- New inFAMOUS First Light trailer debuts, new features detailed
- New The Order: 1886 trailer makes its debut at Gamescom 2014
- LittleBigPlanet 3: New create tools and features detailed
- PS4 exclusive The Tomorrow Children announced at Gamescom 2014
- Occult mystery The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is coming to PS4
- Hollowpoint from Ruffian Games will make its console debut on PS4
- Hellblade announced for PS4, from Heavenly Sword studio Ninja Theory
- Stunning new Rime trailer debuts at Gamescom 2014
- Upcoming PS4 system update v2.00 to add Share Play, YouTube, more
- Until Dawn unveiled for PS4 at Gamescom 2014
- Feast your eyes on a brand new DRIVECLUB trailer
- New Destiny trailer debuts at Gamescom 2014
- Tearaway Unfolded unveiled for PS4 at Gamescom 2014
- Alienation unveiled at Gamescom 2014
- Introducing WiLD, a PS4 exclusive from Rayman creator Michel Ancel
- New Far Cry 4 trailer debuts at Gamescom, Keys of Kyrat detailed
I am sure many of you will have tuned into our livestream, but for those who missed it, this evening saw PlayStation’s annual Gamescom press briefing take place here in Cologne, Germany. And it was a busy night.
It was so busy, that we even sneaked out a few announcements and reveals before the show itself even began: the first Bloodborne gameplay trailer, and new clips for LittleBigPlanet 3, inFAMOUS First Light, Murasaki Baby and The Order 1886; as well a handful of new game reveals too: Journey, The Unfinished Swan and Hustle Kings on PS4, and The Hungry Horde on PS Vita.
Onto the press briefing proper, and we debuted a huge variety of new titles currently in development for PlayStation platforms, from both our own studios and from our partners.
From our own World Wide Studios group:
- Until Dawn: Though first glimpsed for PS3 at Gamescom 2012, interactive horror Until Dawn is now on PS4
- WiLD: Your first glimpse at the incredible new title from Michel Ancel, the legendary creator of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil
- The Tomorrow Children: PixelJunk studio Q-Games return with a wonderfully eccentric new title for PS4
- Alienation: Dead Nation/Resogun studio Housemarque return with a frenetic sci-fi shooter
- Tearaway Unfolded: Media Molecule’s acclaimed PS Vita adventure comes to PS4 in a special expanded edition
Our third party partners delivered in style too. Activision took to the stage to offer a closer look at Destiny, Ubisoft gave us a sneak peak at its stunning FPS sequel Far Cry 4; Warner Bros offered new footage from Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor; and Hideo Kojima dropped in to share a memorable new Metal Gear Solid 5 clip. Oh, and let’s not forget the mysterious PT – check out the demo exclusively on PlayStation Store now and let us know what you think.
Heavenly Sword/DmC studio Ninja Theory unveiled its brand new action title, Hellblade; Dean Hall took to the stage to announce acclaimed zombie survival epic Day Z is PS4-bound; Ruffian Games debuted dazzling action title Hollowpoint; and Thomas Was Alone developer Mike Bithell showed off more of his eagerly anticipated stealth game Volume.
And the list goes on: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Papers Please. Nom Nom Galaxy. Snow. In Space We Brawl. Dreamfall Chapters. Pix the Cat. Ether One. Runemaster. Q.U.B.E 2. It was an avalanche of new games, further demonstrating why PlayStation remains the very best place to play.
Finally, we also gave you an idea to what to expect from the forthcoming PS4 2.0 firmware update (including the exciting Share Play feature), announced a 14th November release date for PlayStation TV and confirmed that PS4 has now sold in excess of 10 million units worldwide.
Like I said, busy night! Click on the links above to find out more about all of tonight’s announcements, and look out for plenty more Gamescom coverage throughout the week.