Posted

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops marches onto PS3, PS4 and PS Vita this summer

The hugely popular arcade shooter coming soon to PlayStation platforms

Hi, my name is Adam, and I’m part of the team here at Wired Productions. We’ve been hard at work on our latest game and our first game to feature on all Sony formats! Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, an action-packed, twin stick arcade shooter for the PS3, PS4 and PS Vita.

Some of you may have heard of Tiny Troopers before! That’s because Tiny Troopers was a hugely successful game developed for iOS and Android that went on to sell in-excess of 11 million units worldwide! WOW!

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops is a brand new game for PlayStation consoles, featuring all the great content of Tiny Troopers 1 and 2 with a brand new control scheme as well as cross play and cross save functionality!

An epic bite-sized arcade shooter, Tiny Troopers Joint Ops is filled to the brim with action-packed mini-maps of mayhem! Take control of your Tiny Troopers as you battle evil adversaries from around the world with a multitude of weapons and specialist soldiers. Collect medals, dog tags, Intel and more during the course of each mission. With over seven hours of gun-toting explosive gameplay, Tiny Troopers is miniature warfare on a massive scale!

I’ll be back soon to post more information on Tiny Troopers Joint Ops along with our launch trailer. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

Don’t forget to head on over to the Wired Productions Facebook page to keep up to date with everything Wired. Or just hit Like on the Tiny Troopers Facebook page for more information.

30 Comments
3 Author replies
blendercat27 24 July, 2014 @ 15:35

Sweet. Looking forward to this. Thanks.

YouTube vid looks awesome. Gameplay looks smooth with lots of action. Perfect for my vita. Is there an ad-hoc co-op? Happy to pay £8-£10 mark even if that’s with a small plus discount

Adam McGowan 24 July, 2014 @ 17:14
2.1

Hey ten-bucks, sadly Tiny Troopers Joint Ops doesn’t feature any Co-op mode, but I’m certain you’ll be happy with its pricing :)

StevenJamesHyde 24 July, 2014 @ 15:50

Twin stick? Boo, was hoping for Cannon Fodder-style pointer following. Still, I enjoyed the Android version so will await reviews with interest

PMurphy1978 24 July, 2014 @ 15:55

Looks very much like a cross between cannon fodder and total recoil. Is that a fair comparison?

Adam McGowan 24 July, 2014 @ 17:13
4.1

Totally a fair comparison PMurphy1978 ;)

squiggledyboing 24 July, 2014 @ 16:02

looks like Dead Nation,looking forward to it……deffinatel a purchase for me :)

It’s nothing like Dead Nation and a lot more like Cannon Fodder.

I was just playing a little bit of this on my tablet today and I really like the game.
I much prefer gaming on consoles than touch screen devices so I hope it is fairly priced on the PS4, or even included in PS Plus….

Might look into it if you price it right. It is a Mobile game from the start after all and I hope you will price it based on that.

Adam McGowan 24 July, 2014 @ 17:12
6.1

Hi kivi95 – you can rest assured that Tiny Troopers Joint Ops will have a price point reflective of the game / formats :)

HomessaHomem 24 July, 2014 @ 16:13

Cross-buy, cross-save, cross-play, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

7.1

Its got cross save and play … Fingers crossed for buy

Will the PS4 version have any differing extra effects, such as better rendering, higher res textures and more particle effects?

i hope game like this, do not release on PS4… this is android lvl

9.1

Can you not read? Its coming to all Sony platforms. That includes PS vita, ps3 and ps4.

Don’t like it? Don’t buy it.

You say ten bucks is the price above…what is that in Euros and sterling?

jellyhedgehog 24 July, 2014 @ 19:13
10.1

Ten-bucks was the person who asked the question.

jellyhedgehog 24 July, 2014 @ 19:17
10.2

Frodouk can you not read?

10.3

Ha ha…nice..like what you did there

TVsportsCOD 24 July, 2014 @ 17:42

I thought he was saying its ten bucks too. Actually he’s replying to a person with a PSN ID that is “ten-bucks”.

11.1

Little embarassed for ya buddy, you tell the guy off for not reading and yet your guilty of it yourself. ten-bucks is the poster of the comment. ;)

11.2

I know I know…do what you preach etc. Easy mistake though

jellyhedgehog 24 July, 2014 @ 23:12
11.3

You’re comment to Kedderli was just plain rude though. What about the easy mistake they made? That’s the quickest display of Karma I’ve ever seen.

This looks like a whole lot of fun – perfect for my commute on my Vita

Reminds me of the good old game ‘Cannon Fodder’. I loved that game and hoping this is just as fun.

Great Cannon Fodder alternative – loved this on Android! Ideally – this will be free PS+ game for August ???? Let’s hope!

Wow Adam, this looks great! Can’t wait to see future updates on this title, looks like it’s full of bite sized action, adventure and shenanigans, all in equal parts!

adammcgowan01 28 July, 2014 @ 10:13

Hi Japandaman and thanks for your feedback! We’ll be releasing some gameplay footage and additional screenshots in the very near future!

Sony please don’t make this game a PS+ game… and if so… please don’t eat a PS4 slot and eat a PS3 or PSVita one…

I think it would be appropiate to mention that the game is originally developed for mobile platforms by Finnish game company Kukouri Mobile Entertainment (http://kukouri.com/). Now when I read the blog post, I get the impression that the game is made completely by Wired Productions.

adammcgowan01 29 July, 2014 @ 10:24
18.1

Hi sh13ld- You are indeed correct. Tiny Troopers Joint Ops takes both original Tiny Troopers games, as developed by Kukouri Mobile Entertainment, and blends them into a new Tiny Troopers experience. You’ll be able to play either campaign from the very start as well!

Any more details on the release date yet? Or the price?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history