3? The last thing you told us was that it was still happening?

30.1

No it wasn’t. Sony have never officially commented on CS:GO and they won’t ever comment on it. It’s against Sony policy to discuss QA failings publicly.

It failed QA, Valve felt it should have gotten a free pass and they haven’t resubmitted it. It’s never going to happen, may as well give up on that one.

why is Oddworld $32? I didn’t even pay that much for a brand new copy of the original on PSOne. This is so ridiculous, good job screwing yourselves out of no doubt more than just my sale.

31.1

Oddworld is a fully redone game, you can still buy the original PS1 version on the store, but this one was completely rebuilt from the ground up, for the amount of content it has, it’s well worth the asking price.

31.2

There’s a great interview with Lorne Lanning here that may answer your question: http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/08/oddworld-new-n-tasty-preview-and-lorne-lanning-interview-weve-become-triple-a-indie-4790351/

It’s also worth noting that they’ve deliberately achieved price parity with the US, unlike every other publisher (see: current US 70% off sales). You don’t need to buy it at its full price, there’ll no doubt be a sale some day but when there’s an endless sea of “AAA” garbage I think it’s worth supporting something as unique as the Oddworld franchise.

Hi Jawad, I bought Oddworld on PS4 but it’s not showing as bought at all, I can’t rate it, like it and it’s still showing as full price. But I have it in my Library (or Download list) and can play it. Is there any reason why is the game behaving like this?

32.1

If you’re having similar problem – re-install the game and it should be working :)

@jawad

Hey I have a problem with three games, no idea if you can help me, but if you can talk to the right people would be great.

First of I bought Sly trilogy long time ago, but some days ago I noticed that Sly raccoon (1) acts like I have never bought it.

Then Sound Shapes and Joe Danger give me an unavailable error, I can download the demos but can’t unlock them.

Also it would be nice if you can do something about using filters at oru download list and ignoring some members at blog.

Oddworld says £16.99 on the store then you click it it’s £17.99 thought I would point that out to you

Stonesthrow 23 July, 2014 @ 15:23

Just walking dead eps 4 and Killzone maps for me.. Would’ve prefered Co op maps for Killzone though, since that’s a seperate paid for mode they added last that could definitely benefit from some extra maps (only 4 by default), more so than the multiplayer imo.. Hope to see some new maps there before I maxed out all my classes, which I’m already close to..

Ac3_l1ghtn1ng 23 July, 2014 @ 15:26

Hey can someone help me out I bought the season pass for one piece unlimited world red but all the dlc for one piece has been removed from the UK store and even the newly announced dlc isn’t there. Any reason for this?

sithknight666 23 July, 2014 @ 15:36
36.1

Hey Ac3 have you tried accessing the store using a pc? Many moons ago dead space 3 dlc didnt show on console but did desktop version.

Ac3_l1ghtn1ng 23 July, 2014 @ 16:03
36.2

For some reason it keeps sending me to the US store

tired-hippo 23 July, 2014 @ 15:34

Very dissapointed in the price of oddworld. It shouldn’t be more than £15 and frankly around the £12 mark. Digital only/indie games seem to be going up and this is a bad idea, as alot of these need to learn to use impulse buys more.

madmanwithabox12 23 July, 2014 @ 16:09
37.1

Umm… considering it’s a very high quality product with cross buy for all three PS platforms, the price-point is fine. They need to make a little money you know. I for one am more than happy to support the guys at Oddworld Inhabitants/Just Add Water because they always make great games with lots of love and care put into them.

37.2

It’s a completely rebuilt game from the ground up and it’s cross platform to (PS4/PS3/Vita), this isn’t some basic HD Port like other games, pretty much everything had to be redone and the studio worked like mad to improve almost everything, they deserve the money here.

37.3

It was originally going to be £20, but Oddworld Inhabitants dropped the price.

New and Tasty isn’t a remaster, it’s a complete remake, ground up, taking a small team over three years. It’s worth ever penny, and more besides.

Un1eashedGR 23 July, 2014 @ 15:55

Why aren’t we getting the superhero sale like US? since i bought the ps4 (day 1) we haven’t had any sale on retail ps4 game that was as good as that. Always the great sales are for ps3 (or vita sometimes). We don’t even have 1/10 of the games the ps3 has and you still don’t do discounts to games that were out 7-8 months ago for the ps4. VERY dissappointed and i never write complains.

tired-hippo 23 July, 2014 @ 16:00
38.1

Its even more depressing as its the 75th anniversery of batman….hence why it is happening.

38.2

Actually they had the Batman anniversary sale back in May, I believe this US sale is for Comicon. Regardless, Microsoft are doing their own superhero sale with some of the same games… but for all regions.

THUNDERCAT1973 23 July, 2014 @ 16:30
38.3

we already had a sale for batman’s 75th. injustice was £12 for ps4. granted not as good as the us, but wages are lower than most places in europe and cost of living is higher so for them prices aren’t to much different than ours

darthMUMPTY 23 July, 2014 @ 16:02

Another very poor week……dont know why i bought a ps4 at launch…..nothing but rehashes and independents. Or lego games. Come on sony get it sorted. As for the sale next week…..half will probably end up on plus in the coming months anyway…..they have previous for that. So no sale from sony and no sale from me.

TiggsPanther 23 July, 2014 @ 18:25
39.1

This is always the risk of buying something at launch, or even in the first months (or year) or release. being an early adopter carries a large amount of Buyer Beware.

And it’s even more so in a games console.

Of course there still won’t be a huge amount of games out for it, even a year or so on. I don’t know how much advanced warning the majority of game developers got ahead of the initial official announcements but the public announcements were two years ago and the release one year ago. As I recall. And many big and involved games seem to have a development time of a year or two. If not, more.
And that’s just for known platforms, where people already have established workflows for development and testing. Going for a whole new platform, things are going to take a bit longer at first. So there simply aren’t going to be a huge amount of PS4 games even at this point.

Show full comment

And it’s even more so in a games console.

Add in that the older-gen consoles may be superseded but they are not dead and have very large install bases. So there will be companies still developing for the PS3 and Xbox 360 even after the release of the newer console. A lot of the first year or two’s games are likely to be co-developed for old gen as well, ports of recent or older games (maybe getting something closer to vision, owing to less limitations) or quick-to-code indie games.

I’m not saying that your points aren’t valid. They are, however, exactly why I tend to avoid buying something at or close to launch. Some platforms or technologies may have these issues to a greater or lesser extent but they are, basically, the inevitable curse of being an early adopter.

I’d expect it to take off a lot more in 2015, though. Not only will there have been more dev time but it will make two whole Holiday Shopping Seasons (with a whole year of steady purchases in between) to build up a much larger install base.

39.2

Don’t know why anyone would buy a console day 1, bragging rights i suppose, well done.

Hello,
The problem with Mutant Blobs – Vita Upgrade stays unsolved. I bought it, and I can download only the demo of the PS3 version of the game. Moreover, the Vita upgrade don’t appears with the mention “bought” on my PS Store.
Regards

40.1

A couple of days ago I read it had been fixed so I checked the store and it wasn’t, at least for me, but when I tried to add the Delicious Vita Upgrade to the cart I was offered the choice between two versions of the bundle, one of which was free: picking this one and proceeding with the “purchase” (double check it says 0.0€) added the unlock key to my download list (and this time the Delicious Vita Upgrade appears as bought).

40.2

(note: made the “purchase” described above on the web store, not on console)

40.3

Thanks Qismat.
I don’t read the fix what you said. However, I followed your advice, and it’s works.
Thank you for your help.

Singularity_01 23 July, 2014 @ 16:07

@Jawad Ashraf
Beyond 2 Souls will be in promo next week?

RCT3-Rulezzz 23 July, 2014 @ 16:07

Is LEGO Ninjago also coming to the store?

RCT3-Rulezzz 23 July, 2014 @ 16:11

When is lego Ninjago Nindroids for PSVita available? the release should be today…

swapnilking007 23 July, 2014 @ 16:13

Why are those vita games(gaming on the go) listed in the deals section without ANY discount?

Excited to get Entwined on the Vita! Can’t see it in the store yet though :/

45.1

Entwined the big announcement scam…its PS4 only…the announcement yesterday was a scam,,still no game on PS3 and Vita…regret this purchase and explanation why? scammed…

supersmith2500 25 July, 2014 @ 16:25
45.2

@skidpro

It’s not scam, I seen it on the Vita Store.

Maybe a little bit off-topic, but does anyone know if DS2 dlcs will have trophies ? I already bought the pass, but if they will implement trophies later on i am willing to wait (and if not ill just get straight to it :D).

46.1

its not there its 7pm don’t expect to be there, the web-store has it for ps4 only…i think we been taken on this…..its a joke..the game i want it off my ps4 and on my vita and ps3 as its not good for ps4…..storage space…

Considering Sony have New and Tasty as a timed exclusive for over a month, adding the cultural and historic significance of Abes Oddysee, you guys should be embarrassed about how little promotion you have given this game. I didn’t even know it was coming out until I read a review on Eurogamer.

I would’ve expected some news on the blog rather than the usual paid editorials and advertising puff pieces generally attributed to this site.

Guess they should’ve given Sony more money for you to acknowledge it even existed.

zalwelgoedgaan 23 July, 2014 @ 17:45
47.1

Sony doesn’t even bother promoting titles that are permanently exclusive for their platforms. They should be grateful that some companies are still sticking with them, even though times are tough and that it’s more beneficial to go multiplatform. Not only that, they are too busy with letting everyone know that Destiny has timed-exclusive content. WEEEEEEEEEE

counterUAVbaby 23 July, 2014 @ 17:02

Hello guys, if you want to play Destiny Beta I have 2 codes (PS3) and I would like to giveaway to you and play together, so send me a message on PSN and I will give it to you when I will online.

hitman_stephen 23 July, 2014 @ 17:24

Hill Cliff Horse price will be lowered for the summer sale, (its currently £0.65p).
Because lifes too short.
Who do i contact to get it starred in the sale blog post? :D

I am going to keep asking, when can we except a availability change for blazblue chrono phantasma

supersmith2500 25 July, 2014 @ 16:27
50.1

Please ask Aksys or Arc System Works, shouldn’t be long hopefully.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history