Posted

LittleBigPlanet 3: New create tools and features detailed

A closer look at some of the new gadgets at your disposal

We’ve been showcasing some of our brand new tools and features at Gamescom and we’re here today to give you a run-down of just some of these exciting new gadgets and features that you will be able to use to create your brand new levels and games with!

Customisable Heroes

Our brave, brave heroes all come with their own unique special abilities and physics but they’re capable of oh so much more! Each hero can be fully costumed up just like Sackboy but not only that, you can tweak them all in Create Mode to completely change their handling and abilities for your own levels!

LBP3-Gamescom-Screen08

The Blaster Handle

You have all seen his friends’ special abilities but Sackboy has some brand new tricks too! Using the new Blaster Handle tool you can create your very own power-ups for Sackboy to use! Power-ups from goop-firing guns to magically enchanted staffs is now possible… The only limitation is your imagination!

Dynamic Thermometer and Deep Layers

Using our brand new Dynamic Thermometer functionality, the LBP create thermometer is now more flexible than ever. This will allow for created levels to be massively bigger than ever before and even have much greater depth since a creator can now make use of up to 16 playable layers with some rather neat new gameplay objects to help our heroes transition between multiple layers instantaneously.

Touch Create

We’re fully utilising the unique features of the PlayStation 4 and using the DualShock 4’s new touch pad and you will now be able to use Touch Create to bring a whole new element to your level creation that just wasn’t possible until now!

Create Worlds!

Make Expansive Adventures!
Using our new adventure creation tools, you can now make your very own Adventure Maps filled with levels containing fun and exciting Quests that can be tracked across the entire Adventure using the new Organisertron quest tracker!

The Sack Pocket!
Whilst playing Adventures and completing Quests, you will be able to collect power-ups that Sackboy can add to his personal inventory, the Sack Pocket! Using the Sack Pocket, you can quickly equip and use these power-ups at any time during your home-made adventures!

LBP3-Gamescom-Screen03

Create Anything!
That’s not all and we’re still just scraping the surface! If we had to sum up the new additions in the tastiest of nutshells, we can tell you that you will gain access to the following in LittleBigPlanet 3…

• 70 Brand New Tools
  • 29 Enhanced Tools from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2
  • 10 Tools from LittleBigPlanet PS Vita arriving to home consoles for the first ever time!

If you combine that with all of the other tools that we’re bringing forward from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2… That gives you an absolutely whopping 250 Create Tools to pour all your imagination and creativity into!

LBP3-Gamescom-Screen01

Share Your Imagination!

Create Trailers, Stream Gameplay and More!
It just wouldn’t be LittleBigPlanet, if you couldn’t share your amazing creations and activity with the rest of the community! Using the PlayStation 4’s Share features, you will now be able to create trailer-style videos that you can attach to your published levels to give the rest of a community a personalised preview of your level.

We will also be adding full video integration to our LBP.me community site and you will be able to use the site to quickly find great new video content to watch and queue up new levels to play. Finding great content in LittleBigPlanet has never been easier!

LBP3 Gamescom

LittleBigPlanet 3 arrives to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on November 18th and is available to pre-order now! We can’t wait to see what you create with these brand new tools!

So let us know what you will be creating in LittleBigPlanet 3 in the comments below!

34 Comments
0 Author replies

Quick question. Will all of our collectibles (costumes, objects, music, etc…) from LBP1 and LBP2 transfer over to LBP3? It’d be a shame to lose all of the stuff we earned from acing all levels and such. And how about DLC? Will my crown and other DLC transfer over?

AirHunter0895 12 August, 2014 @ 18:39
1.1

I am pretty sure crown and other DLC will transfer.

1.2

Don’t worry I think they will because they did it with the vita so it wont be hard to do it to the ps4, if there isn’t then i wasted over £80!

1.3

Not sure about all collectibles but your outfits definitely carry over, though it could just be the ones you purchased, not sure..

Show more replies
RabidJellyfish 12 August, 2014 @ 19:19

Is PS3/PS4 crossplay going to be possible?

2.1

As far as I know this is a ps4 game, it won’t be getting a downgraded ps3/VITA version or anything..

AirHunter0895 13 August, 2014 @ 08:42
2.2

Stonesthrow,it actually is going to be kinda downgraded PS3 version because they need LBP3 levels working on both platforms. PS4 version will only have better graphics,the share button and a few others i forgot.

2.3

both systems has their own servers, so no but it will be cross save

This game looks amazing! It’s going to be so refreshing for the series!

Why is there not a vita version?

4.1

Well first, there has already been a vita version and second, do you realise how hard it is to transfer all that data to a hand held with different features? And also changing the resolution and it would still not be abel to run because of all the data.

2 words… Remote Play

4.3

Because nobody cares about the vita. Personaly, there’s only one game I’d actually BUY a vita for.

Will it be cross-buy? Just a yes or no would be nice!

5.1

On a full retail game like this, no.

5.2

Cross buy with what? This is a ps4 game..

5.3

@Stonesthrow It’s also coming to the PS3. http://bit.ly/1q7X2U8

Show more replies

I got question can your level get over heated in lbp3 if not that be great.

6.1

NO. It’s not physically possible on any hardware let alone the PS4. Levels ‘overheat’ to stop the game crashing. But they are improving on how the thermometer works if that’s what you mean.

After seeing this. I am pretty pumped for this. Being an experience creator (VeryCoolMe) made me want to create in this SO MUCH! What I think is that this game will be amazing… of course.

AirHunter0895 13 August, 2014 @ 08:43
7.1

Excitement! Creation! Sooooooo much tools!

Need this, been too long since I’ve had my lbp fix.

renaultmilton 13 August, 2014 @ 07:30

im going made somthing plattformer… but more fantastcic.

mr_krispy_kreme 13 August, 2014 @ 08:08

Wow! This is a lot of information to take in at once! I think I am going to try to make use of the 16 layers first. Hopefully, the dematerializer from the Vita made it to LBP3 (one of the 10 tools I really want). That way, I can build a rad-awesome ocean-looking level with sackboy on a boat. :D

No Vita version, Sony first party abandoned the console….Thank you so much…….

RedHotSackboy 14 August, 2014 @ 10:52

i hope on PS4 you will be able 2 play with player on the PS3 version Of LBP 3

12.1

you won’t, they run on 2 different servers

Sackboyskill666 14 August, 2014 @ 15:00

honestly…this is the best game EVER. XD

I’m gonna get it for PS3 from Amazon and create something insane. Im thinking a next level Assassin’s Dog level that crosses Assassins Creed 2, 3, Unity, and Rouge.

when will LBP 3 be avalaible to preorder in ps store for ps4 in eu? I guess, that US already has it avalaible and I still see nothing. is it going to have all the said DLC (4theplayers pack, dragon age inquistion pack and get it now pack)? all I need to know is if it will be there soon with all this stuff. when I’ll see it in the ps store, I’ll instantly pre order for sure. (ps. sorry for my grammar in this comment, but I’m not really great in english (and google translate really does not help too))

15.1

just can’t wait to have this awesome game at my all new ps4!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history